My Werewolf Girlfriend

Per AustinAndKaedrik

*Edited and revised final version! Cover by @AverySummers* Alex knows it's weird to have a strange voice in h... Més

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - Epilogue
Authors' Note

Chapter 22

5.5K 270 30
Per AustinAndKaedrik

-Alex-

I woke up with a small smile spreading across my face. I looked down and saw Amber still sleeping soundly in my arms. Having shifted so "flawlessly and without much pain" as Alpha Adam had put it, they wanted me to stay on the property to keep an eye on Xavier and I. My parents visited my "sessions" with the Alpha regularly, while helping fill in the details of what they'd left out over the years -- my mom being part wolf the second biggest one. 

There were new things I felt and sensed since I had shifted. Scents were stronger, my reaction time was faster and precise, I could hear and make out what people whispered from across the room, I felt lighter on my feet and agile. Not to mention the emotions I felt towards certain things. Things that would irritate me to no end before now only annoyed me a little. I felt more protective over friends and family. And the feelings I had towards Amber? My mate? I didn't tell her, though I had a feeling she already knew, those feelings of being protective and possessive had increased tenfold. I'd have almost been uneasy towards the whole matter if Xavier hadn't been so pro-active in it all. He wasn't taking over, but he was definitely present a lot more. Especially when Amber was teasing us. I chuckled, remembering the previous night.

She became such a tease and it was all I could do to not... well... let's just say Xavier had some punishments in mind. But right now, he was purring very loudly. I found it odd that he made such a noise, due mostly to the fact that he was a wolf.

'If you're going to be annoying, go back to sleep,' he growled softly.

I chuckled inwardly, 'What? Can't a guy voice his opinion?'

He growled again. 'I was sleeping so nicely next to our mate. You just had to go and ruin it, huh?'

I mentally shrugged. 'Sorry. If its such a big deal I'll let you be.'

'Please?' He asked quietly.

I was a little startled at his voice. I guess I didn't know just how much – Jackie, I think Amber's wolf was named – meant to him.

'She means everything...' he said softly.

I nuzzled her neck with my nose, causing her to snuggle closer to me. This time I didn't complain when Xavier started purring again. I personally felt like I could move mountains by her side.

Amber moaned softly, making me smile wider. She was adorable when she slept. It was so peaceful considering how feisty she was when she was awake.

'Okay, yeah, we're whipped,' I said.

Xavier growled, but I could almost hear the laugh behind it. 'Way to ruin the moment... again.'

'Well, it's true.'

'Whatever.'

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked down again and saw Amber looking up at me. I didn't realize that she was awake.

"Xavier." I put simply.

She rolled her eyes, then sat up with a yawn. "What time is it?"

I glanced at the clock on her nightstand. "7:23"

"In the morning?" She asked, her eyes widening.

I nodded. Then spat out the fuzz that landed in my mouth when she hit me with her pillow.

"Why'd you wake me up so early?" Amber complained. "It's Sunday, we don't even have school tomorrow. Or all week! This means that YOU DON'T WAKE ME UP BEFORE 10:00!"

I laughed at her statement. We were lucky that we had spring break. "So I take it that you're not a morning person?"

This earned me another hit with her pillow.

"What was your first clue?" She asked.

I smiled, before giving her lips a quick kiss.

"Hey," I defended. "After the tease that you were last night, you had it coming."

"I reserve the right to be because one, you're still not forgiven and two, I am a girl. That last part entitles me to be a tease."

I fell back onto the bed with a groan. What she told me last night about having to wait for her forgiveness...

Great.

"So what do you want to do today, wolf girl?" I asked.

"Anything I want, wolf boy." She retorted.

I chuckled, "what's first?"

She moaned, burying her face in her pillow. "My dad. I have to go talk to him about something first."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"To me it is. Almost the past year, any time I have to talk to him, it is usually about preparing me for being a Luna. It gets old real fast."

I nodded a little. "Well, how about this. You go and talk to your dad, and I'll make us some breakfast. Sound good?"

I practically melted at the energetic – and surprised – smile she gave me.

"Now we're talking. About time you found some way to please me." She teased.

"Oh, I could think of another way," I said with an evil smirk as she got up.

Her face turned red in record time. I laughed, gave her a kiss on her extremely blushed cheek, and headed downstairs.

"I retract that brownie point!" She called after me.

"I'll earn it back later," I shot back, making sure she caught the double meaning.

I heard her sigh in frustration and shut the door. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I went into the kitchen.

There, I ran into Kristine, Amber's mom, who raised her eyebrow at me. She was leaning against the large kitchen island with a mug in her hand. 

"What?" I asked not-so-innocently.

"What are you doing to my daughter?" She asked, amusement clear in her eyes.

"Possibly making her embarrassed...maybe even tormenting her," I replied with a shrug.

Kristien laughed. "Are you sure that's a good idea with what she's hanging over your head?"

I shrugged again. "Maybe. But it's worth it if I get to see her cute reaction." I told her, not seeming to care if this was her mom. She didn't say anything that would say that she minded. I guess it was kinda obvious that PDAs weren't a big thing around here. Must be a werewolf thing.

"So what are you doing down here?" She asked.

I answered her as I started to grab things and make breakfast. 

"Making Amber breakfast. Want any?" I offered.

I swear that if Kristine's smile could get any bigger, it did. Although, she did raise an eyebrow at me. "You can cook?"

I nodded, pulling the eggs out of the fridge. "It's something that I picked up from my mom, I guess. I don't know how I learned but...." I ended with another shrug.

I could see the approval in Kristine's eyes. Then it turned to curiosity. "By the way, how have your parents been? Last we talked... well... you weren't exactly awake."

I looked at her, confused. I had forgotten that she hadn't been there with the Alpha during the few sessions I'd had with him.

"It was after the first hunter attack." She elaborated.

"Oh... right. Yeah, and when I did wake up, I still don't think the rest of my head was awake either." I replied sheepishly, referring to how I treated Amber.

She waved her hand in a motion saying to forget about it. "Don't worry. It's past us now."

I nodded, starting to make a couple of omelets. "They've been good. I was going to swing by there later this week to grab some things I'd forgotten on the way over. Seeing as how I'm staying here, might as well."

Kristien nodded. "Sounds like a plan. Actually, I was going to have you and Amber move into that suite we have down the hall."

I nearly dropped the spatula I was using, whirling around to look at her. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I know it's odd for you, but it's actually quite natural for us. When mates meet each other, they usually move in with one another after the first week. I've already talked with Adam about it, and we agreed."

"Have you asked my parents?"

She shook her head. "No, but I'm sure that they'll understand. They both come from our side of things."

I let out a small sigh, cooking the rest of breakfast, and putting everything on a couple of plates.

Guess this was my life now. Talking to my werewolf girlfriend's mom about moving in and making breakfast.

"Alex?"

I looked back up at Kristien. "Yes?"

"Do you love my daughter? Do you love Amber?" She asked slowly as if making sure I understood the question. 

The question took me by surprise, I'll admit, but it didn't stop the automatic response that slipped my mouth. 

"Yes. I love her more than anything and everything" I said without faltering. I didn't have to try to put effort or emotions into my reply, for like everything else, it came naturally and honestly. "She means the world to me."

Kristien nodded. "Well there you go. Now, I'm going to go hunt down my mate and tell him to send yours down. I doubt she'll want to miss a breakfast like that." She finished with a smile.

I laughed and nodded. "Okay."

And on that note, she walked away.

I sat down on one of the island stools, waiting for Amber.

'For once, I'm actually pleased with you,' Xavier said to me.

'How so?'

'You didn't make a fool of yourself when you confessed your love for our mate.' He said with a snicker.

I rolled my eyes at him. 'Shut up. It's not hard when you love someone.'

'Maybe. But might I add, love, is an understatement in our case.'

I smirked. Well, he wasn't wrong...

~*~

-Amber-

I tried to get rid of the blush that was on my face as I walked towards my father's office. I was sooo going to get Alex back for that later. I know I was being a tease last night, but hey, he had it coming!

I knocked lightly on the door to my dad's office. It may have been early for me, but he always got up early so he could get stuff done and have time before it got too late in the day.

"Come in," I heard him say.

I opened the door and stepped inside. His office was spacious and had a nice desk and office seat behind it, and had a few bookshelves along the walls. A couple of chairs sat in front of the desk, which had become quite messy with various documents.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Yes. I was... hm... how do I put this..." he said, rubbing his chin in thought.

I leaned against the side of his desk, waiting patiently.

"I was wanting to make sure that you'd be ready to take charge of the pack should anything happen between now and the next few years."

I nodded, a little confused. "Yes... I've always been ready. Why?"

He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I'm going to give it to you straight. This was brought to my attention the other day, and I've been going over it multiple times with... a lot of the wolves in this pack. Those that know things."

"Um, okay?"

"Because you are an alpha female, things are going to hit you harder than we thought. First, because you are of age, and you've already met your mate, your heat is going to hit sometime between now and next week."

I felt my jaw hit the ground in shock, but oh no, he didn't stop there.

"Because of the way Alex's wolf is," he continued. "And the way things are... well... this is going to be an interesting mating, to say the least."

I shifted, starting to feel awkward. I could tell by the emotion in his voice, mostly lack-there-of, that he had simply switched to alpha mode, and not 'I'm talking about this as a father to my daughter' mode.

"To say the least, your heat might last longer than it should, and might even be... um... more intense. Apparently, so says the pack doc, this is so you two can hurry up and lead the pack."

"O-okay...."

How the hell do you reply to that?! "Sounds great, dad, I'll be sure to make Alex lock me up in my room for the next two weeks while we fuck like rabbits. No worries!"

"Now. That the first thing. Your mother and I have agreed that you and your mate are to move into the open suite we have downstairs. Alex... well... I'm going to talk to him later about all of this."

I just sat there.

'Jackie?'

'Yeah... I'm thinking about it too.... Although, I would be lying if I said this won't be fun...'

'Jackie!' I yelled mentally at her, my face feeling like it was on fire.

'What? I mean, with a body like that I can only imagine his–'

'JACKIE!'

'And oh, those abs of his... and that sculpted chest... oh, I cannot wait for this!' I could feel her getting even more... riled up so to speak.

I just stopped talking to her and shut her out. There was no way in hell I was going to think about that right now. Especially not in front of my father.

My heat isn't supposed to be for a week but it seems no one told her that.

"Amber, if you're finished?"

I looked up at him. "Huh?"

"Talking to your wolf?" He asked.

I groaned. "Sorry... this whole thing has Jackie flying off the rails."

He smiled. "Well, your mother just told me that your breakfast is ready."

"Does she need any help?" I asked, happy to change topics.

He shook his head. "I'd keep Alex happy if I were you. It's not often you can find a guy his age that is willing to cook for his mate."

I laughed, starting out the door. "Then I'm even luckier."

~*~

-Alex-

It wasn't long before Amber came back downstairs. Five minutes at the most. She gave me a wide smile as she sat down next to me.

"So what did you talk to your dad about?"

Her smile faltered as she turned red. "Um... well. It may or may not have been something that involves you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Spill it."

She sighed. "I guess I'd better, otherwise it would be mean if I didn't give you a warning."

I shifted so that I faced her completely, putting my form down.

"What is it?"

"My dad said that because of this position you and I are in, that I'll um. Well. Um."

"Amber?"

"Imightactuallybeinheatfasterthanwethought."

I looked at her after a moment, trying to decipher the weird noise she just blurted out. "Okay... not what I saw coming, but okay."

"And it might be long and intense." She said bluntly.

I sighed, leaning back slightly. I watched as she picked at her food.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "With this?"

She just looked at me. "Wait, hold on, you're asking me if I'm okay with this??"

I nodded. "Uh, yeah. 'Cause if it's that bad, I'm probably not going to be able to control Xavier. I feel like he's got me on a leash and not the other way around-"

'I'm not some mutt,' he growled.

"-and I have a hunch that neither one of us are going to make it out if this without losing something."

Her expression was interesting, to say the least. She kept opening and closing her mouth like a fish, not being able to say anything. Finally, it seemed that she was able to say something.

"Okay, fair enough. I'm only asking because if it is bad, I'm going to be a clinging, very emotional, and extremely horny female to say the least."

I laughed. "I think you forgot that I'm still a teenage guy. And the fact that I'm a werewolf will probably make it worse. If anything, it's a gift from God."

"The moon goddess," she said.

"What?"

"Unlike humans, we believe that it was the moon goddess that created us. Long story. And I'm kinda enjoying your cooking to tell it right now."

I smirked. "So you like my cooking, huh?"

Yes, that's what I got out of her two-sentence explanation of what deity she believed in.

"Yes, it's great. But don't let it go to your head."

I just shrugged, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. "Whatever you say, love."

"Are you going to mark me?" Amber asked after a moment of silence.

I looked at her. "I'm sorry, I don't think I follow?"

She sighed. "Ugh, I need to make you some kind of werewolf book for dummies. Marking is what mates do. It shows that they belong to one another as well as increase the bond between the two."

"Huh. Okay, so what do I have to? Bite you?" I joked.

"Basically." She said.

"Wait, what? I was kidding! Do I actually have to bite you?"

She nodded. "There's usually a spot on the neck. It varies between mates, but I think that your wolf would know."

'Do you?' I asked Xavier.

'Do you doubt me?'

I took that as a yes before looking at Amber. "Okay then. I guess that's a yes..."

"You don't seem sure."

"I've never had my girlfriend to say 'bite me' and actually mean it."

She gave me a small look, something that I barely caught.

'She's jealous. You've mentioned that you've had other relationships.' Xavier said.

'Oh... okay. Thanks for the heads up.'

'We can't have you screwing up again, now can we?'

I ignored that comment and took Amber into my arms, kissing her softly. "Hey, you're the only one that matters. You mean more to me than you will ever know."

Her eyes started to tear up, but the smile on her lips stopped me from worrying.

I rested my forehead against hers. "I love you so much, Amber. I don't want you to ever forget that."

"I love you too. And don't worry, I won't." She replied.

I couldn't help the ridiculous grin that spread across my face.

"What are you smiling about?" She asked.

"You said you loved me," I stated.

She just shrugged and rested her head against my chest. "I suppose you've earned that much."

I laughed, pulling her impossibly close. If I did just this much, I couldn't wait to see what I'd get when I was fully forgiven...

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

290K 9.9K 33
Brianna finds herself in a different world and life, where she must guard her precious secret, she is human, a species that werewolves overtook years...
8.6M 220K 48
Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother to her. Right before her first shift, he...
1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...
2.4K 55 12
A 19 year old boy who's been locked up in his house his entire life has been given everything he's ever wanted but his parents don't really love him...