After The Always - Sequel to...

By MidnightSnow1

(If you haven't read The One and Only Real please read that before this) We all know that the end of Mocking... More

After The Always - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chaper 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
SEQUEL NEWS!!
Thank You

Chapter 17

6.9K 192 49
By MidnightSnow1

Peeta's POV

We have been married for just over 7 years and we are loving it.
Even though flashbacks and nightmares stand in our way, our life is great.

I'm going to ask her.
I haven't asked for 4 years now, so I should check if she's changed her mind.

"Katniss?" I ask my wife, looking at her lying figure beside me in our bed.

"Yeah?" She replies, tilting her head up slowly.

I turn so I am face on to her and place a hand on the side of her waist.
I silently take a deep breath and look into her eyes.

"Do you want to do it?" I say, a little rushed.

Maybe not too rushed as Katniss seems to pick up my question. "Do what?" My wife looks at me confused.

"Have, kids?" I answer slowly and with pauses.

Katniss eyes trail down to where my hand is once I said the word.
After a whole, she lets me know.

"Maybe Peeta."

A rush of relief floods over me. Her mind has changed. It could happen soon.

"Don't get your hopes up just yet baby. Just let me think about it." She adds and some of the relief seems to vanish.

"Oh. That's fine." I say out loud when I wanted it to be in my head. Oops.

Katniss looks at her stomach and places a couple of fingers on briefly before taking them off.
"I'm sorry if I've disappointed you Peeta but I'm not ready. Just yet." Katniss states and I nod and her before kissing her forehead.

"It's fine." I answer and wrap my arms around her in a hug.

She snuggles her head into my chest and mine goes into her hair.
I stroke the bottom of her head and kiss her head, multiple times.

Soon it gets comforting and both of us find sleep.

Someway, somehow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 120 25
It's been 3 years after the war, Peeta and Katniss are dating. Peeta wants kids but Katniss doesn't. Will Katniss cave and give Peeta his dream that...
12.6K 234 41
This Story takes place after mocking jay, but before the epilogue. Its the story of how Peeta and Katniss grew back together after the war. I will t...
8.3K 206 17
My own Mockingjay post book Katniss has been slowly losing herself. Along with a lot of people after the war. She isolates herself and neglects every...
46.5K 1.5K 29
***COMPLETED*** This story is about the life of Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark after they won the war. How will their lives continue? Will they s...