Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 43

287 16 4
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1414

~~♛~~

Lyra~

After I stashed the glacier badge in the badge case, Silver and I got ready to leave the gym; however, Pryce stopped us—me specifically—before we reached the door. It took a bit of time, but Pryce arrived at where we currently stood promptly.

"You two have the twin devices, right? Stand outside of the door, boy. Keep the door shut while I talk with the girl," Pryce instructed to Silver, with a sharp but surprising calm voice.

Silver didn't argue, proceeding to exit and close the door. I didn't felt any pulls or tugs, which meant Silver was still in the gym and just outside the door; just how Pryce requested. With his finger pressed against his lips, he hushed me to lower my voice.

"Though the walls can silence our conversation from the outside, I can't count on the luck that Silver won't press his ear against the door to hear something," he explained to me.

I see, so he wanted to speak to me privately. It made me skeptical because a lot of the things during our journey were mainly related to Silver. Besides the fact that we were connected through the bracelet, what did it have to do with me?

Pryce reached into his pocket with his spare hand and brought out a letter.

"This letter isn't from your masked fellow; this is my letter to him. That man—the one who brought you into this mess... send him my regards."

He places the letter on my hand, delicately closing my fingers to secure it. Afterward, I hastily shoved the letter in my bag. When I looked up to Pryce, he had his hand on my shoulder.

"That boy Silver... this is for your ears only—Lyra, was it? Back in the past, Silver was involved in an extreme situation, which forced his mind to block his memories. It involved fire, in which he was engulfed in and almost died. Although his father did his very best to save him as quickly as he could, the impact eventually caused him to lose the memories he blocked..."

Fire... He almost died from a fire. I wonder if that's what changed his view of me, or if it triggered something in his memory when I was attacked by Entei... Maybe... However, he wouldn't know, even if the incident triggered the thought.

"You probably already know this, but he should discover his memories on his own. But I remembered something... A girl sheltered him after the incident until he recovered. She kept him in a secluded place within Kanto, and I'm assuming she told him a bit of his memories—I don't know."

"I see... May I ask, who Giovanni is?"

His eyes widened for a second before he screwed his eyes shut and turned his head away from me. I was taken back; did I say something wrong? Ariana referred to Silver as 'Giovanni's son', so I began assuming Giovanni was his father. Though Silver does resent his father, I was sure he wanted to know the true man behind the Team Rocket persona, the man he called 'father'.

I also wanted to know who he was, why Silver was left alone and where he was when Silver needed him while he has forgotten his past.

"Giovanni... I have not heard that name in two years. I still remember him as if it was yesterday. Yes, he is indeed Silver's father. However, it's best if I don't say who he is."

"Why not?" I asked, almost irritatingly.

He shook his head. "I cannot reveal that yet. All that was said between us stays between us. If Silver finds out through one of us, I believe it could lead to his utter destruction."

I was confused, up until he mentioned how the secret would hurt Silver; that I understood. For that, I nodded. "I understand."

"Anyways, you better hurry off to Blackthorn City. In case you believe you see her—the girl who sheltered him—she had brown hair like yours, except it went down to her lower back. She also had blue eyes instead of your brown ones; what I'm saying is that she can be helpful if you see her."

I smiled, nodding one more time before bowing once. "Thank you for your help. I promise to pay you back for your generosity."

However, Pryce shook his head. "No need... This will probably be the last time we will ever see each other—I can feel it in my head—which means you and Silver have to quickly get to Blackthorn City. Team Rocket doesn't look like they'll stop any time soon."

"Wha—"

Pryce pushed me out the door, which caused me to bump into Silver whose back was towards the door. He hastily turned around and I noticed how close his face was to me. Blushing, I distanced ourselves a bit and turned away. Silver sighed and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sure you're finished now? Let's go."

He moved his hand down my shoulder and entangled his fingers with mine. I quickly turned around to look at Pryce who stood in front of the closed door, searching for answers as to why he said what he said. However, I was welcomed with a calm gaze, which was then covered with a flash of regret and sadness. His frown curved into a sincere smile.

Silver and I left the gym, as the front doors were slammed shut in front of my face.

Then, he suddenly stopped, just before we were about to continue to the next city. I felt him gripping my hand tightly, as he turned around to face me. He re-positioned our connected hands where we held each other's palms.

I gazed up to his face and noticed him staring down at me.

"That old man... What were you two talking about?"

'Don't tell him,' I told myself, as my heartbeat quickened. "It was nothing serious."

"Not willing to tell me? If it was that irrelevant, there shouldn't be a problem speaking it in front of me," Silver responded.

"It was about you, Silver. That's why I'm not telling you anything more," I confessed, after a moment of hesitation.

I wanted to tell him what Pryce and I spoke about, but I knew Pryce was right; if I were to tell Silver directly, it could seriously affect his current state.

I stared at Silver, as he searched my face for a bit. After a sigh, he rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes and taking a few breaths.

"I don't need to know what you guys were talking about. That old man—Pryce... I feel like I know him from somewhere. I felt that I knew him before, the moment I saw him. The shocked expression he had... it just confirmed my suspicions," Silver explained.

I muttered his name as the silence between us continued. He tilted his head to the sky and rested his chin above my head, rather on top of my hat. At this time, the silence was unbearable, especially when I just learned details about Silver's past.

"Hey Silver, let's head to the next city now," I suggested, tugging his arm.

He turned his head down, staring at me with his red eyes. "Alright; do you know how to get there?"

I pouted. "Watch me! I'll get us there quickly!"

"Don't forget about the cave we have to get through—do you even know where we're heading?"

I nodded with confidence. "Blackthorn City, right?"

"I'm sure Pryce told you that."

"Hey! I would've figured it out eventually."

"Yeah... 'eventually'."

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 7K 34
When you woke up, you didn't know what happened. You don't know how you got to the hospital. And you especially don't know the people who are aroun...
13.6K 504 37
May has an experience with two new friends whom mysteriously disappear several days after their encounter. Though she still wonders about what had ha...
23.5K 534 8
An autistic Korean American young man died saving a family who were playing Pokémon Go. Luckily for him, he reincarnates into the world of Pokémon! ...
8.7K 210 37
Rosa never liked the crowd, nor did she like to talk to others, yet somehow ended up becoming popular amongst her classmates in school. With a beauti...