Patience [Clint Barton]

By dancingspacecadet

Blythe Jones doesn't need a guy to make her happy. Well, to be honest she's never thought about it. Since the... More

1. Coffee
2. Running with the wolves
3. Hot Cocoa and Crushes
4.Guns up!
5. Hacking
7. Wall Crawler
8. Books and Braids
9.The movies
10. So we meet again
11. The Start of This
12. The end of the beginning
13. Coffee Hearts
14. Fire against Fire
15. Beach Days
16. No regrets
17. Relax and Mud Bath

6. Little black dress

737 27 3
By dancingspacecadet

Blythe was rudely ripped from her peaceful sleep by a loud noise. Not wanting to wake, she buried her head into the warmth she was lying on. Her attempts of sleep where ruined when she felt what she was laying on chuckling deeply, the persons chest rumbling as they did so. She popped her head up and her emerald green eyes were met with sea glass teal colored eyes. She relaxed with out knowing it and raised an eyebrow at Clint. Her eyes were still a little puffy and red but, they no longer had indigo bags underneath of them.

Clint had woken up at roughly eight that night, still sitting on the now cold tile floor. Shifting carefully, he lifted Blythe up and carried her to the couch. Ready to leave and go to his own bed and sleep, her hands found his shirt again and clung to the material. Sighing he laid down next to her and closed his eyes, going back into a peaceful slumber. The next morning, he was rudely awakened by a bright light in his face. Springing his eyes open, he glared at Tony who, had opened the curtain. Blythe simply responded with digging herself deeper into Clint's arm. Not enjoying the sunlight but, liking his warmth.

"Morning Birdy. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept fine until you rudely woke me up." Clint glared at his friend while Tony shrugged.

"It's almost ten o'clock and Fury has a mission for us. Is she okay? Steve told me what happened." Clint frowned and then had to fight a laugh as she buried her head even deeper into his chest, her hair looking like hell. The legit definition of bed head.

"Yeah, I think so. She just needed someone to help and calm her down. She also needed sleep. Yesterday she looked exhausted."

"Yeah. Should we try and talk to her about it our avoid the topic like the plague?"

"Probably avoid it like the plague." Tony nodded silently and left the room. Leaving the archer to gently wake up the sleeping Major. The plan of gently and calmly waking her was thrown out the window. Literally. Someone threw a lamp out of the window of the kitchen, creating a very loud noise and waking Blythe up. She growled and tried to snuggle back into the warmth as Clint laughed at her antics causing her to shoot her head up.

"Morning sleeping beauty. Loving the hair style." He joked, trying to get a laugh out of the younger woman. She sat up and shot a playful glare to the dirty blonde. His hands automatically went to her hips, and settled there.

"Ha, ha, ha. Early morning happiness is vastly annoying." she quipped, rubbing her eyes. When she was finally awake, she slid off of the archers lap and straight to the floor with a slight oof, causing Clint to wheeze out a laugh. This time she laughed as well as Clint smoothly grabbed her arm and tugged her up.

"Hey, um, I just wanted to say thank you for everything yesterday. I'm sorry for, s-sorry for what happened. Its not your problem and I shouldn't have dragged you into it." She tugged gently on the bottom of her soft top and bit her lip hard, drawing blood. Clint frowned and used his hand to tip her head up.

"Sorry to have to say it but, I'm pretty positive that you're stuck with the team and I for awhile. And I don't mind. I just want to make sure you're okay. So with that said, lets go eat. I'm starving." laughing, Blythe followed the Avenger into the kitchen and sat at the table after being handed a plate by Natasha. Before she could muster a single word, food was being pilled on her plate by Rhodey. She ended up with four pancakes, two scoops of eggs, a pile of hash browns, a hearty serving of bacon, and two pieces of toast. She looked at the food on her plate and then was handed a glass of milk as well. Her eyes widened as she looked at her friend who ignored her stare and started to eat his own.

Clint sat to the left of Blythe and piled food onto his blue plate as well. He raised he eyebrows at the amount of food on her plate and shrugged when she looked at him. Both picking up a fork, the population of the table dug in. Subtly, Blythe snuck her toast onto Clint's plate making him glance at her. She looked back at him wrinkling her nose, she shook her head in disgust of the bread. He grinned and took a bite, pretending it was the best thing that he had ever eaten. She rolled her eyes and kicked his ankle lightly. They kept making weird faces at each other and knocking into each other until another person showed up.

"Avengers. Plus Blythe." Fury nodded at Steve and took a seat in an empty chair next to Sam. He pulled out a file and set it on the table, hitting a button to make it holographic. A picture of a man showed up, sparking the interest around the table. "I need you guys to hunt this man down and get a flash drive. His name is Nathair Callum. The drive has vital information on it that SHIELD needs to get there hands on. Major Jones will be going in on this as well since his type is blondes and the fact that she's a great agent." That was all the man before sending the information to Tony and walking out of the room.

"You heard the man, suit up-" Steve started, pushing back in his chair looking at everyone before Blythe interrupted him.

"Ooh can I say it?" He rolled his eyes but relented.

"AVENGERS ASEMBLE!"

**********

Changing POV to Blythe!

***********

After breakfast, I drove myself home and hopped in the shower. I took my time washing off and scrubbing my face. I shaved my legs carefully and used my fancy body wash so I'd smell good. Stepping out, I wrapped a towel around my body and went to my bedroom. I put on a tight black tank and a pair of blue spandex, going to blow dry my hair. I just barely finished drying my hair when my phone rang. Sprinting back to my room, I slide up the video call from Clint.

"Hey Ives." He quipped, brushing his hair as he looked at me from his room. My cheeks turned a dusty pink as I noticed that he didn't have a shirt on. Okay so, I have to admit he's pretty hot. And he's really nice, and adorable, and loveable, and hilarious, and everything I want in a guy. But, I also know that he would never like a girl like me. He probably wants to settle down and live in the suburbs. My thoughts were interrupted by him repeating his question.

"Oh! Yeah, hey. Sorry I lost track of my thoughts for a second. What's up?" He rubbed the back of his neck a sucked in a deep breath.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah of course. I just got outta the shower and I'm going to get ready for the mission." He nodded along as I walked back into my bathroom, pulling out my hair tools and my make up.

"Ahh. Have to put your war paint on huh?"

"War paint?"

"Yeah. Isn't that what you guys call your make-up? Or did I just make that up?"

"Pretty sure you just made that up." I giggled a bit before starting curling my hair. I looked down into the screen just to push my gaze right back up. He had stepped away to put a shirt on, showing me his abs on accident. After I finished curling my hair, I picked up my phone again. "Okay so, I'm going to let you go so I can finish getting ready. See you in a bit."

"See you. Drive safe." He nodded and then winked at me making me roll my eyes, hanging up.

I zipped up the back of my black dress and looked in the mirror. The black dress was tight and It showed some cleavage but, not to much and there was no back. It had a v-neck and went to my knees. The skirt flowed from the high waist and the back of the dress was longer then the front. I finished putting on my red lipstick and checked my Smokey eyeshadow. Luckily, my skin was a naturally nice shade with an amazing complexion so not much makeup was ever needed. My skin glowed beautifully and my hair was pinned half up and the other half curly. My high heels had an intricate design of straps and were about 3 inches high. Luckily I had learned how to walk in heels by the end of high school making this an easy task.

Grabbing my black lace and crystal clutch and throwing my phone inside, I strolled out into my kitchen and drove to the Avengers tower. I parked in Tony's fancy parking lot and stepped into the slightly chilled air due to it being autumn. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the pent house button, breathing deeply. When we reached the top floor, I stepped out.

"Rhodey! I'm alive!" said man's head whipped around to see me walk into the kitchen. A smile graced his face as he stood to greet me. I smiled back and then proceeded to turn and wave at Steve and Bucky who were watching the TV in the living room.

"Great! I mean, I hope you wouldn't have died between before and now... that would be depressing. Oh god, what would I do?!"

I turned back to him and set my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. The damn guy was almost hyperventilating. His breathing started to even out and nodded

"Calm down Rhodes! It's going to take a lot to take me out. Do you remember my first year?" He breathed deep and grinned. I raised an eyebrow at him as he laughed slightly at the memories that flooded his mind.

"Yeah.... I also remember all the other times. Like the one when you got kidnapped and were gone for about 9 months. You fucking rose from the dead! It was like the freaking Walking Dead."

"It wasn't that bad!"

"You lost 2/3 of your blood! You weren't even supposed to be alive! No one is when they've lost THAT MUCH BLOOD!" I laughed and he chuckled at my rolled eyes. He stood and straightened his tie, which was done wrong. I mentally face palmed and started to fix it for him. For a man that can do a lot, its a wonder to why he can't tie a tie.

"Dumbass...." Once I was done, I turned and looked at his team. All the guys were wearing tuxedos and the girls dresses. Clint looks pretty damn good.... Natasha's was in a vibrant red maxi dress. Damn! That's a lot of sparkle..... Wanda on the other hand wore a navy lace dress, that went to her ankles.

"Apparently being in the Army hasn't corrupted your fashion sense." I rolled my eyes at Tony and set my hands on my hips, turning my offended gaze to him. He raised his eyebrows to a challenge that I happily excepted.

"For about 4 years I did infiltration. I helped your asses get into HYDRA! I've managed to get hundreds of men to let down there guard and tell me what I needed to know. All because I look hella good in dresses and I can be very manipulative." Rhodey and I laughed slightly at there baffled expressions. Natasha was the only on that didn't look shocked. Clint was the first to recover, shrugging and then taking a good look at me. Very blatantly checking me out, causing me to blush a dusty pink.

"You are called the Phoenix for a reason!" I nodded slightly, sending a small smile to him.

"Wait! You're the one that got us into HYDRA!!!!!" Tony spoke up finally in shock.

"Yup!" I said popping the p, grinning widely at the flirty man.

"Come on guys, we've got go! Like now!" Rhodey stuck out his arm and I put my arm in his, my tight black dress swishing at my knees. We all squeezed into the elevator and down to the garage. Rhodey, Nat, Clint, and I took a red mustang with Clint and I sitting in the backseat. I knew that he was looking at me but, I refused to look back so, I looked out the window or at my phone the whole ride.

"Blythe." my eyes snapped up to him and then to the front of the car where Natasha and Rhodes were having a conversation.

"Hmm?"

"You look very nice." He commented quietly, making me blush a dark cherry red color. I looked down at my lap and bit my lip, debating about my response.

"So do you." His grin widened as he leaned his head back in his seat.

"Screw that, I always look good!"

"Shut up, Barton."

************************

The mission was going great. I met our target and talked him up. Talked him so up that he wanted to take this upstairs.... I was hesitant to agree but, finally relented just to get the stupid mission over with. We were half way up the stair case when someone spoke up. Rhodey's voice filtered through my ears as I met the steady gaze of Clint Barton. His eyes held worry and a slight hint of.... of anger? My mind was broken out of its thoughts by Rhodes words.

"I don't like this!"

"Calm down Rhodey. I'm just going to get upstairs. If he gets to touchy, I'll break his hand." I continued walking with my mission and flirted some more, sipping champagne. I sent one last look at Clint before I turned the hallway and followed the millionaire into his office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 1.9K 17
Julianne Barton is an agent for shield. The only problem, is that she's very independent, but what happens when she has to work with the Avengers to...
19.6K 801 26
Sequel to {I'll stay with you} ☆☾Clintasha romance novel☽☆ Book 3 (Completed) Young adult years Clint gets introduced to S.H.I.E.L.D, as Director Fur...
11.1K 197 35
[#1 in peterandmj] [WARNING: fluff and heavy swearing] Peter Parker is like any other kid, except he is Spider-man. Stark is offering an Internship a...
53.1K 1.6K 71
*INSPIRED BY A POV I MADE ON MY TIKTOK ( https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMduhgtnW/ )* After the deaths of Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers, Steve's little sister...