I don't like him

By surfside

Kate Wess lost her virginity at a college party with a guy she didn’t even know. She thought that after that... More

Chapter 1: I feel weird
Chapter 3: Falling in Love
Chapter 4: I do like him
Chapter 5: It was love
Chapter 6: I think it is time
Chapter 7: The End

Chapter 2: Getting Drunk

11.1K 186 25
By surfside

Its 9 p.m. and mom hasn’t arrived yet from work. So I am going to eat. I take my mom’s car and go to Fried Chicken and Fries Rest. This restaurant is my favorite. I mean is so delicious. All they sell is chicken and fries. You can put on the fries whatever you want. I order a chicken sandwich, fries with cheese and a beer. That’s cool too, I know the owner of the store, Jeff.  I’ve known Jeff all my life and he lets me drink beer sometimes. I know Jeff because he dated my mom.  My mom loves to date. Every weekend she has a different date. But she never finds the guy of her dreams. It’s because she is too desperate. I think she’s even on those dating websites.  Anyway, the only thing that I don’t like about this place is that it reminds me of my dad. Every Sunday I came here with my dad. My dad divorced my mom when I was about 8 years old. He promised me that he would visit me every month. The last time I saw him was 5 years ago. He called because he missed me and wanted to see me all grown up. Jerk. He came here, gave me $300 bucks, ate lunch with me and left to Washington because he had work to do. The only reason he left my mom was because he wasn’t ready to have a family. Since the divorce he has married about four women. I can’t stand him.

“Uh, Kate your order is ready”. A man says through the microphone. I take my order and sit on the bar stooI. I start thinking about Tyler. I don’t like him. It’s just he’s nice sometimes and laughs at my lame jokes. But whatever, I know he’s never going to see me as more than a girl he slept with.

“Can I have a burger with fries?” Someone says.

“Yes, would you like it with soda or water?” the employee asks.

“Soda, please” I recognize the voice, I look to my left and it’s Tyler. I can’t believe this. Oh God, the guy is following me. Everywhere I go there he is. He looks at me and says: “Oh Hey”.

“Hi” I say with a grin.

“We have crossed our paths a lot these days, right?” He says and has sip of the soda.

“Yep we have, want some fries?” I say. He nods and takes a couple of fries.

“Um… last time we were together I never finished what I wanted to say to you. Look I know we slept together and I was drunk. I am not much of a party person, I only went to this party because I had a big fight with my girlfriend and wanted to get drunk and forget about everything. So, can we leave this sex thing behind and begin fresh because you are really nice and funny. I’d really like to hang out with you sometime.” He says smiling.

“Yeah that sounds great, cheers” I say and our bottles touch. Well that’s really shitty, he obviously has a girlfriend. Ugh, he only wants to be friends with me… that turned me off real bad.

“Huh, why are you drinking beer?” He asks.

“I know the owner he lets me drink, want one?” He nods. I say to the waiter: “Hey, can you get me two more beers please?” The waiter nods and gets two beers out of the freezer, pops the lit off and puts a lemon on top.

“Well, that’s cool” Tyler says taking a sip of his beer. I take a sip of mine. He is looking at me now. I read on Cosmo that guys love to see girls drink beer. They feel more comfortable if the girl knows how to drink . The baseball game is on. Classic, Red Sox vs. Yankees, my favorite team is the Red Sox.They suck but what the hell.

“Do you like baseball?” I ask Tyler. Wow, this hot guy has just entered the room. He has blue eyes and shiny wavy brown hair. He is smoking hot.

“Yeah, I play baseball. I tried out this year for the baseball team….” I’m not even listening to what Tyler is saying. Oh God he is walking toward us. He’s really tanned, has a sky blue t-shirt that says: Billabong with this super nice jeans and the shoes are Nike. He knows how to dress.

“Hey, guys” the tanned guy is saying Hi to us.

“Hey Joe, what’s up?” Tyler says. Ok, Tyler knows him.

“Nothing much, rematch today at the court, wanna come?” Joe asks. He has a nice jaw, he is looking at me. EW, I have the ugliest cloth in the history of clothing put on today.

“Yeah, sure, I’ll swing by later today.” Tyler says. Tyler’s a jerk; he doesn’t even introduce me to Joe.

“Cool, and who is her?” Joe is talking about me. He wants to know who I am. Marines, ice cubes, telephone, ear, Google, men, rat, helicopter… I start thinking of random words when I’m nervous.

“Oh, yeah sorry; she’s Kate, a friend of mine from school.” Tyler says looking at me.

“Well, nice to meet you Kate, my name is Joe”. Joes says with a big smile. His smile is not that great, is too wide. But he is still really hot. I wanna be his hoe, motherfucka hammer time. Ok, Kate he has to give you his number, act cool.

“Yeah, nice to meet you too Joe” I say with a smile and order three more beers. I wanna get really drunk today, c’mon who doesn’t get drunk on their first day of school? Whatever, Joe and Tyler start talking a lot of shit. I get up and go to the restroom. Shit. I’m getting dizzy. I look at my beer, this is my 4th. I don’t wanna get drunk in a diner.. I take three more beers and put e’m in my purse. I’m so getting out of here. I go to the booth; Joe and Tyler are still talking.

“I’m out” I say to Tyler. I see him a little blurry now. I start walking to the door. Tyler stops me.

“Wait, wait a second. You cannot drive like this. You are really drunk. C’mon I’ll drive you home.” Tyler says. Tyler is so sweet. I want another beer. I take a beer from my purse and take a sip while Tyler says good-bye to Joe. Joe walks towards me and says: “Hey Kate, can you give me your number? I would like to go out with you sometime”. Oh yeah motherfucka, he is asking for my number. Fuck. I don’t remember my number. I am too drunk to remember numbers.

“Sure” I say and start looking to the ceiling.

“Cool” Joe says and stares at me. Oh right, his waiting for me to give him my number. I look at Tyler and tell him: “Ty, can you give him my number, I don’t remember right now.” I say and take another sip of my beer. Tyler says something but I don’t understand him. He gives my number to Joe.Yay! I’m going to make out with Joe in his car (8) (I think in my singing voice). There’s like a blackout in my head because I wake up and Tyler is in my couch, its 2:05 a.m. and I have a beer in my hand. Tyler is shirtless and has a half empty Don Q bottle in his left hand. Did we make out? I don’t think we had sex because I have all my clothing on. We probably didn’t do anything. Something is vibrating. It’s my cell phone. I start looking for it, it keeps vibrating. Found it. Oh God, my head hurts a lot. I cannot keep getting drunk like this. I check my cellphone; the messages are all notification from Facebook. Shit, I uploaded a photo of me and Tyler drinking beer and rum. We have like 200 likes. Every “friend” in my Facebook liked this picture, wtf? The caption of the picture says: O yeuh, getttting drunkkjjjjjh oun theeejgh firsssta day ouf skula.  That’s great; I was so drunk I wrote the caption orthographically wrong. What the caption really says: Oh Yeah, getting drunk on the first day of school. I log out of Facebook and notice I have a text. The text is from mom and it says that she is coming home late because she has work, the usual. Tyler is kind of waking up. I go to the kitchen and get a bottle of water. My mouth is really dry.

-“Oh Shit. Did we get drunk?” Tyler is woken up. He totally has a hangover. He stands up, throws the bottle in the trash and comes to the kitchen. He smiles at me when he sees me at the kitchen. He comes and takes a sip of my bottle of water. Wow, he is really hot; he has this mega 6 pack that is getting me horny. He says: “Good morning darling, did you sleep well?”

-“Hon is two in the morning” I say and look at him in his deep green eyes.

-“Really? Shit. I have to get home.” He says and gives me a kiss. Wait, Tyler is kissing me and it feels great. God, his lips are so smooth. He is putting his hand in my waist. I put my hand in his neck. He is a really good kisser; I forgot that we had sex. His lips and kisses are reminding me of that night. That night that he kind of pushed me into a closet and he took my shirt off.  He lifts me up and puts me in the counter. I wrap my legs around his waist. This is great. My vagina cannot stop vibrating, what the fuck? Vagina control yourself. He is kissing me in the neck now. I start thinking. Are we gonna do it again? His cellphone vibrates. He moves away a little, looks at his cellphone and says: “I have to get home, bye” and kisses me goodbye. I stay on top of the counter, helpless. What happened right now is still processing through my brain. I go to the living room, throw all the bottles to the trash and think more about Tyler. There’s a sound on the door. The door opens, its mom.

“Hi honey, why are you still up?” She says

“I couldn’t sleep well; my head hurts a little bit”. I say and put my hand on my face for dramatic effect.

“Well honey, take and Advil and let’s see if you get better. I am going to sleep, I’m super tired.” My mom says. She looks really exhausted. I go to sleep and when I wake up its 6 a.m. and it smells really good. Mom is probably making breakfast. Well that’s weird, she never cooks. I put on a pair of jeans and my favorite shirt; it’s a ripped shirt that has the cover of the album Abbey Road.I put on my old pair of sneakers, make a high donut in my hair and put some concealer below my eye. I look in the mirror; I look like a hobo/hippy. I go down the stairs and on the table there’s breakfast served. Mom made bacon, scrambled egg, toasted bread, orange juice and waffles, yummy.

“Good Morning Kate” Mom says with a big smile on her face. She seats down on the table and puts the butter down.” Come sit down, let’s eat” She says to me.

“Ok, what’s the special occasion?” I say taking a toasted piece of bread and some bacon.

“Well… I got a promotion! I am boss! I manage the whole building” She says with a big smile on her face. I give her a big hug. I’m really happy for mom. She has been working so hard this last couple of months.

“Mom that’s great.” These waffles are delicious and the toast is so rich in butter.

“Now I don’t have to work so hard. I start working at 9 in the morning and end my shift at 7 p.m. plus I have Saturday and Sunday completely free, maybe I’ll have to make some calls and send some e-mails but I don’t have to go to the office to work on weekends. I’m so excited. Finally I have time for myself and for you. We have time now to do things on the weekends. I mean I know you have things and you’re a teenager that has friends and parties to go to, but we can at least rent movies and have a movie night here at home.

“Mom all of that sounds greats, we can start this weekend. I promise we will do something, even if it is to clean the house or do laundry.” I am so happy for mom; you can see in her face that she is relieved. She has taken about 500 pounds of her back.

“Good” She says still smiling. I look at my watch and its 7:30.

“Shit, I have to go. I am really late for school, bye”. I say and give her a hug. “Have a good day and good luck.” I yell to her and I close the door behind me. Well this morning I am not desperate to get out of my house. I take the bus and arrive late to school. Shit. I go to the office, they give me a late slip and I go to Biology. When I enter the classroom something is weird, everybody is staring at me. I give the slip to the teacher and sit down next to Nicky. Today is… Thursday. Nicky is holding her laugh. This is not funny, why is everybody looking at me weird or laughing? Ding! The photo I posted in Facebook, that’s it. Whatever, the class goes on normally after that. The bell rings, alleluia! I get out of class and go to my locker, Tyler is there. My heart skips a little. I don’t know why but I feel nervous.

I start opening my locker and say to him: “Hey, what’s up?” I take a piece of minty gum and put my biology book in the locker.

“Hey, I think this belongs to you.” He says with a grin. I look down; it’s my bra and shirt from the other night.

“Shit, I forgot about your shirt but you can come to my house later to pick it up”. I say. Wow, I sounded really desperate.

“I can’t today, I have to go pick Erica from the airport, but maybe I can go to your house like at 7.” He says. I knew it, Erica is his girlfriend.  Ugh, Erica is the biggest spoiled bitch in this school. I hate her so much and now I hate her more because she is the girlfriend of Tyler. Tyler the guy I like so much and wanna be with.

“Yeah that sounds good.  Hey can we talk about something?” I say looking down. I wanna know what happened yesterday.

“Yeah, what is it?” Tyler says looking at me in the eye.

“I wanna talk about yesterday. I mean I know I got really drunk. But I don’t remember much of last night. Did we do something?”

“We didn’t fuck, if that’s what you’re asking. But we did make out for a while. We had an awesome time. Well I was drunk too but we did have fun. Ha, I saw the picture of us on Facebook.  If Erica sees that she’s gonna freak.” He says kind of worried. I laugh.

“Huh, so let me get this straight. We made out and we were really drunk… and you have a girlfriend.”

“Yeah I do. But c’mon we were drunk. We weren’t conscious of what we did. I remember almost nothing.”

“Yeah, but do you remember when we were in the kitchen? We made out pretty hard. I don’t know about you but I am pretty conscious of that.” I say with my serious face.

“Well… I have no excuse for that; I do remember every detail of what we did in the kitchen. But it was great; I feel the chemistry we have. I really do.” He says wrapping his hand around my waist. He kisses me real sweet. What? We are in the middle of the hallway and he is kissing me, this cannot be happening. I look around. Of course there’s no one in the hall. I stop him and say: “Look, I really like being with you but you have a girlfriend and I feel weird about it.”

“It’s just I cannot break up with Erica, she is gonna ruin my life.” He says, trying to convince me.

“Then we cannot do this, I feel wrong about it. I have no doubt that we have chemistry but no” I say, take my bag and walk away. I go to Nicky’s locker.

“Hi” I say smiling. I am happy. I know that Tyler has a girlfriend but what happened last night is still in my head and it was great.

“Oh… hey Kate, why are you so happy?” Nicky says putting her books in her looker.

“Umm… nothing, well there is something but I don’t wanna talk about it here”. I say

“Ok than you can tell me later” She says. Nicky is acting weird, something is wrong.

“Nicky, what’s wrong?” I say

“What? Nothing is wrong with me, I’m fine.” She says looking to the floor. I look at her and tell her: “C’mon, tell me what’s wrong?” She closes her locker and says: “It’s just that I’m nervous about the date with Marcus tomorrow. I don’t even know what to wear, I don’t have anything pretty in my closet, and everything is too nerdy looking. I wanna cancel the date. I’ll go tell Marcus that I can’t go on the date. I just don’t wanna make a fool of myself.” She starts walking to Marcus and I stop her and tell her: “Nicky, c’mon you have to go to this date. You have been counting the days for this. What class do we have now?” Nicky is almost crying.

-“drama” she says looking to the floor.

-“That’s great. We can get out of here, go to the mall, and buy a cute outfit for your date” I say smiling. Nicky’s eye lighten up, she is smiling. “What do you think about my brilliant idea?”

-“I think is great but we cannot continue cutting class.” She says.

-“you are so lame” I say in my teasing voice. “Let’s go. I don’t wanna be here and you haven’t cut class this year.”

-“Because it’s the first week of school, but whatever let’s go” She says smiling.

-“Great, we are going first to Forever 21 and no buts.” I am so happy that I don’t have to take drama today; I hate so much that class.

-“Ugh, but I hate Forever 21.It is so big I never find something good enough.” She says while putting some lips gloss on.  Nicky loves to shop but she likes to shop at boutiques. She has lots of money. Both of her parents are lawyers, you can imagine how much many they receive annual. We go to the parking lot and Nicky’s beautiful car is there. She has a pink Volky; the car goes with her perfectly. I get in the car, turn on the radio and put the volume really loud. We are so tacky; we are singing really loud Call Me Maybe. The song is really lame but I love it. I can see that Nicky is more relaxed now. I know she is relaxed when she starts brushing her long blonde hair and sings. Nicky never sings unless she is happy. When we get to the mall we go directly to Forever 21. God! This store is magical, I love it so much.”

“I think I am getting dizzy.” Nicky says exaggerating like always.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Now let’s go to this area”. I say pointing at the area that has lots of shocking color and has many cloths.  I quickly find her like 20 pieces of clothing. “Let’s go try on these clothes.” I think that Nicky’s blood pressure is rising because she is not even talking. After 2 hours of trying and putting cloths we finally found something. Nicky is buying this pretty pink short and tight skirt, a white loose blouse with long sleeves, and a pair of black pumps.  After a long day Nicky drives me home. I am super tired. When I got home I took this really long bath. I put on my hello kitty pajamas and watched some TV. Mom hasn’t come home yet, that’s weird. She told she got off of work at 7 and its 8. She probably had some extra work today. I start watching Wipeout. I love this show because is so funny. I hear a knock on the door. Who the hell comes to visit me at this hour of night? I sound like a 90 year-old woman. I stand up and go to the door. I open the door and look who it is. Tyler is the last person I expected to see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 11.7K 38
What happens when your mum tries hooking you up with a stranger during one night at a hotel? What happens when this boy then moves to your town? What...
197K 8.1K 15
Ethan hasn't been lucky in love, or sex, since his high school relationship fizzled. Now a freshman in college, Ethan is hoping he can find a new boy...
419K 11.7K 35
"So?" He looked confused. "She's y- your-" I gulped. "My what Aurora?!" He exclaimed angrily. I jumped. "Don't raise your voice at me! She's your dau...
92 0 14
Samantha had always been the new girl, moving from place to place as her parents pursued their careers. When she started her senior year at a new sch...