Second Chance Mate

By AndTheMoonSpoke

Second Chance Mate "I, Spencer Austin Smith, alpha of the Silver Bear Tribe, reject you, Austin Justine Steph... More

Second Chance Mate
A/N: Why?
Prologue: Tomorrow
Chapter One: Torture
Chapter Two: Today Is The Day
Chapter Three: What?
Chapter Four: Permission
Chapter Five: You Want Him!?
Chapter Six: I Promised Him
Chapter Seven: I'm Here, I'll Always Be Here
Chapter Eight: Finding My Mate
Chapter Nine: The Road Towards Home
Chapter Ten: I Won't Let Anyone Take You Away From Me Austin
Chapter Twelve: Bonding
Chapter Thirteen: Before We Meet The Pack
Chapter Fourteen: Do You Accept?
Chapter Fifteen: One of Us Now
Chapter Sixteen: I Really Like You
Chapter Seventeen: We Should Talk....
Chapter Eighteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 1
O_o Chapter Nineteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty: Oh Crap, We Forgot Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty One: Oh Crap We Forgot Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty Two: What Shall We Do now?
Chapter Twenty Three: Final Explanations
Chapter Twenty Four: The Battle
A/N: Here's The Stitch
Chapter Twenty Five: Reconstruction Intro Pt. 1
I'm Back

Chapter Eleven: Welcome Home

21.1K 663 203
By AndTheMoonSpoke

Dedicated to @CharliFinch for the beautiful new cover for this storyIt's greatly appreciated, and your work is amazing!!

********

Chapter Eleven: Welcome Home

Austin's P.O.V

********

RECAP

After minutes of listening to his steady heartbeat, I was lulled to sleep by the sound of it. Not to mention the soothing warmth he was constantly giving off, heat was always my weakness.

I yawned and felt my eyes begin to droop closed.

I curled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his chest, as his wound themselves around my waist.

With one last giggle, I fell into a very comfortable sleep. I was just about knocked out when I heard Jace speak again.

"The only thing that could ever and will ever be beautiful in this cold, cruel world of ours is you Austin....it will always be you."

********

I felt my body being shaken and heard a whisper of a voice. I couldn't hear what was being said, but I wanted it to be quiet.

Sleep is such a precious thing, it can't be interrupted by pestering folks.

I tried to block out the voice, even tried to push away the hands shaking me. Believe me I did, but, try as I may, try as I might, the persistent shaking woke me up.

I groaned and yawned, stretching out my tired limbs.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, with a frown on my face, and cracked them open slowly.

I regretted it as soon as I did.

The very bright sunlight nearly blinded me, causing me to whine and quickly shut them tight.

I leaned back, trying to get as far away from the sun as I possibly could. It was then I realized I couldn't get very far, there was a very warm wall behind me.

I tensed, where the hell am I and why can this wall breathe!?!

"Look who's finally awake." The wall spoke.

I giggled to myself and turned my head to side, only to come face to face with Jace.

I remembered getting in the car, the sunset, Jace's lap. I blushed and giggled again, burying my face in his neck.

"What are you giggling about babe?" He asked, looking down at me with fondness in his eyes.

"N-nothing." I sputtered in between giggles.

I was now playing with a loose thread on the beanie he was wearing. Now where did that come from?

Shrugging, I pulled at it with my teeth. I only succeeded in pulling the beanie off his head.

I playfully growled in frustration and grabbed the beanie with both hands. I pulled my head back and my arms away from me, maybe I could pull it out this way.

I pulled as hard as I could, smiling in joy when the thread popped off. I put the beanie back on Jace's head, but left the thread trapped between my teeth.

I shot Jace a big smile and offered him the string. Chuckling and nodding his head, he pulled the string my teeth and patted my hair.

I squealed a very un-werewolf like squeal and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You are really one of a kind, you know that right?" He asked, but not in an unkind way of course.

He was smiling so I knew he meant the good kind of one of a kind, unless he meant the bad kind of one kind. He couldn't have meant the bad kind though, he's not that kind of person.

Wow, that's a lot of kinds.

Giggling to myself again, I only nodded. I glanced around, now realizing that we'd exited the car while I was acting like a pup.

Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?

Hmm....anyways, I nuzzled into his neck again, rubbing my cheek against his and nipping at his neck.

Pups do this a lit you know? When they're teething and such, it's actually quite amazing. Pups are so-.

Pups....OMG DEAN!

"Oh my god, Jace! We forgot to get Dean! He's probably all alone and scared, we have to go back!" I burst out, squirming to get out of his grasp.

He held me tighter and shook his head no, " we didn't forget Dean. While you were sleeping and your brother was packing, I drove Dean here alone."

I slumped against him in relief and listened as he explained more, "pups, newborn or not, tend to be a bit skittish when going on car rides for long periods of time. They squirm and can't sit still, especially when there are other people in the car."

"....s-so he's already h-here?" I asked, joy coursing through me.

"Yepps, he's in the process of getting a bath. At least that's how it's supposed to go...." He said suspiciously.

I went to ask what he meant, only to be cut off by a loud shriek and a very angry string of curse words.

"What the...." I started, but again was interrupted.

This time by a very dry looking Dean running towards me still in wolf form, and a very unamused, soaking wet girl soon followed after with a trail of bubbles following close behind.

Jace chuckled at the sight, set me down, and bent down just in time to catch Dean.

Stifling the laughter that wanted to be set free, I watched as the lady marched over to us and halfheartedly glared at Dean.

She huffed and went on to explain that she was trying to wash him, but he sprinted passed her, and bumped her legs. Which caused her to fall in the bath water and end up here all wet and soaking.

Her face scrunched up in a forced stern appearance, causing a shred of laughter to burst free.

I quickly wrapped my hands over my mouth and tried my best not to squeal. Let's just say I failed miserably.

The woman turned towards me and opened her mouth to shoot at whoever dared to laugh, but paused.

She stated at me for a second before throwing herself at me.

"Hi! I'm so happy that I finally get to meet you! I've heard so much about you, and can I say, that you are way more handsome than my son described." She gushed, leaning back to get a better glimpse at me.

I turned beet red and looked over at Jace. He was blushing and staring at the floor, his hand slowly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh? What exactly did he say?" I smirked when his head snapped up and a pleading look came across his face.

"You don't wanna kn-" He started, but his mother interrupted him.

"All kinds of things! He said you were rather short, but he liked it because it made it easier to cuddle with you. He said you get so adorable when you're sleepy or acting like a pup."

She went on and on, not even pausing to take a breath.

"He said that you're so perfect, and that he'd give the world for you. He told me how much he lov-"

"Okay! Enough story telling, how bout you take Dean and finish bathing him." Jace interrupted.

I wonder what she was going to say.

"Now you." He smirked, taking a step towards me.

"W-what about m-me?" I stuttered, uneasiness creeping up my spine.

He just smirked and walked over to me. He scooped me up bridal style and started to trudge over to a huge, white wooded, four story house.

I stared up at it in amazement, it was so big.

"You like?" He asked, chuckling down at me.

Well, he sure does chuckle a lot when I'm around.

"Y-yes, it's v-very big." I stated, craning my neck farther back as we got closer.

"Well, each floor belongs to certain people, excepting the first floor. The fourth floor is solely my floor since I'm alpha. The third floor is for my Beta and her family, which consists of our mom, our father, her mate, and their two children. The second floor is for all my guests, it's where your brother and Dean will be staying temporarily.

"Last but not least, the first floor is where the entertainment and kitchen are. Entertainment consists of a pool room for swimming, a pool room for the game pool, a chess room, an electronics room, a TV room, and a theater room."

My mouth hung open as he listed this so nonchalantly as if it was a normal thing to have a house this big.

Noticing my lack of response, Jace laughed, "I know it's huge, but there are a lot of pups and teens that like to come over and if not work, hang out. It's only right to entertain them before, during, and afterwards."

"Sounds fun." I whispered, "I wonder what it'd be like to watch a movie without leaving the house."

"It's actually not that different from a regular outside movie theater, except you can bring whatever food you want in." He explained, but I was still confused.

"I've never been to a movie before so um not sure it's like in general...." I trailed off, embarrassed at my lack of a life.

"What?" He came to a sudden halt and stared down at me in disbelief.

"I've never been to an actual movie theater?" I asked more than stated, unsure of if that was bad or not.

"What do you mean you've never been to a movie theater before?" He asked, not in a mocking way.

"No one would let me go with them when I was younger, and I wasn't allowed to leave pack grounds. My brother's school and mine were on pack grounds, the stores and movie theaters were just beyond the border." I said softly, lowering my head in shame.

"Hey look at me." Jace whispered, nudging my face with his. He waited until I was looking at him to speak again, "that's not your fault, okay? You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of."

I only nodded and rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Okay, how bout this? We go to the kitchen grab some snacks, go to the theater room and watch every movie in there until tomorrow morning. How does that sound babe?" He asked, resuming our walk.

"What about the pack? Weren't we supposed to meet them?" I asked, not wanting to ruin any plans.

"I'll tell them that the plans changed, they'll understand. What do you say?" He asked, their was so much hope in eyes I couldn't possibly say no.

I shook my head yes with a smile on my face, giggling when his whole face lit up with joy.

He's so adorable.

"Alright, let's go then." He bent down and let me open the door, stepping into the house and kicking the door shut.

"Hey, do you want me to drop you off upstairs while I grab all the snacks and stuff?" He asked, looking down at me with a questioning gaze.

I looked up at him in fear, "p-please don't leave me a-alone."

My eyes widened and filled with tears, I know no one here was going to hurt me, but still. I couldn't help but be afraid of people other than who I was comfortable with.

"I-I know no ones going to h-hurt m-me, b-but I can't-"

He shushed me with a shake of his head, speeding over to the counter and setting me on top of it.

"Hey hey, no it's okay. I completely understand, it's okay. I know how you feel, I would feel the same way if I were you." He put both sides of his hands on my face, leaning down to make eye contact with me.

"I-I just d-don't want to be l-left alone, and I-I just-"

"No, baby, no. You don't have to explain, I completely understand, it's okay. I won't ever leave you alone, even if you want me to, I'll never leave you alone. I'll never you alone, and you'll always stay by my side, how does that sound?" He asked, leaning towards me.

I nodded fervently and held my breath when he wiped my tears away. He leaned in and kissed my cheek, leaving behind a tingling sensation.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, and wrapped my legs around his waist. I laid my head on his shoulder and pulled him closer.

He lifted me off the counter and moved about the kitchen, grabbing random snacks. He opened up a pantry and pulled out a box of Oreos, some jalapeño cheddar Kettle Cooked chips, and a box of Reese's Pieces Buttercups.

He found a plastic bag and stuffed them inside, then walked us over to the freezer. He took out some Cookies 'n Cream ice cream, and then grabbed some spoons from a drawer.

After making sure we had everything, we headed over to a door.

"Aren't we going to need two bowls?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nope, no one else here likes this kind of ice cream so it's all ours." He stated with a small smile on his face.

Giggling, I reached over and opened the door. We stepped into the "room" and waited. After some explaining, I realized we were in an elevator room. Upon entering, the elevator automatically comes down to you.

We stepped into the elevator and watched as the door closed. I reached over and pushed the button with a picture of what, I'm assuming, is a theater. There were curtains on the border of it, and then a film wheel in the middle.

Interesting.

The elevator doors silently slid open, no bells. Cool right? Jace's dad had it made that way just in case there's an intruder and we don't want anyone gettin' caught or hurt.

Jace took us all the way down the hall and to the right, and stopped in front of the last door.

"The keys to the door are in my pocket...." He said, awkwardly trailing off.

"Okay?" I asked, giggling.

Why was he being all awkward?

"My....uhhh....back pocket...." He turned beet red and looked anywhere but at me.

Cutie.

Giggling, I brought one of my arms down towards his back and brought it towards his lower back.

I carefully slipped my hand into his back pocket and hooked my fingers onto the keyring. I slowly slid them out of his pocket so I wouldn't drop them, and brought them towards the door.

I slowly leaned down and unlocked the door, I also may have been wiggling a bit too much.

I may also have been listening to the song Tainted Love by Soft Cell....let's just say I really should stop thinking sexual right now.

3rd Person's P.O.V

Two very red faced boys stepped passed the threshold of the marble brown door, entering a rather large room.

One wall was, from floor to floor, a black screen. The movie would play on that screen, which would be projected by an over head projector located across the room.

In the center of the room were six rows of ten chairs, each holding a cup holder and a foot rest.

The two boys walked to the first row of seats and sat directly in the middle.

The one with black and white hair cuddled into the other, setting his head on the males chest.

They began to have a conversation, leaving the smaller boy a blushing mess.

********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.8K 4.8K 22
For 1000 years, a wolf was chained and kept alone as a punishment, without anyone to love him. He grew bitter and bitter, wanting to destroy earth an...
20.9K 1.5K 12
A mediocre human isn't exactly a likely protagonist, or so he thinks until something decidedly not average happens to him - an alpha werewolf way out...
150K 8.9K 39
Riley Steele, an omega soldier, is ready to do whatever it takes to get accepted into a special unit in the army full of alphas, and the people stand...
407 8 12
Finally he's directly in front of me I cant bare to look into his eyes, to look into an Alphas eyes is a direct challenge. I see his hand abruptly ra...