RWBY: Pale Heart

由 LVonarch

(F/N) Light was by all accounts a smart kid, he was good at understanding how things worked but when it came... 更多

Chapter 1: Peers
Chapter 2: First Day Blues
Chapter 3: Short Stay
Chapter 4: My Haven
Chapter 5: Jaded
Chapter 6: Going Downhill
Chapter 7: Et Moriar
Chapter 8: With Friends Like These
Chapter 9: To Set The Stone
Chapter 10: Close Calls
Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder
Chapter 12: Fail, Fall, And Fate
Chapter 13: Plucking Feathers
Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die
Chapter 16: In The Beginning
Chapter 17: Passengers
Chapter 18: Grimm On A Train
Chapter 19: Cold Welcome
Chapter 20: Bergwerk
Chapter 21: Actions Speak
Chapter 22: Snow And Sand
Chapter 23: Hello Red
Chapter 24: The Darkness Inside

Chapter 14: All Things Must Die

5.1K 145 129
由 LVonarch

(F/N) POV

(F/N): "You're sure?"

Watts: "Yes, considering how easy it was to find and open the Spring vault I found it interesting that the Fall one was hidden so I looked into it." He slides his scroll across to me. "The picture doesn't lie." It appears to be of the center of the basement, a type of keyhole. "It only took my machines a few minutes to find that, on top of that I found her story about being poisoned suspicious."

(F/N): "It was suspicious because?"

Watts: "Neither Qrow nor Ironwood have a history of using poison, none of our known enemies do. So either one of them is becoming an assassin or she wasn't poisoned."

(F/N): "Okay, let's say she went to the basement but didn't plan on actually looking for the vault, and that she was lying about being poisoned. Why would she pretend to be a hostage? She sent me after Ozpin, there's no way she would know I'd end up fighting Ruby."

Watts: "I believe that wasn't their plan. You see Iris knows the location of this place, she knows our allies like Lionheart, and she knows where Salem is looking for the last two Maidens. If she faked her death at Beacon she could easily switch sides and help them search for the Maidens, once done they could plan an assault of this place."

(F/N): "But that leaves two questions, how would she fake her death, and what proof do you have? I doubt Salem will act based off your words alone."

Watts: "You would be correct, and I have the answer to both, you see I study many fields, look into different secret projects and found one that was most interesting, cloning. Though Atlas has only managed to make copies of a persons body, they have yet to produce a living clone. As for the proof, if you would return my scroll." I slide it back to him. "Some time after you planted the virus I caught this in Ozpin's voicemail."

Iris: "Emerald and Mercury don't know what he's doing, they won't be there to help him once you take the Cell."

Watts: "How is that for proof?"

(F/N): "But that doesn't make sense, why risk exposing yourself just to tell him that?"

Salem: "She does as she's told, even if it means exposing her allegiances." Both of us stand and look at the doors.

Watts: "Ma'am."

(F/N): "Salem."

Salem: "You both may sit, the others won't be joining us."

(F/N): "Weren't we all gathering?" I asked as I sit back down.

Salem: "I believe it is in our best interest to keep this quiet." She said as she walked to her seat. "She is still the Fall Maiden, and for now is still working on our side."

(F/N): "Okay, so what now?"

Salem: "Watts, you will leave and assist Hazel with the recruitment of the White Fang. I believe your knowledge of weapons will peak their interest."

Watts: "Understood."

Salem: "You may go, as for you (F/N), a moment." A few minutes after Watts left Salem became more relaxed. "So... Raven, I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't kill her."

(F/N): "And why's that?"

Salem: "Because you'll still be thinking about her instead of me."

(F/N): "Did... you just attempt to flirt?"

Salem: "Too creepy?"

(F/N): "No, just not that good."

Salem: "If you were any other guy I might have killed you for not accepting my advances."

(F/N): "It's saying stuff like that which leaves you single."

Salem: "Oh? Well I guess you would know a lot about being single, wouldn't you?"

(F/N): "I'll just take that, so what do you have planned for me?"

Salem: "You will go to Haven Academy, stay there and when the White Fang arrive keep them safe until their job is finished."

(F/N): "Understood." I get up to leave but stop as I see her staring at me. "Yes?"

Salem: "You don't feel better, do you? I'm of course referring to Raven, I caught a glimpse of what you did through the Seer, her right arm was completely gone."

(F/N): "She had it coming."

Salem: "It's not about what she had coming, I can still feel the anger in you, I only wish to know where that anger is pointed."

(F/N): "Do you think I hold anger towards you?"

Salem: "I doubt you would, I have not wronged you in anyway have I? Even after you attempted to strike me I did not punish you and in fact gave you the location of Raven and her tribe. Regardless of even that, if you were to betray me you'd be foolish to display your anger, you should be smart enough to hide it than let it out and have it directed at me."

(F/N): "What if it's a bluff? That I want you to think that."

Salem: "Then you would be foolish in a clever way I guess, but by simply suggesting it possibly is a bluff you have lost all advantages."

(F/N): "I'm not sure about that."

Salem: "Oh?"

(F/N): "Because if you are lonely, if you're looking for... love with me. Then you will do the stupidest of things, and that is my advantage. You want me, so you'll do what it takes to get me."

Salem: "And what stops me from approaching the others?"

(F/N): "You could, but at the same moment you gain something, you will lose something else."

Salem: "Your allegiance."

(F/N): "No, my respect. The first time we spoke, just the two of us, you sounded wise, like you knew the answers to the questions I had, that you knew what the right thing to do was, I wanted to follow that. But if you are nothing more than another Weiss that plans to use and take from me, a Ruby that pities me, I will not sit by, I will have your head on a pike." With those last words I left the castle, the moment I stepped outside I gripped my chest and relaxed. "I just threatened Salem... I'm a dead man."

(Time Skip as (F/N) writes the thousand page Grimm Manifesto as the simpletons of Remnant fail to understand his vision, just as they fail to understand born to rule)

Drag brought me most of the way to the city of Haven, once I had walked the rest of the way I bought a hooded cloak to hide my face from any familiar people. Making my way to the academy, following the memory of Auburn as she showed us the way, I reached the entrance. As I made my way through the campus I noticed the lack of people, that nobody appeared to be around, I went to Lionheart's office. I opened the door without warning and found him asleep at his desk, I took one of the tea cups on his desk and threw it on the floor, he woke up in a fright.

Lionheart: "Wh-what was that?! Oh, it's you."

(F/N): "Where is everyone?"

Lionheart: "I'm good, thanks for asking. Anyway, after what happened to Vale, I proposed to the Mistral Council that we have the students receive experience fighting Grimm with the supervision of teachers."

(F/N): "That doesn't tell me why everyone is gone."

Lionheart: "It is the weekend... people have families they want to visit, places they want to be other than at school."

(F/N): "That makes more sense. I take it you've been informed about what will happen next?"

Lionheart: "Yes, that is why I proposed the idea to the council, I wish for as many people to be away from Haven as possible."

(F/N): "It won't make up for it." I make my way to the door. "I'll be staying at one of the inns in the city, if something happens message me."

As I left and went through the city, I stopped at one of the look out points where you can view the mountains and city. While gazing out into the distance I felt someone tap my shoulder, she was a cloaked figure, her hood hid her face, she said nothing and just handed me a small wooden box before leaving. I was confused, the box was light, opening it revealed why, there was nothing in it, so I did the most reasonable thing to do and threw it at her. She instantly collapsed to the ground, she held her head in pain like a child as I went up to her.

(F/N): "I don't know what your game is, but I don't feel like playing it." I picked her up by her hood, revealing her silver eyes. "Ruby?"

Woman: "Y-you know my daughter?" Oh fate has smiled upon me, the things I could do to her to get to Ruby and the others.

(F/N): "Yes, yes I do." I activate the Cell, the nanobots go under her clothes and wrap around her stomach. "Mind explaining the box?"

Woman: "I..." She looks away.

(F/N): "Try to run, the nanobots will crush you and your aura before you take a step."

Woman: "I-I'm not your enemy."

(F/N): "Oh? If you're not, then who are you?"

Summer: "I'm Summer Rose... I think the box can help Salem. I was going to see Lionheart when I saw you and heard your conversation."

(F/N): "And why are you helping Salem?"

Summer: "She... hasn't talked about me?"

(F/N): "This is the first I'm hearing about you."

Summer: "In that case I'll explain, years ago I worked for Ozpin, when I heard about Salem I was sure I knew what had to be done... but I met her... she... she isn't well. Those black veins, her skin, anyone who saw her would say she wasn't human, but than you talk with her behind closed doors-"

(F/N): "She seems like a different person, human."

Summer: "Exactly, the Salem I was told about, she would have killed me the moment we met."

(F/N): "How do you know she doesn't plan to?"

Summer: "How did I know Ozpin was telling the truth? It was about how I perceived it, and the way I saw things led me to believe Ozpin was good, and there wasn't a reason to doubt that, until I met her."

(F/N): "So what does the box have to do with helping her?"

Summer: "Uh? Oh!" She panics and picks up the box, I keep the nanobots from crushing her, she then shows it to me. "Legend says that any item placed in the box will be purified, all Salem has to do is place her hand in it and it might just free her."

(F/N): "Free her huh?" I take the box and look it over. "Made in Vacuo." I show her the small print on the side of the box, causing her to have a near heart attack.

Summer: "A-a-all my money... gone." She falls to her knees and puts her hood over her head, trying the hide the fact that she is starting to cry like a child.

(F/N): "Hey." She looks up with tears in her eyes, just looking at them makes me feel bad. "If you want... I could help you do some missions, get you some traveling money."

Summer: "R-really?" I nod, in response she holds me tightly in a hug. "Thank you!" I can see how Salem got Summer on our side, her child-like nature probably makes her easy to manipulate.

(F/N): "Yeah yeah, can you let go of me."

Reese: "(F/N)?" I look over and see Reese and her team. "It is you!" She runs over to me, completely open, my body moved on its own, the Cell responded by batting her away.

Nadir: "What the hell man?!" I step towards them.

(F/N): "Summer was it? If the sight of blood bothers you." A swarm of nanobots forms around me. "You'll want to leave." Without hesitating I broke their auras and quickly killed the two male members of the team, leaving Reese and Arslan on the ground in pain, I tower over Arslan.

Arslan: "Why?" She barely manages to speak.

(F/N): "Because I want you gone."

Arslan: "That isn't... what I..." Before her next words her head was removed, I looked over to Reese who could only watch in terror.

(F/N): "There was no need for this." I go over to Reese and step on her throat. "You should have known better, you shouldn't have approached me."

Reese: "I just." She attempts to lift my foot up so she can speak. "I'm sor-" her entire body is cut into pieces.

(F/N): "I don't want to hear it." I look around and let out a sigh. "Now I have to clean this up before others see this."

Summer appeared to be scared, maybe it was the blood, maybe it was how cleanly I buried them as if the ground had never been touched, maybe it was a combination of the two mixed with the emotionless expression on my face. I told her to get up and follow, she did as I said while she hid her face with her hood, if she kept up being scared it was going to get annoying. I pulled back her hood and took out my scroll to take a picture of her, it caught her off guard, when she asked why I did it I simply responded that cute girls shouldn't look so scared. Her child-like response once again showed how easy it was to manipulate her because after that she had a blush across her face and a stutter.

We looked around for a place to stay, when I thought about it it had been some time since I slept in a bed. Because of the limited funds we settled on a single bed for five nights at an inn that wasn't far from the path to Haven. We didn't plan to sit around the rest of the day so we went to the mission board center, in the middle of the main hall was a list of active missions. We settled for a Perimeter Defense mission, it seems they are installing a prototype turret that was gifted to them by Atlas before tensions started between them, they needed Huntsmen to guard them while it gets installed along the most active part of the perimeter.

The thought did cross my mind to make it 'accidentally' blow up, but through careful listening I learned that the turret would be connected to the Haven Tower mainframe. All I'd have to do is get Watts to write a virus and have him hand it over to Lionheart, I'd write the virus myself but ever since the Cell was handed to me I found my interest in technology mostly extinguished. Speaking of the Cell, I can see where Ruby got her love for weapons, or in Summer's case comic books, she couldn't get over how much of a comic book character I was like with my cloak and weapon, she even called me 'Metal Swarm'. I was going to scold her for calling me that but her child-like aura makes it annoyingly difficult to smack her upside the head.

Summer: "Metal Swarm! Metal Swarm!" She cheered as we sat down for a bit to eat while over seeing the workers.

(F/N): "Stop or I'm using you for target practice with that turret."

Summer: "Come on, it's an awesome name!" I was about to flick her forehead, but when I looked at her I thought I saw Lapis for a moment.

(F/N): "Yeah... I guess it's somewhat awesome."

Summer: "So how is she doing?"

(F/N): "Who, 'her'? I guess she's fine, I think she likes my company."

Summer: "Oh? Sally and (F/N), sitting in a tree."

(F/N): "Wait, Sally?"

Summer: "That's the nickname I gave her, oh uh, please don't tell her I used it, she threw me into a pit last time I did." I let out a short laugh.

(F/N): "She did mention you, just... altered a few things, left parts out."

Summer: "So... what about you?"

(F/N): "What about me?"

Summer: "I just wanted to know how you got involved, it's not everyday I get to talk to someone about her and Ozpin."

(F/N): "Sigh, well I guess like you it started with Ozpin." And so I told her about everything that happened, from when I met her daughter to the fall of Beacon, to where we are now.

Summer: "That's..." She breaks into tears and hugs me. "So sad. I can't believe Raven would do such a thing, and those girls."

(F/N): "Why are you crying?" She lets go and wipes her tears.

Summer: "Why wouldn't I? You unlocked your semblance because your teammates died, Ozpin basically used you, your family sounds like they wouldn't have even cared if you died, and on top of that you've been cheated on twice. And I thought Qrow was unlucky, your life is just one sad event after another."

(F/N): "Thanks."

Summer: "Sorry, I didn't-" I cover her mouth with my hand.

(F/N): "It's alright, I know you didn't mean anything bad." I take my hand away. "I'm somewhat surprised you're not angry about what I did to Raven, she was your teammate."

Summer: "We were, but after she left Tai, since she turned her back on Ozpin and started attacking people, I stopped seeing her as a friend and teammate."

(F/N): "I see... would you hold it against me if I killed one of them?"

Summer: "That's a difficult question, I don't want Tai or Qrow to get hurt, as for Yang and Ruby I hope things don't go that far."

(F/N): "What about their teammates and Ozpin?"

Summer: "Hmm, Ozpin I'm not sure, it might end things for the better, as for their teammates, that Blake girl shouldn't be hurt, but as for Weiss... I don't want to say she'd have it coming, especially after what I saw."

(F/N): "I see."

Summer: "So what do you think?"

(F/N): "About?"

Summer: "Where I should go next?"

(F/N): "Well not Vale, since you know, there's a..."

Summer: "What?"

(F/N): "I just realized something bad, Iris is the Fall Maiden. If they manage to kill the Grimm dragon they'll get access to the vault."

Summer: "You said Salem knows about Iris' betrayal, why would she not do something if she knows that?"

(F/N): "Good question, we'll need to find the Winter and Summer Maidens quickly if we want to stay at an advantage." She points to herself.

Summer: "Summer."

(F/N): "I know it's... your... name... you're kidding right?" She looks around before creating a fireball in her hand.

Summer: "Summer the Summer Maiden... yeah."

(F/N): "It's almost as bad as one of Yang's puns."

Summer: "Uh, at least she didn't take after Raven."

(F/N): "I wouldn't say that, if she dyed her hair black her and Raven would look like twins."

Summer: "Two Ravens, I don't want to think about that."

Once our chat ended and we finished snacking we did some patrolling around the area, but there wasn't any sign of Grimm or other unwanted guest. When they finished the instillation Summer and I went to the inn to get some sleep, it was then I realized that I'd be in bed with Ruby's mother. Given the limited amount of money on hand I didn't think about, it's possible that she'll take the opportunity to kill me in my sleep, that is if everything up until now was just an act to get on my good side. There is also the possibility that nothing happens and after a few days of doing jobs we'll part ways and not see each other again for some time.

The fact that she didn't seem to care somewhat bothered me, we went to bed in our day clothes minus the hood and cloak. Even though our backs were facing each other, I couldn't shake the feeling that she was looking at me. I tried to look over without alerting her but ours eyes met when I saw her trying to glance over as well, quickly she tried to pretend she was asleep, as if I'd let it slide if she did. Instead I rolled over to face her back, I pushed myself up and leaned over her, whispering into her ear, asking what she was looking at. She simply started to shake nervously while she still tried to act as if she was not awake, I wasn't going to let it go so I made her roll over to face me.

(F/N): "What were you looking at?"

Summer: "N-nothing."

(F/N): "What. Were. You. Looking. At?"

Summer: "I-it's just-"

(F/N): "Just what?"

Summer: "Sorry." She quickly covers her face with the cover, I shake my head and get out of bed. "W-where are you going?"

(F/N): "It's clear neither of us is going to get any sleep, I'm going to chat with the innkeeper, see if there's another room."

Summer: "Hey..."

(F/N): "Don't care."

I leave, locking the door behind me and head for a walk outside. Even though it was dark out the city was still bright with lights coming from stores and streetlamps. I was already some distance from the inn when I realized I had forgotten my cloak, instead of going back I just kept drifting through the streets. It wasn't as crowded as it was during the day, that's probably how she spotted me, I turned around and saw one of Jade's workers. She seemed nervous and ran once I looked over to her, with reluctance I followed, guessing that she was running back to Jade I walked the way there. The front door was thrown open, I could hear the woman call for Jade in a panic, and in response the owner herself walked out.

Jade: "You're back."

(F/N): "So it would seem." We just stand there at opposite sides of the room, I start getting anxious. "So... is something supposed to happen?" The worker peers out from behind Jade.

Woman: "Y-you're not here to k-kill us?"

(F/N): "Why would I be here to kill you? I have no interest in any of you, the only reason I even followed you here was because you were following me." Jade looks over to her.

Jade: "Is this true?"

Woman: "I-I, um, sorry ma'am."  She quickly bows her head.

Jade: "Sigh... go home, get some sleep."

Woman: "Yes ma'am!" She runs by me as fast as she could.

Jade: "I tell them to stay aware of their surroundings, but sometimes they overreact about things."

(F/N): "Hmm, well if we're done here."

Jade: "Would you like a cup of tea?"

(F/N): "Seeing how last time I was here I threatened you, I'm going to say no and not risk getting poisoned." She looks as though she's examining me.

Jade: "I see joining Salem hasn't helped you."

(F/N): "Yeah? What else do you see?" After a moment longer she took a step back. "Do you see how I killed Reese and her teammates without batting an eye?"

Jade: "Yeah... I do, but I also see something far worse."

(F/N): "And what would that be?"

Jade: "I don't know, but whatever it is it's black as a void."

(F/N): "Good to know, I'm leaving now."

Without listening to another word from her I left, I started heading back to the inn but when I arrived I found Summer outside. A group of guys seemed to be giving her a hard time, I activated the Cell and restrained them, after that we entered a nearby alleyway and only I exited. She seemed nervous and avoided eye contact, I patted her on the head which seemed to calm her down, but now I questioned if she was more of a child or a pet. She said she was waiting for me, she saw me leave the inn from the room's window.

After weeks went by and enough money was made from doing missions, we eventually parted ways, though Summer throughout the time that had passed seemed worried about leaving. She was skillful when it came to fighting Grimm, I didn't understand what she had to worry about, but she did leave. It was a rather somber day, the air had a cold nip to it, and once my scroll rung I understood why, Tyrian encountered Ruby and the others. They were all heading for Haven by the looks of it, from what he said it sounded like it was all of RWBY, the remaining members of JNPR, Qrow, Raven, and Tai.

I requested Salem have Cinder come to Haven and bring my equipment, to ensure my victory I couldn't simply use the Cell to kill them, they could theoretically beat me if they managed to out last the power of the liquid Dust in the gauntlets. Thankfully Salem agreed, a week before their estimated arrival Cinder arrived, though annoyed she had to help me set up the trap. Within the short time frame I managed to develop and produce four generators capable of creating a large energy field, and store swarms of nanobots. It was a victory in waiting.

I hung around Haven Academy, the break in between school years had come, and no one was around, not even teachers. So I knew when I heard footsteps walking through the halls it had to be them, a smile crossed my face. I listened in through their talk with Lionheart, I think Watts was listening in as well through a separate device. Lionheart's lies were bought, and the group headed for the dorm house, a place where fourth years lived, unlike the normal dorms it was much more like a house with a training field in the back. As I walked into his office I could hear Watts comment on the headmaster's poor acting skills.

(F/N): "He wasn't that bad."

Watts: "He wasn't that good either."

(F/N): "Shouldn't you be doing your job?" He sounded somewhat disgusted.

Watts: "Nasty event, didn't go as smoothly as a civilized person would hope."

(F/N): "The plan's still good right?"

Watts: "Yes yes, we'll be on time. You just have to deal with them." He hung up his call.

(F/N): "It'll be easy."

Lionheart: "You sound confident."

(F/N): "Do I have a reason not to be?"

Lionheart: "I mean, you are facing against three members of team STRQ."

(F/N): "You are underestimating the power of the Cell, I killed the Mistral Champion Pyrrha Nikos, defeated Raven Branwen without lifting a finger, do I even need to mention what happened to Reese and the others?"

Lionheart: "I assumed you were the reason for their disappearance." He slowly nods his head. "Yes... you may just be able to kill them."

(F/N): "Besides, if things don't go as planned we have Cinder and her lackeys here for backup." I head for the door. "You worry too much Lionheart."

We waited for the White Fang to get the explosives into the city, we only needed a few to set them up on Haven Tower, but with Ruby and the others around we couldn't risk it. Unlike Beacon, Haven Academy is basically in the center of the city, which means the Haven Police Force and Huntsmen are all around us. But unlike Beacon we already have the relic and Maiden, there is no reason for us to involve the Grimm and launch an all out attack on the school. The only reason we're even bombing the place is to weaken the kingdoms more, and get the White Fang further onto our side, give them what they want then we take what we want out of them.

I had the generators placed behind the pillars in the main hall of Haven Tower, Lionheart set up a meeting with the group after the White Fang was ready. They had been training for the most part, and from what my little eyes could show me, Ozpin was there as well, how on Remnant Tyrian missed him was beyond me. But now I could finish him, all of them in one go, and so I sat on the guardrail above the ground floor as they walked in, Lionheart was getting nervous. I wore my cloak to hide my face, however Raven kept her eyes on me as if she already figured me out.

Lionheart: "O-ozpin, I'm relieved to see you alive, after the fall of Beacon I tried to send letters but I feared none had reached you." Ozpin looked up to me.

Ozpin: "If you wanted them to reach you should have asked him to deliver them." I remove my cloak, revealing a large smile across my face.

(F/N): "I was going to say hi when I visited Patch but you weren't there." Raven unsheathed her blade, both her and Yang had new prosthetic arms. "Aw, mother and daughter are matching." I activate the Cell, large swarms come from behind the pillars. "How sweet." Ozpin laughs before throwing a metal ball into the air that beeps loudly before the swarm falls to the ground. "What?!"

Ozpin: "I'm afraid that won't work this time."

(F/N): "No."

Lionheart: "(F/N)?"

(F/N): "An EMP, how? How did you develop that?!"

Iris: "Do you really have to ask?" She walks in, shutting the doors behind her. "The White Fang have been dealt with sir."

(F/N): "So you were a traitor... Cinder!" I look around.

Iris: "The Spring Maiden left, I saw her and the others leave once they saw me deal with the scum outside."

(F/N): "No... you will not win here!" I attempt to summon drag when a different glyph appears beneath me, forcing me to move as it shatters my summoning. "What?!"

Ozpin: "It was just a theory, but after Raven told us about your semblance I assumed it worked similar to that of when a Schnee uses summoning glyphs. It's over, your two sources of power have been beaten before you can even use them."

(F/N): "Smart, I'll give you that." I take out my scroll and dial and old an number. "That doesn't mean I'll surrender here."

My old locker smashes through the ceiling, opening up to reveal a nanobot container, using the Cell I call them out and charge at them. There wasn't a lot in the container, but enough to from a sword and still have enough to form a small shield when a bullet was fired at me. Using what Auburn taught me I went after Raven first, but her brother Qrow stepped in to complicate things. Lionheart simply ran like a coward, leaving me to fight an up hill battle on my own, and when Iris stepped in it became worse.

She knew my attacks, she knew to keep her distance, she knew there was a limited amount of energy in my gauntlets. Those with guns were ordered to fire at me from a distance while those with melee were to keep me away from the fire support. It turned to the point all I could do was be on the defensive, as no shot was wasted, and no strike from Raven, Tai, or Ozpin was meaningless. There was a moment though when everything seemingly stopped, when I spoke out and said something unexpected.

(F/N): "I wonder what Summer would think if she saw you all ganging up on me."

Ruby: "Mom?" I pulled out my scroll again and sent them a picture I took of me and Summer.

Yang: "Where did you get that?!"

(F/N): "Some time ago, such a childish woman, though... her body was something else." I purposefully aimed to piss Raven off in the hopes she'd attack with her anger, and by effect give me an opening.

Raven: "You're a dead bastard!"

It worked, at least it would have, another one of those EMP balls was thrown, I looked back and saw Ironwood. My eyes widened, her blade stabbed through me, it was as though it was all rigged against me, it was as though everyone knew but me, it was as though it was all for nothing. Cinder, Lionheart, Iris, all traitors. Raven gets away with killing me and my team, where is the justice? I fall to the ground helpless like my father, and as a pool of blood leaves me I'm forced to see my killer stand alive above me.

I was furious, it should have been her to die, it should have been Ozpin who laid here in his own blood, not me. Pity, betrayal, lies, loneliness, failure, is that all life can give me? Is that all I was fated for? My eyes started to close, I could see the happy family I once had, I could see a bright future for me, but that's all gone and no one here would have cared to hear it. Raven started to walk away, as if disappointed she couldn't kill me again, and the others started to move together. Ozpin began to talk, but I couldn't make out a word he said, everything blurred, no light started to appear, the last thing I saw was my blood blacken.

(F/N): "No..." I faintly spoke.

Raven: "What?!"

Ozpin: "No."

(F/N): "Not here." I slowly stood up. "I will not die here." My vision clears, some of their faces read with fear, others shocked, others mute. "You will..." I threw off the Cell. "You will die here!" The blood on the ground lifted up into the air as though I was controlling the nanobots.

Iris: "I'll deal with him." She charged me, it felt as though we were suddenly levels apart, as if there was an energy burning inside me, that my will became a force to be reckoned with. "I don't know what Salem did, but it won't be enough to beat me."

(F/N): "What Salem did?" Everything began to darken, as though I was falling into a deep sleep, it was as though I no longer controlled my body. When my eyes did reopen it was to the sight of Salem, my head resting on her lap, and a smile on her face. "What happened?" She combed her hand through my hair.

Salem: "Just relax, you'll recall it all soon." Just as she said that bits and pieces of what happened started appearing.

(F/N): "I... I killed Iris."

Salem: "Is that so?" She spoke calmly, not dismissing my claim.

(F/N): "Wait, no... I didn't kill her, I think... it's strange." I recall having my palm placed on her head and then a glow. "They said you did something." Salem nodded.

Salem: "Here." From behind her she took out a mirror, I was speechless as I saw my reflection.

(F/N): "That white skin and hair, those black veins... how?"

Salem: "Do you remember that kiss? I gave you some of my powers in case you were ever near death."

(F/N): "You... did that for me?"

Salem: "Of course." It was quiet for a moment.

(F/N): "I met Summer."

Salem: "Oh? What did she say?"

(F/N): "I think I get it now, that is if you told her the truth."

Salem: "The greatest lies often have truth in them, but when it's the pure truth that is on your side it is often better to speak it than a lie."

(F/N): "So you are cursed?"

Salem: "Yes, because of it I can't leave this place."

(F/N): "That's why it's not decorated, that's why you're lonely."

Salem: "That is correct. It was only by chance a long time ago that someone found this place, it's thanks to them that I managed to get more people here. Though there has been few that I can... speak casually with."

(F/N): "Like Summer and me." She nods. "I failed... I failed to kill any of them, I mean I think Iris is gone but... I'm still not sure."

Salem: "What is important is that you're still alive."

(F/N): "No thanks to Cinder or Lionheart." My voice was filled with bitterness, Salem caressed my cheek and turned my head to look at her.

Salem: "Lionheart met the fate of all cowards, not worry."

(F/N): "And Cinder?"

Salem: "I can call an assembly if you wish to deal with her."

(F/N): "You're alright with losing a Maiden?"

Salem: "We already have the relic of knowledge, it's not as though she's needed for much else."

(F/N): "Still." An image flashed in my head, an answer to a question. "Call a meeting now."

Salem: "You have something planned." I sit up and start to walk out.

(F/N): "I'll take it from her." I look back. "I'll take the powers of the Spring Maiden, just like I took the powers of the Fall Maiden." Salem's eyes widened as I looked back and focused to conjure a ball of fire in my hand. "And when I'm done taking their powers, I'll deal with Ozpin and the others." I crush the flame. "Then I'll free you and show you everything you've missed."

Salem: "You... promise?" I sincerely smile at her.

(F/N): "Yes, because I owe you the world and more."

(Time Skip as Chibi Salem fumbles through her outfits as she picks one for her date with Chibi (F/N), even though all of her outfits are the same)

Everyone was gathered, Salem and I were walking down the hallway, I threw the doors open surprising them. They stood in respect from Salem, I stood at the end at the table while Salem walked to her seat. They sat down after she did, Cinder avoided eye contact with me, it was quiet till Salem spoke about the events that happened, that I recalled, about what happened to Lionheart after he ran. Cinder grew more visibly nervous as I stared her down, as Salem repeated what happened to Lionheart. The others, Watts, and Hazel were unconcerned, Tyrian started to laugh. I walked over and placed a hand on Cinder, I went and spoke closely to her ear.

(F/N): "And do you want to know what happened to Iris?" The glow returned, Cinder cried out in pain as my black blood restrained her. "You will meet that same fate." When Emerald and Mercury tried to step in my blood slammed them against the wall. "And no one can stop me."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

145K 1.4K 22
Y/N, a shy and quiet student of Beacon Academy. Gets cheated on by his two loves. Emerald and Cinder. Will he return to Beacon? Will he lose his will...
116K 1.2K 16
Y/n has spent all of his life being treated like worthless trash, barely worth the oxygen he breathes. But after escaping an abusive home Y/n finds h...
206K 2.3K 39
(F/n) was a teen that ran away from the orphanage that he grew up in and lived a carefree live in a ruined parts of Vale. But he started to change wh...
17.2K 263 42
(y/n), a 17 year old boy in vale, a undercover spy for none other than mommy salami (Salem for people that don't know) his reason for siding with her...