Protecting One Direction

By ilovemusix

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! STARTING IS SLIGHTLY CARROTISH. And plus, I was 12 when I thought of this idea... so... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - 'Research'
Chapter 3 - The Meetup
Chapter 4 - Uncertainty
Chapter 5 - Building 'friendship'
Chapter 6 - Possible crush
Chapter 7 - Discovered talent
Chapter 8 - Time off
Chapter 9 - 21 Questions
Chapter 10 - Jealousy
Chapter 11 - Bipolar Behaviour
Chapter 12 - Liam's birthday
Chapter 13 - Red Rush
Chapter 14 - Secret basement
Chapter 15 - Flirting
Chapter 16 - Foooooood
Chapter 17 - Security doubled
Chapter 18 - The Chase
Chapter 19 - Drifting apart
Chapter 20 - Conflictions
Chapter 21 - Dreams
Chapter 22 - Contract
Chapter 23 - 'Pranks'
Chapter 24 - Fight
Chapter 25 - Book signing
Chapter 26 - Hysteria
Chapter 27 - Crazier
Chapter 28 - Signs
Chapter 29 - Digital penpal
Chapter 30 - Mall adventures
Chapter 31 - Awkward Visiting
Chapter 32 - Christmas eve
Chapter 33 - Party
Chapter 34 - Aftermath
Chapter 35 - Danger
Chapter 36 -The Reason
Chapter 37 - Plan B
Chapter 38 - Regret and Closure
Chapter 39 - Just In Time
Chapter 40 - Full Force
Chapter 41 - Tokyo Adventures (Part 1)
Chapter 41 - Tokyo Adventures (Part 2)
Chapter 42 - Love

Epilogue - 20 Years Later

1.5K 31 3
By ilovemusix

Holly was feeling lethargic. Like a dog panting after fetching for a ball or like an unhealthy person that ran a 4km marathon race. She was constantly practicing on her punching bag but was slowly hurting her knuckles until they bled.

However, her mother, Grace wasn't around to aid her injuries. Her mother had a meeting in the city, one that involved Holly at a later time. Holly knew whatever this meeting had installed for her, she had to be ready for it.

Ring. Ring. It was the home phone.

"Hi mum," Holly picked it up.

"Hello dearie, you're not out yet? You're supposed to meet me at the Supreme Building at 3:30pm." Grace's voice remained calm.

It was already 2:34pm and it took Holly 45 minutes to go to the city. This made her sigh, "I'll be out soon, mum. I need to clean up first."

"Have you been boxing? Oh, dearie. You're tiring yourself, stop your training session, okay?" Grace reassured her daughter, and she reluctantly agreed.

"I'll see you later, okay? Goodbye, love you," Holly hung up as soon as her mother did too.

Holly continue to wrap her knuckles with wire gauze and bandages to keep the blood from oozing out.

After that, she grabs a packet of gray like powder substance and begun to stir it with water. Even though the mixture was bland and bitter, it was the last thing Holly resorted to as it gave her a quick boost of energy.

Gulp by gulp, she walked towards her mother's room and noticed piles of CD covers on the floor. Curious, she placed down her mug and gathered the unknown plastic covers.

She remembered how her mother would always say back in her time, their music was the best.

She slotted on of them into Grace's old macbook (which Holly learnt from her mother) and music started playing through the laptop's speakers.

"Are you ready?" Holly got startled by the sudden music but definitely got the hang of the rhythm.

"It's time for me to take it
I'm the boss right now
Not gonna fake it
Not when you go down
'Cause this is my game
And you better come to play

I used to hold my freak back
Now I'm letting go
I make my own choice
Yeah I run this show
So leave the lights on
No, you can't make me behave

So you say I'm complicated
That I must be outta my mind
But you've had me underrated
Rated, rated, rated

What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?

It's time to get the chains out
Is your tongue tied up?
'Cause this is my ground
And I'm dangerous
And you can get off
But it's all about me tonight

So you say I'm complicated
That I must be outta my mind
But you've had me underrated
Rated, rated, rated

What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?

So you say I'm complicated
But you've had me underrated

What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being
What's wrong with being confident?"

While the song was playing, Holly was bopping around, dancing crazily like Grace when she was her age. Exactly how the saying goes, like mother like daughter.

Ding Dong. The doorbell had rung.

After she put back the CDs in their original position, she finally answers the door. A pair of olive green eyes stare down at Holly. As she took school online, she had never seen a ginger so dashing before. The freckled stranger was holding a box, with a bow on it and all.

"Um.. My mom wanted you to have this, it's a welcome gift. You just moved in so.. yeah." Although the boy did not show signs of nervousness, he was mentally breaking down.

"Thank you." Holly smiled, she had finally got to know someone, instead of all her online friends.

"What's your name?" The boy asked.

"Holly. And your's?"

"Johnny. But you can call me John. I don't exactly like my name." Holly giggled.

"May I ask you something?" She questioned.

"Yeah sure."

"You could've just sent the gift through The Express.. You didn't have to personally give it to me. Why did you come?"

"I.. Honestly.. I saw your profile picture and thought you were cute,"Johnny admitted, with blushing pink cheeks.

"Well, I think you're cute too!" Holly grinned, sending butterflies to John's stomach.

"Thank you once again.. For this present, I think I'll love it," she broke the silence around them. When John passed the wrapped up box, he noticed her bandaged hands.

"Wh- What's wrong? Why are you hands all covered up in gauze?" He genuinely was concerned.

"Ah.. It's nothing. I practice too much," she mumbled, realising what she just said. "What did I say? I mean, um.. I just grazed my hands.."

"Holly, everyone knows your mum. Everyone knows you train hard, at least that's what my dad says," he tells her, shrugging.

"Yeah, it's sort of 'My Passion'."

At this moment, John's phone buzzed. On the screen it had a text message from his mum. He panicked, knowing he had already spend too much time at Holly's.

"I've gotta go, I really need to go. I'll catch up with you soon!"

"Wait! What's your screen name on Nozzlr?" She asked for his social media account.

"It's uh, JohnnyPayne01!" And just like that he ran off. This left Holly disappointed, she wanted to tell him her screen name. If only if time stood still.

She slowly closed the door behind her, and looked forward to something more positive, the present John gave her. Delicately peeling the gift wrap off, she discovered a box that had to be opened.

So, she unraveled the mystery and to her surprise, it was a vintage musical box! She squeaked with excitement, noticing there was something for her twist.

Crank, crank. The box opened and a beautiful ballerina spins in the middle, capturing Holly's heart.

Ding dong. She couldn't have been happier,  it might be John offering to hang out! She fiddled with the doorknob and a different guy appeared.

This time, the dude had long curly locks just sweeping at his shoulders, a hard to miss pair of emerald eyes and beard shorter than his chin.

"Who are you?" Holly was clearly irritated by his loud and opened buttoned up shirt.

"I'm Harry, is your mum home?" He immediately answered.

"No, but I'm meeting her. Would you please leave? I don't like talking to strangers," she shot at him. This wasn't the case with Johnny.

"Oh great! She's already there! I'm her friend, would you mind if I join you?" Harry
gave his prized dimpled smirk.

"No, goodbye." Before Holly could close the door, Harry stops it. "How about you ride my car? It's way better than your motorcycle there."

She rolled her eyes at him but she obviously wanted to try the latest car, the Prime 600. Her motorcycle was only second hand.

"On one condition, stranger. I-"

"My name's Harry. And yes, what is the-"

"I get food. I'm starving."

~

"So you haven't actually went to Mcdonald's? How strict is your mum?" Harry asked the petite teenager after she admitted to not eating fast food.

"It's not my mum, it's me. I choose to do so, because I've seen what it does to people," Holly explained.

"Well, I don't care what your belief is, I'm getting you a burger." He went on to drive into the Mcdonald's drive thru.

"So whaddya want, buddy?" Harry asked.

"First of all, I have a name, it's Holly. Second of all, I didn't agree to this," she snapped back.

"Well then." He starts driving after the car in front them had ordered.

"Welcome to Mcdonalds! What would like to order today?" The lady cheerily questioned.

"One angsty Mcdouble meal for the feisty  girl here and I would like-"

"A salad meal, thank you."

Harry glanced at Holly after she had order for him. "Well if you're letting me eat the burger, you will eat the salad."

"This isn't fair." He started crossing his arms went he reached the drive thru window. "I want the fries."

"Maybe I'll give you that." Holly started to think about the unhealthy food she had to eat.

"So here's your meal, any sauce to go with that?" The lady told them.

"Chilli sauce," Holly answered.

"Ketchup," Harry also replied the same time as Holly.

They glared at each other as they had not agree on the same thing.

"I'll just give you both." The lady handed them the packets of condiments, hoping they wouldn't squabble over a little thing.

Holly sighed as Harry thanked the lady.

"I have no idea how my mum could even stand a man child like you," she muttered under her breathe, thinking he wouldn't hear her.

"Well, everyone has their preferences, don't they? Now eat up, we have twenty-five minutes left." Harry swiveled the steering wheel, turning towards the city.

For the past 10 minutes of the ride, Harry was happily asking about Holly's life. Not only did she think he was annoying she was also pissed off by the fact that he wanted to pry into her personal life.

Now I'd rather finish this burger alone than listen to this Harry guy chatting away, Holly thought. She munched on the burger for the first time, and she fell in love.

"So yeah, that's why I should never assume that wasabi is guacamole. How's your-" Harry was cut by Holly's predicament.

"WHAT IS THIS GORGEOUS TASTE? WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED THIS?" She exclaimed with pure joy.

He sat there astounded by her reaction. Only the honk behind his car woke him up to start driving at the green light.

"Tastiest thing you've ever had, isn't it? See you love it!" Harry chuckled at how she was gobbling the burger up.

Holly rolled her eyes at him, she knew he was right all along. "Your mum loves food, I'm not even the slightest surprised you love it," he rambled like a proud father figure.

"How did you know my mum?" She suddenly pondered at the thought of it.

"Well, she protected my bandmates and I, and to think of it, your dad too." He giggled.

"My dad too?!" Holly immediately shot up at the word. "You mean the whole 15 years I've lived, my parents haven't even told me my dad was in a band?"

"I didn't exactly expected that answer." Harry gawked at her. He shook it off and continued driving, this was one heck of an enlightenment.

~

Everyone walked in a fast pace manner as Holly tries to squeeze her way through the crowd.

Harry, on the other hand, was had a tall built thus he had less difficulty to swim across the sea of city-goers.

5 minutes later, they finally reach the Supreme Building. Holly glanced at her watch, noticing how late she was, 3:45pm. She sighed, carrying on to head to the top level.

Harry and Holly were invited by blast of air-conditioner after going through a automatic glass door. Things did not change as much as compared to the past, but the building sure was improved.

There were many fierce looking uniformed guards standing around and that made Holly petrified. Her eyes scanned through the first floor. Before she knew it, she found the entrance door.

As they walk towards the door, she saw a familiar face. It was Grace's best friend, Harmony Tomlinson. Yes, indeed, they were married 2 years before Holly came to this world.

"Hello Holly! And wow, Harry? Why are you here?" Harmony delightedly greeted. Right there stood the three 'H's.

"I'm here accompanying Holly. How's Lou?" Harry asked the mother of four children.

"He's a home dad! It's so weird, right? And I'm here guarding this gate.." Harmony giggled away. "Anyway, I think you, Holly, are very late. You don't want to piss off who's waiting!"

"Oh yes! I almost forgot!" Holly was too immersed in the two old friends rekindling. "Which floor?"

Harmony hovered the card on the sensor and replied, "Twenty fifth floor, just turn right and knock on the door! I wish you the best!"

"Thank you!" Harry answered instead of Holly.

"It's for Holly!" Harmony groaned." You haven't changed a bit!" She hook her head in amusement and annoyance.

Holly thanked Harmony, proceeding to the lift directly in front of her.

This is it. I'm so nervous, I wonder what's installed for me? Holly anxiously bite away at her thoughts, in the fast paced tube.

"We're here!" Harry announced as they were welcomed by the lavender aroma surrounding the room. They make a right, with Holly knocking on the glass door.

As it was translucent, they could only see a black figure opening the door. Harry could not be happier, it was his long time pal, Zayn Malik! (even though he actually left the band, but let's put that away).

After Grace left for her training at Tokyo, Zayn felt unprotected, he felt weak and wanted to know how to fight, even though Dakota was caught.

One day, he decided to approach the one and only Simon Cowell to advise him on what to do.

"Hey um, I was wondering, could I.. join your agency thing?" Zayn gulped at the fact that he was literally asking for a one way ticket to Embarrassment Land.

"What?" Simon chuckled. "You, Zayn Malik, want to ditch your multi-million job to work as a trainee, under me? Is it April Fools already? I must be getting old!"

"I'm serious," Zayn felt so terrified, but he knew he wanted to be like Grace. "I want to-"

"Forget it, Zayn. You can't, you have a contract! You can't just leave! Besides, what are the boys going to think if you quit just because of your sudden passion for fighting?"

Zayn thought for awhile. Surely he couldn't just drop everything and leave the band. But security came first in his mind, not fame or fortune but only the fact that he was safe.

"Simon, I want to write off the contract..."

"Zayn, my man! Great to see you.. After you left.." Harry mumbled to himself.

Holly wasn't paying attention to the mini reunion, instead, she was looking at the view from the twenty-fifty storey.

"Hey Harry! I've been working here since, you know, I left the.. the thing," Zayn nervously chuckled, bringing an awkward silence between them. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, I'm following Holly, Niall and Grace's daughter!" Harry cheerily said and just like fate, the couple arrived from the room next door.

"Holly Elle Horan! Why are you late?" Grace's voice filled the room. "You know how worried we were? You forgot your phone, what if-"

"It's my fault, I brought her here," Harry spoke up, catching Grace's attention to him.

"Harry?" Grace and Niall said in unison.

"I.. You're here," was all Grace could spit out. She shook the surprise off her face, her daughter was late for goodness sake! How could she-

"Don't get angry, we know who's birthday is it, now we?" Niall whispered behind her ear, just noticing his wife's furious state turn into a remorseful one.

It was Preston's 15th death anniversary, unfortunately. Quite coincidentally, he was the one who saved Holly and Grace from a gun shot fired by the fucked-up ex, Danny.

"I'm sorry," Niall cooed, seeing that Grace was tearing up. "Oh no, shit! Sorry Grace, I'm such an idiot bringing it up!"

"It's okay," Grace swallowed, trying to soothe her tight throat. "Holly, let's go. Someone's waiting for you in the other room."

The brunette followed her mother to the other room, with a pang of sadness and fear. Grace instructs Holly to sit on the black leather chair.

Simon sits just adjacent to her and slips a piece of paper towards Holly.

"Holly, I want you to protect..."

_________________________________

EEEEEKKKK THAT'S THE END.

CRAP ITS SUCH A SUCKISH CHAPTER, BUT I'M GLAD AFTER 739291 YEARS, I'M DONE WITH THIS BOOK :)

Thank you to all people who read, vote and comment! It really motivates me as a writer to write stuff ;)

I know myself even though I don't have avid (active) readers, I have some fellow ones that I really appreciate!!

I'm definitely not doing any books following to this POD book! And no short imagines unfortunately!

Once again, I thank you, and for the last time in this book, goodbye my fellow awesome people :D

-Hannah ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 5
"If I die, tell her I loved her." ------ To El: "When we first met, I had no idea that you'd become this important to me, and I don't care how compli...
19.8K 422 54
(One Direction Au) Lex was just an ordinary girl from California living in London and going to college. Never in her wildest dreams would she think o...
5.2K 116 43
-*W A R N I N G *- : Sorry beforehand if this story is cliche and doesn't make since I wrote this when I was a mere teen, it was my very first story...
978 52 42
Disclaimer: This story does contain Self harm and negative thoughts, as well as some vulgar language, if these topics offend you, there's the door. ...