Why Me? |EDDSWORLD X READER |...

By TomatoKlutz

« The Best Thing I ever did was that I met you. » « The Best Thing I never did was that I never left you and... More

[DISCLAIMER/CONTENT WARNINGS!]
[~Prologue~]
[~ Childhood Adventures |1| Puberty ~]
[~ Childhood Adventures |2| Introductions ~]
{~ Childhood Adventures |3| Grandma! ~}
{Chapter 1|Memory Lane}
{Chapter 2|Welcome Back!}
{Chapter 3|Small Talk}
{Chapter 4|Camping and Gifts!}
{Chapter 5|Planning Detectives}
{Chapter 6|Good Way To Start A Day}
{Chapter 7|Bunch of Meanies}
{Chapter 8|Them Dorks}
{Chapter 9|Cuts}
{Chapter 10|Another Two}
{Chapter 11|Le Manga Store}
{Chapter 12|Matt is High (kind of)}
{Chapter 13|Matt is still a baby}
{Chapter 14|Grandma's Call}
{Chapter 15| Magic Gummy Bears}
{Chapter 16|Literal Babies}
{Chapter 17|Mine!}
{Chapter 18|Teasing}
{Chapter 19|Sorry}
{Chapter 20|The day Tord finally made you say yes}
{Chapter 21|Movies Night}
{Chapter 16+|Not suitable for pure fans}
{Chapter 22|Yanny-Laurel}
{Chapter 23|Unknown}
{Chapter 24|Hospitals}
{Chapter 25|His Journal}
[~Birthday 8/15~]
{Chapter 26|Playful}
{Chapter 27|Text Messages}
{Chapter 28|Realization}
[~ Birthday 9/6 ~]
{Chapter 30|Orphanage PT. 1}
{Chapter 31|Thoughts}
{Chapter 32|The Orphanage PT.2}
{Chapter 33|Peck}
{Chapter 34|The Orphanage PT. 3}
[~ Birthday 10/28 ~]
{Chapter 35|a boy}
{Chapter 36|importance}
{Chapter 37|why}
{Chapter 38|dontgo}
{Chapter 39|firstthenafter}
{Chapter 40|HOSPITALS}
{Chapter 41|stupidity}
{Chapter 42|texts}
{Chapter 43|ding}
[~ happy ̶h̶o̶l̶i̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ~]
[~ The Other Half Of Me ~]
{Chapter 44|A Visit}
{Chapter 45|Aiden}
{Chapter 46|Edd Angers Mama Ringo}
{Chapter 47|Acceptance}
{Chapter 48|Comfort}
[~ Birthday 6/27 ~]
{Chapter 49|Shots}
{Chapter 50|Love-sick}
{Chapter 51|Cookies!}
{Chapter 52|allsoulsday}
{Chapter 53|vulnerable}
{Chapter 54|Parents}
[~Happy Holidays!~]
{Chapter 55|Eavesdrop}
{Chapter 56|Decisions}
{Chapter 57|Arguments}
{Chapter 58|Traits}
{Chapter 59|Questions}
{Chapter 60|Meet}
{Chapter 61|Confusion}
NOT A CHAPTER BUT I WANNA HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!!
{Chapter 62|Past}
{Chapter 63|Aimapoleia}

{Chapter 29|Last Place}

1.7K 64 87
By TomatoKlutz

Hi. Welcome to cringe-fest.
Spoiler: this is a very short chapter and the last part is cringe and it's been 10 days since I updated so RIP
=~~~=

"Thank God...I can finally get out..." Edd sighs, relieved.

He turns to Matt, happily sitting beside his bedside, scrolling through his phone.
"Hey Matt, why is Ell not here?" He asks.
Matt looks up from his phone, "Oh, Ell? She had some stuff to take care of...by that I mean she has hangout day with her girls."
Edd furrowed his eyebrows, "THAT'S more important than supporting (Y/N) with the orphanage?"
Matt shrugs in return.

"She's...been acting really weird lately." Matt says before returning to his phone.

"Ah...she acts like she's a grown adult." Edd says.

Matt gives Edd a confused look, "Isn't she a grown adult thou—"

"Shh, Matt."

The door abruptly swings open, revealing Tord and Tom.

"(Y/N) doesn't like your face." Was the first thing that Tord said. Tom elbowed him in the stomach.
"He means that (Y/N) wanted to spend time with Grandma."

"Oh...hey Tom. Hey Tord." Edd waves nonchalantly and smiles. "I was wondering where you guys were."

~

"Has...he been eating well lately? Before his epileptic episode I mean..." The doctor asked Grandmother Susan.
You didn't know what you were doing there to be honest.
You still needed time to calm down with all the business going on around you, so you decided to stick to Grandmother Susan rather than visiting Edd in his room, like the good best friend that you are.

"Yes...as far as I have been seeing him. He eats healthy if you take out the fizzed sugar he has been drinking." Grandmother Susan replies.

The doctor nods and writes on her pad.

"Please. Keep an eye on his eating schedule. It is important during his recovery as he would be taking a drug that would have some side effects, please give this to him and tell him to take at least one pill everyday."

She gives Grandmother Susan a bottle of the pills.

The doctor suddenly looks at you, "You, young lady, are you somewhat his significant other?"

You jump.

"Ah! Me? What—me? Who? N-no! I'm just a f-friend!"

You start fumbling over your own words, a bit surprised by the sudden question.

The doctor and Grandmother Susan giggle.

"Please keep an eye on him, then. I'll get going now." The doctor gives you a final smile before turning around and leaving.

Grandmother Susan turns to look at you, "By your panicked reaction, do you have any feelings for him, (Y/N)?"
"G-Grandma Susan!" You say as you grit your teeth.

"Now that I think about it, you'd look good with any of them to be honest. Hmm...who would be most fitting though..." She starts to think.
You sigh heavily, knowing that you're helpless against an old lady.

"Matt, probably?" She says.

"Eh?" Was your response.

"Both youngest, both pretty cute, both charming, both great personalities, in fact, your personalities really collide with each other...not to mention your chemistry..."

"A-ah, Grandma..." Your voice trails off. "H-he already has someone in mind. And that's not m—"

You didn't finish your sentence as you she puts her index finger on your lips.

"You can never be too sure, (Y/N)." She says.
She steps back a bit and you continue walking.

"Okay then, if Matt isn't the keyboard, who's most fitting then?" She asks.

"If Matt isn't the keyboard?" You repeat, a bit confused by her "metaphor".

"Oops! I meant if Matt isn't your type, then who?" She corrects herself.

"Me, myself, and I." You say bluntly.

"Haha! That's what Pauline told me everyday when she was just a child." Grandmother Susan laughs at your statement.

Pauline?
Oh yeah.
The gang's adoptive mother.
It's been so long since you've seen both of them.

The whole walk, Grandmother Susan tells you stories about Pauline before married and after married. You shared some laughter here and there.

...And you finally reach Edd's room.

Everyone's eyes turn to face you and Grandmother Susan, silence immediately fill the room.

Edd's face brightens up at the sight of you, making your face already have it's hourly dose of heat. "Hey (Y/N)!!"

Honestly, when have you cared about his lips—smile. When have you cared about his smile? It had always been there, but you're just now starting to pay more attention.

It's like that one phase every teenage girl goes through in the dramas you've watched.

That phase called, "When a guy friend suddenly start to look attractive."

"H-ha...Hey.." You gave him a small wave.

"Here, Eddie. The doctor told me that you have to take these pills at least once a day, and make sure to eat properly. Less on the cola, more on water, also I'll be keeping an eye on what you eat, how much and how less, so you better eat properly young man, 3 meals a day. 1 pill a day. Okay?" Grandmother Susan's voice was a lot louder compared to your "Hey".

"Ah. Okay, Grandma!" Edd says, happily.
He then turns to look at you.
"(Y/N)~~~! Hugs pleaaaseee~?" He asks cutely.

"S-sure..."

You walk towards his bed, his arms wide open to swallow you in.

You walk straight to his arms and holds your figure gently.
Your stomach is filled with butterflies now.
Has he ever held you like this?
Most of your hugs with each other are filled with care and mostly reassurance.
This hug feels a bit...intimate?
You feel like Edd's getting more and more touchy around you.

He used to be so distant and always respected your personal bubble.

...Wait...the others are watching.
They might get the wrong idea.
They might—
Is Edd purposely trying to...?
No...that can't be it.

"Ah. There's still a lot of time before Lauren's van arrives." Grandmother Susan says.
"Isn't it Laurel?" Matt corrects.
"Oh dearie me! I'm getting old." Grandmother Susan laughs. "We should probably go home now."

~

"Ah! It feels nice to finally be back." Edd inhales in the air and exhales it.
"I'll go cook our afternoon lunch. Mattie, you don't mind helping?" Grandmother Susan asks Matt and he agrees happily.

You were just about to head upstairs, but was abruptly stopped.

"(Y/N)! Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Two voices had synced up to one another. Almost in unison.
You turn around and see Edd and Tord, looking at each other weirdly.
You couldn't quite put a finger on it,
But you already knew the vibe was intimidating.

Did something happen between them or something?

Tord sighs heavily, being the first to take action and grabbing your hand, pulling you to his room.

"(Y/N), have you noticed something weird about him?" Tord went straight to the point.
"...Yeah. It's quite obvious. Although he had just gotten out of the hospital, he just became much more clingy. I...find it really out of character..." You state.

Tord nods in agreement.

"Earlier, down there. You two kinda had a tensed atmosphere. Is something wrong?" You ask.
Tord brushed it off, "It's nothing."

You raise your eyebrow, but decided it really was nothing important.

"(Y/N)—this might come out weird but..." Tord begins, "Uh...do you...um..."
He fumbles a bit, and you already get the hint on what he's trying to say.

You groan, "The answer is no, Tord! This thing has been popping up everywhere today! I only see all of you as friends, period! I don't have any feelings for any of you, not now and not later! I'd like it if things remained that way, okay?"

You snap, but had managed to still keep your cool.

For a moment, you thought you'd seen hurt in Tord's eyes for at least a second.

...There's no more denying it anymore. All your assumptions had just been proven by that look.

He likes you.

He inhales sharply.
"That kiss." He says. "That kiss I gave you. Did...did it not mean anything...?" His voice became low.

You stand there, not knowing what to say.

"Ah...that's right. Edd's the one that's been flooding your thoughts, not me."
Your heartbeat just gets more and more louder and quicker.
"(Y/N), tell me, who's the better kisser?"

Your eyes widen.

Is he really asking this question now?

"Wh-what?" You say to him.

"Did I fucking stutter?"

You have no control over is situation.
How could you possibly answer that?
Heck, how did he even know about Edd's kiss to you?
Why does this matter?

Before you know it, your back was now against the wall.
You're pinned.

How did you get yourself tangled in this mess?

"I...I can't answer that, Tord." You say, trying to have a firm grasp on your voice but instead letting out a shaky breath.

"I'll have to prove it again, then."

"What—HMPH!"

You try to struggle but nothing seemed to be affective. His grip on your wrists were tight.
Damn.
He's strong.

You try so hard to keep resisting the urge to melt in the feeling,
Of course, you fail.
There you go again.

He pulls away, giving you space to breath.
Your heart was beating rapidly at this point.
Your face was flushed.

You try to maintain your breathing patterns, but it seemed so hard now.

Tord pulls you into a hug, patting your back.
You hadn't noticed the hot tears coming down your face already.
"T-Tord...ah..." You let out a quick sigh.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). But you know well that I hate being last place." He says, rubbing your back for support.

"T-Tord—"

"...Yeah?"

"...Please don't play with my feelings like that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 5.9K 43
Its been a while since The End and Tord is extremely depressed. One fortunate day when he bumps into Tom changes everything. Eyes start changing colo...
33.4K 1.9K 30
Tord. A norwegian boy with an unusual life. He lives with his parents, Paul and Patryck. But other than that, he has nobody. No friends, no siblings...
3K 78 14
#1 tordtom dec. 15 2023 *just checked lol* #9 edd june 10 2024 Tord has a secret that he keeps to himself, away from everyone he knows..he's in love...
85.8K 2.8K 77
It's been over seven years after that incident with Tord. The gang has almost forgotten about him. ALMOST The world has changed a lot since the Red A...