The Eastern Empire

By VilouMakeup

Summary: Harry Potter is a little wizard like the others, even if his dark magic seems powerful, until the da... More

Chapter1: Discovery
Chapter2: Alexander Black
Chapter3: An eventful day
Chapter4: The Black Family
Chapter5: The Guardian
Chapter6: Childhood
Chapter7: Preparations
Chapter8: Hogwarts
Chapter9: First Shenanigans
Chapter10: A Painful Morning
Chapter12: The art of getting noticed at the beginning of the school year
Chapter13: Squibs
Chapter14: The Trap
Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye
Chapter16: Samain
Chapter17: A Wind of Revolt
Chapter18: The Malfoy Heir and the Black Heir Invite You...
Following of The Eastern Empire
instagram

Chapter11: New Friendships

5K 147 18
By VilouMakeup

- Poisons and antidotes, by Phineas Bourne. Interesting.

Alexander and Hermione had been walking the halls for a few minutes, heading for the infirmary just to the right of the lobby, which they both knew from reading The Hogwarts Story.

- You should find him at the library.

The girl's tone was pretty dry. Something had changed between today and the day before. The boy was curious by nature and he was already imagining the reasons for the change, but such a smart witch was worth it. That's why he questioned him.

- I guess you've been told pretty things about the Slytherins.

She glanced at him.

- And on you. Finally on your family especially.

Alexander grimaced. She must not start criticizing her family ...

"It seems that your aunt, whom you said you knew, tortured Neville's parents to the point of madness.

Yes, well, if we took this point of view, he could understand the new aggressiveness of the girl.

- That's right, but we must not forget that we are at war, a soldier knows what he's risking.

Silence accompanied these words, a sign that they had touched the little girl. She ended up answering, in a more hesitant voice.

"It also seems like the Slytherin Slytherins and Dark Wizards think muggle-born kids, like me, do not deserve to go to school. They say we are not really wizards. Those who call themselves purebloods will always reject me because of my family.

Alexander ticked.

- Is it Potter who told you that? Her parents did not hesitate to leave me when I was a baby. Do you know that I was kidnapped and entrusted to them just because my father came from a family where dark magic is strong? While he was on the side of the light?

To see her astonishment no, she did not know.

- Besides, I have muggle blood myself by my mother. I think that only the power and the knowledge of a wizard are important, these stories of blood do not interest me. But it's true that some people believe it, I often have to remind Draco that I'm a mixed blood by his standards.

The little girl did not answer, just walking beside him, lost in thought.

- All is not white or black, you should not let yourself be influenced by vulgar prejudices.

She gave him a curious look before nodding.

They finally arrived at the infirmary. A long room very bright, white, with wide windows. About fifteen beds were lined up against the wall. In this environment so different from the rest of the school, a little witch wearing a toque of a nurse was trying to cure Longbottom screaming to death. She was old enough, but she was full of energy to see the way she struggled to relieve their comrade. When they arrived, she sighed:

- Severus should be more careful. Every year, it's the same thing! Injured at first class! And who has to endure tears and cries at the beginning of the school year? Sit on a bed and show me. When you calm down a little, screaming will not help you, I applied the balm, the pain should disappear in one or two hours.

The two children obeyed, Hermione showed her redness and immediately applied the balm. Alexander remained there without moving.

- My boy...

- Alexander Black madam.

She watched him for a moment.

- Take off your shoes, I guess the potion must have affected your feet in view of their condition.

- I can not do it, ma'am. He replied, looking sorry.

The witch knelt then and watched the swollen ankle that seemed about to explode. She cut the shoes carefully and shouted.

- My poor boy! You are hard to hurt. She added.

Immediately, she covered the child's feet, covered with boils, with a thick layer of balm, being careful not to cause him more pain.

- You will stay here until after lunch, I will make a note for your class. Rest, I will bring you to eat just now.

And she went back to see Neville, who seemed to be dying.

Alexander was dozing, the pain that ran through his feet was nothing compared to the one that had invaded him earlier. He easily supported his feeling. But he was very tired, certainly an effect of the restriction of his magic.

Hermione watched him discreetly. This boy intrigued him to the highest degree. The day before, in the common room, the griffondors of the first years had gathered and Henry had made them a little speech, under the amused eye of the greatest. He had explained to them who his parents were and quickly told them about Alexander Black, whom he described as a dangerous, hurt-loving madman. But the boy she was watching now seemed very different. Of course, he did not look nice, but he was far from crazy. He seemed more mature, smarter. She found herself thinking that if he made a speech, the older ones would not make fun of him, even discreetly. Should she risk getting close to such a comrade? Where was she to stay with those in her house? She did not yet know the rituals, the habits of the pupils, the books did not explain them. But she felt that fraternizing with a Slytherin was not done. He was the only one who seemed to want to discuss books, everyone else had made fun of the class. Should she just change her attitude? She did not want to be alone, she wanted to integrate.

- Excuse me, can I ask you a question?

He turned slowly to her and stared at him with azure eyes.

- Do I have to stop answering teachers or asking questions?

He frowned.

- We are here to learn. Let them call you "Miss I know everything" if they want to. You will humiliate them in exams.

She smiles. There remained one last thing.

- Would you agree to work with me at the library? You must know many things that I do not know and I already guess that my classmates are not the type to spend their evening there.

He watched her for a few more moments.

- Of course, but Draco will come too, he may be very uncomfortable with you. You must not get angry, he's very possessive.

She winced.

-At this point ?

A burst of laughter answered him.

- It took more than four years to agree to talk to my little sister.

When Pomfrey reappeared with two meal trays, she found the two children laughing.

Draco came around thirteen, he must have rushed to eat to visit him. He watched with a sigh his friend, who was talking vigorously with this griffondor. He would have screamed, made some derogatory comments like yesterday, but he suspected that Alexander would not appreciate. He glanced at the other griffondor in the room. Longbottom was sleeping, a trickle of drool on his lips. Well, at least he would not have a witness. He must be mature, that his cousin can no longer blame him for his childish attitude. He approached the two beds, his safe and conquering step. Hermione and Alexander were silent, as if suspecting that something unexpected was going to happen. He looked at the ill-fitting girl again and sighed.

- I did not introduce myself correctly yesterday, I'm Draco Malfoy, the cousin of this idiot who prefers to watch slugs boiling rather than sparing boils to the feet.

He held out his hand to him, as if to bury the wand of war. (1)

- Hermione Granger. She answered with a smile.

They came out of the infirmary in time to go metamorphose, at least they had missed one course: History of Magic, which according to Draco was not very passionate. Hermione was walking beside Alexander, Draco was standing on the other side of the boy. They were quietly discussing the history of Hogwarts, more precisely the spell that enchanted the ceiling of the Great Hall when they arrived in front of the doors of Mc Gonagall's classroom. Their appearance immediately silenced all the discussions without their noticing it immediately. Even Theodore and Blaise watched, astonished, their comrades arguing with a muggleborn. But they were not aggressive, unlike some.

- Granger, what are you doing with those filthy Death Eaters? Henry Potter was immediately questioning who was coming towards them.

The three children stopped their discussion there and Alexander watched with dissatisfaction as his comrade tensed. The girl did not know what to do. She hesitated. Galant, he decided to fly to his rescue. He appreciated his thirst for knowledge and had already decided to make it a study companion.

- What can it do to you Potter? She does what she wants. You are not his boss. He asserted coldly.

Draco sighed. For weeks he feared this confrontation that was inevitable. He would have liked Alexander to suffer while he was in full possession of his resources and certainly not cut off much of his magic and exhausted by this morning.

Henry Potter winced. His emerald green eyes shone with anger, he stepped forward, dominating Alexander by his size.

- You Black, I do not speak to you. My father should have killed instead of letting you escape like a coward, you are a Slytherin. The escape you know.

Alexander's eyes were hard and cold. He straightened up, raised his head slightly.

- You speak of that day when your father had to save you. Who knows what would have happened if he had not interposed?

His voice was cold and menacing. Potter fumed under the reminder of this event.

- I flew indeed, I was only four years old and no wand. Do you remember ? I moved to my father's house.

Murmurs were heard at this revelation. Nobody could apparate to four years! In addition, Alexander seemed to insinuate that the great James Potter himself had attacked a child so young.

"Your father, eh, you're just like him, a dirty dog ??in Voldemort's service. Potter shouted.

Cries of astonishment and fear appeared. How brave ! Few people dared to pronounce this name. Alexander ticked, a scornful grin appeared on his face.

- My father ? To serve the Dark Lord? What joke ! We serve ourselves and keep our independence. Our interests are paramount, not those of another. We are not like your family in Dumbledore's boots.

Draco blanched. This idiot called the Dark Lord by his title, as the Death Eaters do. Even he did not do it. His father had made it clear to him to be content with naming him the one whose name one does not have to pronounce. That did not escape Potter, a glimmer of triumph appeared in his eyes.

- You call him like Death Eaters. Would you be too afraid of your master to pronounce his name?

Alexander frowned.

"It's politeness Potter, a Lord chooses his title, and then it's named after him. Your parents do not seem to have taught you this kind of thing, it does not surprise me.

This time, the anger completely invaded the griffondor. He threw himself on Alexander, clutching his neck with both hands and propelling him against the wall.

- Do not dare to talk about my parents!

He held his neck white and thin with all his strength. Draco, Blaise, and Theodore rushed forward, but were soon stopped by Weasley, Finnigan, and Longbottom. Alexander was lost, that idiot griffondor did not even realize he was condemning himself.

The students screamed, panicked. Nobody could intervene in the joyous fight that had begun. Hermione cried not knowing what to do. Draco was screaming, hoping for help for his friend and Henry was hugging. Alexander's vision was blurred, he felt his last strength to desert him. Without his magic, he could not do anything. It was at this moment that a plop was heard. It had the merit of calming down the fighting, but Potter continued, bringing Alexander to death.

- Sore. Let out a feminine voice.

Potter screamed and let go. He let out cries that chilled the blood of the students. They lived in shocked silence, the children watched terrified a dark-haired woman with curly hair descending on her loins, pale-skinned and aristocratic posture torturing their comrade with an unhealthy smile. Alexander straightened, watching his guardian and reaction with a soft look, stroking his sore throat. He nodded gratefully.

Draco was the first to react. She must not stay, though neither of the two Blacks seemed to notice the danger she was in. The teacher or another adult was soon to arrive, there was no doubt. He approached, under the bewildered gaze of the other students.

- Auntie. It is not safe for you to stay.

She did not move. His night eyes shone with a glow of joyous folly. She loved to torture, she loved this spell above all else. While she was busy with Sophia, she had felt for the first time the link that connected her to Alexander's name. No, she would not stop, not when we tried to kill her protege. Alexander smiled, hypnotized by the spectacle unfolding before him. It was at this moment that Professor Mac Gonagall appeared and everything accelerated.

The teacher immediately cast a spell on the woman, not hesitating for a moment as she saw one of her students suffer the worst known torture spell. Her stupefaction was immediately deflected by the latter, but she let go of the spell. Alexander turned his head as if awake from his trance and noticed that Dumbledore was coming, followed by Professor Snape.

- Bella, you should lower your wand, we are in first year, I do not care that there are wounded.

The woman stared at the arrivals, she tensed, concentrating when she knew who was coming. She stepped forward, stepping over the body of the man who had assaulted his protege, placing himself in front of him, as if she feared that he would be touched. But she obeyed and lowered her wand slightly.

She stood straight and proud in front of the three wizards, the students ran down the corridor, trembling with fear. Even though some were Death Eater's sons, they had never witnessed this kind of scene before. Dumbledore took the lead of the group of wizards, the wand lifted.

- Bellatrix Lestange, I did not think you would be fool enough to show you here.

His eyes were glowing with anger. Neville jumped when he realized that the one standing in front of him was the one who had tortured his parents to the point of madness.

- Black. I have not been a Lestange for a few years now.

His voice was dry.

- You have no chance. I do not know how you managed to Apparate in Hogwarts, but it was a mistake. Torture a first year, you fell well down. Go gently, a dementor is certainly waiting for you in Azkaban.

She tensed at the mention of the creature. She could not take the risk of fighting here. Alexander's safety was paramount. She had promised to sacrifice her life for him if it was necessary, the time had certainly come.

She suddenly felt a small hand slip into hers and she looked down.

- aunt, thank you for saving my life.

She looked at the little boy who made his family so proud. She tucked her wand and her free hand ruffled her hair, though she knew he hated it.

- I only did my duty Alexander. And I do not regret it. She added.

She wanted to reassure him, to prevent her from feeling guilty in case she did not escape. She felt Draco approach and stand beside him. Narcissa's son stared at Dumbledore with hatred, and she realized they would not let themselves go. Should she amaze them to save them trouble?

In front of the picture of a Bellatrix Black babbling a child and watching one another with a soft look, Dumbledore hesitated a few seconds, repelling his attack.

- You're not going to die. Father must have thought of a way to get you out of there. And if it's not the case, I will not allow anyone to take you. Alexander said.

The voice of the child had been cold and haughty on these last words. Draco seemed ready to add something but she stopped them.

- And I will not allow you to put yourself in danger, I have done my duty, I knew what to do when I linked to you my boy. I do not regret...

At these words she gasped and shivered under the happy smile of Alexander and Draco.

- I knew they had planned something. I just hope they did not hurt Sophia. Declared the Black son.

- Alexander! Your father would never take the slightest risk of hurting him! They had to find a loophole for the link to work and not be in danger. Draco answered quietly under the shocked eyes of the spectators.

Dumbledore felt the rage for having missed such an opportunity to invade him. But all was not lost.

- Black, Malfoy, in my office. Minerva, take Mr. Potter to the infirmary and tell his parents. The course is canceled for today.

He prepared to leave, already looking for a way to get the most out of these two boys. Should he use veritarium? He noticed that no one was following him.

- Black! Bad faith ! In my office !

The two Slytherins watched him for a few moments with smugness. Then Black spoke.

- In accordance with the laws of Hogwarts, we refuse any summons alone. We will wait for the presence of our parents before agreeing to meet you.

The old director turned to them, watching them angrily, forgetting his calmness and his usual demeanor. He was stuck, no one could pass over the ancestral laws of the school. If only one of them had even tortured Potter! There, he would have had his hands free. But that was not the case ...

- I summon them right away. Do not go too far, I will send you a message when you have to join me.

With that, he left, followed by the other teachers and Potter, leaving about twenty haggard students.

Draco and Alexander looked scornfully at their comrades leaning against the wall, as if they could not bear their weight alone, trying to recover from their emotions. They had not expected such a confrontation. In fact, they did not expect Bellatrix to be forced to come to their rescue, but at least now everyone would know it was better not to get them back. Alexander was already anticipating the frightened looks, the isolation their comrades would be subjected to when a dark tornado hugged him.

- Alexander, I was so scared, I'm sorry, I did not know what to do, I know a few spells, but I did not know which to throw. You could have died if that woman had not come. What an idiot this Potter, being so violent for a few spades!

Hermione was crying, completely destabilizing Alexander. He did not know what to do to stop the tears and they made him very uncomfortable.

- Granger, it's good, you smother it. Draco remarked, wishing to free his friend.

He was still amazed at the attitude of the girl. After this scene, he did not expect a muggleborn to worry about their fate. She slowly detached herself, a little embarrassed by her reflex. During this time, the majority of students began to come out of their daze. They realized little by little what they had witnessed. Blaise approached them, his eternal smile was gone.

- Better to spin before we are asked too many questions. He said pointing their comrades.

They nodded and left the corridor of metamorphosis. They did not know where to go to lead the discussion that was coming. Alexander and Draco knew they had to be careful. We had to make sure no one else heard what they were going to talk about. And they had a tool for that. A helper who was in Alexander's trunk, they had to go back to the dungeons, which they wanted, for the moment to avoid.

- Blaise, can you go get something in my trunk? It's a blank parchment, it's sorted between two books: The Ancestry of Muggle Royalty and Stories of Empires, I believe. Asked the black son. We will wait for you in the park, near the lake.

The boy did not ask a question. Alexander had to have his reasons and he suspected that this blank parchment must have hidden utility.

He found them a quarter of an hour later, near the lake, as agreed. Hermione and Alexander seemed in full discussion under the tired eye of Draco and the interested one of Theodore. When he arrived they were silent and Alexander grabbed the parchment after thanking him.

- I swear that my intentions are bad. He said.

On the blank parchment then appeared to the great delight of the four children a very complex plan of what was to be Hogwarts, a multitude of labels bearing the names and first names of the one they represented were moving on the map.

- Introducing the Marauder Map, created by my father and his three other classmates while at school. It will allow us to verify that no one is listening to us. He told me before my departure, according to him no one can deceive her.

They looked at the lake and saw the five labels that represented them, placed in a circle, as they were.

Draco leaned over the map.

- We are alone.

A silence followed these words. They could talk, they were safe from indiscreet ears. But did they owe it? Should they reveal all their secrets to three young wizards they met the night before? The more he thought about it and the more Draco thought it was not a good idea. And then, Hermione is a muggleborn! She could never remain indifferent to their revelations. He was going to share his point of view when Alexander spoke.

- I promised Blaise and Theodore explanations, I owe them to you. However, I will not tell you everything, just the necessary. We do not yet know each other well enough, moreover, my secrets deserve a witch's oath and I do not know how to create it yet.

A silence followed these words. After a few moments, Hermione stood up, a thoughtful pout on her face.

- To me, you did not promise anything. I will understand without problem that you do not tell me anything, I will leave you.

She was about to leave but was arrested when Alexander grabbed her wrist. She understood the message and, proud of the trust shown by her comrade, she sat down again.

- I will give you my trust. But know that I take a risk here that my parents would disapprove. You will not have to talk about it to anyone, not even your parents, "he added, looking at Theodore and Blaise.

They nodded solemnly, drinking the boy's words.

- If you betray me, consciously or not, you will suffer the consequences and be sure that the little scene of earlier you will appear to be a very light punishment.

The two Slytherins shuddered: if the sorrow spell was a "light punishment" for them, they dared not imagine what awaited them in case of treason.

- You can leave now if you do not feel able to keep this commitment.

A new silence answered him. The three children seemed uncomfortable, but none moved. In response to their reactions, Alexander nodded and launched.

- This morning Hermione, Blaise and Theodore found me screaming in our room, Draco was at my side, he was trying to calm me down, but nothing helped.

The girl realized that the scene must have marked the Slytherins when she observed that any color had left the faces of the boys.

- It was perfectly normal, even if it was unpleasant. My parents asked me to carry a magic catalyst.

At these words he showed them his locket, usually hidden under his shirt. Draco noticed that the diamond, which was still translucent this morning, now had a dark color, like those moonless nights.

- A catalyst restrains the magic of a sorcerer, locks it and keeps it out of reach of the latter. It was once used on children to help them control their magic. By wearing this artifact, unconsciously, we learn to completely control our magic, we weave it somehow. As control comes, the one who settles the catalyst releases it, allowing the wizard to access more of his magic. Thus, when we have full access again, our control is total and our power much greater. It is now forbidden to use this kind of artifact on children since cutting a wizard from his magic flow is a crime.

Silence surrounded the boy's explanations, he never would have come to the idea of ??the three children to cut him. Meanwhile, while observing the reactions of his comrades, Draco watched the marauder's map.

- Theodore, you insurged that my parents make me endure such suffering. But you must know that we did not have a choice. Yesterday, I almost lost control of my magic three times, something that had not happened to me for years. In the common room, without the intervention of Draco, I will certainly have hurt, or even killed some students.

The colors deserted the faces of the three children, the excitement of the secret leaving room for anxiety.

- I am powerful and my magic is dark. As soon as I entered this castle, my magic wanted to fight that of Hogwarts in order to subdue it, to submit it. I can not win such a fight with my current Masters.

Blaise and Hermione tugged at the end of the sentence. Did Alexander really think he could do it one day? But Theodore did not seem surprised by this revelation.

- You were magical surplus. He deduced.

Alexander nodded.

- Yes, in the face of the danger that I would run and that I made run to others, my parents decided to make me wear this medallion.

They nodded. The two Slytherins still remembered the morning scene and shuddered, imagining the suffering their comrade had to endure. Theodore spoke, however, in a small voice.

- It is said that the suffering of a sorcerer to whom a catalyst is put is proportional to his powers.

Alexander frowned, he did not know that. But he did not have time to think about it because, without knowing it, Blaise ventured to ask a question that led them to forbidden ground.

- You told your parents. Why did not you stop Draco from mentioning your mother this morning? Blaise asked, looking good.

Black's son bit his lip. No, definitely, he could not risk revealing anything about his situation.

- I can not tell you who she is, it's too dangerous. We could make you talk, try to reach us through you.

A new thrill took hold of the three boys. If Alexander, the boy who was standing in a potion watching a cauldron, thought something was dangerous, it must have been terrible.

- Who was this woman? Hermione asked in a small voice.

She was certainly talking about Bellatrix, as a muggle girl, she did not know much about the war, so she was not able to recognize one of the best-known Death Eaters.

- My aunt, Bellatrix Black, the one who tortured Longbottom's parents to madness. She was under the orders of the Dark Lord at the time. But she left him.

- No one has ever understood how Bellatrix Lestange betrayed the Lord. Affirmed Theodore. She was one of the most faithful.

Alexander sighed. Should he tell them about his abduction, his reunion with his parents? After all why not ? These enemies were already in the know, the English press itself had recounted some of them. On the contrary, these confidences would only win over his comrades to his cause.

- I'll tell you everything. I was four years old ...

This is how the son Black narrates his childhood with the Potters, his discovery of his magic, his aggression, his escape, the discovery of his ancestry ... He avoided talking about his mother, but all understood that she was not anyone. Like most English people, Blaise and Theodore had never heard of Lady Black, generally, she was thought to be a muggleborn or muggle, but they understood that this silence hid many other things. They did not ask any questions, sure that they would have no answer anyway. Hermione drank her comrade's words. She discovered through this story some witch traditions, this system of nobility, she even began to regret not having lived earlier in the wizarding world. Then came the story of the meeting with the other Blacks. He avoided talking about their allegiance to Voldemort, but Hermione was not fooled and the other two boys already knew this fact. Draco then participated, telling his own thoughts, his point of view. Finally, Alexander came to tell the ritual of the guardian that had done his aunt.

- So as soon as you are in danger of death, she appears to defend you? Hermione asked, eager to understand.

- Yes, she would sacrifice her life without hesitation for my sister and me.

- You have a little sister ? If she marveled.

Then Alexander spoke about the birth of Sophia Black, his plan of the time, his desire to get rid of the newborn fainting against the baby's eyes. They laughed at the rivalry between Sophia and Draco, even more when they realized the boy was now leading by the nose.

They talked for a long time, discovering themselves, showing that behind their closed, cold air was a close-knit family. Little by little, they all saw it as a story of their childhood, especially the most important anecdotes. Blaise and Theodore told their nonsense during the pure-blood balls, the son Zabini made everyone laugh by telling some scenes that his mother's lovers had triggered. The minutes passed, two hours passed. The children saw the sun decline as they got to know each other. Only Hermione remained practically silent, listening, feeding on all the stories that were taking place in this magical world she was still discovering. Finally, she spoke. When she heard about catalysts, she had an idea. Unconsciously, she certainly wanted to prove that she too, despite her muggle ancestry, could have her place among them.

- Alexander, you spoke earlier about the catalyst. I asked myself a question. You said it was forbidden. Your parents are not in trouble if we discover that your magic is restrained?

The face of the latter closed immediately.

- That is what I thought. I thought about it and maybe I have an idea, but it will have to be checked at the library. It is forbidden to place a catalyst on a child, but is it forbidden for a child to do it alone?

The boys hesitated. They themselves did not know much about this artifact. Black's curiosity, however, was piqued.

- I do not think so. Magical laws often forget that a child can make decisions alone but continues.

The girl, unaccustomed to being the center of attention when no mockery came, blushed.

- Well, we could all put a catalyst. So, if you are discovered, no one can prove that this is not one of our ideas. If we all wear this artifact, no one will be able to sue our parents.

Draco winced. First he had no desire to suffer a suffering similar to that of his friend, then, it was a safe bet that, on the contrary, some would take the opportunity to weaken these four families so known as related to black magic. He shared his point of view with the smiling griffondor.

"Maybe, but you forget one thing," she said with her finger up and her eyes shining. I am a muggleborn. Who would think that parents dentists even know the existence of catalysts.

- Hermione, you're great! Blaise exclaimed, suddenly straightening up. I would never have thought of it.

The four boys looked at the girl with admiration.

- So use what others see as a weakness as defense, you're good. Alexander added.

She blushed more strongly at these compliments.

- After what we saw this morning, I do not want to follow this plan, said Theodore, but on the other hand, if it allows us all to become more powerful ...

She did not know where to go. So she decided to distract them, that they finally stop singing the praises of his idea.

- First of all, you have to check in the library, find out how to create one, how to regulate it, what is the legislation ... because it's out of the question for me to do something really illegal.

The boys were surprised at this information.

- Fear of Justice Granger? Draco laughed.

She looked at him, not seeming to understand.

- You do not understand: we could be imprisoned! Or worse returned!

They burst out laughing at the priorities of the gryffindor who smiled herself, feeling that no mockery fed this reaction.

This is how a first bond was created between the five wizards. Through confidences, plans and laughter, a friendship was born.

A friendship that had not finished shaking Hogwarts and the wizarding world.

Years later, a smiling Alexander was arguing with his friend, she was far away from the little griffondor who did not like illegality. Everyone now knew Granger's name, they all knew she was not a witch to be underestimated. His influence with the Tsar was known, though minimized. In any case, no one would dare to ask the slightest favor of this witch known for his wisdom, his intelligence but also for his strict vision of loyalty. The young woman and he dined alone, as every Tuesday night. Ritual they had introduced soon after the birth of their elders, feeling the need to find themselves calm, far from their exuberant husbands at times. They resembled each other and enjoyed those serene moments, which rested their lonely minds. A question, however, had been trotting in the Tsar's head for years, and he had never asked it, either too distracted by one of his adventures or afraid of the answer. But tonight on this anniversary of meeting, he felt that the time had come.

- Mione, I always wondered ... Why did you give me your trust at the time? We hardly knew each other.

She seemed surprised and by his posture and his thoughtful look, he guessed that she was going back to the time. A smile on his lips comforted him in this idea, it was the one she approached when they thought back to their childhood.

- As soon as I learned my witch nature, I had the impression that any choice was taken away. At the time, I wanted to be a doctor or a teacher, but in fact, I knew that all the ways were open to me. And then one day, an old witch arrives and tells me that I'm a witch, that I have to go to Hogwarts. McGonagall had even told me that she was hoping to welcome me to her house. I quickly realized that I had little choice, everything was already traced. The more I read to inform myself, the more my choices seemed to me restricted. I will be a little muggleborn, at best I can hope to have a small job at the Ministry of Magic. When I arrived at Hogwarts, it was even worse the first night with Potter and his little speech. I could not even decide who my friends would be. It was necessary to stay with the griffondors and make head. So when you arrived, you gave me hope. You made fun of my muggle-born status, you did not follow the house codes, you were smart and interesting, in spite of your nobility, you did not follow all the pure-blood codes. I understood that you opened the way and that if I had the courage to follow you, my future became more uncertain, more free. When I met you, you represented for me a hope of freedom. That's why I followed you. Where would I be today if I made another decision, I sometimes wonder.

Alexander grabbed his friend's hand, a smile full of affection in his face.

- And where would I be without you Mione?

They smiled at each other for a moment. They no longer spoke, their friendship was such that they often did not need it. They continued their meal, talking about the latest inventions of their children and the last fits of jealousy of their husbands.

To be continued

1: yes this expression does not exist, but I tried to adapt it to the wizarding world ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 7.1K 32
What if James did not forget his wand? What if they knew that Voldemort knew their location? What if Harry grew up with family around him? In thi...
446K 8.6K 50
You are a wizard who doesn't know his mother because she died when you were a young age. You have a brother who is close to you but distant. And fath...
36K 781 28
Hadrian Tobias Evans-Snape. A clever, cunning boy, with a lot of smarts and bravery. He is very kind, and he loves his family dearly. His mother, Lil...
158K 4.7K 24
A sudden appearance of someone long fogotten, changes the wizarding world. She will come when the wizarding world needs her most and change every est...