Ishqbaaaz : The Return of Obr...

By Lakshmi1099

Highest rank #21 on 09/02/2018 in fanfictions. 7 years have passed since that fateful day. The day when the f... More

Author speaking ;)
Prologue
Shivaay
Shivika
Rudra
Rumya
Omkara
Rikara
Dadi
Flashback.
Flashback 2
The truth.
Fear.
Memories and more..
Journeys.
The dilemma.
When the past comes knocking.
New beginnings
Relations
Home Sweet Home(Part A)
Home Sweet Home(Part B)
Morning stress.
Conspiracies
Bonds.
The meet.
Confrontations
Introductions.
Revelations.
Lost in time.
Forgive and Forget?
The Welcome.
When the unexpected happens.
The Breaking News.
The mastermind's plan.
Suspicions.
The rise.
Untitled
The call.
Choices and Consequeces
Preparations
The past.
The Homecoming.
Homecoming (Part B)
Relations?
Continue??
Conflicts.
I've got your back,Di
Outside the bubble.
The party.
The limit
The ties that bind

Mine.

10K 592 144
By Lakshmi1099

"Shivaay baby"Tia's words resonated through the whole lounge eliciting varied emotions from each one of the Oberoi.

Gauri was sitting with Saumya reconfirming the arrangements for the evening when she heard Tias voice.She turned to the entrance of rhe mansion to see Tia dressed to the nines as usual.Ironically Tia was wearing one of the outfits from Jashn's last collection,she noted

Gauri had absolutely no idea as to what was happening.Who is this lady whose entrance seemed to have sent the Oberois into a shock? Almost all the Oberois were having expressions of shock on their faces except Pinky who had a wide grin on her face.Slighly nudging Saumya on her shoulders,Gauri asked Saumya in a faint whisper."Kaun hai yeh?"

"Lady baba."Saumya whispered in a daze and then corrected herself when she saw the confused expression on Gauri's face."Sorry. I mean lady... Tia Kapoor,Shivaay Bhaiyaa ki ex-fiancée"Saumya was so used to hearing Rudra calling her Lady baba that she had also started called Tia by that name.

"Oh!"Gauri exclaimed.That was definitely news for her.Om had told her about Shivaay's past but she didnot expect it to come back into their life like this.Especially at this point where Shivaay Bhiyaa has clearly moved on in his life.

Shivaay was too flaggbustered at the situation to react to it.Before he could react he felt a hand on his arm.

"Shivaay Have you seen Khanna?I forgot an important file at home and Khanna is not picking up the phone.Can you send someone to pick it up for me?"Anika asked casually looking at the phone.It was only when she didnot get an answer from Shivaay that she looked up to find Shivaay staring at her with a strange expression...Of surprise,Panic??Shivaay was worried about how Anika will take the situation.

She looked at the family behind Shivaay and saw each one of them staring at something in her direction.What were they staring at? Did I forget to take off my face pack?? Or am I wearing my clothes inside out?? Maybe I am wearing only one earing?Nahi toh! Sab sahi hai,then what are they staring at?Is there someone behind me?Anika turned around to come face to face with Tia who too was staring at her with an expression of shock,confusion and surprise all mixed together.

Rudra shifted closer to Om and nudged him with his shoulders.

"Kya??"Om asked irritatedly without talkiing his eyes off from the scene in front of him.

"This is going to be epic,O.I cant wait to see that lady babas expressions.Oh god!!"Rudra whispered with a grin on his face.Only god knew for how long he wanted Lady baba out of his brother's life and Rudra couldn't believe that it was finally happening and he was lucky enough to be a witness to this once in a lifetime moment.

Om couldnt stop the smile that was formed on his face.Even though he appeared calm on the outside,only he knew how excited was he to witness this moment.If this same moment happened years ago,he could bet that it would be Shivaay who would handling this situation but now,judging from Gauri's chronicles of her office life,Om could confidently say that today Anika would be the one who would do the talking.

"What are you doing here Anika.I guess this was a family gathering."Tia asked doubtlfully."Wait a second,did Shivaay baby call you here?"

"Aww,baby you already called up ANika so that we could restart our wedding preperations asap.That is soo sweet of you baby.Thank you."Tia exxclaimed in her typical high pitched voice as she walked to Shivaay and wrapped her hands around Shivaay's arm,flashing the brightest smile she could, on her face.Shivaay tried to free his hand from Tia but Tia seemed to have completely missed his subtle efforts and was too focused on herslef.

Anika turned around and to be honest,she felt a prick in her heart seeing Tia standing beside Shivaay.It wasnt because it made her insecure of their relationship or something,it was simply because it bought back memories.One of the cons of having an exceptional handsome husabnd was the attention he got from the female populatiojn,Anika had realised this fact evry early in her marriage.Be it parties,or award function or just business meetings Shivaay always attracted the attention from the females in the room. She had seen innumerable ladies making a move on her man but no matter who it was,she never felt the need to stake her claim over her man and tell them to back off.Maybe it was because of the fact that Shivaay never spared them a second glance.

Seeing Tia drape herself all over Shivaay mad her want, to just walk over to Shivaay and pull him out of the death grip that Tia had on him.Controlling herself,she cleared her throat,

"I am not here as the wedding planner Tia and nor is this wedding ever ging to take place."Anika spoke in a calm voice but that was enough to dim Tia's smile.Those of them who hadnt seen the office version of NAika were surpisoed to see the sudden chang ein her.The ANika whom they were acquainted with, was fiery who could win an argument with words but this anika who was artic cold and calm was another level of scary.No one could tell by her expression what she was thinking or what she intented to do.Even Tej couldnt help but notice how much had Anika changed in these seven years.

"What do you mean by that Ms Anika?And who are you to decide whether this wedding will happen or not?Dont forget who you are and where you are standing.Just because we treat you like a family member,it doesnt make you one."

"I mean what I said Tia.This marriage will not happen and I can guarantee you that.By the way,I am not longer Ms Anika I am Mrs Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi.I am family."Anika declared in shrewd tone.Anika would have felt bad for Tia if she had waited all these years for Shivaay but when she knew that it wasnt the case,Anika found no reason to be polite to someone who had returned to their lives with an ulterior motive.Shivaay couldnt help but stare at Anika when she said those words.No matter how small or insignificant it was for others,it meant a world to him for Anika to cal herself Mrs Anika Shivaay SIngh Oberoi.He knew how proud anika was of her independence and the fact that she took his name was nothing less than a miracle.Even if he would never admit it,he had always longed to hear that name from Anika herself.

"What you got married,Shivaay?"Tia asked distancing herself from him.

"Yes.If you didn't what I just said.Let me repeat it for you.Yes,Shivaay got married to Anika and now if you mind ,which I am sure you won't ,I would like to borrow my husband for a second."Anika said 

"Shivaay can you please send someone to get that file for me.It is really important."Shivaay pulled out his phone and walked off towards the entrance.He was only thankful to Anika for giving him a way out of that situation.For once he was happy to let Anika handle the situation as he knew that she would be able to do it better than what he would have done.

Once Shivaay had walked out of the lounge,the senior Oberois too decided to go to their repective rooms to finsih their pending work before the evening event leaving only Pinky tia and younger Oberois in the room.Anika too turned to go abck to her room.She didnot have time to waste on the dramatics that Tia was doing now.Anika had almost reached the door of the room when she heard PInky's voice.

"Mil gayi shanti tujhe.Meri bacchi ka dil tod kar?"Pinky asked in an angry tone. She was consoling Tia who was shedding crocodile tears on Pinky's shoulders.
Anika tried to understand why Pinky was the way she was. She had even tried putting herself in Pinky's shoes to understand her side of the story. But no matter what she did,Anika couldn't understand why pinky hated her and that too with such vehemence.although she couldn't understand her reasons,Anika respected Punky as Shivaay's mother and that was why she kept quiet even after being taunted innumerous times. Like everyone she too had a limit of tolerance.

"Sorry but I dont think I did anything wrong by revealing the truth,Pinky aunty.Infact I just saved her from a public humiliation and an even bigger 'heartbreak' by making things even before todays'' evening.Otherwise you yourself can think how embarrassing it  would be for tia, if she was spotted by the paparazzi hanging on to my husband.Tia should actually be thankful to me and keep a distance from my husband Pinky aunty."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anika walked into her room to find Naira sleeping soundly on the bed.It was a really tiring morning with the press conference,family introduction and other stuff.She was glad that Naira was asleep during the whole fiasco.She didnt want Naira to witness what just happened in the Oberoi lounge.

Adjusting to the Oberoi family life was proving to be more difficult than she had imagined.Normally even though it would be stressful for her in the office at the end of the day,she returned to a grioup of people who only knew the language of love.Now,along with handling the details of her fashion show she had to deal with the Oberoi family as well,some of whom seemed to hate her for no apparent reason.

She took of her heels and lied down on the bed hugging Naira close to her.Naira snuggled closer to her in her sleep whispering "mumma"in a half asleep state. Anika smiled at that a action and closed her eyes to take a quick nap,away from the madness of the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Om was making space for Gauri's clothes in his cupboard.His decision to leave the Oberoi mansion was an impulsive decision that he took one night when the weight of decsion was becoming too much for him to bear. Being in the same place that he had so many memeories with his brothers was only maing it more difficult.So he stuffed some clothes into his backpack and walked out of the Oberoi mansion.So naturally his cupboard was still in the aame state that he had left it in.Since Gauri was on the phone with her mother,Om decided to arrange her clothes in t he cupboard himself.

As he was picking up her clothes from the bag,a diary slipped and fell on the floor spilling all the papeers on the ground.Sighing Om knelled down and started gathering all the papers and ptiing them back into the pages of the diary. As he as gathering the papers,he came across a ultrasound picture that he could recognize very easily. Their first child.. 

It was probably the happiest moment of this life,when Gauri told him that he was going to be a further.They were over the moon.It was like a dream come true.He had 

It was all like dream until that fateful day.He clearly remebered even the minutest details.

=-----------------------
It was almost dark outside but Gauri was still in the kitchen trying to bake a cake for Om. Being pregnant meant that she was strictly banned from the kitchen. Her morning sickness didnt help either. Ever since she had told Om about her pregnancy he had been going all over protective. Even though his overprotectiveness lead to some fights, Gauri knew that they were all stemmed from his affection for her and for their unborn baby.
Their baby it felt a little weird to say it aloud although it had been months since they came to know about it.Their baby. She was going to be a mother.!! She just couldnt wait.
Om had an exhibition coming up shortly which meant that his wirk shedule was more hectic than before
making it difficult for them to spend some quality time together. Today Om had promised her that he woukd be back early and so she thought of doing something special since she was sitting idle anyway.
The oven beeped bring her out of her thoughts.Putting on her oven gloves she walked to the oven and pulled the cake out. The aroma of freshly baked cake filled the while room and Gauri was escatic that the cake turned out to be perfect without any major blunder.
She put down the cake on the counter and walked to the vessel stand to take out a plate. But as she reached near the sink,she didnot notice the water that she had spilled while washing the dishes. Gauri slipped and lost her grip.Unable to balance herself,she had bumped down her hips on the floor in blinked of the eye, leaving Gauri in unbearable pain.Inspite of her pain,Gauri tried lifting herself up but she her head spin.
At that moment in unbearable pain,Gauri had only one face coming to her mind.Om.She touched her stomach lightly hoping against hope that her child would be alright. This couldnt end like this. She knew that she had to call for help but the phoen was in the living room and she was loosing conciousness by the second. With tears of helplesness streaming down her cheeks Gauri sent a prayer to her shankar ji to save her and their baby. She had to fight for her, for om, for the family they dreamed of.she had to.Gauri told herslef.

"Why is it this quiet today?"Om felt uneasy. He ignored the thought and rang the bell waiting for Gauri to open the door. He clutched on to the packet of rocky road and chocolate peppermint that Gauri had craved for yesterday imaptiently. Even though he persinally thought that she had weord craving these days,Om was only happy to run about to fulfill them.
When the door didnt open even after waiting for 3-4 minutes,Om started getting worried.
"She must have fallen asleep."Om told himself as he opened the door with his key.
"I am home"he spoke to an empty living room.A sense of dread filled his stomach as he called out her name each time recieving no response in return.The silence was deafening and Om could hear his own heart beat.
It was then that the aroma of freshly baked cake reached him, running to the kitchen he found Gauri unconcious on the kitchen floor bleeding very badly.
For a second,Om froze hoping that this was a nightmare that he will wake up from soon but the very nexy second he realised that this was not a imagiantion.This was happening for real.
Dropping his bag and the packet in his hand,Om rushed to Gauri an tried to wake her up.
Om rushed to the living room to call for help bot noticing that the choco peppermint candies that he had bought for Gauri, lay ont he tiled floor in bits and pieces.
Om once agian tried in vain to wake Gauri up. After innumrous times of calling her name,Gauri opened her eyes slughtly.
Even in her unconcious state,she could recognise Om. Gripping his hand tightly,she whispered desperately."Baby..Save it Om please."
Gauri whispered with tears in her eyes as slipped back into unconciousness.
Gauri's words were like an arrow to Om's heart. He wanted to do something but had no idea what he was supposed to do. Seeing the blood all around,Om couldnt help but thinking of the worst. Inspite of his inner fears,he couldnt do anything except waiting for the ambulance to arrive on time.
The ride to the hospital was the worst 5 minutes of his life.Judging from the faces of the paramedics he knew that the situation was not at all fine but still he hoped for the impossible. He prayed feverently,even if he was hoping for a miracle.
Om sat on the white chairs of the hospital corridor waiting for some update on Gauri who had been taken to the operation theatre.
After what seemed like an eon,the doctor came out of the operation theatre. Even without any words,Om could judge from the doctor's expression about what happened.
"How's Gauri,doctor?" He asked swallowing a lump in his throat.
"She is fine.Under sedation now."
The doctor took a moments pause. This was the hardest part of putting into words the fact that both of them knew. But it was his job and it had to be done.
"I am sorry Mr Oberoi. We couldnt save your child.I am sorry." Om closed his eyes tightly. Even though he had expected it,it was too hard to hear it in words. As the doctor walked off to give Om some time,Om sunk onto the floor in despair.
He stared at his hands which were blood stained and finally the dam of tears he had been holding in,broke. Om put his head into his hands snd let his tears flow. He had absolutely no idea as to whst he was going to do now. For the past few months every day was spent in the preparations for the arrival of the new members. They had planned,loved and waited for so long to hold their child in their arms.
Now by a cruel twist of destiny,gid had snatched back his gift from them leaving them.alone to deal with the aftermath.
"Why did you have to give us the happiness if you were going to snatch it back?Why"Om shouted asking whichever god was listening to him at that moment. He had done many unforgivable things in life,he knew but Gauri??How could something terrible like this happen to someone like her who only did good to others and spread happiness and cheer all around her.
What will he tell Gauri when she wakes up? Om knew that it would devastate her. She was emotionally stronger one out of them and if she broke,Om would breakdown with her.
_------------------------------------------------------_
"Kya dekh rahe ho?" Gauri's voice brought him out of his thoughts.
"Nothing. Actually your diary fell down while I was arranging your clothes. So I was just gathering the things that fell out of it."Om said casually as he sneakily hid the ultrasound picture between the bundle of papers.
"Haww. Sach batao Om. Were you secretly reading my diary?"
"No of course not."Om defended himself but soon grew suspicious."By the way what have you written it rhis diary that I cannot read it."
"Aisa kuch nahin hain usmein."
"Then you shouldnt have a problem if I read it right?"Om teased in a seroous tone.
"Okay. If you dont believe me go ahead. Padh lo." Gauri relented.
"Thanks but no thanks."Om handed the diary back to Gauri"I believe you and if i wanted I could have read your diary when you leave it here and there carelessly."
"Did you by any chance read my diary?"
"No" Om denied"Or maybe yes. Kya pata meine already padh liya ho toh."Om playfully whispered as he pulled out another set of clothes and started arranging it in the cupboard.
" Haww.Om that is not fair.I just called you names when we fought. And sometimes you are irritating when you go into your artist mode and not listen to what i say. Aur kabhi tumhare jokes bahut bure hote hai but I still love them...." Gauri started babbling in an effort to explain herself. Ahe didnot want Om to take it in a wrong way when she had no intention to do so.
When she had ranted out for a.minute or so,Om interrupted her calmly."Gauri calm down. I didnot read your diary. Not even a single entry but now I know what you have written in there." Om casually while Gauri closed her mouth in shock.
"Matlab you tricked me Om. Haww. How could you do that??" She asked while grabbing a pillow to throw at Om...
_----------_

"Naira please you wear this today,tommorow we will wear that blue dress. Aaj yeh white waala pehen lo.Look you even have white belleis to go with it."Anika tried to convince her stubborn 7 year old who was adamant on changing her dress in the very last miment.
"Mamma please I really want to wear that white one."Naira pouted
"That puppy face is not going to work here so dont even try that young lady."Anika said in a strict tone.
"Kya hua subhe subhe ladayi? Voh bhi mere bina?" Shivaay asked in a joyful tone as he walked into the toom to find Anika and Naira arguing on something.
"Kya hua?"Anika turned around to face Shivaay with an angry tone."Yeh hua hai.Now that you are here,both father and daughter sort it out among themselves. I have other things to do."Anika angrily dumped the white frilled frock in Shivaay hands and walked out of the room leaving Shivaay confused by her behaviour. Anika wasn't normally this angry especially when it came to Naira. Shivaay brushed aside the thought for later and decided to concentrate on the immediate problem.Naira's dress.
"Naira.."
"Is mumma angry with me?"Naira asked.

"No baccha.She is just tired. She has so many things to do right. You know about the show that mumma has in this week right.? She is just tired."
Naira nodded her head in attention.
"Achha you want to give mumma a surprise and make her happy?"Naira nodded, excited that she could do something to make her mother happy.
"Lets wear this dress and give her a surprise. Okay?? Oh look you have the perfect belleis to go with the frock. Chalo lets get ready fast."
Once Naira had changed into her frock,Shivaay kneeled down on the floor to make her wear the bellies.
As he was putting on the shoes,he heard Naira calling him.Absentmindedly he hummed back.
"When will we go back to London?"Naira askedsurprising Shivaay. It had not even been a day sive they came to the Obeori mansion and Naira wanted to know when they were going back. Naira was always someone who would easily mix with a crowd and adapt to new people and place.
"Why do you want to go back?You miss your friends."
"Yes I miss my friends, my school, and I miss sahil maamu too."
"Sahil has exams that is why he didnot come to India with us. Hey. Why don't we video call him? What say?"
"Nahi. I just go back to London papa. Everyone here just keep fighting and I dont like it."Naira confessed to her dad.
"Naira everyone fights. Even mumma and I fight sometimes.How many times have you fought with your friends. So many times right? Does that mean that you ahte your frineds and never talk to them again? No right. You both say sorry and be friends again right?" Shivaay asked. he knew where Naira's doubts were coming from. He had seen these fights from his childhood so by the time he reached Naira's age,it was normal for him. But for someone like Naira who was bought up in a different atmosphere,it was too shocking to know that all the families in the world were not as loving and normal as hers.
"But still when will we go back?"Naira  asked but before Shivaay could reply he was reply they were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Daadi."Shivaay stood up to greet her.
"Hayy. Naira is looking so pretty."she exclaimed.Turning to Shivaay,she slapped him lightly on his shoulder.
"Tu abhi tak ready nahi hua? Look even your daughter has finished getting ready.Chal jaldi kar. Time jaa raha hai."
"Daadi mein Naira ko tayyar kar raha tha. That is why I got late."Shivaay whined.
"Abh samjha ki jab tu chota tha, koi bhi function ya outing ke liye teri maa sabse aakhri mein ready kyun hoti thi? Because she used to get you ready as well." That struck a cord.with Shivaay. He remembered that his.mother was always the last person to get ready and it was not only because she spend time in her makeup but also because she had to take care of the needs of the whole house before she could go.
"Acha mein toh bhool hi gayi. I was here to take Naira to a secret place.Chalo Naira."
"Secret place? Kahan?"
"Aree papa secret place, secret nahi rahega na if par dadi tells you about it."
"Haan secret ahi. Chalo Naira."Daadi said as she held Naira's hand to walk.
Naira hesitated for a moment and when Shivaay nodded his head she walked out with Daadi with an extra skip in her steps.
Shivaay already knew where that secret place was located. The rose garden. It was a garden that his grandfather had geown and gifted hid grandmother on one of their anniversarys. Even after his demise,his daadi always took care of it and it was the place the the younger Oberois escaped to when the fights became too.much to bear.
He too was introduced to the garden by daadi when he was of Nairas age. He then took Om,Rudra and Priyanka to the secret garden. It was like an Oberoi treasure that was being passed down the generations.
He was still in his thoughts when Anika walked into the room.
"Are you fine Ani?"Shivaay asked immediately.
"I am fine Shivaay."Anika lied but Shivaay could see right through her facade.
"No you are not fine,Ani. Tell me what is wrong?"Shivaay asked as he held her arms and turned her to face him.
Anika looked into Shivaay's eyes and found it looking at her with concern and worry written all.over his face. She let out a small.digh and leaned onto his shoulders tiredly.
"It am just tired Shivaay."she sighed.
"Dont overwork yourself Anika.Nobody is a superhuman here,we all are humans and we have a limit for everything. Its totally fine to drop a few things if it is becomeing too much for you. For now just concentrate on your fashion show and leave the rest to us. You have me,Om,Rudra,Badi maa and so many people to help you. Nobody expect you to be perfect and do everything. We just want you to be happy."Shivaays aid as he tightened his arms around Anika. His wife was too big of a perfectionist who wanted to make everyone around her happy even if she was working herself to the bone.
-----------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 24.6K 74
Cover Credits to @luckykr13 Omkara Singh Oberoi, The youngest CEO of Oberoi Industries at the age of 26 and the most eligible bachelor, every maiden...
2K 192 12
"Shivaay singh Oberoi, Ceo of Oberoi group of industries was shot dead by some masked men" echoed the voice of new reporter throughout the hall of Ob...
93.6K 10.9K 16
"𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓼𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓽...
335K 34.1K 200
(#6 in Rikara as on 27th March, 2019) Now I know the title says Rikara FF, but there is going to be quite a bit about other characters from the Ober...