Fallin' All In You; Shawn Men...

By ILLUMlNATE

"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ... More

Visuals
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Thirty-Two

4.1K 190 49
By ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 32

Lies

"Why? I just don't understand why it means that much to you!"

•••

Peyton

It's sad, when people use you. They take advantage of your kindness. They do whatever they can to step on you, especially if it is out of their own benefit. They ruin you, your happiness if it means they get to better their own. They don't care about you or your feelings because in the end they get what they want.

What hurts the most is they are people who you thought cared and loved you the most.

•••

I don't think I left my room, not since Shawn left. I felt bad because it was my sister's wedding day. I mean I seen her get hitched, I missed out on the toast though. But no one came to find me or get me, they didn't care. None of them did and maybe it was because they were focused on Serenity. Which is how it should have been.

I guess the sad part of me, the broken part was jealous. Jealous that my sister gets her happy ending, upset that no one came looking for me. But it didn't matter, I had taken off my makeup and dress. I got back into comfortable clothes and laid in bed. I kept replaying what had happened over and over again.

I thought about all the different possible ways it could have gone. All the different things I could have said. But that's not how life works, you don't get to turn back in time.

"First you two ditch my wedding and then decide to stay in here all day as well?" I heard Serenity say as she burst through my room.

I turned around so I could face her, "Can you keep your voice down?" I asked feeling my head ache.

"Don't you think I have a right to be mad? You ditched my wedding, my maid of honor ditched. You were supposed to give a speech but luckily Steve stepped in. Explain yourself." She said crossing her arms.

I had never seen Serenity so angry. Then again she had every right to be. I was in the wrong, I was extremely horrible. My sister got married once and I was selfish enough to be in my room the whole time. Over some guy who broke my heart.

"Where's Shawn?" She asked finally realizing I was alone in my room.

I sat up on my bed so that I was resting against the headboard, "San Francisco."

Serenity furrowed her brows in confusion, "What? Why?" She asked as she walked over.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my hands that were in my lap, "Something about not fitting in and that I have it good here and shouldn't ruin it."

"What? I thought he was fitting in perfectly. I mean Sam liked him and I knew Dad was liking him too." Serenity said as she sat down across from me on the bed.

I sighed and tried my best not to cry again, "Yeah well apparently something changed. I'm sorry for ditching your wedding, I didn't mean to."

"I would have loved to have you there to celebrate with me but I can't imagine what you were feeling." Serenity said taking my hands in hers.

"Still a shitty sister." I said.

Serenity laughed, "Yeah," it got silent before she spoke again, "You really liked him huh?"

"I don't know." I lied, I did know.

"Come on Peyton, you changed. I knew how you were around him back when I was there. Then when you guys were here? It was different, for something being fake you both looked so real together. It was there." She explained to me.

"Maybe it was just me." I said.

Serenity shook her head, "No I seen it with him. He just looked so much happier when you were near. They talk about pregnant women glowing, but I seen him glowing when you came around. Especially during the baby shower, I just don't know when everything changed."

"You and me both." I said with a sad laugh.

The room got quiet again before I broke the silence.

"Hey aren't you supposed to be on a honeymoon?" I asked.

She shook her head, "We don't leave for another two days. We are going to Greece!" Serenity said excitedly.

"Nice, I've always wanted to go. You should take lots of pictures while you're there, so I could live through your experience." I told her.

She nodded, "Definitely will, especially since you have a little one on the way."

I looked down at my bump, "Yup, she's gonna run my life for a while."

"Nice to see lazy is up, thank you for making me do the hard work when it came to informing everyone where you were." My mother's rude voice said from the doorway.

I looked over and seen her wearing a scowl on her face. Her arms were crossed and she of course had something negative to say. Now that guests were gone and there was no one to impress her bitchy side came back.

"Good morning to you mother." I told her in a sarcastic tone.

"Will you be joining us for lunch or continue being dramatic up here." She asked.

I sighed, "I think I'm going to pass and just pack. I could get a flight later and be back out of your hair."

Her facial expression changed into confusion, "You're going back?"

"Uh yeah, I do live in San Francisco." I said as I got up from the bed.

The whole time Serenity sat on the bed quietly. She never fought with our mother, maybe that's why my mother prefers her over me. Cause she never puts up a fight.

"There's nothing there for you, I see you chased off the one person you had from there." She threw at me.

I stopped and looked at her, "I didn't chase anyone off, he left because he had work." I lied.

"Oh come on Peyton, did you really think I believed in that sham of a relationship?" My mother asked with a laugh.

I shook my head, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Peyton I could smell a lie the minute it walked through my door. You can't lie to a liar." She told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked crossing my arms.

"It was very easy to convince the boy that you belonged here. He was so gullible, come on Peyton you belong here. Where that little girl can grow up with everything she needs. A proper family." My mother tried to convince me to stay.

"What did you do?" I asked feeling my heart break once again.

"Not much really, turned on the nice mother act. Brought the successful and handsome childhood best friend back into the picture. He painted his own picture and clearly it worked. Now we can go back to being this neighborhood's proper home." She explained.

"Why? I just don't understand why it means that much to you!" I asked feeling myself get upset.

"Please you make it sound like this is all new information Peyton. Let's be real, you think he was going to stay? Especially when he isn't even the real father to that child? Especially when he knows you have it better here?" She asked not even showing one ounce of remorse.

"You'd ruin your own daughter's happiness to benefit this ridiculous image of yours?" I asked as my vision got blurry.

"Yes." She answered truthfully.

"I'm leaving, and I'm never ever coming back. My daughter will be born and raised in San Francisco and she will never know about her monster of a grandmother. I don't want you to visit, at all." I told her angrily, as a tear fell down my face.

"You wouldn't." She said.

"I would, just like you'd ruin my life and not have one ounce of regret. Now get out so I can pack." I told her with my chin held high.

She just scoffed before taking off, it was silent. I felt my heart shatter, this wasn't how a mom treats her child. My mother ruined one of the best things to ever happen to me. She didn't even regret it or show sympathy for me. Her pride was too big, and she didn't care.

"Did he know?" I asked.

Serenity looked at me, "Who?"

"Steve? Did he know what my mom's plan was? Was that why he was here?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, mom didn't even invite him. I did, we were always close us three, but he didn't say yes to coming until I said you'd be my maid of honor. Come on P he's Steve he wouldn't do that."

"Then how could she? How could my own blood hurt me and not care about it?" I asked as I sat down.

Serenity walked over and bent down in front of me, "I don't know, I'm sorry Peyton."

I covered my face before the tears came out. A sob escaped from my lips, and I felt Serenity's arms wrap around me. I really missed my grandma right about now, she was always the mom I never had. But she's gone, though I was lucky to have Serenity.

She was the only one I could count on now.

•••

Even your own blood could turn their backs on you. Though I'm glad in a way my mother did. Cause she taught me what not to be or do to my own little girl. That I'll be better for her, I'll be what I wish I had. I'll actually be a loving and caring mom for her.

Authors Note//
This was sad
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 218 59
Isabella is a normal 17 year old. Shawn Mendes is on his Illuminate tour, touring England. A problem occurs when Shawn's tour bus breaks down. There...
10.6K 188 35
AU where you see in black and white until you touch your soulmate. I gasped when his hand brushed over mine. I staggered back a little. My world bur...
2.6K 96 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
5.2K 178 15
"David? Pookie? Your name does not belong on this list. But you need to be here if I'm going to tell my story. If I'm going to explain why I did what...