New Girl

By flowerchildDF

"You dropped this." I heard a husky voice say. I turned around to look at what I dropped and realized it was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 21

2.1K 43 12
By flowerchildDF

Forever be my New Girl

We are currently waiting for our food to arrive. We came to Olive Garden since the boys made reservations here. Jess grumbled.

"The pasta isn't going to be as good as yours." She said with a pouty face. They guys and I laughed.

"I should start charging you." I teased.

"I'll pay you if that means you'll be making me pasta every time I ask for it." Jess said.

"Fuck, I'll make you pasta if you pay me." Daniel said to Jess. She scoffed while I smiled amusedly.

"Please, you can barely make chicken noodle soup, what makes you think you can make a simple pasta?" She asked him.

"You can't cook." Chris piped in.

"Yea I can! You've seen me cook before." Daniel stated.

"Yea, it came out burnt." Chris replied.

"Seriously? What's so hard about making chicken noodle soup?" I asked Daniel. He grumbled and glared at all of us.

"It's a good thing I can cook." Jess said patting Daniels head, he rolled his eyes and put his arm around her chair to hug her and give her a kiss. I laughed.

"What are you planning on majoring in Daniel?" I asked curiously.

"Architecture." He shrugged. I awed him.

"You two are so cute." I said looking at Daniel and Chris.

"Why?" Jess asked.

"Chris wants to major in architecture too." I said. I picked up my cup of water and drank some. The food is taking forever to get here!

"Aww." Jess gushed at them. "What do you want to do Mels?" She asked.

"An elementary school teacher, you?" I asked in return. She gasped.

"Aww you two are so cute." Daniel mimicked me. Jess and I glared at him.

"Why?" Chris mimicked Jess while smirking. I gasped and elbowed him in the arm playfully while he laughed at me.

"Because Jessica wants to be an elementary school teacher too!" Daniel shrieked. I laughed at his shriek.

"I do not talk like that." I defended myself.

"Foods here!" Jess stated when she saw the waiter coming. Once the waiter handed us our food she left.

"Dig in 'cause this is all were eating for the night!" Daniel said before he started grubbing on his food. I scoffed. That's a huge lie. He and Chris are going to end up getting something to eat later on. They eat a lot. Jess included.

........

The music was already heard as soon as we entered the front doors of the hotel. It's really pretty, there's this huge chandelier on the ceiling, the hotels colors are all red and gold making it look extremely fancy. About a few yards in front of the entrance doors there are a flight of stairs where we had to go up to, to get to the room the school rented. Chris and I went up hand in hand. There were a few of the school staff outside the doors to collect the prom tickets. Everyone had on their masks, which were all really cool, they each had different designs and colors, we had put on ours outside the hotel.

All the dresses the girls wore were beautiful, there was a mix of each color. The guys looked good too, but they looked no where near as hot as Chris. We entered the room after we handed in our tickets. There were a bunch of round tables around and in the middle was the dance floor filled with students dancing away. I smiled feeling their energy and happiness. It was semi dark, there were about two lights near the corner, along with the lights that the DJ had on. The music was pumping through my arteries and veins making me want to go out and dance, but I held myself back.

"The snacks and drinks are back there and we take the pictures over there through that door." Chris said pointing. I nodded. "You wanna dance?" He asked smiling. I giggled and nodded again, letting him lead the way.

Throughout the night we danced and laughed and danced and laughed and danced some more. The music was awesome, at least I thought it was. The DJ played mostly pumped up music, there were about three slow songs, which Chris and I danced to as well. Around 10 o'clock we decided to go take the pictures so we called Jess and Daniel. We were going to take a group picture and then a separate one.

We went to the back door that Chris pointed to earlier and a lady there asked us to sign this paper asking for our names and what classes we have, that way they can send the pictures to us during school.

"Can I check my phone really quick, please?" I asked Chris. I didn't bring a purse with me, so Chris is carrying my phone and money in his pockets. This way I won't have to worry about carrying my damn purse everywhere. It's annoying, and also disturbing to dance with.

"Yea." He said handing it to me. We stepped aside and waited in line for our picture to be taken. I checked to see if my dad has called me. He wasn't home by the time I left so I'm a tiny bit worried. He told me he'd be home before I left. So Where could he have gone? I didn't receive anything so I sighed and gave Chris back my phone. He kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"Next." The photographer said.

We decided to take the group picture first so we all went forward. The photographer told us all how to pose and then took two pictures making us all blink blinded from the flash. After that Chris and I took a picture together and then Jess and Daniel took a picture.

"Mels come to the bathroom with me please." Jess begged me after they finished taking their picture. I smiled.

"Yea. I'll meet you by the snacks." I told Chris. He nodded and gave me a peck.

"Go with Chris." Jess said to Daniel with a smile. She gave him a peck on the lips and pulled on my hand to follow her. "I have to pee so bad." she said walking quickly to the bathroom. I laughed.

"Why did you hold it?" I asked her.

"Because I was having so much fun!" She said dreamily.

"I know, me too." I smiled. "Everything's so pretty. The decorations they put; all the drapes on the walls and the masks they glued onto them, and the water fountain in the middle of the dance floor is gorgeous." I said thinking about it. "They did a good job decorating." I stated amazed.

"Seriously, I wonder what our theme is going to be for our senior prom." She said when we entered the restroom. She then let go of my wrist and ran to an open stall. I giggled and did the same, although I don't have to pee as badly as she did. "Have you seen Emily?" Jess whispered once we were washing our hands. My heart beat a bit faster at the mention of her name.  I sighed. Chris never mentioned her so I don't know what's been going on. I really doubt he'd do anything with her though. Therefore I have nothing to worry about.

"Nope. And I hope I won't." I said honestly. "I'm having a fun time and I honestly don't need her to ruin it for me." Jess smiled at my response. "Besides, it's hard to find the correct person with everyone having masks on." I said.

"Seriously. She's not worth ruining our night." She said. We went back to the snack table. I saw Chris and instantly jumped on him, clinging onto him from his neck. He smiled.

"Hey beautiful." He said, giving me a peck on the lips. He wrapped his strong muscular arms around my waist and rubbed my back making me get sparks all over my body.

"Hi handsome." I replied with my own smile.

"I love you." He said leaning his forehead onto mine. My smile widened even more and my heart melted at his words.

"I love you too." I said. "Can we go dance some more?" I asked him, pouting. He chuckled and kissed my lips.

"Your wish is my command." He said, letting go of me and bowing. I giggled and curtsied. I intertwined my hand with his and took him back to the dance floor.

After about three or four songs - I lost count - we bumped into Jess and Daniel and we all started dancing together in a small group. We giggled and spun each other around. Daniel and Chris danced hilariously on purpose. They would do the sprinkler, the Macarena, the robot, and the lawnmower. Jess and I were laughing so much our stomachs started hurting. I honestly don't remember any other time I had this much fun.

Around 11:30 pm the same guy that had the party last week went up to the DJ.

"After party at my house!" He yelled on the microphone causing everyone to cheer, Jess and I to laugh, and the school staff to get angry.

"What do you say? After party?" Chris asked me while hugging me from behind. The music stopped because of the school staff and everyone was now talking amongst themselves.

"Yea, I'll just have to call my dad." I replied back. He nodded smiling and kissed the side of my cheek.

"Alright everyone, if you can all take a seat, were going to be showing a video." One of the school teachers announced. Prom was said to be over at 12 AM, so there was about twenty minutes left.

We all took our seats and looked up at the screen projector, waiting for the video to show up. Once it did, it got quiet. There were pictures shown of the students throughout this year, pictures of several athletes that included Daniel and Chris which Jess and I cheered loudly at - and lastly, there were short video clips of teachers that gave some advice to the students and wished them luck, saying they would miss them. It honestly made me want to cry even though it wasn't intended for me. It was really sweet and sad and happy at the same time. Once it ended everyone clapped and cheered. I sighed happily content.

"After party time!" Someone yelled making more cheering erupt.

"Let's go." Chris said to all of us. We nodded and followed after him, getting past the crowd. Who knew all these people attended the school?

"Chris can I get my phone again so I can call my dad, please?" I asked him. He nodded and handed me my phone. I dialed his cell phone and he answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" He asked in a tired voice.

"Hey dad, did I wake you?" I asked feeling guilty.

"No, uh actually, I'm at the hospital." He said making me grow alarmed and worried. My heart starting beating faster.

"What why?! Whats wrong? What happened? Are you ok!?!" I asked shaken making Chris look at me worryingly.

"Nothing's wrong Melody, calm down. It's your aunt." He replied. I felt myself relax. But then I registered what he said.

"Aunt? What aunt? And where??" I don't remember an aunt living in New York. Did he fly back to San Diego?

"Turns out your aunt has been living here in New York for a while, I didn't know because we don't talk a lot. I got a call today in the morning from her daughter, your cousin, telling me that your aunt got in an accident and is in a coma." He said sounding sad. I felt guilty right away. I'm over here at prom having fun while he's in the hospital worried and yet I'm about to ask him if I can go to an after party. I groaned inwardly.

"Is she ok?" I asked praying that the accident wasn't bad. I heard him sigh.

"I don't know, they can't do much anymore, she's been put into a coma, so now it's just all about waiting. I'm about to head home in a while. What did you call me for? Is everything ok?" He asked. I bit my lip and looked back up at Chris to see him still with a worried face, my face must of shown something was wrong. We were already outside the hotel waiting for the valet employers to bring his car.

"Nothing and everything is good. I just wanted to know where you were." I said to him. I am not going to an after party after what he just told me. I heard him laugh tiredly.

"Come on Melody, what is it that you called for?" He asked. I squeezed my eyes shut.

"I changed my mind." I said.

"Melody, you don't have to change your mind if it's because of what I just told you." He said. "Now tell me, what did you call for?" He asked calmly. Just then the employer brought up Chris' car and I got in before I replied back to my dad.

"There's this after party that someone's throwing and I wanted to call you to see if I can go." I said to him giving in while playing with my necklace. "But I feel guilty for asking that now because..." I said not finishing off.

"You don't have to feel guilty Melody, you should have fun and enjoy life while you can." He lectured me. "So go and be careful, make sure there's no drunk driving." He said seriously.

"There won't be and I will don't worry." I replied still feeling iffy about going. And not to mention I got that bad feeling in my stomach again. It's probably because of my aunt - although I've never met her.

"I'll see you at home. If you get there and I'm not there yet, then that means I'm still at the hospital." He said.

"Alright, bye dad. I hope she... Wakes up." I said not sure what exactly to say. I've never met any of my family from my dad's side so it's weird just hearing about them out of nowhere.

"I hope so too. Bye Melody." He said hanging up.

"Everything ok?" Chris asked me once I put my phone on my lap. I bit my lip.

"My dad's sister - my aunt - is in the hospital. That's why he wasn't home earlier." I told him.

"Is she ok?" Jess asked once I finished my sentence.

"Yea - well no - I mean I don't know. She's in a coma so she's good but not good." I replied confused. Is being in a coma a good thing or a bad thing? I mean for one, you're not dead, but then again you're not awake either. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts.

"You ok?" Chris asked me while tightening his hold on my hand with his making me smile.

"Yea." I replied. As long as I'm with him, I'll be perfectly fine.

"Are we still going to the after party?" Daniel asked unsure. They all looked at me while Chris just glanced at me, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Yea." I replied taking a deep breath in. I am not going to be the reason for ruining their night. This night should be about them having fun and celebrating the end of their last year of high school. I put on a real big genuine smile. "And this time, it's Chris' and Daniels turn to get drunk!" I said cheerfully making Jess agree with me.

"Yes! Your bitches' turn to get a hangover!" She said making me laugh.

"I'm ok with that." Daniel said smirking. Chris grimaced.

"I'm not going to drink." He said. I groaned.

"Why not?" I asked. "I can drive back, I'm not going to drink." I explained to him. He shook his head with a serious face so I dropped it for the moment. I'll convince him once we get to the party.

We spent the rest of the car ride talking and goofing around. When we got there, we entered and the setting was the same as it was in the last party I went to; beer pong, dancing, smoking, etc. I looked at that one spot in the dance floor where I saw Drake last time. I shuddered and looked away.

"I'm going to get you guys a drink, come on Jess." I said pulling on her hand to come with me. The guys stayed back, talking to some of the guys here.

"What are we going to get them?" Jess asked excitedly tapping her chin with her forefinger.

I laughed and shook my head, looking at all the drinks in the table. "All I know is that they need to get shitfaced." I replied.

While I was scanning the drinks I felt someones stare on me, making me get this uneasy feeling and grow stiff. I looked around, but found nothing. I sighed. Why am I being so paranoid? Oh right, maybe because I saw Drake here the last time I came? "I'm having that itchy feeling again Jess." I said facing her, this time more worried. She frowned.

"It's probably because of your aunt." She said with a sympathy look. "Or Emily?" She guessed. "I don't know, but you need to get rid of that feeling because if you don't you're not going to have fun. And then tomorrow,  when you see that everything played out perfectly fine you're going to feel like crap for being paranoid." She said. I nodded, she's right.

"You're right." I said shaking my head so the thoughts of my paranoia would go away.

"Alright, now let's make our boys a drink." Jess said now looking at the drinks with a covetous look. I giggled.

"You look like a pedophile with that look." I said to her while grabbing two red cups. She winked at me.

"You love it." She said with a cheesy smile.

"So much." I said sarcastically while laughing. We mixed in some - well more like a lot of liquor with orange juice and then went back to where we left Daniel and Chris. "Drink up." I said to Chris, showing him the cup. He frowned at me.

"I don't think I should drink." He said to me pleadingly. I pouted and frowned.

"Why not?" I asked him, putting the cup down on a piece of furniture that was next to us. He sighed.

"Because I want to make sure you'll be ok." He told me. I smiled thankfully at him.

"I'm perfectly fine, so don't worry about me. I want you to have fun." I said putting my hands on his cheeks. "Now drink! It's the after party, don't be a buzz kill." I lectured him, smirking at the end. I grabbed the cup and handed it to him. He sighed giving in. Before he grabbed the cup, he bent down a bit to kiss my lips. I smiled and put my arms around his neck, making the kiss a tiny bit longer, wanting to feel his tongue. After I pulled away, I nodded towards the cup signaling for him to drink up. He chuckled and drank. "Finally!" I said laughing. When he pulled the cup away he grimaced and shook his head.

"Ah, you put too much liquor." He said. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing.

"Oops." I said innocently. He laughed at me and shook his head.

"If you think this is going to get me beyond drunk, you're wrong beautiful. I'm no lightweight." He said to me.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see." I winked. He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder, taking me towards Jess and Daniel.

"Does your cup have a lot of liquor as well?" Daniel asked Chris.

"Yup." Chris said smirking.

"It was an accident." Jess said innocently too making me laugh. Daniel rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure it was, baby girl." He said sarcastically. "You wanna go get a beer?" Daniel asked Chris making me look at him with agape eyes. "But this time we'll go because I honestly don't trust Thumper and Bambi over here." Daniel said pointing two fingers at Jess and I. I smirked when he pointed his finger towards me, I was about to bite it like I did the last time, but he pulled away abruptly. "Not this time Thumper." He said to me making us all laugh.

"By all means, be our guest." I said making them chuckle and start walking towards the table while Jess and I stayed put.

"How many drinks do you think it'll take them to get drunk?" Jess asked me.

"Who knows, they aren't lightweights so it's going to take a lot more drinks for them to get drunk." I said. She nodded before smirking.

"You're not planning on taking advantage of Chris are you?" She asked mischievously. I blushed and gave a laugh.

"Not completely. Besides, I won't make him do something he doesn't want to do." I said. She laughed.

We continued talking for about five minutes with no sign of the guys showing up making me worry. "Where are they? They've taken a while already." I said grimacing.

"Melody you're being paranoid again." Jess said groaning and throwing her head back. I grumbled. "I'm pretty sure they just got held back by some friends." She said. I sighed nodding my head. Duh. Why didn't I think of that? "Lover boy will be here any minute." She continued.

"I'm gonna go get some water." I told her. She glared at me.

"No you're not, you're going to go check on them." She accused.

"Ok fine, yes. BUT," I said "I'm also thirsty." She chuckled at me and waved me off.

"Fine go." She said. I smiled and made my way to the table. Once I got there I didn't see Chris nor Daniel. I sighed. They probably went back already. I opened the ice cooler to get a water bottle. I closed it and got back up, making me instantly regret it.

Going up the stairs I saw Chris dragging Emily up by her hand. She had a giddy Smile on her face whereas Chris had a focused look. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. My breath was knocked out of me as if someone socked me in my stomach. A huge knot started forming in my throat.

He is sleeping with her. A tear fell and I quickly wiped it off. How dare he!? I dropped the water bottle forgetting about my thirst and walked quickly towards the front door making my escape, feeling utterly useless and insecure. I made sure no other tears fell, no matter how badly I wanted to scream and cry at the pain, I didn't want anyone to see me like this. Once I made it outside I felt myself break and I started balling my eyes out. No one paid any attention towards me, they were all probably drunk already. I kept walking, at least I think I was walking. I felt completely numb. How could he do this to me? I thought he loved me... I thought... I sobbed even more. I was so stupid! I took in a deep breath. Did he forget all about me? He was just with me. How many times has this happened? He'd probably get his screw on then he'd go back to me. I gagged. My make up was most likely smeared all over, but I honestly didn't care right now. The guy I love with all my heart, the only guy I've learned to love cheated on me. No wonder he didn't want me. I knew Emily was much better than me. He's no better than Drake.

I stopped walking once I was about two houses away and fell to the floor on my knees. I put my hand on my heart to try and take the pain away, but it was impossible. This ache! I want it to stop. It's as if someone tore off a big chunk of my heart. There's a huge hole missing and the only person that could fix it is in bed with another girl. I sobbed.

"Right where I wanted you to be." His voice said making me instantly stop crying. My heart stilled. No. No. No. No. Wait, right where he wanted me to be? "I told you we'd see each other again soon." He said making me get goosebumps. I swallowed and looked back seeing him standing there smirking. I got up shakily and took a step back. "How is it that you manage to still look breathtaking after you've cried your eyes out?" He asked. I gritted my teeth together feeling disgusted after he complimented me. He sighed. "I told you he was sleeping with Emily." He stated, shaking his head at me disappointingly. Wait how did he know I was crying about that? Unless... "It's sad that you didn't want to believe me." He said. That's when all the puzzle pieces got put together making me gasp. They planned this.

"That was all an act." I whispered to myself. I'm so stupid! Emily has been working with Drake. They've been trying to get Chris and I to break up for the longest time already. Chris never cheated on me, she just made it seem as if Chris was cheating on me by taking her upstairs. But how? How did they do it?? The hole in my heart was no longer there, but it was now clouded with fear. I'm so stupid.

They had planned all of this, they knew I would run away and end up here. Once I was finished putting all of this together I touched the front of my thigh to get my phone out, but I then remembered I was still in my dress and Chris has my phone. I gulped. My heart started racing even faster. Drake chuckled darkly.

"I see by the look on your face that you figured it out." He smirked. "You know, I thought you were smarter than this. I thought you'd figure it out earlier new girl." He said making me get the chills with that nickname of his. I glared at him.

"I'm not the new girl anymore." I said back to him darkly and irritated. He laughed.

"You will forever be my new girl." He said starting to walk towards me making my heart beat erotically. I gasped and turned away to run, but with the mermaid dress on and the heels that I have, I got nowhere. In no time, Drake had his arms wrapped around my waist. I screamed out for help making him use his free hand to cover my mouth. I started thrashing around. I was scared out of my mind. Tears started falling again. Chris!!! Chris help me please, I prayed in my head.

I bit hard on his hand making him yell out in pain and let go of me for a second. But before I could take a step he had his arms around me again. "Shut up!" He yelled at me, now pointing a pocket knife near my neck. I gulped and closed my eyes, letting more tears fall. He dragged me towards the house that we were in front of. It had a 'for sale' sign in the front lawn. "Good girl." He said next to my ear making me cringe. I'm scared out of my mind. He opened the door and threw me inside making me fall. I put both hands on the floor to avoid me hitting my face against it. I sat up straight looking back at him and then outside the door.

"Help!" I yelled again from the ground before he closed it. He slammed the door shut and slapped me using the back of his hand. I felt my right cheek sting at the contact.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, new girl. You choose." He said making me back away from him. I crawled back using my hands and feet, my butt stayed on the ground the whole time. I didn't get far before my back hit a wall. I got up, keeping an eye on him. The house was completely empty.

He was staring at the knife, twirling it around with his right hand. "What to do with you." He mused. A whimper escaped my mouth making his attention turn back to me. "Don't worry new girl, I won't use this knife on you - unless you're being a bad girl." He said smirking. I swallowed and looked at the door. I need to try and make an escape and go running back to the party to find Chris. "Then again, you've always been a bad girl haven't you?" He mused, beginning to look angry. Tears started falling. "I can only imagine what you'd feel like underneath me." He licked his lips making me sob.

Chris has to realize I'm not there. That I'm missing. But he's with Emily, that condescending manipulative bitch... But not Jess and Daniel! They have to notice I've gone missing. I sniffed and looked back at Drake. He started walking towards me again making me gasp and start breathing faster.  "Sh." He said. Once he was In front of me I backed away from him making me almost become one with the wall. He stroked my cheek making me flinch. He glared at that. "Don't flinch away from me!" He yelled making me shut my eyes. "If you obey me, I won't be hard on you. In fact, once we're done you'll be begging me for more." He whispered in my ear making me sob. I shook my head opening my eyes. I felt my whole body trembling. "Chris deserves this." He muttered.

"Please don't." I managed to say making him cover my mouth with his hand. I closed my eyes again. He let go after a few seconds and started kissing my neck making me want to throw up. Silent tears made their way out. I felt violated and disgusted on so many levels. I wanted to knee him, but the tight dress prevented me from doing so. He dropped me to the ground making me yell. He stood above me with a cynical smile. I tried backing away, but he got a hold of the bottom of my dress. My feet thrashed.

"You bitch." He said, getting his pocket knife out again. I stilled. He chuckled. "Be a good girl." He said. He dragged the pocket knife to the bottom of my dress and began cutting it. I gasped. No no no no.

"No please." I begged again. I stayed frozen. I couldn't do anything. He had a knife. I was useless. I whimpered. He cut my dress all the way up to my mid thigh. The fabric being torn was heard. I sobbed and closed my eyes. He trailed up my legs with the knife making me stop breathing. He continued going up reaching my thighs.

"Do you know all the trouble Chris has caused because of the fucking divorce?" He asked bitterly. I trembled. It's not my fault. It's not Chris' fault. Why am I being punished? Why? He laughed cynically. "You two deserve everything that's coming." He said before he put more pressure on the knife inside my thigh. I screamed from the pain. Feeling the knife cut me. "Shut the fuck up." He said grabbing a fist full of my hair and slamming it onto the ground. I saw stars cloud my vision.

"Melody!" I heard Chris yell from outside making me gasp. I opened my eyes and looked at the door.

"Chris! Help me!" I yelled making Drake angry. I need Chris right now! Drake swung his fist at me. I sobbed feeling my cheek throb.

"I told you to shut the fuck up!" He whisper yelled. I grunted. I tried to regain my breath that was knocked out of me. I looked back up to see Drake standing peeking through the window. My eyes widened at the opening I had.

"Melody! Where are you!?" I heard Chris yell from outside again, but this time his voice sounded closer. I decided to risk it and yell again.

"Chris help!" I yelled and made my way around Drake to get to the door, I was able to unlock it before Drake grabbed my arm and threw me back. Luckily, he didn't see that I unlocked the door.

"You're stupid for doing that." He said angry. He grabbed ahold of my shoulder and pulled me up harshly. I grimaced at his hold on me, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have bruises all over my body. He's grabbing me like a rag doll.

"Melody!" I heard Chris yell outside the house. I was about to yell out when I felt Drake sock me in the stomach. I gasped and gritted my teeth. But then I felt something sharper on my stomach, I looked down and realized he didn't sock me, he stabbed me with the pocket knife. I let out a piercing scream when he took it out.  His face grew more angry that I screamed and so he socked me causing me to fall. I yelped. That's when I saw the front door burst open with Chris, Daniel, and Jess. Drake pulled the pocket knife out and was about to stab me again when Chris pulled him back. I coughed, but I stopped since it made my stomach hurt. I yelled out and gasped for air instead. I squeezed my eyelids shut and gritted my teeth. The pain was excruciating! I was laying on my right side while my hands were covering my stomach. I grunted more.

"Melody! Oh my god. Hold on, I called the police already, they're on their way. Just stay with me hold on!" I heard Jess say. I opened my eyes to see her kneeling down next to me, crying. I shivered.

"It's cold." I said, and coughed a bit more making me whimper. "It hurts." I said raspy. I moved to lay on my back. I hissed at the pain.

"Oh god, you're bleeding a lot." Jess said sobbing more. I kept my eyes on her, not being able to pay attention to anything else. Everything was starting to get blurry and fuzzy. My eyelids started closing. "No! Don't you dare close those eyes!" Jess yelled at me.

"Melody!" I heard his voice yell making me smile a bit despite the pain I felt everywhere. "Mels." I heard him say, his voice was closer now. I opened my eyes and looked towards my left to see him on his knees as well looking at me with tearful eyes. "You're going to be ok." He whispered. "I'm sorry." He said, tears falling. I saw him take off his coat.

"It hurts." I said whimpering.

"I know, the ambulance is on their way. Just hold on for a few minutes." He said taking ahold of my hand. While he used his other hand to put the coat onto my stomach. "I need to add pressure to your stomach to stop the bleeding." Chris said warning me in a desperate tone. I let out a yell when he applied the pressure. Fuck it hurts.

"You're warm." I said in pants, my voice still raspy. He bent down and kissed my forehead. That's when I heard the faint noise of an ambulance. He held onto my hand tighter. I groaned at the pain I felt again in my stomach. Chris' eyes widened in alarm. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. But I didn't dare close them. I knew what would happen if I closed them. And Chris didn't want that.

I also told my dad I'd be home, and I will commit to what I told him. "They're here." Chris said looking a bit more calm, but still tense and alarmed.

"Don't leave me." I said to him getting scared and moving a bit making my stomach scream out in pain. I yelled.

"I won't. I promise. Don't move." Chris said determinedly. I felt more tears fall. Chris wiped them off. I gasped a bit at the reminder of Drake.

"D-drake." I stuttered his name, scared.

"Sh. Don't worry about him. He won't go anywhere near you again." Chris said with a deathly look in his eyes. The paramedics and EMT's then came and picked me up putting me on the stretcher. I yelled when they moved me, once they put me on the cart I closed my eyes figuring it was ok to do so now. "Melody keep your eyes open!" Chris yelled alarmed. I struggled to open them back up, but I managed. He let out a breath. They put me inside the ambulance, Chris entering as well.

"She's losing a lot of blood. She's going into hypovolemic shock." I heard a paramedic say.

Everything was getting more fuzzier and blurry.

"Melody!" I heard Chris' frantic voice. "Melody!" I heard him yell again, but it was far more distant now. I wasn't able to control it this time. My eyes closed making me fall into complete darkness. I only prayed I would get to see Chris' gorgeous eyes again and feel his warm lips on mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 20 21
COMPLETED!!! here's a snip bit ! "Hey Belle" he said with a cheeky smile. I look up and give him the fakest smile i can put on "did my constant haras...
414K 17.6K 75
The corner of his mouth tilts upward slightly. I smile again. A smile!? A tiny one, but still. "Hm. So I got you to smile, that's progress, yeah? Can...
1.2K 623 44
"I don't care if you do proms or not. I'm not missing my last high school prom. You're going to prom with me and that's a period," I said in a final...
498K 10.6K 31
"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place to meet your student." "Which is true."...