Secret Trio

By lunafreya51

"I have a letter from Madame Athalena sir." My secretary places an envelope on my desk. I stare at the envelo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 18

49.1K 1K 49
By lunafreya51

Last Updated. September 17, 2018

Not Edited.

ALENA

Batting fourth, Third Baseman, Williams.

My hold on the flaglet tightens. You can do it baby.

It's the fourth out of six innings and both teams are tied with three runs. With all bases loaded, the crowd is buzzing with anticipation. 

"Go Lei go! Go Lei go! Wooooo!" Laila cheers at the top of her lungs. Accompanying her cheers is the waving of her No.1 finger foam.

"Go Leiiii!" Leo shouts.

Lucca, sensing my nervousness, squezes my arm and says "Don't worry Mom, he's lazy at home but Lei's a good player."

I giggle at Lucca's statement and pat his head. "Thank you baby."

Lei takes his stance inside the batter's box, with a determined look.

Strike. Strike. Ball.

Please Lord. I say a silent prayer. From my peripheral, I notice Laila squeezing Leo's arm who was beside her. Leo, on the other hand, is patting Laila's hand while looking intently at Lei.

This bonding time seems to be working.

PINGGG!

Distracted, I missed the moment of contact. Quickly turning to the field, I see the ball flying to the outfield. When the outfielder misses to catch the ball, the crowd's thundering cheers intensifies.

All players in the bases quickly run towards the next base.

Safe. Safe.

"Yes! Fourth run!" Lucca cheers loudly.

Lei touches second base but continues to sprint towards the third base. The crowd shout their encouragement for the two athletes aiming for a run. The ball is thrown, traveling quickly towards the home plate. The little athlete quickly dives as we hear the catcher's mitt pop. The whole field quiets down, anticipating the umpire's verdict.

SAFE! SAFE!

The crowd cheers wildly at the verdict.

"YESSS!" Laila jumps enthusiastically, giving Leo a high five then a hug. Lucca doesn't seem to notice this as he cheers wildly then hugs me with excitement. From the third base, Lei looks towards the audience seemingly looks for us. I wave my arm, and then give him a thumbs up when he notices me. Lei replies with a bright smile on his sweaty face. This is replaced with a determined look to the home base as soon as the announcer calls the next batter.

The team then performs a squeeze play which as Lei rushing towards the home plate. The crowd cheers wildly, encouraging Lei to run faster. Lei successfully runs home half a second before the ball reaches the catcher.

NICE PLAY! The crowd shouts together, ecstatic with the three run lead.

By the sixth inning they were able to secure another run, closing the game with a 3-7 score. We take our time cleaning-up since Lei will still have to cool down and shower.

Lucca is noticeably more at easy with Leo, though they are still not in speaking terms. Laila, on the other hand, is talking animatedly with Leo as she places our bottles inside a trash bag. Leo too seems happy to be able to get to know his daughter.

Is this how it would have been like to have a complete family?

This is a question that has always been entering my mind through out the years. What would it be like to have Leo help me when our three babies would cry all together hungry? Would it have been easier to have someone act as my angels father, instead of me taking the position as mother and father? Would it have been better for the kids to have Leo who could better provide for their needs? Am I good enough to raise the kids?

Suddenly a chill runs throughout my body. What was that? I look around, feeling as if someone is watching me. I break into a cold sweat as I continue to look.

"Alena, are you okay?" Leo asks me worriedly.

"Huh?" was all I could say.

"I said are you okay?" Leo asks with even more concern.

His words finally sink in. I then notice Laila and Lucca too looking worried.

"Yes yes, sorry. I'm okay. A little tired but nothing more." I reply, forcing a smile on my face.

"Okay." Leo nods, but clearly not convinced.

Probably just my thoughts scaring me. I think to myself.

"Can we go now?" Laila asks, looking at Leo then to me.

"Yes sure baby." I reply. We then walk to the locker room. When we arrive, we see Lei by the door talking with a teammate.

"Leiiii! Congrats!" Laila says running towards Lei. She then gives him a hug, which Lei returns.

Lei then looks up and sees the rest of us approach. He notices Leo but only raises an eyebrow, looking questioningly at Laila then Lucca. They seem to be doing what I call "sibling telepathy". I've never tried it since I am an only child; so this is such an interesting phenomenon. Laila smiles and nods while Lucca simply shrugs. Having his siblings confirmation, Lei doesn't react to Leo as we come closer to him.

"Congrats baby. Good job!" I tell him while giving him a hug and kiss in the forehead.

"Mommm!" He says embarrassed. He glances behind him to check if this was seen by his teammate. Lei sighs in relief upon seeing that said teammate already left.

"Let me take  a photo of the three of you." I say while rummaging my bag to grab my phone.

"Join them. I'll take the photo." Leo says from behind me.

"Oh no, no need Leo." I reply, feeling slightly awkward.

"I insist, please?" Leo says with a small smile, almost as if signalling to me that he was alright with not being in the photo.

"Alright. Thank you Leo." I say while handing him my phone.

"If it's okay with you, I can use this." Leo says referring to the camera he has been using earlier.

I nod and go to the kids to have the photo taken.

"One. Two. Three. Smile." Click.

"Can you also take a photo of Lei and I, pleaseee?" Laila requests with her infamous puppy dog eyes.

"Of course princess." Leo replies with a special glint in his eyes. Parental love perhaps?

"One. Two. Three." Click.

"Thank you Sir ..." Lei says questioningly.

Oh Alena! I forgot to introduce them.

"Lei this is Leo McGregor, he is a friend from way back. He watched your game."  I insert before Leo could reply.

Lei nods to me in reply then turns to Leo. "My name is Lei. Thank you for watching."

"It's a pleasure Lei. You play really well for your age." Leo replies while holding out his hand.

"Thank you." Lei replies while returning the handshake.

"Sooooo dinner?" Lei turns to me questioningly.

Before I could reply Leo says "If you don't mind, I'd like to treat you all for dinner. Pizza maybe?" Leo glances at the kids but looks at me for approval.

"Yey! Please mom pleaseee?" Laila says.

"What do you think Lei? Lucca?" I ask the other kids.

"Sure." Lucca says while shrugging.

"As long as it's my favorite then no problem." Lei tries to say indifferently but anyone can sense his excitement.

Leo turns to me, looking expectant.

"Alright, it's settled then. Let's go." I say aloud.

"Yes!" Laila fist pumps then pulls Leo forward towards the exit.

I sigh deeply, not looking forward to what will happen later.

Here we go. Get to know Leo, round two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 40.2K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
223K 4.9K 71
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
166K 15.4K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
656K 15.7K 100
Evelyn Claire Bennett never thought this would happen to her. Not in a million years. How could something that was meant to be temporary have a las...