The Eastern Empire

By VilouMakeup

Summary: Harry Potter is a little wizard like the others, even if his dark magic seems powerful, until the da... More

Chapter1: Discovery
Chapter2: Alexander Black
Chapter3: An eventful day
Chapter4: The Black Family
Chapter5: The Guardian
Chapter6: Childhood
Chapter7: Preparations
Chapter8: Hogwarts
Chapter9: First Shenanigans
Chapter10: A Painful Morning
Chapter11: New Friendships
Chapter13: Squibs
Chapter14: The Trap
Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye
Chapter16: Samain
Chapter17: A Wind of Revolt
Chapter18: The Malfoy Heir and the Black Heir Invite You...
Following of The Eastern Empire
instagram

Chapter12: The art of getting noticed at the beginning of the school year

4.7K 143 16
By VilouMakeup

The children were sitting at the library, having collected all the books that seemed likely to talk about catalysts, they read greedily seeking any information. Hermione was immersed in a book of witch legal code, she was looking seriously at the various articles, seeking the slightest mention of punishment for children placing themselves between the bridlers of magic, she tried to unravel legal gibberish, but met all of even some difficulties.

Theo, who had given them permission to name him that way in the afternoon, read a description of the spells to be applied to normal objects in order to create a catalyst. It seemed to him very complex, but strangely, not out of reach. He was certain that with a little training, they would get there. The book he devoured was paradoxically a defense against the forces of evil that listed the various ways of neutralizing a dark wizard. Blaise was looking for examples of good catalyst objects. Of course, no book spoke directly, but it was enough to look for those good for amulets, according to Alexander. The latter was looking, for the moment without success, a book explaining the steps to follow to relax the magic at a good pace. At worst he could always ask his parents ...

Draco held an old grimoire and did not share any of his research.

After a good hour, Alexander ended up being tired by this nonsharing and leaned down to read over his shoulder, which the Malfoy son did not notice.

A slap that he received behind his head broke the studious silence of the library still empty at the beginning of the year.

- Draco. This is not the subject for now. You could help us!

The boy looked sulky.

- But Alexander! Read it ! There is almost everything!

The latter looked at him with a gentle look.

- I know, but we all seek the same thing, help us and we will finish faster. You will be free to read what you want.

The other three watched with curiosity. Draco sighed but ended up resting his grimoire leaving a mark to find his page, an article named The eyes of basil where to neutralize the gaze of Medusa.

Distracted from her reading, Hermione then quickly looked at the time displayed by a majestic clock enthroned in the study room. She was surprised to see that it was already so late.

- The boys. We must go eat, we are late.

A few minutes later, they entered a big crowded room and the silence came. Everyone seemed to know what had happened in the early afternoon. At once, Draco and Alexander straightened, obeying their noble education. Blaise and Theodore pretended to make fun of all these looks, and proceeded with a conquering step towards their place, at the very end of the Slytherin table. There were now several empty places between them and the other pupils. Hermione when she blushed at once. She did not know what to do, not enjoying at all the looks directed at her. She would have liked to disappear, to be forgotten. She was going to the griffondor table, knowing that the reception might be icy but a strong white hand grabbed his arm.

- How about dining with us Miss Granger? Alexander asked softly and gallantly.

This behavior astonished all spectators. Black's son treated her with the respect due to people of high birth or power, political or magical, certain. She hesitated a few moments, she also surprised this behavior before responding.

- With pleasure.

It was thus that she joined, for this dinner, at least, she thought, the Slytherin table. She sat to Alexander's left as Draco moved to the right, Theo and Blaise faced each other. During seven years of study, this placement remained more or less the same, welcoming from a certain time a young Sophia Black and another girl in addition or being turned upside down during the ceremonies where each pupil had to stay with his home.

While everyone was waiting to finally eat, Dumbledore spoke, a sign that a director's speech was going to take place.

- I doubt that most of you are already aware that an event of great gravity has occurred this afternoon. During a banal quarrel between scribblers and Slytherins, a wanted Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestange, apparated in spite of the school's protections to torture the young Henry Potter using one of three unpardonable spells. I will not return to this rivalry as old as the school between these two houses. We tolerate your arguments. However, it is unacceptable for outsiders to intervene. Do not follow the path of your parents, do not think that darkness is the only solution. He added, staring at the green and silver table.

Following this speech, whispers were heard. All commented eagerly on this information. But as the dishes finally appeared, the doors of the great hall opened with a crash, giving rise to a silence of ice.

Sirius Black stood proud and straight in front of this crowd. A little over thirty years old, he dominated the other wizards with his gray eyes. He wore one of his most majestic outfits, the one he only donned when he began meeting with the faithful of Katrina this summer. His brown hair, which he now wore long, in a manner similar to Lucius Malfoy, gracefully fell on his shoulders. His posture betrayed his nobility, his face showed only anger.

Alexander straightened up, staring in amazement at this father so close to his children entering into his role of Lord Black. Draco was staring at his uncle, admiringly.

- Dumbledore! Can you explain to me why my dear cousin had to use her guardian powers to save my son this very afternoon? I thought you were at least capable of guaranteeing the safety of your pupils, it seems that I have gone astray. Alexander, take your things, Dumstrang will suit you better.

His tone was cold and haughty, but softened as soon as he spoke to his son. He stood up, ready to obey, despite his own reluctance. In fact, he doubted. It seemed strange to him that his father made that decision, but he had to follow his order. He would see if it was a bluff or not.

- Sirius, do not get carried away, I'm sure that the director has a good explanation, I just hope it will be more credible than the one he gave when we discovered that he had kidnapped your son.

Lucius Malfoy appeared and the Slytherin house shuddered. This man was not only the Lord Malfoy, one of the most influential, wealthy and powerful lords of the country, but all knew, even though no evidence had ever been provided, that he was especially the Death Eater closest to Voldemort, some even thought he was his right arm. Now, he had just called Black by his first name, a breach of the protocol that was rarely done. The use of the first name, for a Lord, an adult, in front of a witness, while one acted as head of the family was done only in two cases: when one was married and deeply attached to his half, this which was rare among purebloods, and certainly was not the case here, or when one was so bound to another that one decided to present it to all as his brother of heart.

Even Draco and Alexander were surprised. Of course, their fathers got on well, but not so well. He no longer had the shadow of a doubt that they were playing, that political maneuvering was going on.

Dumbledore, wanting to cut short as soon as possible, replied:

- I invite you to my office, Messrs Malfoy and Black, I think we need to have a conversation. Alexander, Draco, please follow us.

The two boys, one of whom was already standing, were going to obey, but obviously Sirius had no intention of making his former manager's job easier.

- You will therefore deprive our boys of their meals after the hardships that they have experienced during this day. Not really Lucius, they will be better at Dumstrang.

Draco watched an amused smile appear briefly on his father's face, but he was the only one. Dumbledore and the two Slytherins stood stupidly, not knowing what to do, but the old wizard recovered quickly.

- If you wish you can dine with us. We will find you a place at the teachers' table.

His tone was honeyed and rather condescending. Alexander refrained from passing a hand over his face, he would not get away with it. Sirius raised his eyes to the sky, seeming annoyed by this proposal, finally, Lucius replied:

- Thank you, but we have already dined, so we will accompany our sons during their meal.

And without waiting for an answer, they walked gracefully towards the Slytherin table. Dumbledore could only sit down again, shooting the two men with his silver eyes. Sirius sat next to his son as Lucius stood in front of his, Blaise hastening to shift. A great silence greeted the two men. Out of the corner of his eye, Alexander watched Higgs turn pale, which greatly pleased him. But Father Black was not a man to love silence and soon, despite the heavy atmosphere of the room and the murderous glances coming from the teacher's table, he began the conversation.

- Alexander, I see you've already made comrades. I am delighted to meet them so early.

His voice was sweet and paternal again. He was the father again, the one carrying his son on his shoulders and running through the labyrinth of Black Palace.

"Father, uncle, I present to you Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott.

The two boys nearly got up and greeted according to the protocol, but a nod from the Lord Malfoy deterred them. He liked to see that the two boys were already bonding with the sons of two noble and respected families, but the little girl sitting to the left of Sirius, who had shifted to make room for him, said nothing to him. he did not recognize any pure family trait in her.

- And who is this girl? Lucius asked, wanting to please his curiosity.

The Slytherin table was silent again as a few whispers were heard. The news had already been around the school: the Malfoy son alongside a muggleborn, all waiting for the father's reaction. Hermione herself did not feel at all comfortable and would have liked to be a simple spectator at the griffindor table, but she had agreed to follow Alexander Black and had to suffer the consequences. Alexander, he continued, was not destabilized in the least.

- Hermione Granger, she's a griffondor.

Lucius held a grimace. A mudblood! What did his son and nephew do with a muggleborn? But Sirius only focused on one piece of information.

- Ah, Gryffindor! What a beautiful house is not it? I really had wonderful years in it.

It was only Sirius Black who dared to sing Gryffindor's praise at the Slytherin table, but his attitude immediately relaxed the little girl and Lucius understood the message. No need to get upset about the child's origins, he certainly would not have Sirius' support. He almost glared at him, which he would have done if they had been quietly sitting at Black Palace, but here he had to keep his mask.

- So how did your first class run? Lord Malfoy asked to change the subject.

- We had only potions, it is Professor Snape who gives this course. It was really exciting, he asked a lot of questions and I learned a lot, but Hermione, she already knew all the answers! Then we started preparing an anti-boiling potion, but Longbottom blew up its cauldron and the room was flooded. I did not want to let go of my slugs, so I did not get on my stool. Besides, Hermione did the same. Finally, Professor Snape ordered us to come up for our safety and cleaned the room. We both had to go to the infirmary as we had not had the reflex to protect our feet. That's how we got to know each other.

Knowingly, Alexander had decided to call his friend by his first name, showing that he intended to create a deep and frank friendship with the girl.

At the table of the teachers, Severus, who did not let a crumb of the words between the wizards, felt the reproaches, even the insults. He squeezed his wand in spite of himself: that imbecile mangy dog! He was not going to miss this opportunity to humiliate him in front of his own house! He saw him open his mouth, his eyes dark.

- I'm sure Professor Snape has asked you several times to get on your stools before you obey. You must listen to your teachers, they know better than you the reactions of the spells or potions.

Professor Snape. He called him a teacher ... He did not expect that.

- On the other hand, I must say that I am astonished that a child who did not have a witch education before today has already caught up and even passed his classmates. As a girl, I now understand how my son managed to make a friend in Gryffindor House. I am impressed. What do you think about Lucius?

The latter glared at his cousin by marriage, this time he could not help it. Of course he was impressed. But to support the presence of a mudblood was already quite difficult, he was not going to ask him in addition to publicly compliment her. He was going to reply when he met the shining eyes of the child, then the mocking ones of the other Slytherins. He knew some faces: Death Eaters. He understood. He knew that his son and Alexander should not have had easy entry into this conservative house. He understood that it was no coincidence that only the sons Zabini and Nott, whose fathers were quite senior and independent in the Death Eater hierarchy, were beside their sons. He suspected that Alexander and Draco would not be surrounded by a griffin, unless it had something exceptional that had attracted them. After all, heir Black himself and his mother had muggle blood. He understood that only one of his words could change everything and make them untouchable. He did not hesitate any more.

- When I think that some doubt the place of Muggle-borns in witchcraft schools. Young girl, you prove to them their mistakes.

The astonishment was depicted on the faces of those who had heard this statement. A happy smile took place on the faces of Alexander and Draco.

- I hope that some will not make the mistake of repelling you or blaming our sons. They are after all the two heirs of the most powerful families in England. Jealousies may express themselves. But a Black or a Malfoy never forgets. Those who seek to harm you will pay sooner or later.

A heavy silence fell on the great hall. Lucius's statement alone was enough to make everyone very uncomfortable, and Sirius' dark, heavy look at Albus Dumbledore did not help.

The meal ended thus, the two boys had finished eating and soon they got up, following their fathers who came out of the big hall. They did not wait in the hall, knowing the location of the director's office by their early visits to this place often synonymous with punishment for one. They walked in the long corridor lined with armor that led to it. Sirius had put his hand on his eldest brother's shoulder, reassuring him. Lucius glanced at his, watching him with a protective look. They had not expected to intervene so quickly, the first day of classes. When Bellatrix was gone, caught by the guardian's magic, Sirius had panicked a little. They were together in the parlor drinking tea. Suddenly he realized that his son was in danger, as well as his guardian since they were at Hogwarts. It had been necessary to find a way to bring her back to them, while praying for Alexander to go well. Walburga had found the solution, threatening to launch Sophia from the top of the grand staircase. The magic, so credulous at times, had sensed the danger and called the guardian to the palace. Sirius had summoned the Malfoys at once, preparing their defense while listening to Bellatrix's story. Anger had invaded him when he had imagined his dear son strangled by that fool of Potter. But his anger seemed pale against Katrina's. The worried mother had lost control of her magic for a few moments and everyone had understood, for those who did not know, where the heir Black was holding his gifts.

Soon they arrived at the entrance to the office and faced a gargoyle of extreme ugliness. Not knowing the password, they just had to wait. The two boys glanced at each other anxiously as their fathers took back the mask of impassibility worthy of a Lord. Sirius had not let go of his son's thin shoulder. A few minutes later, Severus Snape appeared, dressed in one of his usual dark robes. The day had not been easy for him either. To see Bellatrix again, so faithful to herself, had destabilized her. He thought her dead, or at least trapped by the Dark Lord. Even his letter a few years earlier, when she had warned him that Voldemort now knew his role as a spy, had not changed his mind. He was convinced that the Blacks or the Malfoys would have delivered him for a long time. Thus, she was right to place her trust in them. He quickly watched Sirius Black, the man he had hated so much. He was holding his son's shoulder, the only sign of his concern.

He remembered a mischievous young man, sometimes, especially with him, naughty, but scribbler above all: unable to conceal his thoughts, which one guessed without even needing to appeal to legilimancy. Yet at that moment he behaved like a perfect Lord, hiding as well as Lucius all feeling.

- The director is waiting for you in his office.

His voice was cold and distant. He hated this man.

- I have to be present as a house manager.

Sirius just nodded, he himself had had enough interviews with the director in his youth to know the protocol.

- We follow you. Lucius replied.

His icy look hit Severus in the heart. He had never had a friend, too cold, too lonely, and too insignificant for that, certainly. But Lucius Malfoy had approached it. At the time, they often talked together. They each enjoyed the serene look that the other was on the world. Lucius was teasing him, desperate to find a wife for him. They were comrades, there was no doubt. Who could have imagined that he, a mere half-breed, could one day be a regular at the Lord Malfoy's private lounge? But he had lost all that. He had lost it by saving Bellatrix. His friend had turned his back on him because he had saved his own sister-in-law.

They soon entered the director's office, a large circular room, the walls of which overflowed with various instruments of all kinds. Dumbledore sat on a large armchair, but it was the people at his side who made Alexander shudder. The Potter family was standing to his right, accompanied by Professor McGonagall. Lily Potter, still pretty with her long red hair, was holding her husband's hand. His emerald eyes shot the incoming eyes. James Potter had not changed much. He was always that big, charming and charismatic brunette. He was incubating a Henry Potter sitting on an armchair. They faced each other, positioning them as accused since they were supposed to sit on chairs usually reserved for students.

Alexander blanched. They had never seen his former parents again. Fear invaded him in spite of himself. If her magic was still free, no doubt she would have shown her anger, but instead, he was shaking. It was his father's hand, which was firmer on his shoulder, which reassured him and prevented him from exploding. Hesitant, he looked up at Sirius and forgot all fear. His father had always been kind and gentle, his eyes sparkled with joy and mischief. He was that protective dad, that playmate. But at that moment that man did not exist anymore. Alexander was for the first time facing the hateful Sirius Black, the angry Lord Black. His gray eyes were cold and accusing, his mouth had forgotten all smiles to close in a thin line. His jaw had contracted with anger. He could even feel a few sparks of magic, pungent and cold.

- Sirius, the time is not settling scores. Informed Lucius, who was also surprised by this change.

For the first time, Sirius Black showed a face filled with anger. At that moment, he was a full Black and his blood ties with Bellatrix were revealed. The two cousins ??had never looked so much like each other. Lucius's words had the merit of making him regain his senses. He did not change his expression, but Alexander distinctly lost all traces of his magic.

- Sit down. Ordered Dumbledore.

They did not obey. First, Sirius seemed unable to move as he was focused on not exploding. Above all, they were no longer students and refused to be treated as such.

The old man sighed.

- Bellatrix Black appeared this afternoon as the children quarreled. She used an unforgivable curse like the young Potter here, and then left. All this despite the impossibility of apparating between the walls of Hogwarts. You must deliver this woman to be punished for these acts. If you protect it you will be considered accomplice and liable to prison.

Alexander grabbed the hand of his father who still held his shoulder. Never ! They could never have them, neither Bellatrix nor his father.

- Bellatrix was in his right. You can not hold any charge against her about this incident. It is also not sought after in Russia, a country where the Black live.

Lucius had spoken, feeling that his friend would not be able to lead the discussion. His eyes were fixed on the Potters and he did not even seem to worry about the director's words.

Lily Potter let out a cry of amazement at this crazy statement. James and Albus just smiled badly.

- Professor McGonagall himself witnessed. She clearly saw Mademoiselle Black hold a sorrow charm. She did not let him go until she attacked him.

Dumbledore was jubilant, nothing could pull the Black Malfoys out of this bad situation, if they refused to hand over this woman, he would be rid of them and if they accepted, one of the worst Death Eaters would be punished. He won every time. Sirius seemed to wake up.

- Bellatrix acted as guardian of Alexander. The ancestral laws are clear. A guardian can not be held responsible for his actions if they respond to an assault. As you said, it's impossible to apparate into Hogwarts, but the guardian's spell allows it. It only activates if the protégé is in imminent danger of death. If my cousin was able to throw some spells on Potter's son, it's because he's activated. I would rather rather than you explain to me what sanctions you will take against this child who allowed himself to strangle mine and lead to the gates of death. You can not do anything against Bellatrix or Alexander since they only acted in response to the aggression. On the contrary, such an aggression deserves an exemplary sanction, without the intervention of my cousin, my son would be dead, you would have taken it a second time.

His voice was hard and cold. The assurance of being right dictated his words. Only the end of his last sentence revealed the horror of the situation. It was at this moment that the two children realized what had really happened that afternoon. Alexander was close to death for a few words. Draco blanched. He felt the need to see his cousin, to make sure he was fine and when he met his eyes, he knew that everything was going to change. He would never let go, he would become his shadow, defend him at the cost of his life if necessary. He felt an acceptance in the azure orbs, which still clung to him, soothed him, reassured him. He was going to talk, not knowing what words would come out of his mouth when a voice was heard.

- Boys, no!

It was a scream, he felt shaken, but no one could interfere. No one could stop him from promising, offering his life. He caught anger in the blue eyes of his cousin and pushed back with all his might the hand that tried to stop him from speaking. A crash was heard and finally the words came out.

- My life is yours, my soul is yours, I will follow you to the gates of magic, I will crush your enemies, I will shed blood and tears at your request. I will gladly offer my life for yours. For ever I will serve you, forever I will be yours.

These words came to him alone, without him having to think about it. He still stared at his cousin and waited for his answer, knowing that a refusal would certainly kill him.

- I accept your gift and dedication. I will not abuse these. I will watch over your blood, I will protect your interests and allow you to rise to my side.

Alexander spoke in a soft, almost paternal voice. Draco felt a tremendous relief from him and took a deep breath. Never had he felt so much in his place and without knowing what he had done, he decided he had made the right choice.

The office was silent, bathed in stunned silence as Alexander had imprisoned his cousin's hand with his white hands. The spectators of this event were only beginning to realize what they had seen. Sirius approached slowly, as if fearing an attack.

- The boys. It was neither the moment nor the place. Definitely, you like to put yourself in impossible situations. Be sure, we'll talk about it again. Lucius, I'm sorry, I think they do not even know what they did, but we should have paid more attention. We should have foreseen it and try to prevent it.

Lucius Malfoy stood up. When he had tried to intervene, his son had pushed him heavily, sending him knocking the door of the room with an unknown force. His son, his own son had just sworn allegiance to another twelve-year-old boy in the middle of the office, Dumbledore, in front of some of the most fervent defenders of the light.

- Nothing could have prevented it. This is not the first time Alexander has attracted a wizard this way. Bellatrix never knew why, and how came the idea of ??the guardian's spell. We will talk about this later. He added, staring at the other wizards.

Alexander seemed to slowly emerge from his trance, he watched his father and uncle with amusement, he knew that nothing could have prevented this link. His gaze then fell on the sparkling, calculating eyes of the Hogwarts director. Anger overcame him, this man had nothing to say, he would never let him question him about this gift or spread the rumor that the son Malfoy no longer belonged. It was a private matter. He was going to talk, but he was interrupted by the firm voice of his father.

- If you dare to open your mouth, I let you settle this alone with your mother and Lucius.

It was only a whisper, but it had the merit of cutting any desire to speak to the child who winced. The interview already promised to be tough enough, better to keep an ally, because there was no doubt that his father was.

A moment of hesitation was born. Nobody dared to speak, knowing that hostilities might be difficult.

Severus Snape eyed Black's son, who was standing upright and proud, staring hard at Dumbledore, seemingly defying him silently. He was still shocked by what had happened. Witnessing this kind of magic was rare. The young Malfoy had just taken the oldest oath of allegiance. It was said that formerly, at the time when the wizards were still ruled by the great royalties, some men offered themselves to great leaders, offering their lives if necessary to defend the interests of their lord. Legend has it that Merlin himself served King Arthur. The tales remembered the mage's power, but no one seemed to be able to know if the king himself was a wizard. These links had virtually disappeared along with the ruling families at the beginning of the twentieth century. Voldemort himself did not seem to be able to create these links, having to use the mark of darkness to bind his servants. Witnessing it today was unexpected. Definitely, this young Black was intriguing.

It was Sirius Black who broke the silence that had settled. He glared at the Potters and Dumbledore, again firmly holding his son's shoulder.

The Potters seemed about to explode, Severus raised an eyebrow, a sign of extreme disbelief, and even Lucius cast an astonished glance at Lord Black. Nobody expected that. Only the director showed no surprise, on the contrary, a condescending smile appeared on his face marked by the years. In a paternalistic tone, which sounded very wrong when you knew the character, he replied:

- I think I can speak on behalf of all accepting your conditions, your clemency in Henry Potter verse will not be forgotten.

Sirius was seething with rage, but he did not let anything appear, on the contrary, helped by Lucius whom he took as a witness, he began to launch the inviolable oath.

That's how the three Potters, Dumbledore and Severus Black had to swear on their lives never to reveal to anyone what they had just witnessed. Draco shuddered happily, savoring his uncle's victory, but when he met his cousin's gaze, he noticed that it was way too dark, something must have escaped him ...

He understood later, when he was alone with Alexander, in the bathroom of their dormitory.

- We had enough to weaken Dumbledore and especially the Potters. If the case had been unveiled or if the school had been convicted, he would have lost much of the credibility that English wizards still accord him. We had to sacrifice this advantage to keep your oath secret.

The child felt stupid and was disappointed. All this was his fault, he could not restrain himself, without knowing what he had done, he felt an indestructible bond was born between Alexander and him and he was happy. But Dumbledore had witnessed it, there was no doubt that he would have immediately informed his supporters. They would then have tried to use it. However, if the inviolable oath prevented the director from revealing what he had witnessed, nothing could make him forget this information. He would try to use it, even if his only support was Potter and Snape.

"I do not really know what I did, I felt the magic pushing me to speak, but I will not be able to explain to you exactly what happened," Draco said.

- Me either, it is an old magic, possessing almost a clean will, wild and strong. We should do some research on it.

Draco sighed. Between the researches on the catalysts, those on the oath and those on the basilics, he was not ready to leave the library.

The future gave him reason. Mrs. Pince, the librarian at Hogwarts did not particularly like the youngest pupils, who were always more apt to disturb the tranquility of this place where a studious atmosphere was to reign. Most of them quickly forgot that they had originally come to work and spoke much too loudly, to see bickering. But when she saw this little group coming back every day, for long hours, while remaining calm and studious, she could not help but forget their young age. They intrigued her, rarely had she seen such hardworking students, never a whole group. Thus, she took the small group under her wing, setting aside a table, watching and discouraging those who seemed to want to draw them from their work, mostly scribblers.

Thus, Alexander, Draco, Theo, Blaise and Hermione became for all library rats, they spent all their free time there, hoping to finish their catalysts as soon as possible, indeed, if their magic level suddenly dropped, they would attract the suspicions of the director too fast for their taste. Luckily, for the time being, they had only theoretical courses, even in those usually reserved for practice, the teachers presented their subject, the program. No spell had to be cast. Obviously, Professor Snape was the only one to attack the program directly. Other students did not know about Slytherins or fled, especially when they were in a group. The isolation of which they were victims, as well as Madame Pince's help, of which they knew nothing, enabled them to work quietly and quickly. That's how they managed the feat of gathering all the information they needed in just a week.

This does not mean that their project was simplified. The casting spells had to be perfect and they had only scratched their own magic, like all untrained wizards.

- Do you realize that the slightest mistake could permanently deprive us of our magic? I agreed on the principle, but here I find it too dangerous. We need a confirmed wizard to bewitch the catalysts and I do not see one who could help us ... "Hermione explained on Thursday night.

For two days they had been studying the spells carefully, trying to assimilate them.

- I quite agree. I do not want to risk my magic. Is there not another way? Blaise asked, eyes red with reading.

The five children reflected.

- Would you have a contact who can get us some?

Theo shook his head. Like all purebloods, he had been raised in a cocoon, protecting his childhood from contact with black magic. Finally, maybe not all the pureblood to see Blaise's smirk.

- I know who to talk to. My mother always takes me shopping, I did not think I would thank her for that one day! He laughed.

- But! The black walk is forbidden! This is not too dangerous? Hermione asked hesitantly.

- Not with the good contacts my little griffondore. The boy replied while winking at him.

Indeed, if Blaise and Theo had been a little distant with Hermione at first, it had not lasted. Blaise spent his time bothering the girl, making hilarious jokes like hiding her defense book against the evil forces in her bag or making funny faces so she could laugh in potions when she went for ingredients. Severus Snape did not like the laughter, it seemed unnatural to him, so Hermione had almost been restrained, but Blaise had at least had the decency to denounce himself, Alexander's dark eyes had been for many ... Theo appreciated the organization and method of work of his comrade, working with pleasure with her.

- Very well, take contact Blaise, remains to know how we will pay the catalysts. Alexander decided.

A scornful snicker answered him. Draco approached his Slytherin posture proud of him, the one that annoyed the griffondors.

- Father opened a chest to which I have full access. For my expenses of everyday life. It will not be surprising to see a little disappear.

Alexander rolled his eyes.

- In view of the eccentric expenses of your family, it does not surprise me.

- Eccentric? Quote me a single eccentric expense, please! Retorted the blond.

- The white gold dragon of the size of a dog that you offered to Sophia for her birthday for example.

- But she loves this dragon!

- Yes, except that now she wants a real one, my parents thank you for that ...

- But it was not eccentric.

- Oh yes !

- No !

- Yes !

- No !

The other three watched with amusement the squabbles of their two comrades, finally relaxing, happy to have found a solution. It was rare to observe Alexander so, sulky and childish. Blaise soon slipped away to send an owl to his touch.

He received the answer only the next morning, at breakfast. Discreetly, he passed the letter to his four comrades. The merchant promised him that he would send four catalysts for the Saturday for the modest sum of five hundred galleons, which made Draco grimace.

So on Saturday morning, Blaise received a package that he only opened once in their room, Hermione having been invited for the occasion. They opened it and discovered the four objects that would deprive them of some of their magic for a long time. Their plan worked perfectly, for now ...

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.5K 1.7K 41
AU: James survived and Harry Potter still became the Boy Who Lived through Lily's sacrifice. James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin (The Marauder...
5.2K 204 47
The Malfoy's are a very rich family with an heir to their fortune. Draco Lucius Malfoy but not only is he the heir but a little blonde in the family...
3K 165 9
Horcruxe hunting with the Junior Hallows..... or how harry, Draco and Neville changed their lives AND futures AND brought down a dark lord at the sam...
393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...