Found Alpha Eyes Book Three (...

By KatieCow

Bryn and Lane had been through just about everything. They thought they had lost each other and their pup, bu... More

Chapter One: Family
Chapter Two: Date Night
Chapter Three: Lose of Control
Chapter Four: A Night to Drink too

Chapter Five: Playing with Humans.

55 3 1
By KatieCow

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post the next chapter. My summer has been very busy and sadly I've mostly been working on another story but I will finsih this story. I love Bryn and Lane too much not to. So please bare with me and my slowness. Thank you!!!

***************************************************************************************

“Holy son of a bitch,” Lane groaned, waking me. “What the hell was I thinking?” He rolled over into his pillow and groaned.

            I chuckled. “I think you were thinking maybe if you got drunk you could act like a typical mate instead of an Alpha.” I rubbed his back.

            “Yeah that’s not happening again,” he said with slew of cuss words came out of his mouth afterwards.

            Rolling my eyes I reached in the bedside table and grabbed a painkiller and handed it to Lane. “Oh stop being a baby.”

            “Have you ever had a hangover?”

            I laughed. “Umm no. How many times have you seen me drink? I barely ever drink but when I do I make sure to drink lots of water. Besides it doesn’t take much to get me drunk.” Pulling him to my lap I massaged his head and looked around the room.

            Since I had moved in I put my own touches. The walls were now a soft cream color with navy blue drapes. A small seat bench sat at the foot of the bed while the bedspread matched the drapes. The tv and dresser still took up the wall across the bed but we barely used it. When we were in the room we were either sleeping or other things.

            A bookshelf was next to the big windows and on it were some of my favorite books along with pictures and other keepsakes. My favorite was a picture Kylee had taken on Lane and mine first date. We were wrapped up in each other looking as if we were the only thing in the world. But for some strange reason my favorite thing about the picture wasn’t the way Lane was looking at me but our eyes. They were still the eyes we were born with. Even though I loved Lane’s eyes now I would never forget the gray/green stormy eyes he had. They were so sexy just thinking about them was enough for me.

            “You know you had beautiful eyes too,” Lane said following my gaze to the picture.

            “Had?” I teased. “I still do.”

            “They’re like looking into the sun itself.”

            An idea came to me. “Lane what if my eyes are gold because humans base their world around the sun and yours are silver because we go by the moon? You always say mine are like the sun and yours are like the moon.”

            He shrugged. “That would explain why you have your powers over humans and mine over wolves. Well I’m gonna go get a shower. I smell disgusting.” He kissed me before going to get in the shower.

            I went down to start some breakfast. Emily still had the boys so I sat down at the bar and looked over some of our mail. Nothing new till I saw one from a traveling agency. Curiously I opened it up.

            Somehow Lane had planned a trip for us to go to Hawaii and it was a list of our activates he scheduled. I didn’t know if I was more impressed that he did this or him keeping it a secret from me.

            “So what do you think?” Lane was standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets. He wasn’t wearing a shirt or shoes and somehow it was my favorite way to see him. His hair was still wet as his eyes read my every motioned.

            I broke out in a smile. “Is this your idea of our honeymoon?”

            He chuckled. “Maybe. I just thought after what happened you and I could get out of here for a few days. I figured it would be nice to be free of the pack and our problems for a bit. Most mates get to go have a little honeymoon but we never did.”

            “What about the boys?”

            “We can bring them or let Mom watch them.” He came to me and cupped my cheeks. “I want you to be able to relax and be young again.”

            I rolled my eyes but lightly kissed him. “I would love to go but you know I barely ever act my age. We both know I acted older than you. Speaking of which your birthday is coming up. What do you want?”

            “To take my mate to Hawaii and see her in a little bikini.”

            “That doesn’t count.” I moved to poor him coffee. “You planned that trip and knew about it. That can’t be a present. A present is supposed to be special.”

            Lane chuckled. “Love you’ve already given me everything I wanted in life a more. I don’t need anything else from you.” He took his cup of coffee. “Don’t worry about it.”

            “Well that’s easier said than done. You treated me like a princess for my birthday and I can’t think of anything to do for you.” I pouted for a moment but then got an idea.

            Seeing my face change Lane raised an eyebrow. “What?” But I shook my head. He tried to read my mind but I put that thought in a safe, locked it, and threw away the key. When he accepted I wouldn’t tell him he gave up.

            After we said our goodbyes I went up to get ready. I showered and wiped the mirror of steam and sighed. Even after all this time my eyes still surprised me. They truly were as gold as the sun. By far from human but then again I wasn’t just a human. I was a powerful she-wolf descended of the first wolf. Power ran through my veins.

            Closing my eyes I focused on that power and wondered when my last run was. With the boys I was so busy but now was my perfect chance. “Hey Alex I’m gonna go for a run so you can come over in about an hour,” I said through the pack link.

            “I’m already here and you know Lane doesn’t like you going alone,” he replied.

            I rolled my eyes but made my way back downstairs where Alex was waiting with an annoyed look. I had to fight to roll my eyes again. “Don’t try to act like the proud protective big brother on me now. I’m so not putting up with that bull crap.”

            Alex and I were only half-siblings. Our mother had been raped by the Grayen’s Beta and had Alex. It hadn’t been till Richard, her brother and Alpha, told her that the child hadn’t lived that she ran away and found my father and had me. Sadly without a mother and being born of rape no one really looked after him. We had a great aunt and uncle but they were too old to really do much good for Alex.

We hadn’t met till I moved to the Moonlight pack and since then we had been trying to build a good relationship to which we had. Alex had even given up his arm to protect Lane because he knew what Lane meant to me. Thankfully once he mated with Caroline it grew back. Sometimes it was just awesome to be a wolf.

“Well maybe if you hadn’t gone off the deep in or had kids it would be ok but you need to be extra careful. Bryn you have two sons to look after.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” I growled. Anger coursed through me. “After Richard life was supposed to be easy. We are the largest pack and strongest and all that seems to go on is fighting. I just want a simple life!”

“Hey now calm down.” Alex grabbed my shoulder. “Remember what happened last time you got mad?”

“Oh go screw yourself!?”I barked as I jerked away from him. My hand twitched and I balled it to ignore it. Red started to cloud my vision and I couldn’t think straight.

He sighed. “How about instead of a run we fight? You and me huh? We’ve never fought to see who’s the better fighter. You can finally beat me up.” He grabbed my shoulder again but this time softer. “Come on take out some of that anger on me.”

Oh and did I. Alex and I fought till sweat covered both of our bodies. I lunged at him forcing my fist up into his chest. He coughed blood but chuckled. We didn’t hold back. Normally when we practiced Lane wouldn’t let anyone go all out on me. He was worried I would get hurt to which I laughed at. I healed imminently and I was thankful Alex wasn’t holding back. I needed this.

“What the hell is going on out here?” Lane yelled as he came out on the porch. We had been fighting outback so we wouldn’t break anything.

Alex had me pinned against a tree and I took advantage of Alex’s distraction. Using his weight against him I spun him and slammed him against the tree. He chuckled. “Clearly Lane had no need to be worried about you.”

I smiled. “I know.” I let him go and we made our way up to Lane. Somehow I had worked out all my anger of Alex and I was back to my normal self.

“You two looked like you were about to kill each other. Alex you know I don’t like her fighting like that.”

“Dude you really need to let Bryn be. She’s a Dalgos. Fighting is in her blood.” Alex gave me a hug. “Besides she’s one hell of a fighter. You know only you and I could beat her. Anyone else in the pack besides Ryan doesn’t stand a chance.”

“Get your nasty ass off me.” I shoved him away and hugged Lane. “Hi.”

He wrinkled his nose. “He’s not the only nasty one. You both need a shower. I didn’t know wolves could sweat as much as you two.”

“Well when you’ve been fighting for nearly eight hours.”

“What?” I turned to look at him. “How long?”

He looked down at his watch. “We started around nine and now its five. You didn’t realize we’ve been out here all day?”

I shrugged. “Oh well. Lane do you want to join me for a shower?” I pulled on his arm and winked.

“I would love nothing more. But I need to talk to Alex.” He kissed my forehead. “Go shower and then we’ll go pick up the boys then off to the gathering.”

“Alight.” I ducked inside and showered. While the water ran down my body I felt its calmness seep into me. Somehow I had gotten way too mad. I shouldn’t have gotten that mad over something so small. Yes in a way it wasn’t small but to a wolf it was. This was our way of life.

“There are my boys!” I hadn’t realized how much I had missed them. It had been over twenty-four hours since I had seen them. I picked up Brent who giggled. Brent actually giggled. He was so much like his father it was almost scary.

“Looks like some babies are happy to see their parents,” Emily said as she came in.

“I know I feel terrible but the day slipped past me and the next thing I knew was it was five. Thank you so much for looking after the boys.” I hugged her.

She waved her hand. “You know how much I love having them. They’re just so cute. I could eat them up.”

“Lane you know I can’t leave them while we go to Hawaii.” I turned to him frowning. “I can’t be away from them that long.”

He nodded. “And I was thinking of the whole breastfeeding problem. To which I think they’re hungry.” Ray was starting to squirm around. “And we have the pack gathering to get to.”

After I fed the boys we headed over to the pack building. I hadn’t really been to the pack building much before I had the boys but it was the main center of the pack. There was the office where Lane and the men worked out of. But around it was most of the pack houses with a playground, including a lake.

“Alphas!” Sarah came up to greet us. “Sorry Alpha Lane but I need the Luna.” She snaked her arm in my and pulled me away as much as she could with me pushing the boys in their stroller.

“Slow down Sarah. You’re gonna make me tip the boys,” I said as I freed my arm. “What on earth is going on?”

“I just haven’t talked to you in a while.” She shrugged. “So how have you been? I heard last night was a lot of fun.”

“I’m surprised you weren’t there.” We sat down on one of the park benches. “You always liked to party.”

“Zack wasn’t feeling it. He had just gotten off rounds.”

“You don’t sound too happy. Is everything ok with you two?” I asked. Sarah was always happy and cheerful about Zack so it surprised me to see something flicker behind her eyes.

“Bryn I can only hope to be half the mates you and Lane are. Everything you two do is perfect and you’re so perfect together.”

“Perfect? No way. Mates are made for each other but we aren’t perfect.”

“When was the last time you two fought?”

Thinking back I couldn’t really think of a time besides our first night together. Other than that we normally agreed. Sometimes we disagreed but we never fought. Like humans wolves fought but normally nowhere near as much but Lane and I never fought.

“I rest my point.” Sarah rolled her eyes. “But everyone loves you two. You are the perfect Alphas. The men look up to Lane to be strong and the women look up to you for support.”

“Support?” I asked. In the Lun pack I had been the Luna but the wolves never looked to me for support? They looked to me for strength and protection. I was nothing like the Luna I was now.

She nodded. “Yes, you’re much more grown up and now that Lane takes off the fighting pressure you’re more of a woman now. Not that you weren’t before but you never sat down and listen to us and we don’t blame you, you had enough to deal with, but every little girl wants to grow up and be just like you. I didn’t think Beth could look up to you anymore than she did but now you’re her world.”

“As sweet as this is you still didn’t answer my question.” I lightly grabbed her shoulder. “You know you can talk to me. I’m still the Bryn you knew back in the Lun pack.”

Sarah frowned. “No you’re not… that’s not a bad thing but now you’re the typical Luna and I know I can talk to you but it’s hard to know we found our mates around the same time and look at what you have where I…”

“I’m going to stop you there,” I said with more than enough Alpha tone as I stood. “We might have found our mates the same week but there are many things different between Lane and I than with you and Zack. First Lane is much older than us and I am older than you. I know you want a pup but it will happen when it’s meant to. You and Zack are still very young.”

“How do you know?”

“The second reason, I’m a Luna. Not only is it my job to know the needs of my pack but also bare the next Alpha. You cannot compare yourself to me. I hate to say it but I am a Luna along with many other things and one day you will learn but you are young and need to enjoy your youth.”

“But you’re not much older than me…”

I sighed. “Yes that might be true but I have also been through more than you ever will. I’ve been a Luna since I was four, my own uncle tried to kill my mate and me, I had a blood thirsty crack pot Rouge kill my pup and made me think Lane was dead.” I sat back down. “I might be young but I lost my youth long ago. Hell I even lost it a few weeks ago.” I took her hand. “But you still have yours so enjoy it. I don’t want you to be like me because for me to be how I am I had to go through and I never want you to have to go through any of it.”

“I’m sorry. Everyone just looks up to you so much it’s hard not to want to be like you.” She sighed in defeat.

“Lane and I might not fight and we might look perfect but things aren’t perfect,” I lied. Lane was perfect. Nothing he could do would change my mind. Even with my dreams and everything that had happened, my life was perfect with Lane. “Now go be with your mate and don’t worry. Things will happen as they should.”

“Thank you.” Sarah hugged me and left to find Zack.

“That was sweet of you,” Lane said as he squeezed my shoulders. “You’re the best Luna a pack could ask for.”

I sighed. “You only say that because of what I’ve done.” I turned and looked up at him. “You know it’s strange we’ve never fought.”

He chuckled and took Sarah’s place. “That’s because we fought more than enough in the beginning.” He took my hand. “You even used your wolf to stand up to me.”

“That wasn’t a fight.” I rolled my eyes. “You were being stupid and I had to make your dumbass see straight.”

“I’ve never seen clearly when I’m with you.”

I laid my head on his shoulder and rocked the boys. “So I’ve heard from others what you were like before me but never from you. I know bits about your past but we’ve never really talked.”

“Oh lord you’re turning into a typical chick,” he teased and got a slap on the chest. Taking my hand he kissed it. “Before you I was very serious, too serious. Anytime someone stepped out of line there was consequences. I’m sure you heard of me before.”

“You were ruthless and strong. No one dared to mess with you because they knew you would kill them. But I also heard you were fair. As long as wolves staid on your good side they were good but you also had a temper.”

Lane snorted. “A temper? It was more than that. But Bryn that was who I was, I’m not…”

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t give me that talk. I know you’re different now. You showed that by not forcing your Claim on me.”

“Bryn…” I could hear the defeat in his voice.

“Oh stop that. You know I never held the first time against you. I get you were the big Alpha who wasn’t used to getting told no but Lane as I said before it happed so there is not use in thinking about it. You Claimed me so amazingly the second time it more than made up for the first time.” I popped his chest again. “So stop thinking about it.”

Sliding his hands between mine Lane squeezed them a little harder than normal. “You’re being abusive tonight.”

“You like it.” I slipped out of his hold and started to push the boys towards the rest of the pack.

Everyone loved the boys. Of course Brent was their next Alpha but he didn’t enjoy being the center of attention so Ray was more than happy enough to have everyone’s attention. He was so cute as he giggled as the girls crooned over him. Brent sat back and tried to stay away from them as if they were an annoying pest.

I picked up Brent. “You need to stop being so much like your dad little man. Your mate is going to have one hell of a time with you.”

He only looked at me with bored eyes till he laid his head against my chest and curled his tiny hand around my mother’s necklace. Everything felt so right with him and Ray. I had always known one day I would be a mother. Not only did most wolves have children but as Luna I had to. A part of me had been worried if I would make a good mother but the boys were so perfect I didn’t have to try and Lane was there. He stood by me every step.

“Bryn you have this, you can do it,” Lane coached as I lay in the bed waiting to have the boys.

I rolled my eyes. “Honey calm down. You’re going to work your wolf up. I’m fine, I barely feel any pain.” Thankfully I was more than used to pain but Luna’s had the easiest births normally. It hadn’t been too much longer than I had the boys and Lane and I each had one in our arms.

Even though we had seen the two boys on the ultrasound we hadn’t completely believed it till they were here. Twins were rare in wolves and even more rare for Alphas. But then again nothing was normal for our family.

“That was one of the best days of my life,” Lane whispered as he came up to us. He rubbed Brent’s back.

“You are sounding so whipped. That pompous asshole is really gone,” I teased.

Lane ignored me and instead turned to Zack who came running up to us. “We have a problem.” Then he added through the link, “Humans.”

Quickly Lane shut him up as his eyes darted to see who was around us. “What do you mean humans?” One things about wolves was we never let humans know about us. if they knew we had no idea how they would react or what they would do. In a sense we were super humans and we had all seen enough movies for our imagination to come up with some scary ideas.

Ryan nodded. “Yes Zack reported it. No one else knows but he’s following them.”

Lane growled. “I’ll be back.” He kissed my head and moved to leave but I caught his arm. “Lane people know who you are up here but they don’t know me. they probably think we’re some crazy cult let me help.”

“Bryn…” His voice was stern but I wasn’t having it.

“Besides I can control humans and you can’t. I’m sure I can make them forget they saw us or to leave.”

“She has a point,” Ryan said, backing me up. “Kylee will watch the boys and Bryn can help.”

Kylee came up to us and took Brent. “Why don’t I get to go have fun?”

“Because you wanted to stay in and paint your nails while I went out and played with the boys,” I joked.

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

Brent glowered at me but I lightly kissed his head. “Be a good boy. You know Aunty Kylee will look after you. Be a good baby Alpha.” Much like his father as soon as the word Alpha was used he behaved. Even just an infant he knew the word was powerful. So as I said good bye he calmed and let Kylee hold him closer.

“He really is your son,” Ryan laughed as we made our way to the humans.

“What do you mean?” Lane asked but I bit my lip to fight back a laugh as we shifted.

“I mean as soon as the Luna uses the a word both you and Brent do whatever she wants.”

Lane growled but Ryan winked at me. It didn’t take us long to reach Zack and the humans. I shifted back and peeked over the rocks that shielded us from their view.

“There’s only a few of them,” Zack reported.

“I don’t like this. This is the second time this year they’ve come up here.” Lane shifted and looked over my head. “They’re getting too bold.”

“Maybe…” I watched them. There was four of them clearly two couples by the way they held hands.

“Oh come on Rach,” the boy from the other couple called to the small red headed girl. “There’s no one actually up here. It’s just crap the adults make up to keep us from sneaking up here.”

“But what if they’re not.” Her nervures eyes darted around as a bush rustled from a squirrel.

“Rach don’t be such a little bitch,” called the other, slightly older girl.

Rach’s body curled in at the insult but the boy with her wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Why don’t you guys go explore and we’ll wait in the car?”

“God I wish Mom and Dad didn’t make me bring you along everywhere,” the girl said. “You’re such a wimp.” She was clearly the older sister and by the way her small shirt and shorts clung to her body I figured she was one of the popular girls while her sister wasn’t.

The boy with Rach frowned. “Jenny you don’t have to be such a bitch. Rach doesn’t like it so you don’t have…”

“Max shut the hell up.” Jenny waved her hand at them. “Come on Josh, we’ll have fun.”

I ducked my head back down. “And that’s why I’m glad I don’t have a sister.” I shook my head.

“So how do you want to get rid of sister bitch over there?” Ryan asked as Rack and Max left. “I don’t think those two will be a problem.

Lane grinned and wicked evil grin. “They think there are monsters up here so let’s give them monsters.”

Watching Lane he snuck around the rocks and to the other side of the humans. He didn’t make a noise and I knew the humans wouldn’t be able to see him till he was on them. There was a loud growl and Josh stopped. “What was that?” He looked around but didn’t see Lane.

“What was what?” Jenny looked bored. “Don’t be a little bitch like my stupid sister.”

“No I heard something.” He grabbed her arm and she glared back at him but stopped when Lane growled again.

The two turned to watch in horror as Lane stalked out of the bushes, teeth bared and hackles raised. Lane was easily seven feet tall and if that wasn’t enough to scare humans him growling and biting after them was.

Jenny let out a high pitch scream and they took off running back to where they came from. I motioned for Zack to join Lane and to make sure they left. By the time Lane came back after only chasing them a few yards I sat up on the rocks and laughed.

Lane troughed up to me and I scratched behind my ear. “You’re so cute.” He growled but I swatted his nose. “Don’t growl at me like that.” I slid down the rock and landed on his back. “Now take me back to our boys.” I pressed my chest down along his back and was rewarded with a growl.

As much as I loved running myself riding on Lane’s back was amazing. I could feel his powerful muscles working, pushing us forward and I felt a sense of security that nothing compared to. I knew on Lane’s back he would never let anything hurt me.

We came back to the gathering and I slid off Lane’s back reluctantly. He nuzzled me and I laid my forehead against his snout. This giant Alpha had a power of me, a year later I was still trying to understand but I didn’t care. Lane was my Alpha, my mate and I loved him more than anything else besides our boys. I would do anything Lane asked, go anywhere with him. For the rest of our lives I would stand with him and love him like I knew he would do the same for me.

It was moments like these that I truly felt it. I always knew it but somehow his love for me washed through our bond and it was all I could feel till there was a sharp cry and I knew who it belonged to.

Sighing I broke away from Lane to go to Ray. Someone had picked up Brent and he wasn’t happy and Ray knew it. Ray was crying for Brent but the girls holding them had no idea so when I walked up and took Brent they were surprised that Ray stopped crying.

Kylee was holding Ray and had been trying to tell the girls to put Brent back but they hadn’t listened. She rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath. Ryan walked up to her and kissed her temple and whispered something only I could hear. “I can’t wait till you’re holding our pup.”

She gave him a sad smile. For some reason she doubted her ability to have children. They had been trying for the past three months but she still wasn’t pregnant which was rare for wolves. Normally whenever we wanted to get pregnant it happened quickly. We were made for having children.

I squeezed her elbow. “Hey don’t worry about it. The full moon is tonight and you’re sure to get pregnant tonight.”

“This is the first full moon where we will get to try. For some reason Lane always calls him away.”

“Well I’ll make sure he doesn’t so you can have a pup in the morning.”

Lane took Ray from Kylee and we made our way to get some food. I felt bad. I should have overseen the cooking and getting tonight ready but with all the things going on in my life I felt like a bad Luna. No one had come talk to me since I had the boys and it bugged me. They were supposed to feel welcome to come talk to me since I was their Luna.

“Don’t feel bad.” Lane nudged me. “You’ve had a lot to deal with and you’ve been helping me. It’s not as if you aren’t doing anything for the pack. They know you’re busy and things have been pretty easy.”

I glared up at him. “You told them not to come bug me didn’t you?”

“I love you, my Luna.” He sweetly kissed my cheek and moved away from the food to find a place to sit.

“Love you too,” I growled as I followed him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 64.5K 31
Holly has been forced to move across the country to a town she never heard of. Unknown to her, Evanswood is over-run by werewolves. As she adjusts to...
349K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...
1.2M 36.9K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
468K 17.1K 54
So Mari is the eldest child, at the age of nine she watches as her mom and dad are slaughtered by the rogues pack, Her pack is small but come from a...