Royal Song

By Princess_Leaf

This story is Contest, Ikrai, Leafgreen and Pokeshipping. May and Leaf are Princesse of Hoenn. They go to Uno... More

New Home
We meet again
Stranger Danger
New Band
Mall Fiasco
Blushes and Preparations

Epilogue: Leaving Hoenn

1.7K 36 5
By Princess_Leaf

Epilogue:Leaving Hoenn

"For the last time, WAKE UP!" A maid in her early twenties shouted, her voice vibrating throughout the halls of the Maple Mansion. "I said, wake up! Come on Princesses, get up!" She said to the two sleeping figures STILL ASLEEP, despite the shouts of the woman.

Gritting her teeth, she called out her trusty companion, a Lotad. "I don't want to do this but, Lotty, water gun. Make sure they're soaked to the bone." She commanded.

The small pokemon blasted water guns to the sleeping figures, waking them and screamed.

"Annaliese! What gives?!" The first girl, Maybelle Lilica Maple shouted. A girl of sixteen, she has chestnut colored hair that reaches past her shoulders and eyes the color of sapphires, flashing with anger.

"Yeah. Its still so early..." The other girl, Leafina Bluebelle Maple agreed sleepily. She is also a girl of sixteen, with almost the same features as the first girl, except for her hair is long and reaches up to her back.

"Right... I already packed your things for tommorow, be grateful. You also have a final concert before you go to Unova, which is happening at two in the afternoon, and you have five hours to prepare for it, three hours for your appearance and two hours for the sounds and the final touches. It's nine o'clock already, so I advise you to go now, Princess May and Princess Leaf." She took a breath after saying.

The girls' eyes widened. "Say what?!"

"You heard me."

"We gotta go change. Come on Leafy!"

"Wait May!" The poor girl was pulled, no dragged to the dining area, where their father, the current ruler of the Petalburg empire, Norman Maple was currently waiting patiently, with his face covered with a newspaper. Their brother, Max was already eating, dressed and all. He saw his sisters walking towards the dining table and snickered.

"Good morning, my dear sisters." He greeted sarcastically.

"Good morning to you too, Maxwell." They replied, stretching his full name. "Good morning, father."

"Good morning as well, my dear daughters. Tell me why you're late, not to mention soaked." He replied, taking his eyes of the newspaper and to the girls, still on their nightgowns, wet from the water gun from earlier.

"Blame it on Annaliese." They replied in unison.

"My apologies, Your Highness. It seems the most appropriate thing to do, considering they won't wake up when I asked them to. So, I called Lotty." The maid said as she entered the room, bowing in front of them. Her long curly raven locks brushing her back as she did so, her caramel eyes closed.

"Its alright. It's not your fault after all, they didn't wake up."

"Hey! No fair!" May retorted while eating her pancakes.

"You should be up earlier than this, Maybelle. Be thankful that I didn't send my Slaking there to wake you two up." Norman fired back, silencing May. Leaf stayed silent as she ate her pancakes, not wanting to anger her father even more.

As soon as the two were done, they went straight to their bathrooms, taking a shower and changing into their 'princess' clothes, floor-length dresses that are off shoulder, with sashes that form a ribbon around the waist. May's dress was peach, while Leaf's was lavender.

"I can't believe that were leaving by tommorow." Leaf sighed.

"I know, I'll miss the kids at the plaza. They're so sweet and adorable too, unlike Max is." May answered back.

"May, Max is thirteen. He's not like those kids. But we'll miss him anyways, same as mom and dad. Speaking of mom, is she still..?" The other brunette asked, trailing off.

"Yes, she's still bedridden. You know her condition doesn't let her do things." May replied.

"Let's visit her."

"Hi mom." The girls greeted a fine, elegant looking woman laying down on a queen size bed. Her wavy light chestnut hair was set apart in both sides of face, framing it beautifully. Her face was pale and sickly. She's the Queen of Petalburg, Caroline Maple.

"My twin belles. How are you today? I heard you'll have a final concert before you go to Castelia City tommorow." She asked her daughters as she pulled them to a hug.

"Were fine mom. Just nervous." Leaf answered.

"You'll do great. I'll watch you girls from the t.v., don't worry." She smiled.

"Really?" The brunette asked.

"Yes you will. You shouldn't be that nervous. After all, I'M the one singing. Those songs are great, especially you made them, lil sis." May answered Leaf while patting her head.

"Oh." Caroline giggled at this.

"You need to go. Both of you are amazing performers, you'll be fine without me. Here." She handed them two boxes. "Don't open them until you arrived at the academy. That's going to be a reminder that I'm always there to support you two alright? Now go."

With a small push she ushered them to the door. The girls hugged her, not wanting to let go. She pulled away gently and kissed their foreheads affectionately. Then they got up and left the room.

"Alright guys! This is the final song! We would be leaving by tommorow so savor this time! Don't worry, we'll be back shortly okay?" May said throught the mic in front of her, panting heavily. They performed four songs already and the crowd 'awwww'ed as she said this.

"Don't be sad. We're going to miss you more than ever. For a change, we'll be singing a new song. It's our farewell gift to you guys, and for mom too." Leaf said, standing up and walking in front of the stage, she was in the back, playing the drums as May sang and strum her guitar.

"Now that you're here, who wants Leafy here to sing?" The said girl was suprised, the crowd screaming in agreement. She sighed.

"Fine. Are we live?" She whispered to May.

"This concert is strictly for Petalburg city, so don't worry!" She whispered back. Leaf turned to the crowd.

"I'll be right back." She went backstage and retrieved a violin and an acoustic guitar, the latter she handed to May.

"Alright. This song is called 'Our Song.' As the title says, this is our song." She said with a smile and started playing the violin, May following.

I was riding shotgun With my hair undone

In the front seat of his car

He's got a one-hand feel On the steering wheel

The other on my heart

I look around, turn the radio down

He says, "Baby is something wrong?"I say,

"Nothing,I was just thinking How we don't have a song."

And he says...

Our song is the slamming screen door,

Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window

When we're on the phone and you talk real slow

'cause it's late and your mama don't know

Our song is the way you laugh

The first date "Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"

And when I got home ... 'fore I said amen

Asking God if he could play it again

I was walking up The front porch steps

After everything that day Had gone all wrong

And been trampled on And lost and thrown away

Got to the hallway,Well on my wayTo my lovin' bed

I almost didn't notice All the roses

And the note that said...

Our song is the slamming screen door,

Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window

When we're on the phone and you talk real slow

'cause it's late and your mama don't know

Our song is the way you laugh

The first date "Man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"

And when I got home ... 'fore I said amen

Asking God if he could play it again

Leaf stopped playing for a while, reaching her hands to the people below the stage for them to touch her hands. She smiled at them and went back to position, her violin resting on her shoulder.

I've heard every album, listened to the radio

Waited for something to come along

That was as good as our song...

'Cause our song is the slamming screen door,

Sneakin' out late, tapping on his window

When we're on the phone and he talks real slow

'cause it's late and his mama don't know

Our song is the way he laughs

The first date "Man, I didn't kiss him, and I should have."

And when I got home ... 'fore I said amen

Asking God if he could play it again

I was riding shotgun With my hair undone

In the front seat of his car

I grabbed a pen And an old napkin

And I wrote down our song

As soon as the song was finished, the crowd cheered wildly. The girls bowed, waving slightly and smiling widely.

"We'll miss you guys. We may be in Unova, but our hearts will always be here in Hoenn. For now, this is goodbye." May said with a sad smile. Leaf agreed with a nod.

"Ugh. I HATE packing." May said as she closed her suitcase. It was after the concert and they would be leaving the next day.

"We're finally leaving, huh?" Leaf said as their suitcases are being packed together and loaded to their car.

"I know. I'm going to miss this place, especially mom. Who knows what Isabella and Rica might do to her. I hope Annaliese takes care of them." May replied thoughtfully.

"May! Leaf!"

They turned around, only to see Max crying while running to them.

"You're going to leave me? Why with them? I'm going to miss you so much!" He cried.

May then hugged him tighter, rubbing his back and soothing him with words. "Shhh.. Don't cry Max, we'll always visit. Or you can always go to Striaton City for us. Make mom safe from those witches, you here me?" She said, referring to her Aunt Rica and her daughter Isabella, who were always wanting to be queen.

"Do it for mom. For us. Okay? And don't cry. You're making us cry too." Leaf added.

"Alright. Thanks, my big sisters. Oh yeah, here's a present from mom." He then gave them two small boxes in red and blue and waved goodbye.

"Take care Maxie." They said in unison.

"May, what do you think would happen when we aren't here anymore?" Leaf spoke up.

"I really don't know. But whatever happens, we'll go back. Whatever it takes."

The engine came to life. Everything is packed safely inside. May and Leaf are the only ones that need to board the car, but was stopped by a call.

"MAY! LEAF!"

They turned around and saw Annaliese running towards them, a bundle of clothes with her. She stopped in front of the brunettes, panting. "Here. for you. They say Striaton city has a cold weather so I made these."

"Aww. Thanks Liz, you're the best." May and Leaf hugged her, to which she returned happily.

"We'll be off now. Bye." May said as she sighed after.

"Yeah... Bye.." Leaf trailed off. They went inside the car and it sped away, leaving Petalburg City behind its trail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 245 45
May, Dawn, Misty, Leaf and KK are going to a new school called weaponisation academy but also have lots of music. When these five girls met other fiv...
24.9K 1K 52
Ash was unexpectedly selected for Kanto High academy - one of the most popular academy in all regions. There he met with all his friends - new and ol...
3.9K 61 21
After Serena left Kalos, she headed to Hoenn. But what happens when she is at Hoenn? Read this story to find out! - Disclaimer: This is just a fanfic...
6.8K 201 6
Short Contestshipping Story Drew Hayden's sent off somewhere to be 'disciplined'. He meets May, a girl who changes him and his corrupted morals and m...