Fallin' All In You; Shawn Men...

By ILLUMlNATE

"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ... More

Visuals
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Thirty-Eight

4.9K 218 77
By ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 38

Home

"My beautiful little melody."

•••

Peyton

Having a kid is nice, until you lose sleep. But when you have people that love you, they tend to help you out. You also have people who you can't live without.

•••

We spent two days in the hospital, they wanted to just make sure that absolutely nothing was wrong with her. Which was totally okay with me, the last thing I wanted was to take her home and know something was wrong. So we got home yesterday, and the ride home was so funny. I'm sure the speed limit was 50 mph and Shawn was going 20 mph.

After an hour of a drive we had finally got back home. I didn't hold Melody a lot when we got back. I was tired, and my sister and father were hogging her. I only held her when she needed to eat, other than that I slept the whole time.

I woke up to the smell of breakfast, my stomach growled. I don't remember the last time I ate. My boobs also hurt from not nursing for a couple hours. I rolled over and seen it was nine in the morning, the baby monitor was also off. I got off the bed and went to use the bathroom before taking a quick shower.

Once I was dressed and refreshened I walked out of my room. I walked across the loft and was about to walk downstairs before I heard soft talking. I stopped and turned around and walked to the nursery. The door was opened and all I seen was his back. He was by the changing table, I leaned against the door frame and just watched and listened.

"Mommy should be getting up in a little," Shawn said softly and I could hear her start to get fussy, "I know, I know, you're hungry." He cooed.

A smile grew on my face, I was really falling in love with him. I thought it wouldn't be possible but here I was. Melody's crying got a little bit louder, one thing we learned since she was born was she wasn't much of a crier. She's very quiet. So when she cried that means she wanted something.

I seen him pick her up and he slowly started rocking her, "Shhh, she will be up. Come on let her sleep my little melody." It was like he was trying to reason with her. As if she'd listen.

He slowly turned around while still rocking her. Her cries had softened but she was still fussy. Shawn looked up and seen me standing there, his lips forming a bigger smile.

"See I told you to be patient." Shawn told Melody.

I shook my head before walking towards them. I stood on my tippy toes to give Shawn a kiss. I then looked at my small baby in his arms. She wore this cute little pink onesie and had mittens on so she doesn't scratch her face. She also had this cute little pink bow on her head.

"How's my baby?" I asked in a gushing voice. One I didn't even think I'd ever make, guess motherhood brings out a different kind of you.

"She's good, I changed her diaper and clothes. She's only fussy cause she's hungry." Shawn told me as he carefully placed her in my arms.

I smiled, "Well you're just in luck missy." I told her as I walked over to the rocking chair.

Shawn leaned against the crib and crossed his arms. I lifted up my shirt and started to breast feed her. I started to rock back and forth on the chair as she ate. I looked down at her before looking back up at Shawn. He was looking at me with a small smile.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing just realizing things is all."

I laughed, "And what might these things be?" I asked curiously.

"Things like moving in." He said as if it was no big deal.

Like it wasn't a big step for us, I guess it wasn't. I mean he took no hesitation to form a relationship with me. He didn't hesitate to love and help care for my baby. He refers to her as his. So why does him moving in sound scary? He practically loves her anyways.

I smiled, "I think we'd like that." I tell him.

"That wasn't the only thing I was thinking about." Shawn told me.

I raised my eyebrow in curiosity, "Oh it's not?"

"No," he said before walking over till he was right beside me, "I was thinking about how much I love you. I love you Peyton, despite not having been together for a while. I love you both and I wanted to tell you before I moved in."

My heart was beating so loud and so fast. He literally just said he loved me for the first time. While I was breast feeding and couldn't hug him. I felt so happy it was like I got a head rush. I smiled and cupped his face feeling the stubble under my hands.

"I love you too, we both do." I told him before he leaned over and kissed me.

I pulled away from his mouth a little bit, "You didn't say that cause my breast is out right?" I asked jokingly.

"Definitely not but it is a plus." He joked back.

I shook my head, "God what am I going to do with you?" I asked.

"You've already done everything right. So you tell me." Shawn told me.

With that he stood back up and told me he had to take a shower. I continued to breastfeed till Melody stopped. I put a burping towel over my shoulder and burped her after fixing my shirt. Once she did burp and I was confident she wouldn't throw up I held her in my arms. Her little lips parted as she let out a tiny yawn.

"My beautiful little Melody." I whispered as I brushed her face lightly with my fingers.

I stood up with her and grabbed her pacifier before walking out of the nursery. When I walked out Shawn was walking out of our room. He smiled before running his hand through his messy, wet, brown hair. We then walked downstairs Shawn's arm around me carefully making sure I didn't fall.

***

"So we leave the day after tomorrow. I'm sad to go." Serenity told me as we cleaned up the kitchen.

We had finished up eating while Melody was on her swing asleep. I sighed when Serenity told me that. I knew I was going to miss her, these past two weeks have been a blessing.

"I wished you and Sam lived up here, even Dad. You guys would get to be apart of Melody's everyday life." I told her sadly.

She gave me a crazy look, "We still will be it's just we will be living six hours away. But if you think we won't be coming up almost every month or so then you're wrong."

"I know, I guess it's just cause I'm so far away from you guys." I tell her.

She smiled, "There's FaceTime and like I said we will be back so often it will be like we are living here. I promise, plus I can't get enough of my niece."

I finished cleaning the counter and looked over at her. She was soundly asleep on the swing. Well she was until Sam and my dad cheered for the baseball game they were watching. She woke up startled and made a little fussing noise. I was going to walk over but Shawn was already up.

I leaned against the counter and looked at him. He unbuckled her from the swing and carefully took her out. He then turned around and rocked her while making a shushing noise. Melody's crying stopped a few seconds after he picked her up, like I said a quiet baby.

"You think he'll let me steal her?" Serenity asked.

I looked over at her, "Nope."

"He's gotta put her down at some point." She joked.

We then walked over to the living room where they all were. I sat down next to Shawn and seen he had Melody on his lap. He had her sitting up right as his big hands supported her upper half. Her eyes were open and she was just looking at him, her big brown eyes. I silently prayed she didn't have her real fathers eyes, I guess fate wasn't out to get me like I thought.

Shawn leaned down to her and kissed her nose. He pulled away and looked at her, he then leaned again to kiss her cheek. Her mouth opened surely thinking it was either her pacifier or my boob. I smiled and took out my phone from my back pocket to record this moment.

He leaned backwards but she still had her mouth open. He then leaned forward and kissed her chin. That's when her mouth closed in on his nose. That made him start laughing because she sucked on it like it really was a pacifier. He leaned back and looked at her with the biggest smile I've ever seen on him.

He leaned in once again and he was going to place a kiss on her lips but once again Melody opened her mouth. He ended up doing a little kissing noise which made a little echo due to her mouth being open.

I was in love with these two. Shawn then laid her down on his lap and he took off her mittens. He held her tiny hands in his which was too cute. She then wrapped her tiny hands around his finger and was trying to pull it to her mouth.

That's when I started laughing, "Oh my goodness she just wants her pacifier huh?" I asked as I ended the video.

Shawn looked over at me and smiled, there was something about this smile I was so in love with. It wasn't one he did often, in fact I hadn't seen it till she was born. It wasn't a smile to show that he was happy. It wasn't a smile for everyone, it wasn't a smile for me. It was her smile, and only her smile.

And that's when I knew. I couldn't fall in love with him anymore. I was already in love with him. I hit the bottom, Ive fallen.

•••

I only have a few favorite memories. Ones I wish to remember forever. One being the birth of Melody, the other being the day I first met Shawn. When he hit me with a baseball, and this day. The day he told me he loved me, the day I knew he loved her. And the day I knew I was so madly, deeply, and truly in love with him.

Authors Note//
Let the baby fever chapters begin
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 267 43
❝I'm not tryna start a fire with this flame But I'm worried that your heart might feel the same And I have to be honest with you baby Tell me if I'm...
32.6K 599 31
After his lead guitarist has to leave a week before his Illuminate World Tour is set to start, Shawn and his team scramble to find a suitable replace...
2.6K 96 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
10.6K 188 35
AU where you see in black and white until you touch your soulmate. I gasped when his hand brushed over mine. I staggered back a little. My world bur...