NANA

By unJINtelligent

Tired of scrolling through the endless #KPOP tag and #BTS tag and only finding incomplete AU's, bad grammar... More

introduction
*accepted*
surprise?
skinship is hard
nickname series: hyung line
nickname series: maknae line
~fun in the sun~
gashina
backstage
전정국 | scars
김남준 | dimples
박지민 | mochi
사생팬 (1)
사생팬 (2)
exposed
earring
moon lovers
<scarlet heart>
nana's mv
nightmares
plan (1)
execution (2)
<police station>
fanfiction
dye
<coffee>
infected
hwarang
blanket
yeontan
older
travel
to-do lists
serendipity
family
laughter
김태형 | sock monkey
<˚badminton˚>
박지민| daredevil
fluff
<witch>
king taehyung
modern times
ice skating
[Announcement]

comfort

2.3K 54 12
By unJINtelligent

~In which Nana returns~

It had been a solid month since that last episode of Nana's extreme bout of numbness. Most of the members didn't like to think about it that much, but Namjoon and Yoongi were instrumental in nursing her mental state back to health. The others, though they couldn't be therapists like the two rappers, made sure to show their love in ways they knew best.

Jin, bless his heart, had always tended to shoulder a lot of burden on himself as the oldest, even if the members never blamed him. He took his responsibility seriously, despite his dramatic silliness, so he found himself constantly sending the group chat funny and loving messages throughout the day. As main chef, he also made sure to whip up delicious things that he knew his younger enjoyed (and if he tended to make dishes Nana loved, no one mentioned it).

Hoseok became even more observant and noted everything that changed in his family. Whether it was the darkening eye bags on Yoongi, or the way a previously tight shirt hung a little too loosely on Namjoon, or the way Jungkook seemed to sigh more often than before. Then, he helped solve their problems: he convinced Yoongi to sleep earlier, even if it meant he had to physically drag him away from the studio and tuck him in. He tried to cook more meals (and when that failed, he asked Jin) and fed Joon, as well as talking him into going to the gym to bulk up a little. As for Kook, he offered a shoulder to lean on and encouraged him to let out his worries, not keep them bottled up inside. 

Jimin upped his cuteness, in hopes that the members would keep their minds off of worries. And if he sort of enjoyed the attention, that wasn't the point. He especially focused on his hyungs, and gave them daily hugs. He knew their stress well, and wanted to tell them to take care of themselves, not just wear themselves out helping others. Although, he understood how that felt too. He set out little things to do, like crafts and small tasks, so that the members could relax and feel the satisfaction of accomplishing something (it worked with Namjoon, right?)

Taehyung just kept up his positivity, taking the recent negative air and manipulating it into motivation for himself. His brightness helped the others get their spirits up, and they appreciated his presence. He hung around Jimin a lot, and they unloaded their thoughts on each other. It was as if they knew what the other was feeling, and how to help, so it was natural for them to drift towards each other. 

Jungkook, naturally introverted and a bit reclusive, stayed with Yoongi. He became a constant fixture in the studio–just silently listening to his hyung work. When Yoongi got too frustrated or stuck, he would offer his thoughts and they would think for a while. He made sure he was fed and well-rested, with the help of Hobi. Kook also wandered around to Joon's studio to check on him. He knew how absorbed the two producers could get, sometimes unhealthily. When he wasn't with them, he was messing around with Jin, or playing with Jimin and Tae. 

All of these efforts by each other for each other reminded them that they could get through anything as long as they were together. However, there was a hole where Nana used to be. Although they were comforted by the knowledge that she was getting better, they couldn't help but miss her presence, which had been so strong before the incident.

It wasn't as if she had suddenly disappeared, though, and she could still be seen around the dorm and BigHit building–but it was different. And they all knew it.

~

It was time for a family meeting. Namjoon, being the wise and all-knowing leader he was, had established the concept of group meetings long before they had even debuted. It was a safe space for grievances to be aired, feelings to be shared, and questions answered without judgment. And, well, if two did end up fighting, then they were forced to make up by the other members (who iced them out until it was over).

The last two to join were, predictably, Jimin and Nana. With the group complete, Joon signaled the beginning of the meeting.

"Alright, anyone want to go first?" Joon started.

 "Me! Me!" Taehyung raised his hand like a giddy schoolkid. 

"Go ahead, Taehyung-ah."

"Ok, so I've been talking with my Hwarang-hyungs–don't look at me like that Jimin–and they were like 'it's been a while, let's hang out' so I was like 'yes!!!' but then I was thinking about you guys, so I said 'hey, what if we ALL hang out?' and they said 'sounds like fun!', so long-story-short, I basically arranged a whole party for us!"

The others, a little shocked but largely unfazed by the impulsive nature of their Taehyung, simply stared. 

Jimin spoke up, "just go play with them if you want, why'd you involve us?" He couldn't quite keep away the pout forming on his face.

Taehyung cozied up to the unhappy member, coaxing, "because~ you're my family and they're my friends, and I want you guys to know each other, too. It's not fair to keep everyone to myself, Jiminie."

Jimin huffed, but everyone knew he'd be the first to show up (metaphorically, since he was usually last to arrive), if only to back-up his soulmate status in everyone's eyes. The others watched their display fondly. 

"Ok, thanks for sharing Taehyung-ah," Namjoon acknowledged. "We will be sure to check our schedules and try to meet up. Anyone else have anything to say?"

They all looked around at each other until Nana took a deep breath and began speaking, "uh, I just want to say thank you guys." She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, not looking up. "I know it's been hard on everyone–having to deal with me and my issues–but your support is the reason I'm still around, honestly."

The boys each began to open their mouths, in what was presumably some sort of protest, but she held up her hand. 

"I know what you're about to say, and while I appreciate the thought, I know what problems I pose to you. I think it would be ignorant to say that I'm not a burden, even if you feel like I'm not. I've seen the exhaustion and bags under your eyes and the unhealthy weight loss, and while I may not be the only cause, I'm certainly not helping."

Once again, Yoongi tried to talk but was stopped by a look from her. 

"But, I want you to know that I'm done wallowing. I think it's time for me–for us–to move on and try to get back to where we were. I'm sure it's as tiring to constantly reassure me as it is to have to be constantly reassured. I've been stuck moping and thinking about the past," she swallowed thickly, "but it's all useless now. All I can hope to change is the future."

Though they usually saved this for the end (and the meeting was far from over–after all, Jungkook still needed to confront Jin about refusing to cook his favorite food), Jimin and Hobi tackled her from her spot on the couch in a tight hug. The others joined rowdily, laughing as they jumped in. Nana was healing, and that meant they were too.

All she felt was the warmth of their love and also like she was running out of air. But that was a problem for future her; right now, there was simply an unending comfort in the arms of her family. 

~~~

y'all it's been a time, let me tell you that. been super busy with college stuff (why didn't anyone tell me i had to do a shit ton of stuff–i thought i could just enroll and that was it). anyway, class of 2020 is both losing and winning at the same time. on one hand, we can't graduate like regular people, but on the other hand, a ton of people and businesses feel bad for us so they give us free food. and don't forget, bts is gonna be at the youtube 2020 grad party, so technically, I'm celebrating with bts ;P

anyway, it's been a hot minute guys, so i want to check in with you all. 

1. how are you guys holding up during corona? I've been lucky enough to largely be unaffected, but i know it's hitting some people a lot worse than others.

2. what was your favorite track on MOTS 7? anyone miss their concert? (this was going to be my first, but of course, a pandemic would come)

3. does everyone agree that eight by IU &  suga was showstopping, incredible, never been done before–

4. anyone else play superstar bts?? i'm literally going through the five stages of grief now that it's shutting down: all my prism R cards and three star songs and limited edition stuff just down the drain lmao im crying

also, just letting you know that i'm mostly done with the sad shit now. i'm sure you're tired and i know i'm tired, so im going to comfort myself by writing fluff and happy things now :))))))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 112 54
"aigoo guys, you can't make me repeatedly say Morning, why can't you all just wake up at the same time like civilized people" It's time to know What...
744K 12.6K 100
《 ᴄ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ 》 ⇒ You are Y/n. Y/n is the eighth member of BTS. ⇒ In this story, know the challenges, consequences, advantages, and what the result...
1.4K 92 21
[C O M P L E T E D] A girl with a secret. Goes to school. One by one. She makes new friends. Jin. Namjoon. Yoongi. Hoseok. Jungkook. Jimin. Taehyung...
346 19 10
[Requests: Closed] Just a book filled of BTS oneshots. BTS x F.Reader ONLY! +18 (eventually) Warning: This book contain sensitive content such as l...