Shape of me✔️

By Rachyriz5

A Nigerian girl living in another country finds out that there's more to her than just thick thighs, a large... More

The Beginning-kind of
Zayn Malik?
Contact lenses
Family
Popularity break
Lost
A kiss?
Her Plan
Falling...
Frosty kisses
A little more
Lose what?
A 'blank'
Mistaken feelings
Garbage eggs
Only you
Valograms
'Perfect' boyfriend
Girlfriend duties
Photoshoot
Can't promise
Prom?
Dinner date
Sinner
The pain
Broken
Camouflage
No better
Indeed beautiful
The End- Sort of
Shape of You
Sneak Preview

The bet

1.4K 324 13
By Rachyriz5

~~S H A P E O F  M E~~
The five Ws in my opinion would not had been sufficient enough to answer the questions that swirled around in my head as I glared at Malik.

Who? As in who asked him to do this? What? What was he thinking when he went through with his plan. When? When did he start thinking of this stupidity? Where? Where the heck did he actually come from? Why? Why did he decide to do this to me?

But that wasn't all. In the end, I still had one more question. How did he expect the whole school to react to this?

"Are you really serious?" I raised my voice a tone higher. I was out of breath out from the deed that had almost happened and also from running too fast to keep up with the legs of the Iroko tree in front of me.

"How do you mean?" He stared intensely at me.

I couldn't believe he was asking that question after all he had done. First he tried to almost kiss me or something. I really don't know what he was trying to do exactly. Then he whisked me away with him from the cafeteria into an empty hallway. Now he was asking me a dumb question like he didn't know what had just happened.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, shifting my weight from feet to feet. My palms were starting to sweat intensely like they had been doing a workout.

"I diint peg you as one of them popular girls. Seems like you actually are." I raised my head in order to read his expression to see if he was mocking me or not. His eyes locked on mine and I noticed how even more grey they were especially as his jacket accentuated their colour. 

"Do you really think I am?" I scoffed.

"Are you?" He shrugged. "You look like you don't even care about what you wear to school."

"That's not even the point of all I've been trying to and talk about." I protested.

"You still look cute though. You'd look good in anything."

Stop whining me. I thought. He was just saying it because he could, not because he actually meant it.

"And I meant what I said." He added like he was reading my mind. I guess skepticism must had been written all over my face.

"What I'm trying to ask is what do you think you just did?"

"Nothing. I just pulled you out here."

"For what reason?" I felt like ripping his gorgeous face apart.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"What was all the drama for though? The leaning down and acting like... You know?"

"Did you think I was about to kiss you?"

"Well no. But..."

"Would you had liked it if I kissed you?"

"No but..."

"Would you like it if I kissed you now?"

"Stop!" I forced myself to shout. "Why are you acting this way? It's not like you like me or something. The whole school is going to think the worst about me now. They thought I was irrelevant before, now they are going to see me as a thot."

"Why are you so concerned about what they think about you?" He raised an eyebrow at me and I thought a disgusted look crossed his face.

"You don't know Croner's High School that's why." I muttered quietly. "Like what were you thinking when you dragged me out? Did someone dare you do so? I can't understand it. How are you even in this school?"

"I really didn't get most of the words you said, but I'm here to learn and I pulled you out here 'cos I don't understand a shit bout this school. Ion even know where the restrooms at and I be getting to class so damn late. Them guys here acting like they hate me and them girls only wanna ogle me like I'm some kind of statue for they viewing pleasure."

"Pretty boy problems." I let out a loud laugh but it ended up sounding like a cackle.

"What was that?" The corners of his eyes crinkled as his lips curved into a smirk.

"I'll help you find yo classes and show you where the restrooms are." I ignored him and snorted at the 'restrooms' part.

"I knew you'd help me. Thanks."

"You wel... Oh they put the posters up." I got distracted by a yellow poster slapped on the wall in a lackadaisical manner.

"Boys' basketball tryouts?" Malik read.

"Yes."

"What about the girls' tryout?" He pointed to a pink poster bedazzled with fake gems. Typical. "You gonna try out?" He asked and I gave him the most stupid look on earth.

"I'm 5 freaking 2. Most times I can't even see over the shoulders of the people playing the game."

"That's cute." Malik chuckled. "What about me? You think I could make it?"

I took a moment to stare at him in the name of examining his potentials. He was really handsome. "Nope."

"Let's make a deal then."

"What deal?" I instinctively backed a few inches away from him.

"Why you moving back shawty?" He grinned and I thought the diamond like earrings he wore sparkled a little bit.

"Nothing. What deal are you talking about?" I needed to show him that I was as much a daredevil as he could be.

"Imma try out for the senior boys' basketball. If I don't get in, I'll do anything you want me to. But if I do, you got to do anything I want you to for a whole week. Same rules for both of us."

The deal seemed interesting as I had more than a hundred things I could think of making Malik do. But at the same time it was so cliché. Like wasn't this exactly what every guy said in romantic teen fictions?

It was however hilarious that he didn't know how the school system worked. Students weren't allowed to join the senior basketball team except if they had been on the school team for at least a year. So I had a 99% chance of wining the bet.

"I'll see you around shawty. Going to class now." Malik suddenly said, turning away from me and I wondered what made him leave so quickly.

"Hey Tems!" I knew that voice already.

"I'm coming over to yo house today okay?"

"Umm I'm not sure that's a good..."

"Talk later. Gotta go to McDonald's now." McDonald's at after 8 am?

"Umm my mum may not..."

"Ciao" she waved a hand and then she was gone.

Now I had to prepare to write a whole book of explanations and excuses for Mami.

Hey loves,, I want to say a big thank you for all the help and advice. Please feel free to let me know all your opinions. The next chapters will be better as I'm practicing being descriptive while using the first person POV since I mostly use third person POV. Keep being your awesome selves loves💛💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
67K 12.4K 34
On a path of trying to be free from the cage of her overprotective parents and coming out of her shell in general, Esse faces a lot of life changing...
257K 79.9K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
26.4K 10.4K 62
COMPLETED!! ONYX VOYAGE SERIES: BOOK TWO ••••• ꧁RUNWAYS AND DECEPTION ꧂ Meet Irene...