The Unwanted ~ Book 1

By zozocandy4

#64-Fairies 08/03/2018 #45-Fairies 10/02/2018 #17-Fairies 10/18/2018 #19 Supernaturalbeings 08/15/2020 *COMPL... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 ~ Andy
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11~Flare
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Sky
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 ~ Violet
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 ~ Violet
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 ~ Violet
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 ~ Violet
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 ~ Violet
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 ~ Violet
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 ~ Violet
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Violet
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 ~ Violet
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 ~ Violet
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 ~ Violet
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue

Chapter 19

23 2 0
By zozocandy4

I've posted two chapters this weekend! Make sure to read both chapter 18 and 19! :)

"Cassidy!"

Who is that?

"Cassidy, can you hear us? It's me Sky!"

That voice sounds so familiar, but so far away.

"Cassidy it's Flare and if you do not get up right now, I swear I will burn all your hair off! Get. Up!"

"Flare! You are letting your emotions drive you. That will not be of any assistance to us."

"Oh, shut up nerd boy!"

Flare?

"Hey Casinator, are you in there?"

"Rash, any luck with Andy?"

"No. I tried Sky, but he won't respond."

Why do I feel like I'm floating? It feels like I'm under water and all I can hear are muffled voices.

You must wake up my dear.

The mysterious voice filters through my mind and all of a sudden I feel myself rising to the surface of the water.

"Flare wait! Don't set them on fire!"

I jump up awake, just in time to avoid Flare's fireball. Andy on the other hand wasn't so lucky.

"Woah!" Her fireball whizzes past me and hits the ground where I was lying just a second before.

"Ow! Ow Owowowowow!" Andy jumps up and down his clothes set ablaze.

"That's how you do it!" Flare takes in her work with a satisfactory smile on her face.

"Flare it's good you woke them up and all, but if Andy stays ablaze any longer he'll probably fall back unconscious."

Sky points over at Andy who has started wobbling his eyes going out of focus.

"Oh crap!" Flare retracts her fire and I run over to catch Andy just in time before he hits the ground.

"What the heck Flare!" Andy glares at her and Flare just shrugs.

"Well the good thing is that you guys finally woke up!" Rash exclaims and Trace nods, agreeing.

"Indeed. The two of you were giving off the impression that you would not be waking from your slumber for a while."

"Well we're awake now. Though next time you try to wake me up, I'd rather you didn't try to toast me."

I look at Flare and she gives another shrug. "I had no choice!"

"Right. Anyway, I know we should talk about what happened, but I think it would be best if Andy and I got some rest."

Andy's chin has fallen against his chest, letting me know that he has fallen asleep leaning against me. Well he's gonna be a pain to carry.

"Besides I'd better call my parents, since I'm guessing they've headed home by now?"

I direct my question at Trace, who nods his head in assent.

Turning around, I start to head back to the cottages before I remember my vision and turn around.

"Oh, I just remembered! Something crazy happened last night, so that's another thing we'll need to talk about tomorrow!"

The four of them look at me questioningly, but I start walking again before they can ask me anything.

I make it back to the cottages, gasping for breath. Dang he's heavy!

Unceremoniously, I dump Andy on the ground where he hits his head.

"Ouch! What the heck was that for!"

"I just dragged your behind all the way here from the ceremony and that's how you thank me?"

I glare at Andy and he takes in his surroundings, realizing where we are.

"Oh crap, sorry princess I didn't realize."

He gives me a half smile and I raise my right eyebrow.

"What did you like butterfly better?" Andy gives me a mischievous smile and I grow red as I remember our little moment in the woods before the ceremony. He notices and shoots me a wink.

"I'm going to bed!" I turn away from him, marching angrily into my cottage, but I hear him laughing behind me.

"Goodnight princess!" He catcalls just before I slam the door of my cottage closed behind me.

Urrgh! He's such a jerk!

I quickly dial my home number and after the first ring my family picks up.

"Cas!"

"Cassandra!"

"Cassandra honey, are you alright?"

My parents and brother's voices hit my ear and I can tell that they have speaker on. I quickly reassure their worried voices that I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about and that I'll call them tomorrow. Hanging up the phone, I change into pyjamas and head to the bathroom to wash up, taking the makeup off my face.

I crawl into bed, too tired to think and fall into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and look around my cottage, confused.

Oh, that's right! I live in The Compound now!

I get up, pulling on a black t-shirt and black tights before heading to the bathroom to wash up. Grabbing my phone I make my way to the caf where I grab a tray of toast, sunny side up eggs and fruit. I see Violet, Samuel and Dilan sitting at a table, so I make my way over to join them.

"Morning guys!"

"Oh my gosh, Cassy are you okay?" Violet looks at me concerned.

"Yeah Vi, I'm fine!" I turn to look at Samuel and Dilan to find them smiling.

"What's with the smiles Mule and Dilanator?"

"Well, we've been telling Vi here that you were fine, but she was still worried."

Samuel explains and Violet smacks his arm in annoyance.

"You guys were worried too!"

"Anyway," Dilan cuts in, changing the subject. "I think we need to talk about those nicknames."

"What's wrong with them?"

"Dilanator?" Dilan asks me, while he raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah! Why do I have to be called Mule while Vile over here gets a normal nickname?" Samuel nods his head in Violet's direction and she smacks his arm again.

"Ow!" Samuel dramatically holds his arm in pain. "I'm gonna call the cops! I'm being abused here!" Violet and I roll our eyes.

"Look guys, my nicknames are final!"

"Fine! Then I get to call you..." Samuel trails off, failing to come up with a mocking nickname for me.

"Give it a rest Sam. I think Cas has won this round." Dilan says, placing his hand on Samuel's shoulder in sympathy.

"I'll come up with something! Just wait!" Samuel points his finger at me, refusing to give up, causing us all to laugh.

"Yo Caterpillar!"

I turn around to find Andy standing in the doorway of the caf, motioning with his hand for me to join him.

"Coming Wickleberry!"

I turn around to find three confused faces staring at me.

"Long story that I'll explain later!" I tell them as I grab a slice of toast to go.

"See ya!" They shout after my retreating back as I jog to catch up with Andy who had left the caf and was strolling ahead of me.

"So what's up?" I ask once I catch up with him.

He shoots me a half smile. "'Morning to you too Cas!"

"Sorry. 'Morning." I mumble as Andy chuckles.

We arrive at the library which answers my previous question.

"A lot of unexplainable things have been going on lately, so we're going to do some research!"

Andy enters the library and I follow him inside. I was here back when I had that practice spar with Andy, but I still can't help being in awe of the place.

There are wooden rectangular tables with soft chairs used to sit and read, or work on some homework. Behind these tables and placed along the walls of the library are tall shelves filled to the brim with books. At the middle table I can see Rash, Sky, Flare and Trace surrounded by stacks and stacks of books.

"Aw man, do we really have to go through all of these!" Rash whines and Flare shoots of a glare.

"For the billionth and one time! Yes Rash we have to go through all of these so quit whining, sit your behind down, and get to work!"

Rash, seeing Flare's deadly expression, sits down and begins to read.

"Hey guys, any luck?" Andy cheerfully asks and in answer Flare holds out two books that Andy and I take. We sit down at the table beside them and begin to read.

Looks like this may take a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 498 12
Cassandra has lost her mom then her dad in a way and now her boyfriend what else could go wrong? Also she is starting at a new private school as her...
1.4K 204 29
*** First book in the series *** Ember appeared to be the typical outcast at high school, always sitting alone and avoiding any interaction. However...
390 11 30
Nobody expects something supernatural to happen to them. Those kind of things only happened in comics. Fairy Tales. Unrealistic dreams that you'd fal...
275K 17.1K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...