RWBY: Pale Heart

Von LVonarch

(F/N) Light was by all accounts a smart kid, he was good at understanding how things worked but when it came... Mehr

Chapter 1: Peers
Chapter 2: First Day Blues
Chapter 3: Short Stay
Chapter 4: My Haven
Chapter 5: Jaded
Chapter 6: Going Downhill
Chapter 7: Et Moriar
Chapter 8: With Friends Like These
Chapter 9: To Set The Stone
Chapter 10: Close Calls
Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder
Chapter 12: Fail, Fall, And Fate
Chapter 14: All Things Must Die
Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die
Chapter 16: In The Beginning
Chapter 17: Passengers
Chapter 18: Grimm On A Train
Chapter 19: Cold Welcome
Chapter 20: Bergwerk
Chapter 21: Actions Speak
Chapter 22: Snow And Sand
Chapter 23: Hello Red
Chapter 24: The Darkness Inside

Chapter 13: Plucking Feathers

4.3K 135 57
Von LVonarch

(F/N) POV

Feeling the wind rush by me like I had never felt it before, if someone told me a year ago that I'd be riding a flying dragon and hunting someone down, I would have laughed at them. Speaking of dragon, calling him dragon was getting old, and since he was my literal ride to revenge I thought I'd give him a name as thanks, I mean it's not like there is a lot you can give a dragon as a gift. He did seem happy just to be summoned, but he still accepted the name Drag, even if it wasn't that original.

(F/N): "We should be nearing the location."

Drag: "What is your command my lord?"

(F/N): "Let's teach the bandits manners and knock before we burn them to the ground."

Drag: "As you wish."

He begins to descend and lands a few miles away from the camp, the walk was actually nice, peaceful even, to think the forest area would be up in flames in a few moments. When I finally approached the wooden gate of the tribe, the guards aimed at me, but once they realized Drag was behind me they ran inside like cowards. I ordered Drag to 'knock', the result was the destruction of the gate, I casually walked in with my weapon active, one move and I could kill any of them. Though Drag probably struck too much fear in them for anyone to move, but there was one, out of a large tent stepped out their leader.

(F/N): "Raven Branwen. How has it been? Yang's doing fine if you care to know, I hope I'm wrong though." My comment about Yang earned me a look at her face as she took off her mask.

Raven: "I don't believe I caught your name."

(F/N): "Oh don't worry about that... it will be etched into your flesh soon enough."

I snapped my fingers, Drag took the signal and let out a flaming breath, any shot from her people was blocked by the nanobots making shields around me. Raven could see it in my eyes, the way I walked, the way my weapon worked, if she attacks she'll be at my mercy, if she runs I'll find her. Like a fool one of her lackeys rushed me, Vernal was the name Raven yelled, to make my point I started with her. The nanobots had her gripped by her wrist and ankles, creating a knife in hand I started skinning her, taunting the others with each cut I took off the poor girl.

When I saw Raven slash the air and create a red portal I rushed after her, within the range I had the nanobots grab her before she could escape. She wasn't going to run this time, no speed, no strength, nor acts of cunning were going to beat me. Restrained, I had her watch as Drag burned her people while I recounted all that happened to me after we first met, especially how kind Salem was to give me her location. I started to laugh as her serious eyes started to express fear, she was at the mercy of someone stronger than her.

(F/N): "So where shall we begin, oh I know!"

I break a finger from her sword-arm and continue one at a time before taking a serrated knife and slowly cutting each broken finger off. Once her whole hand was off I started removing the flesh of her sword-arm, completely ignoring Drag's progress. I took my time and used her flesh, along with the flesh of that Vernal girl, and used them both in a stew, which was force fed down her throat, she looked as though she wanted to vomit. Taking a blade from her revolver of a sheathe, I heat it in a nearby fire, the ones Drag was nice enough to make, with the heated blade I gentle slide it down her sword-arm, she failed to hold back her cry.

As promised I reheated the blade and carved my initials into her stomach, before the blade started to cool I attempted to cut off her sword-arm, intentionally not using enough strength. The heated blade was now lodged into her shoulder, scorching her nerves, earning cries of pain from her, I started to laugh more and more. I started sawing her arm off with the blade, once it was done I throw the blade to the side and looked to see how Drag was doing. The fire had spread to the forest, the people that were clinging to life were watching what I was doing to their leader, Drag was sitting patiently for me, I looked back to Raven.

(F/N): "Do you like your people slowly roasted or deep fried?"

Raven: "Fuck you!"

(F/N): "Now that's just uncalled for, wait." I start laughing. "I guess that is called for."

Raven: "When I get free from this I'm going to kill you."

(F/N): "Oh? And how are you going to do that? Please enlighten me."

Raven: "I'll find a way." I could hear the hatred in her voice, it was like mine when I spoke of her.

(F/N): "Well, I will tell you this, you will be set free once I'm down with you."

Raven: "Why should I believe that? You're just trying to give me some hope to then take it away."

(F/N): "No actually, thank your daughter and her friends for that, because if they never crossed me I'd never need you as an example."

Raven: "What?" I grab her harshly by her hair and move in closely.

(F/N): "I'm done with women like you, so you'll be an example for them all."

With the use of the Cell I crush and break every possible bone in her body, after that I let her aura restore to help her heal, we spend days at the remains of her camp. For food I forced her to eat the flesh of her people, while I had Drag hunt beast for me, it was all going well, but all good things have to reach their end. I went over to her blade and picked it up, letting her take the blade she ran like a coward through one of her portals.

Drag: "My lord, all of this just to let her go?"

(F/N): "Oh we'll cross paths again. Next time she'll have more hope, maybe even be better than she was before, and when I get a hold of her." I start laughing like a madman. "I'm going to enjoy destroying it all again!"

Drag: "I see... my lord?" I stop laughing and face him.

(F/N): "What is it?"

Drag: "What now until then?"

(F/N): "Huh?"

Drag: "What will you do now until you meet her again?"

(F/N): "Um... ah... good question... hmm..."

Drag: "Do you have an idea?"

(F/N): "Give me an minute!"

Drag: "Sorry my lord."

(F/N): "It's fine, you did nothing wrong." I look up to the sky. "Well, I still have to kill Ozpin, if I find Ruby I'll no doubt find him."

Drag: "Is she important to him?"

(F/N): "Those silver eyes are." I nod my head. "Yes, that's what we'll do. Drag we're heading for Patch."

Drag: "Where would that be my lord?"

(F/N): "An island off the coast of the city of Vale, well, former city."

Ruby POV

It's been some time since Beacon fell, after (F/N) let me go I could hardly keep up with my uncle, he had to carry me back home. When I woke up I was in bed, hoping it had been just a dream, but when my father came in and we started talking, I learned that it wasn't a dream, the city and academy are still filled with Grimm. When I got out of bed that day I saw Yang, her right arm still gone along with her usual personality, I couldn't blame her, but I wanted to get her back to normal and I tried to cheer her up but it didn't work.

Ozpin and Qrow were talking in the living room, a lot of people that were evacuated ended up on Patch so him and Goodwitch had been over seeing things. One day Qrow and I talked, he dropped a hint that the people responsible had a trail back to Haven, I got in touch with Jaune and the others and told them about it. Once everything was set I left a note for dad and Yang, but just as we were about to leave a red portal opened in front of the house, we were ready to fight when she stepped out.

Raven: "Get Qrow." Her right arm was missing, she looked like she had been thrown into fire. Dirt, blood stains, and wounds covered her ragged clothes.

Ruby: "Jaune find Qrow, Ren and Nora get her inside, I'll get the first aid and clothes." Jaune ran into town to get Qrow, Ren and Nora helped her up while I went into the kitchen to find the first aid kit to clean her wounds.

Nora: "Ruby!" I ran into the living room.

Ruby: "What?!"

Nora: "Look." Covering her stomach were (F/N)'s initials, around it was his name gracefully carved several times.

Raven: "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to hand over that kit?" She sounded angry, really really angry, so I did as she said and gave her the kit.

Yang: "Mom?" We all looked at the staircase.

Raven: "Now is not the time for a reunion." With her only hand she started to try and clean her wounds, reluctant to take help from Ren. "Where is Ozpin?"

Nora: "Why do you-"

Raven: "Because I have a few people to blame for this!" She points to her missing arm. "That bastard..." She looks at Yang. "What exactly did you do to piss him off so much?"

Yang didn't say anything and just went back upstairs, Raven said something quietly and later when her aura restored she showed herself to the shower. She said her wounds would be fine, while she was in her shower dad, Qrow, and Ozpin arrived, after they asked what happened we all waited for Raven to come out. She walked downstairs in a bathrobe, Qrow got up and asked if she was okay, she looked annoyed by his concern.

Tai: "Raven-"

Raven: "Shut it." She walked over to me. "Tell me everything."

Ruby: "W-what?

Raven: "I need to know everything about (F/N) if I'm going to kill him."

Qrow: "Raven." Now they both looked annoyed, I don't think I can remember a time I saw uncle Qrow so bothered. "We can see what he did to you, so we get why you're-"

Raven: "No you don't!" Her voice was extremely loud. "You don't see the burning ashes he had me sleep in, you don't see the human flesh he made me eat! My own arm! Vernal! He made a fucking blanket from their skins! You do see that?!" She started breathing heavily, I can't believe that it was (F/N) she was talking about, I didn't want to.

Tai: "God."

Raven: "Every time he broke all of my bones he'd etch his name into my skin, do you want to guess how many times? How covered my body is just so he could send a message to all of you? He was running out of room so he started just using his initials" She turned back to me. "You will tell me everything."

Ozpin: "More importantly, where is he now?"

Raven: "Still there, returning to Salem, I don't know."

Ozpin: "This is worrying." She went over and struck Ozpin.

Tai: "Raven!"

Raven: "He told me about how he got into Beacon, you'll do anything to beat Salem won't you?"

Ozpin: "His weapon could have given us the edge we needed."

Raven: "I told you." She looks at dad and Qrow. "I told you both following Ozpin would lead to destruction."

Qrow: "Oh, and killing innocent people helps how exactly?!"

Raven: "They would have died anyway! I only-" A loud shot was heard, Yang was standing at the staircase with one of her gauntlets on.

Yang: "Can you all just shut up?!"

Third Person POV

After Yang's outburst things quieted down, she sat in with the others as Raven recounted what happened, while Ozpin brought up what to do next, Ruby was trying to come to terms that the same (F/N) she knew committed such horrible acts. Later, Raven mostly kept to herself and tried to practice her swordplay with her left arm despite the suggestions about her getting rest. They did manage to get her to go inside for dinner with everyone, in the middle of their meal the ground shook, running outside they were met with Drag and (F/N), who sat atop the dragon's head.

(F/N): "Yo, how's my favorite victim?" He said with an evil smile, the former students were about to attack when Qrow stepped forward.

Qrow: "Why are you here?"

(F/N): "Oh I was just looking for Ozpin, but seeing Raven is a pleasant surprise. How are your scars Raven? Permanent I hope." He starts to laugh.

Qrow: "He's not here, but If you're looking for a fight, know that this time you won't be fighting bandits."

(F/N): "Meh, I'll kill you some other time, if he's not here then I have somewhere else to go, but before that." He eyes down Ruby. "I just want to instill this fearful fact into your heads, next time we meet you will die." I look them over one more time and notice Yang's missing arm, I can't help but snicker. "I see you and your mom are matching, would you also like-"

I was interrupted by a Seer Grimm that floated up next to me, without another word to them I ordered Drag to take me back to Salem. Watts discovered something that required all of us to meet, I was caught off guard by what Salem said, I questioned if it was true at the same time it brought questions to mind. When I arrived and took my seat it was only Watts and I, it was quiet for a time till I asked him if he was certain, he stated he was, that Iris is a spy for Ozpin.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

326K 4.3K 20
You were a huntsman-in-training and went to the infamous Beacon Academy. You were strong on your own, and you led a strong team with teammates who co...
346K 8.5K 46
(F/N) (L/N) is said to be old as Remnant itself, that is if you believe him and look passed his ten-year-old appearance. Truth is, he had his powers...
116K 1.2K 16
Y/n has spent all of his life being treated like worthless trash, barely worth the oxygen he breathes. But after escaping an abusive home Y/n finds h...
206K 2.3K 39
(F/n) was a teen that ran away from the orphanage that he grew up in and lived a carefree live in a ruined parts of Vale. But he started to change wh...