Broken Pieces (Loki Laufeyso...

بواسطة Padfoot_76Backup

Cover by @thecatgurl (Y/n) pov~ Growing up in the palace was a blessing in many ways. Such as getting to... المزيد

Chapter One-
Chapter Three-
Chapter Four-
Chapter Five-
Chapter Six-
Hey Fam

Chapter Two-

640 20 2
بواسطة Padfoot_76Backup

     I stand there uncomfortably and annoyed as the seamstresses take their sweet time to size me and prepare my dress.  I assume they have nothing that's making them hurry. But that doesn't mean I don't.
    "Lady (y/n) hold still." One of them says while trying to stick a pin in the fabric.
     "Please remind me why it is I need a new dress for this. It's not like it's my coronation." I say, in an obviously annoyed tone.
     "Because everyone is receiving new clothes for this ceremony. And it was instructed that you should too."
      I roll my eyes and sigh deeply. This is not how I wanted to spend one of my own free days. I watch as the workers run around in formation like carpenter ants.
"Well can I at least take a break? I have been standing like this for a while. I am not a statute." I say probably more rude that I intended considering the looks they gave me in return.
Just then my bedroom door opens and in steps Loki. "May I have a word with Miss (y/n) please?" He asks. The maids nod and go back to their work.
He looks up at me and shakes his head playfully while rolling his eyes.
"Alone. May I have her, alone?" He interjects. They this time nod and all leave the room without any of them making actual eye contact.
Once they all leave I let out a small laugh. He just smirks in return.
"Oh goodness I thought they'd never leave!" I whine, "I always hate doing that."

"As do I."

"Anyways. What did you need to talk to me about?" I ask stepping down from my stool and sitting into my bed.
"Well actually I was hoping you'd come with me somewhere." He says.

"Go with you where? It's not like we haven't been everywhere."

"I do not care where. Is it so much for me to just request your presence?" He asks getting me to smile.
"Of course not. I was only just wondering." I say. He moves closer to me and crouches down so that he's just a couple centimeters apart.
"Well then you will probably want to put on more clothes. Considering you are only half dressed." He whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps.
My face reddens as I look down and remember that I in fact, am wearing only about half the acceptable amount of clothing.
"Oh my— Loki Leave!" I say as I stand up and push him out the door anxiously. He starts to laugh as I open up the door and shove him through it.
"Hey I never said I was bothered by it!" He says as I slam the door shut.
I run over to my dresser and pull out something else to put on. Anything is better than this stupid unfinished dress.

    As soon as I had put something else on I slipped out of my room, not expecting Loki to be on the other side of the door.
    "Well I see you've decided to change then." He said jokingly. I jump slightly, while I turn to face him.
     "How about you shut up." I shoot back. He just lets it pass as if I hadn't said anything at all.
     "Anyways, I've been thinking about what you said."

"Ohh Yes. That thing. Yes, very specific Loki." I say sarcastically. "Which thing?"

"When you said that you really only need one person. One person to realize your greatness. And one person to be there for you." He says.
I feel a small fluttering form in the bottom of my stomach as he says the last part.
"Really? What about it?" I ask.

"I realized what you were inferring when you said that."

"Uh— I wasn't inferring anything."

"(Y/n), what if you too were to become more recognized? What if both of us, together—" I cut him off by turning and putting my hand on his arm.
"What are you getting at?" I am a bit confused at where he was going with this. Yet, a bit intrigued.
"I am saying, what if you and I claimed more attention. Both of us. We deserve just as much praise as my brother, if not more—"

"Loki stop. That is not at all what I was getting at. I am fine how I am now. I was trying to tell you that you should be as well." I tell him, but trying not to upset him in the process.
"But I thought—"

"Loki, I am happy the way I am now. Sure sometimes things seem unfair, but I still have a good life as is."

"So you are saying you don't want more appreciation? More praise?"

"No."

"Oh alright then— Well then I suppose all is well then." His voice seemed a bit dark as he said the last part. Which scared me a little.
"But what was your idea anyways? How would you make us as loved as Thor anyways?" I ask.
His face softens to a more nervous look. "Oh, nothing really...it was nothing. Just a thought really."

"Uhm. Okay—" I say while studying his face to try and see what he was hiding. But for some reason if felt like he was blocking me out.
"So how does a walk through the gardens sound then?" He asks now back to his usual self. Well usual to me, he is always a bit more kind to me than other people.
"Oh that sounds lovely." I speak, smiling once more.

"Great! Shall we then?" He asks offering his arm for me to take. I take it willingly and allow him to lead me outside.

As we walk outside the warm air hits me like a like a brick wall. But in the good way. I felt it spread along the sparse amount of exposed skin, warming me head to toe.
"It's always so beautiful out here. I don't care what anyone else says." I say with my eyes closed, allowing myself to relax slightly.
"I agree entirely." I hear Loki say. I open my eyes to look at him when I catch him looking at me.
Immediately after he looks away and starts looking at the scenery around him.
I feel a heat rising in my cheeks, I raise my free hand and desperately try to cover it up.
"It always amazes me how beautiful nature can be, simply on its own." I say breaking the silence I had created.
He says nothing. He just nods silently, his mouth a straight line.
I look away from him and back towards the gardens. I see a tree on a hill. I nudge him and nod my head towards the tree.
    He understands my gesture and starts towards the tree as I had suggested.
     Once we reach it I lean up against the tree and allow myself to slide down it into the ground, propping myself up against it. Loki follows in a less childish way.
    I gaze out at the natural beauty around me, it always seems to beautiful to be real.
   "But how does one decide if something is too beautiful to be real?" Loki asks from beside me, making me jump slightly.
    "You know I hate it when you read my mind like that, I don't need you up there seeing all my secrets." I point at my head.
    "Sorry, you were just not saying anything."

    "You were the one not saying anything first!"  I throw back.

    "And now we are bickering like children." He starts to laugh. I stick out my bottom lip in a pouting expression.

"Kay well. Whatever."

   He looks back out at the greenery with an expression that I cannot quite read.
    "So uh, why exactly did you ask for my company today?"  I ask, hoping maybe this time he will actually talk to me.
    "Like I said, I just wanted you to be here with me." He states plainly.

    "I know that's not true, you haven't spent time with me just because you wanted to for years, there's always a reason." I tell him. He looks at his hands uncomfortably.
    I can see there's something bugging him but I can't seem to figure out what. If only I could get him to open up to me, which is something he's never been good at.
    "Loki, look at me." I place my hand on his cheek and adjust his face so that he can look me in the eyes. "You can talk to me. I am here for you, I always have been, and I always will be."
    He reaches up and takes mine in his own. Bringing it down so that he can hold it in both of his.
   "Like I said before, I am fine. I just missed— this—" He says gesturing between us.
    I so badly want to believe that nothing is wrong. But I see right through his act. Although I know there's really no way to get him to tell me.
   "Very well. But if you are wrong then I will make you regret ever lying to me!" I warn him.

    "I will take that with caution then." He says back.

    "Good. Because I don't think I could be mad at my best friend." I laugh, now in a better mood than I was a few seconds before. "That would be a very sad life."

   "Yes. Yes it would."

~

    "Thor don't you think maybe you should tone yourself down a bit? I think your head grew two sizes over night." I grumble, getting really annoyed with his 'I'm better than everyone' personality.
     "Perhaps your vision is going bad. I believe my head is the same size it has been." He says nonchalantly.
     "I don't think that's quite what she meant." Sif said while rubbing her temples as if she were trying to soothe a headache.
     It was close to the evening and Thor was doing his usual showing off before dinner time.
    "You know brother, it would be a lot more entertaining if you didn't put on the same spectacle for us every night." Loki says obviously letting Thor play on his nerves.
     Thor laughs while tossing mjolnir into the air only to catch it once more.  He did this repeatedly, occasionally throwing some sort of trick in there.
"You are only just jealous, Brother." Thor replies unfazed.

"Is Little Loki jealous he doesn't have a special weapon of his own?" Volstagg asks like he's looking for trouble.

     "Perhaps he is just jealous of Thor?" Hogun suggests.

     "Guys enough." I interject abruptly while stepping up, Loki placing a hand in front of me, holding me back.
     "(Y/n), I don't need you to protect me. I am quite fine." He says bitterly. I seal my lips tight as I step back against the wall.
      Loki stands diagonally away from me with a sour look on his face, arms folded against his chest.
"Perhaps we find something else to do? Maybe something a bit more productive?" Sif suggests raising an eyebrow towards me. Obviously trying to ease the tension.
"That would be wise." Fandral pipes in, finally stepping forward from his corner.
"Yes. Forgive me but I have more pressing matters. I will not be joining you." Loki says before heading towards the exit.
    "Brother do not leave us like this again. You need to learn to take a joke." Thor states.

    "I assure you, brother, it has nothing to do with that." Loki hissed. "Unlike you, I need to tend to my responsibilities."
    With that he was gone. Leaving all eyes to fall on me.
    "What? You expect me to go after him?" I inquired, pointing my thumb towards my chest.
    "Well you always do." Volstagg bellowed as if he was implying it was my place.

    "And that makes it my job?"

    "(Y/n), you know we don't mean that in any offense. You are just much closer to him than the rest of us." Thor confessed. He seemed a bit bothered by it.
"And he listens to you." Sif adds from behind him.

"So I am guessing you guys want me to go after him?" I ask.
The others turn towards awkward behavior saying things like,"oh well if you want to," or "well you said it not us!" I just roll my eyes and head towards the doorway out.
"Alright. But for the record, I'm going on my own account. Not because you said so." I say before slipping out.
"Oh yes of course!"

"If you say so!" They chorus as I withdrawal my presence from them.

I skip from room to room to where I think I will find Loki. But have yet to find him. I have checked his room, the gardens, the library, and all of those he had yet to be.
Tired of the wild goose hunt, I return to my room. Once outside the door I twist the doorknob and push the door open to see Loki sitting on my bed.
"Please forgive me if this is invading your privacy. I just needed to speak with you." He says standing up.
"No you're fine-- but do you have any idea how long I have been looking for you--" I stop when he sits back down on my bed and I see the pain glint in his eyes.
    "Loki are you alright..?" I ask as I walk over and sit down beside him. "It's not what they said back in there is it? You know they are just messing around--"

    "It's not them (y/n). I couldn't care less of what they say." He assured me as he placed a hand on mine.
     Hesitantly he let out a wavering breath, like he was scared to say whatever it was he was going to tell me.
    "(Y/n) tell me, what do you think will become of Thor's becoming of king?" He finally spits out, raising his head so that his eyes are able to gaze into mine.
    "Loki, is that what this is about? If so jealousy is not--"

    "It's not jealousy (y/n)! It's worry!" He stammers, removing his hand from mine. "Can't you imagine all the bad that can come from it? His arrogance and hot headedness will no doubt cause a problem sooner or later!"
    He stands and walks over to my balcony, opening the doors he stands outside, looking over everything.
    "Yes, but your father--" I allege.  He whips around quickly and stares me deeply in the face.
    "My father what?" He spits. Voice filled with mock interest,"My fathers judgement isn't much better than Thor's in my opinion. You know they both only care about themselves!"
I stand and allow myself to roam towards him. He takes a step back and faces the outside once again.
"Oh Loki you know that's not tru—" I say before he cuts me off abruptly.
"Don't 'Oh Loki," me. You know I am right! And you know that Thor isn't the rightful king! Not yet anyways!"
     I turn him around to face me, not knowing whether I should give him space or not. But I take the jump anyways.
    "Look at me." I reach up and cup his face with my hand, and using the other to hold his arm reassuringly. "Everything happens for a purpose. Even if we cannot see what that purpose is just yet." I state calmly.
    His eyes dart away from mine as I can tell he tries to swallow the guilt he kept in from the previous while.
    "What if Thor does something stupid—" He hailed.
    I place a finger over his lips before whispering in a soft whisper like tone.
   "Everything will be fine. Okay. Plus, you have me. And I will always be here for you. No matter what." I say removing my finger.
    "(Y/n), I--" he whispers quietly. I reach forward for his hand once again but only manage to let our fingertips brush before he pulls away suddenly.
"I have to go." Ha says as he retracts away from the balcony and towards the door, "I forgot I had something I had to do before tomorrow."
"Loki wait." I please as I go after him.

"It's late. You should probably get to bed now," he says turning around to face me as he opens the door behind him. "Goodnight, (y/n)."
    With that he slips out and shuts the door. I stand there and stare at the empty space in front of me.
    "What in Valhalla just happened?"

A/n: hey guys. Sorry this chapter took a bit. Id just like to say my updates may be kinda slow. Cause I am writing 9 stories. But I'll updates each of them as soon as I can.
I'll try to update this one at least once or twice a week. Anyways...byyyeeee💚💚

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

9.2K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
1.7K 77 21
[COMPLETED] You are the goddess of mischief, you have known Thor and Loki since you were born, you have an older brother called Arild he is the only...
21.1K 889 32
Your name is Nova Hemming and you've been a Stark Industries legal advisor since Tony Stark became Iron Man. You are in the heart of New York City w...
1.1K 75 15
Asgard, ruled by the Allfather Odin and Queen Frigga, their sons Thor and Loki sitting along beside them come across a lost girl that is clearly not...