youngblood ↠ rafael barba svu...

By abandingswimmer

"remember the words you told me, 'love me till the day i die?'" kelly reagan, the first female in the reaga... More

introduction
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve {rafael}
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine

chapter five

6.3K 126 4
By abandingswimmer

as amaro and i were interrogating our suspect, his lawyer burst into the room as we got sent out of the room.

"he didn't even ask for a lawyer." i shake my head.

"his family did when you guys arrested him on their grounds." cragen says walking into his office, as i groan sitting at my desk.

thank goodness he was back, i don't know if i could've gone longer with this other captain.

"hey reagan, captain wants us to go get the vic. they're gonna pull a lineup." fin then says, a few minutes later.

"what happened? munch broke your heart when he became sergeant and doesn't wanna go with you now, so you gotta take up the side piece?" i joke standing from my desk.

"how'd you know?" munch then responds as i let out a laugh.

"its in my blood munch. i know everything." i laugh before leaving with fin.

after she made the I.D., with rafael being present as well as our perps attorney, and it was clear and as always, by the book.

after i took our victim back to campus, i finally decided to go home.

and when i say home, i mean home, home.

the place i share with my husband and finally, officially talk.

i know we had our date this week, but i just wanted to finally forgive him and work this out in our own home.

when i arrived to our shared brownstone, and unlocked the door, turned the lights on, and walked around, it felt like i never left. pictures of us and our families were still around the house. everything was where it was when i left.

the only thing that was really different was that there was barely anything in the fridge besides a bottle of wine and some salad ingredients.

i took a quick shower before i put on an nypd t-shirt and some shorts. i go into my jewelry box, where i had left both my engagement ring and my wedding ring, and finally put it back on my finger.

i heard the front door shut as i started to make my way down the stairs.

"kel?" his voice rang through the house. he clearly saw my keys in the bowl.

as he saw me, he smiled a bit.

"hey."

"hi," he was stunned. "you came home?"

"i came home." i reply, smiling back at him a bit. "for good."

in that moment, he dropped his briefcase, and embraced me in his arms, presssing a kiss at my temple.

"i missed you." he whispered.

"i missed you too." i took a deep breath. "but, i think we should continue that conversation you started in your office, a few weeks ago."

"i completely agree."

"maybe we can do it after we eat, i'm starving and it's monday, which means,"

"chinese night." rafael finishes, chuckling. "whenever you're ready, cariño."

i smile, before he announced that he was gonna go take a shower.

after i ordered the chinese food, i turned on the television since there was a new york rangers hockey game on, before i went on my computer to order groceries to be delivered sometime this weekend.

as they scored, i had gotten up off the coach, chanting the goal song, jumping up and down like i've been doing for years now.

doesn't matter how old i'll get, i will do the goal song the same way i do it every time until i die.

after it was over, and they resumed play, i had turned around to see rafael looking at me amused.

"oh, how i've missed your hockey dances." he smiles before he sat down next to me.

"i look stupid each and every time."

"not to me, you don't."

i was about to reply when the buzzer rang indicating that our food was here.

"i got it." rafael said getting off the couch.

until rafael and i had the conversation we needed to, we couldn't just say anything to each other without it feeling different.

we sat on the couch, in our sweats, as he rested the chinese on the coffee table, in front of me.

i muted the table before speaking. "can we do this now? the longer we wait, the more i don't know what to say."

"of course."

i took a bite of my dumpling before i said my piece.

"after that argument we had, with all the stress that was built up underneath it, i left because i needed some space for a little while. just some time to think things through. but i also left, because i did blame myself for not being able to get pregnant. i was angry and upset that you blamed me too."

"honey, i'm so sorry. you not getting pregnant is not your fault, it just wasn't the right time. i'm so sorry i made you blame yourself, i was being an arrogant asshole and i know you wanted this as much as i did, maybe even more. i'm so sorry for all the shit i said, i really am."

"i know you are, and i've come home to finally make amends instead of tip-toeing around it anymore. rafael, i love you more than i've ever loved anybody in this world, and if i went out loosing you this way, then i wouldn't be able to live with myself.

i know you kept calling but my stubborn self told me each time not to answer that goddamn phone. to be honest, our life would've been so different if we fixed this sooner and,"

"stop blaming yourself." he sternly said, taking my hands into his. "i understand you needed space, but what's done is done, and you can't change the past darling, but we can work on our future together."

"i was just gonna say that, you know?" i let out a small laugh, while wiping a tear away.

"great minds think alike." he smiled.

i stared at him, before i did something i've been wanting since i walked out that door almost five months ago, which was finally kiss my husband.

we were making out like teenagers on the couch, most of our food untouched, before we were interrupted when one of our phone's started ringing.

"are you kidding me?" rafael groans as we look over to the coffee table to see it was my phone.

without even looking at the caller ID, i just answered the phone.

"reagan."

"hey, it's jamie." my brother's voice rang through the phone. "did i interrupt something? you sound out of breath."

"a little bit, yes. what do you need?"

"glad you asked. i need your help."

"with?"

"something happened to my partner, eddie. she didn't show up for work yesterday so i went to check on her and she was all bruised up. she claimed she got into a car accident the night before after her date, but i don't believe it."

"what are you? a human lie detector?"

"okay me and you both know it runs in the family."

"you're right. okay, continue."

"so she came in today, her phone kept ringing, but she never answered. so, when she went to get some food, she left it in the car, i looked at the number, and wrote it down."

"did you run it through the database?"

"yeah. do you remember a guy named jake singer?"

"yeah, i arrested the bastard, why?" then it hit me. "jesus christ, has she said anything?"

"no, she refuses to say a word."

"okay, meet me in the squad room in about an hour. we'll go through it together."

"you got it sis. sorry to interrupt by the way."

"i'm sure you are. but, if eddie's another one of his victim's, he needs to be put away for good."

"i agree. see you in a bit."

with that, i hung up the phone as i turn to rafael.

"who's eddie?"

"jamie's new partner, she's a rookie." i reply. "do you remember jake singer?"

"the perp who raped two women and then they recanted, yeah i remember."

"might have done something to eddie."

"is she alright?"

"according to jamie, she's bruised up pretty badly." i sigh. "i'm,"

"don't apologize. it's our job and this is personal. get her to cooperate and get the son of a bitch." he pressed a kiss to my lips once again. "i love you mi amor."

"i love you." i smile before i run up the stairs to gather my things before heading back to work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 362 38
They once promised to always have each other's back but destiny does not always go as planned. Now almost four years later, each one living their lif...
18.9K 558 44
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** Book #1: New York, Chicago Book #2: To Be Loved "You can't just come here...
21.8K 439 18
Katelyn Reagan. Yep that's me. You heard that right. I'm the daughter of Frank Reagan the Police Commissioner of New York City. I'm the younger siste...
10.2K 493 23
From the start of her story, Olivia Benson had a lot of ups and downs. She fell in love with her former detective, but once things got more serious e...