A Forgotten Life

By Shinedownlover560

Trunks and Rosamoona are back in the stunning second book in the Trip Through Time trilogy. Growing up is tou... More

Author's Note
Part I
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Part II
Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Seventeen

304 7 0
By Shinedownlover560

After some arguing, we set out to find the Dragonballs. We'd use them to wish back everyone Vegeta killed today. Maybe even fix whatever happened to the Saiyan.

It didn't take long. Bulma had had years of experience tracking down the Balls. And with all of our help, it went by even quicker. Soon our group was huddled in the backyard of Capsule Corp, waiting for Bulma to summon the mighty Shenron.

Us kids stood off the side of all the adults. Bulla was still in shock about what her father did. Trunks too. But I honestly couldn't blame them. I know that if Daddy did something like that I would be upset for a long time.

"Do you think he did it cause he doesn't want to be here with us anymore?" Bulla asked, fresh tears threatening to spill. Marron hugged her.

"He didn't know what he was doing, Blue. I swear he didn't. Something happened, but Shenron will fix it." Bulla nodded and I could tell she was grateful for our friend's advice. I was as well. Some how, through all of this, Marron seemed to be calm. 

Suddenly, it grew dark as night. We all looked around, then at the Dragonballs which were glowing brighter and brighter by the minute. Finally, a beam shot into the air, spiraling and seemingly out of control. It formed loops of bright yellow light, a bulging mass at the end of all of it. Slowly, the yellow light faded as was replaced with shiny green scales.

"You have woken me. State your wishes so that I may return to my slumber," the dragon spoke. His mouth opened, but it didn't move, not like ours. It just hug there was words came out. When he was done, it closed.

I couldn't help but stare in awe at the beast before me. Though I had heard plenty about Shenron and the Dragonballs, this was my first time actually seeing the dragon. And from the looks on my friends' and brother's face, I could tell they felt the same way I did.

"Please bring back everyone that died today! Except the really, really bad ones!" Yamacha called up to the dragon. In response, Shenron's eyes glowed a bright red. It lasted for a few moments, then they died down.

"Your first wish has been granted. Please state your final wish so I may return to my slumber." Trunks and Bulla both tensed up, waiting for the wish to save their father. But it never came.

Abruptly, Daddy appeared, his clothes torn, but otherwise looking normal. We all sated at him for a little bit, surprised.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed, running up to him. Goten wasn't far behind me as I jumped into his arms. Together we sat in his arms while Momma and the others questioned him.

"Where have you been!" Yamacha asked.

"Why are you clothes are all torn up?" wondered Grandpa.

"Where is Gohan?" Momma demanded.

"What about Vegeta?" Bulma asked, clasping her hands together and looking at Daddy with a hopeful, yet sorrowful look.

"Guys look, I'm sorry, but I can't answer these questions right now." Still holding Goten and I, Daddy walked up to Shenron. 

"Thank you so much, Shenron! But we don't need anymore wished right now! We'll call you later when we have more!"

"As you wish," the Eternal Dragon spoke. The yellow light from before wrapped around him again. But this time, instead of him rising from the balls, they rose up to meet him. When they collided, there was a great flash of yellow light and then the Dragonballs were streaking across the sky, heading to their hiding spots until we needed them again.

"Goku! What the hell?!" Bulma looked at my father with fire in her eyes. "We still had one more wish!"

"I know, I know. And like I said, I'm sorry," Daddy replied, trying his best to soothe the blue haired woman. "But we can't afford to make wishes right now. We'll need them later."

"Later?! Can't afford to make them?! That last wish was going to fix Vegeta!" Tears started well up in Bulma's eyes, but she did a good job not letting them fall.

"What's going on, Goku?" 18 asked. "What's going on? Why can't we make wishes?"

"Because we'll need the Dragonballs for later," Daddy repeated. "Look, in a nut shell, Majin Buu has been released. He's going to wreck havoc on the world, and until we can become stong enough, we need the Dragonballs in case he does something drastic. I also need you to all come back with me to the Look Out so you'll be safe."

"Majin Buu? Who's that, Dad?" Goten asked. 

"He's the reason your sister's energy was drained earlier," Daddy explained, looking over at me. So that's how Yamu and Spopovitch were connected...

"Well, if you say so," Yamacha said. "How are we all gonna get there?"

"Just make sure you're all connected to me somehow, and we'll be transported there using Instant Transmission." I could tell that Daddy was relieved we were listening to him.

Quickly we all formed a line. Goten and I stayed in our father's arms as he transported us to the tower in the sky. Daddy set us down when we arrived, going over and saying something quietly to Dende, Mr. Popo, and Piccolo. 

"Dad!" Marron cried, running over to Krillin. He knelt down and hugged her, holding her close. 18 walked over to the two, bending down and kissing Krillin. 

Goten and I walked back over at Trunks and Bulla. Both still looked down.

"Cheer up you guys. Everything is gonna be okay. We're gonna get Vegeta back and kill this Majin Buu character," Videl said. I looked up to see her smiling at my friends. They, in return, offered her a small smile each.

"Goku, we're at the Look Out. Now, can you please tell her where my son is?" Momma asked.

All attention was turned to Daddy who was standing with the Namekians and Mr. Popo. Bulma stepped forward.

"And Vegeta! What happened to him? Is he okay?"

At first, no one spoke, waiting for Daddy to answer. When he didn't, Krillin touched his arm lightly.

"Goku, they need to know." Daddy nodded, but looked to the ground. My tail twiched nervously behind me. Something wasn't right.

"This is hard for me to say, but... Sadly, Gohan and Vegeta didn't make it. They were both killed in the fight against Majin Buu."

I inhaled sharply, my blood running cold. Gohan, dead? No, this couldn't be true! He couldn't he dead!

"Wh-what?" Momma took a few steps back, her body shaking. "G-gohan is d-dead...?" Daddy nodded somberly, walking up and pulling Momma into a hug. She collapsed against him, sobbing. 

To our right, a wail filled our ears. I didn't need to look to know it was Bulma. I heard feet pounding the cement, telling me that Trunks and Bulla had run over to their mother. Whether it was to comfort or to cry with her, I didn't know.

Meanwhile, my eyes, now the size of dinner platters, had not left Daddy, even as he walked over to hug my mother. I watched for any sign that he was lying, or that he had mistaken, but I found none. My older brother was really dead.

"Rosey." The sound of Goten's tear filled voice caused me to break my eyes away from Daddy. 

Goten had tears flowing freely out of both eyes, running down to his chin before dripping off onto the ground below. He didn't wait for me to say anything before throwing himself at me, hugging me tightly. I immediately hugged him back just as tight. 

"He can't be dead! He defeated Cell! He's stronger than all of us!" I almost didn't recognize my own voice. And only when I tasted salt did I realize that I was crying as well. Goten didn't say anything, but it wasn't like there was anything to say. Gohan was gone. End of story. 

"I know it is hard to except, but we need to move on." Wiping my eyes, I pulled away from my younger brother and looked up at Daddy. He was still holding Momma, but was addressing all of us.

"Right now we need to focus on defeating Majin Buu before he hurts anyone else. It's what Vegeta and Gohan would have wanted us to do." There were mutterers of approval and some nods. Daddy was right. We had to stop Buu. It was our duty.

"People of Earth!" If it were at all possible, my eyes widened further. My head snapped around looking for the owner of the voice, though I didn't recognize it. 

"It's Babibdi! What's he up to?!" Daddy demanded, looking to the sky. 

"I am the all seeing wizard, Babibdi! And I bring you a message! I hope you're all enjoying your peace, for this will be the last you see of it for a while! My loyal servant, Majin Buu, will destroy all of you!" A mental image and an enormously round, but tall, pink blob implanted itself in my brain. He had a vest with billowy white pants, yellow boots and gloves, and a purple cape on. A weird antenna sprouted from his head.

Suddenly, the image changed to a city. Babibdi ordered Majin Buu to kill everyone, but instead of simply firing a blast, the pink monster changed everyone to candy, proceeding to eat them.

He said a few more words before dropping the connection. It left a strange emptiness inside my head. 

"So that's Mjin Buu. The one that killed Gohan and Vegeta." I looked over, surpirsed slightly at the dark tone Bulma had adopted. But  the surprise quickly turned to anger. They were going to pay.

"Yes, it is. But don't worry, Bulma. We're going to kill him," Daddy said, smiling at his old friend. She, in return, nodded.

"But Goku, how?" Yamacha asked. "If Gohan and Vegeta couldn't beat him, what do you expect us to do?" 

Dady didn't answer. Instead, he looked at at Goten and I, then over at Trunks and Bulla, and finally, at Marron. 

"The kids are the answer," he replied. I blinked, surprised. 

"What d'ya mean, Goku?" Marron asked, taking a step towards my dad. "How're we gonna do anything that you can't?"

"With fusion." Now I was really confused.

"Fusion? What the hell is that?" 18 questioned.

Daddy launched into an explanation. "It's when two people of similar strength and build merge together and form a stronger being."

"That's what you want us to do? Fuse?" Trunks asked. "Will it work?"

Daddy nodded. "Oh yeah, it'll work alright!"

"Will they be strong enough to stop Buu?" Videl asked. Again, Daddy nodded.

"On their own, each of the kids is strong. But, when you put them together, they're nearly unstoppable."

I looked around at my friends and Goten, each of us sharing the same looks. Doubt, wonder, hope, fear.

"Well, if you're sure about this..." Bulma says, looking down at her two children, looking as if she were about to snatch them up and run off.

"I am Bulma, trust me." Daddy turned his attention back to us. "Bulla and Marron, you two will be fusing. And Trunks and Goten, you two will fuse."

"Wait, what about Rosey, Dad?" my brother asked from beside me. I nodded, agreeing.

"How am I supposed to help if I dodn't have anyone to fuse with?" I asked.

Daddy smiled. But, instead of answering, he looked up to the sky.

"King Kai! Are you ready?" he called out. 

"Whenever you are, Goku," a voice answered. It wasn't like Babibdi's. Instead, it echoed around all of us.

"Send her down!" We all looked at Daddy in mass confusion. A few of the adults recognized the voice. I recognized the name. He was the guy Daddy went to when he died. Suddenly, another person joined us on the Look Out. 

A girl who looked about my age appeared, standing in front of Daddy. She had brown hair pulled up into pig tails. Her eyes were a shade of gold and held joy. Her clothes... Where they a form of Saiyan armor? Above her head floated a perfect yellow circle; a halo. This girl was dead.

As I was studying her, I noticed something move behind her. Gasping, I saw that it was a tail, much like my own. Who was this strange girl?

Seconds after I gasped, I heard Momma and Bulma gasp as well.

"Is that... Aki?" Momma asked, taking a step forward and staring at the girl intensely.

"It is! Goku, how's she here?" Bulma replied, looking between the two standing in front of us.

"Rosey, who is that? Why are Mom and Bulma worked up?" Goten whispered, moving closer to me. But I shook my head.

"I have no clue." Then, louder, "Daddy, who is she? How's she going to help with fusion?"

Placing a hand on the girl's - Aki - head, Daddy said, "She's your cousin, Aki. And she's who you're going to be fusing with, Mooney."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 456 25
A typical time-travel story- or is it? One of Bulma's wacky inventions sends a bickering Trunks and Pan through time and space. The two Saiyans are s...
22.6K 446 20
A Dragon Ball Z fanfiction. When Goku left for a second time, he left Gohan behind once again, without sorting out their problems. What happens when...
380 0 12
In this story read about the powerful warrior Xion. A Saiyan unlike any other in the cosmos, that is a Hybrid of a Kaioshin and a Saiyan. learn just...
3.7K 159 11
Y'know life sucks when right before your holiday break from work, you get hit by a truck. That's rough, buddy, but not as rough as being reborn as so...