Angels & Kings

By Nonnie228

It's the summer before they go to college and all Callie and Nonnie really want to do is spend their summer t... More

Chapter 1,2
Chapter 3,4
Chapter 5,6
Chapter 7,8
Chapter 9,10
Chapter 11,12
Chapter 13,14
Chapter 15,16
Chapter 17,18
Chapter 19,20
Chapter 21,22
Chapter 23,24
Chapter 25, 26
Chapter 27,28
Chapter 29,30
Chapter 31, 32
Chapter 33, 34
Chapter 35, 36
Chapter 37,38
Chapter 41, 42
Chapter 43, 44
Chapter 45, 46
chapter 47, 48
Chapter 49,50

Chapter 39, 40

156 3 0
By Nonnie228

Chapter 39

(Nonnie)

After the fight with Cay I was on a natural high, I’d been waiting for Callie to lose patience with that girl since…well since I met her. We were headed toward Patrick, but I still hadn’t told Callie about last night. She seemed a little less concentrated on the whole Travis/ Gabe thing so I pulled her toward the ladies room. "What? I thought we were going to…" I put my hand over her mouth.

"I had sex with Pete." Her eyes bugged, I’m happy that I shocked her cause that meant she wouldn’t be yelling at me for putting my hand over her mouth.

"Are we happy or sad about this?" She said trying to feel out what she should say to me.

"I think I love him."

"Non, no offense but shouldn’t that come before the sex?"

"You could talk Miss Saporta. No, I know I love him, I knew before," I said smiling to myself, "The only problem is that now I’m freaking out cause I don’t know how he feels. I know that he doesn’t wanna move this thing too fast. I mean it took about a month to get him to ask me to be his girlfriend and that was only to stake his claim, before Bill could."

"Hey I loved Gabe in my own way," she laughed, "and seriously Non do you see the way he looks at you?"

"Yeah, but Travis bought out a good point, about how he and I have no pictures together. I mean even the ones of me and him on the internet are photoshopped. He and Ashlee had pics everywhere."

"Non, don’t compare the two. They are both famous you are not."

"Yeah but you know if Pete wanted us out there we would be." She knew I was right.

"Maybe he just wants to see how things work out before the press gets a hold of the relationship. If you remember when he and Ashlee broke up, he was always in a bad mood because they kept asking questions." I started to worry maybe he was just waiting to break up with me. It must have shown on my face cause she added, "And no this doesn’t mean that he’s about to break up with you, he’s probably just taking precautions. Besides at least you narrowed it down to one guy."

"Sorry to dump all this on you, I only meant to tell you about last night, but then…"

"It’s okay, that’s what best friends are for."

"Why did the fight with Cay start?" I was curious what would cause her to finally have had enough of her.

"I don’t wanna talk about it yet, I've gotta get some things straight in my head."

"Okay, lets go dance and drink ourselves into oblivion," I said; we both really needed to unwind.

"You know Pete’s not going to let you get drunk."

"Who’s daddy is he?" I said copping an fake attitude.

"Well according to last night, yours," she said laughing.

We left the bathroom. Not long after that the party started to wind down. Everyone was tired and all headed to our separate buses. We would be driving all night until we got to Philadelphia, PA. Where the next show was being held.

I changed quickly into my pajamas and crawled into bed. Pete followed close behind in pajama pants and no shirt. Once again showing me that fantastic tattoo. I was actually happy to be leaving home again. I’d gotten used to waking up in a new city each day. Call me crazy, but I liked the unknown. I snuggled close to Pete and fell asleep listening to the beat of his heart.

***************************************************************************************************

"Peeete," I whined pulling the cover over my head, "Turn off the light."

"Uh, I’m not Pete and no." I looked over to see Travis.

"What do you waaannntt?" I whined again, Nonnie is not a morning person.

"Come on Pete has some interviews. So me and you are going to see the city of brotherly love."

"The city of what?"

"Come on you said we don’t spend enough time together so we are going to see the sights."

"What sights?"

"I don’t know, but we are going to see something today if it kills us," he pulled the covers off me and I crawled into a ball, "Come on I going to go wake up Callie too." He left the room and I obediently got out of bed and started getting dressed. I grabbed Pete’s black "Villain" shirt and a pair of skinny blue jeans. I slipped on my red and cream star keds and one of Pete’s hoodies.

"It still smells like him," I thought as I slipped the hood over my head. I walked off the bus and found Travis, Gabe and Callie all standing outside waiting for me.

"We ready?" Travis asked. I could tell that all three of them were a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey you guys weren’t going to leave without me, were you?" Bill said running over to us.

"Wouldn’t think of it," I said " So Travis what are we doing?" I said a smirk on my face because I knew he had no clue.

He looked at Callie, she knew he was asking for help. She took out her sidekick and started to type. Five minutes later she looked up. "Okay so first we are going to the Rocky steps. You know the one’s he runs up in the movie. Then to the zoo, it was the first one in the US you know," she said sounding like a tour guide. "Then we will have lunch at the Famous Pat’s Subs, by that time we should all be tired and ready to come back to the buses and crash until tonight’s show."

I just smiled she was always the one who planned things. I was the tell me what time to be there type. My plans always fell though, since I’m such a slacker I didn’t care that much about it either.

"That works," Travis said beaming at her, we all agreed and set off toward the Rocky steps. When we arrived there Bill and I decided to run up the steps, halfway to the top I couldn’t go any further. So I stopped trying to catch my breath. Bill saw me and turned back, then he picked me up putting me on his back and ran the rest of the way to the top. He made sure I was securely on the ground before collapsing him self. The others hadn’t tried to run up with us. I think it was cause Callie didn’t feel like running and neither of the guys wanted to leave her alone with the other. I was seriously feeling sorry for her.

"Alright now what?" Gabe asked.

"Now we go back down." Callie said simply. We all trekked back down the steps, then we headed to the zoo. I know it was supposed to be Travis and I hanging out and stuff, but I was able to understand kinda what was going on that he was too distracted again. I wouldn’t let it get to me though. Instead I just hung out with Bill, joking around and having fun. Basically ignoring being ignored by my brother again.

We arrived at the zoo in record time. I got a map so I could be sure to see all my favorite animals. The big cats, the monkeys, and the reptile house. I’m such a big kid. After being disappointed by the big cats as usual all they did was sleep. No roaring or even pacing back in forth. We headed to the reptile house. As I walked through the dimly lit room I stared intently at the huge displays. I’ve always had a love for snakes. They were so cautious they reminded me of well me. I very rarely took chances.

I felt something on my shoulder and turned to see only inches from my face a cobra. I jumped almost falling into the glass of the anaconda display I’d been looking at. If Bill hadn’t grabbed me I would have. They all burst out laughing. "Fang’s up Non," Gabe said.

I got a closer look at the cobra it was one of the souvenirs sold at the entrance. "Gabe you remember what happened last time you pranked me?" I said after I finished laughing at myself.

"Hey it was Callie’s idea," he said hiding behind her small frame. I looked at her and she got this "don’t believe him" face that basically sealed her guilt.

"Okay now we’re even," Bill said hoping that I wouldn’t try to get revenge.

"Fine, but only because I’m fresh out of ideas for pranks."

We left the reptile house and headed to the monkey cages. Where Travis and a chimp had a very interesting conversation about…Well I’ve no clue what they were talking about, but they both seemed to enjoy it.

"Okay now to Pat’s for lunch," Callie said. As we headed to Pat’s I started to get a little worried, cause it suddenly dawned on me that Gabe was vegan. He said it was okay that he would just have a salad or wait until we got back to the buses to eat. We all got our food and ate. I made Bill share one with me knowing I wouldn’t be able to eat a whole one on my own. Finally we started heading back to the venue. I was really beat.

"Callie can we get a cab?" I said, "I’m tired of walking," I know I whine way too much when I’m tired, but we were up late last night and we had a show tonight. I needed a nap.

"No, It’s not that far." I knew she would rather walk.

"Callie come on, please."

She looked at me a bit frustrated. "Non we can’t all fit in a cab."

"Fine how about you and I take a cab."

"I’m enjoying the walk." She yelled at me, I know she was just a little frustrated from the tension of Travis and Gabe. I was trying to give her an out. I guess she didn’t wanna take it.

"I’ll take a cab with you," Bill said putting his hand out to hail us one. A yellow cab pulled over to us and we both got into the back seat. The cabby was a balding Cuban he smiled at us as we drove off.

"You know you can always tell when someone is in love." He said to us. We just looked at each other. "Have you been enjoying our lovely city?"

"Yeah, we didn’t know we could have so much fun here," Bill said.

"You just make sure that you take you girlfriend down to South Street tonight, they are having a special at El Negro Gato. One free salsa lesson."

"Oh she’s…" Bill started.

"Already had lessons." I don’t know why I did it. It just seemed like it would be fun to pretend for the moment. I laid my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around my shoulder. "But we will keep that in mind." Two minutes later we arrived at the venue. Bill paid the cab driver and thanked him for his advice.

"Hey who’s convertible?" I asked it was a blue Mercedes SLK280 Roaster it was gorgeous. It was parked next to the FOB bus.

"I don’t know," he responded, then he rushed on, "Hey how about you come play me in guitar hero. I mean you never did give me the chance to win my money back."

"Bill I’m really beat, but maybe after I take a nap okay."

"Well, why not just come and keep me company," he said pleadingly.

"Maybe another time." I hoped what I did in the cab didn’t give him any ideas.

"Non…" he looked like he couldn’t think of what to say. When he didn’t continue I turned and headed to the FOB bus. I opened the door and went up the steps. When I got the top step I froze. It took a minute for what I was seeing to register in my head. I saw a blonde girl and she was on top of Pete kissing him passionately. I stumbled back off the bus. I didn’t stop when I heard Pete calling after me. I ran into the venue. I knew I could lose him in the maze of hallways. Finally after I was sure he wouldn’t find me. I found a janitor and asked how to get back to the buses. Funny I’d done the exact same thing when I found out about Callie and Travis. I walked back to the buses and went straight to the TAI bus. The only other bus I really ever spent any time.

I let myself in and saw Bill sitting on the couch in the common area. When he saw me he rushed over and pulled me into a hug. I hadn’t cried until he did that. He directed me over to the couch and we both sat down, I buried my face into his shirt. "Shhhh," he said, it was useless for him to even try.

Finally I was able to get myself together. "I messed up your shirt," I said.

"It’s okay, what happened Darling?" he said looking into my eyes.

"That convertible belonged to Ashlee." I looked at his face I could tell he already knew that. I realized that’s why he wanted me to come hang out with him. "They were making out when I came onto the bus Bill."

"You should go find Pete I’m sure there’s a explanation for this." He gave me a reassuring smile. Bill has always been there for me. He wouldn’t hide me away, he wouldn’t have made out with his ex-girlfriend. "Non? Look I know your upset right now. I’m not sure what happened on that bus, but it probably wasn’t what you think. I know Pete and he wouldn’t do that to you."

"Bill I'm through with him. He…"

"Non, you are both my friends I won’t let you make that mistake." He paused looking deep into my eyes. "I think you should get some rest, you need some time to think things though okay." He grabbed my hand and lead me back to the bunks. We both climbed into his and he wrapped his arms around me. I cried silently until I fell asleep.

Chapter 40

(Callie)

I knew I had been a little mean to Nonnie before but I also knew she wouldn’t take it personally. I was a little on edge. It’s not that Travis, Gabe, and I were arguing per say. Quite the opposite actually; Travis and Gabe had been very cordial to one another. But there was definitely this unspoken palpable tension in the like if we left the two of them alone together they would battle to the death. Cock fight. Whoever thinks juggling two guys is fun, is crazy. I still couldn’t figure out why I had gotten so mad at Cadence. She certainly had every right to flirt with Travis. I guess I still felt like he belonged to me. But what did that mean for Gabe? I wanted to talk about it with someone who could help me figure it out. But there wasn’t one objective person I could go to. I looked at my watch; it was time to meet Nonnie at the merch table. I arrived first as usual and began setting up. Nonnie arrived a few minutes later. She was pale and her eyes were puffy and bloodshot. “Non, what’s wrong? I’m sorry to say it but you look like hell.”

“Can we talk about this later, I’m trying to keep it together enough to work right now,” she said still sniffling.

I felt bad whatever it was had to be bad. “Ok sure.”

We had another busy night Nonnie and I never got a chance to talk. And after we were finished packing up the last of the merch I turned around and she was gone. Pete came running up to the merch table he was still sweaty from the performance. “Cal, where’s Nonnie?” He seemed almost frantic.

“I don’t know, she bolted. Pete what’s going on?”

He sat on a nearby bench and put his head in his hands. “She walked in…she thought…” I saw a single tear run down his cheek. I put my arm around him and waited for him to gather his thoughts. “Ashlee showed up today, out of nowhere. I heard a knock on the bus door, I opened it, and there she was. I didn’t want to be rude…what was I supposed to do slam the door in her face? So I let her in. She started talking about how she still loves me and she wants to get back together. I told her about Nonnie that I care about her a lot, that I might be falling in love with her. Then I guess she decided to ‘remind’ me of what I was missing because the next thing I knew she was on top of me, kissing me. It was only a split second but that’s when Nonnie walked in. She…” Another tear fell, he wiped it away with his hand quickly hoping I wouldn’t see. “Callie, you have to talk to her for me please? I can’t lose her, not because of my crazy ex-girlfriend.”

He looked so sad. “Sure Pete I’ll talk to her in the morning. But I’m not going to tell her what happened, she needs to here the truth from you.”

“Thanks.” Pete wiped his face on the sleeve of his hoodie before pulling his hood over his head, shoving his hands in the pocket and walking away. I got up and headed my own direction to the Cobra bus.

When I entered the bus I noticed that it was unusually dark. I walked up the steps to see Gabe standing by the front table, which had been covered in a tablecloth and had a single lit votive candle. “I know it’s late but would you join me for dinner?”

I was a little surprised. “Yes, of course I will,” I said smiling. I slid onto the bench and to await my food.

“I’m just waiting for the rice to finish. So we can eat our salad ‘til it’s done,” he said handing me a salad with carrot, tomatoes, onions, corn, and avocado.

“Wow you’re cooking!”

“Why are you so surprised?”

“You just don’t seem like the type.”

“Well most people don’t know I can cook because usually I’m too lazy to do it so…”

“Aww, but you cooked for me,” I said sweetly.

“Yes, I only cook for very special people.”

While I finished my salad, Gabe finished up the rice. “I didn’t even know these things had pots,” I said laughing, “I’ve never seen them actually be used.”

He laughed while he plated up our food, “They do get used sometimes but mostly has weapons.”

He put down the plate in front of me. He had even taken down some nice “real” plates and silverware. I looked at my plate and wasn’t quite sure what that was next to the rice.

“Tonight we’re having Tacu Tacu, which is brown rice with chick peas, sweet onions, and garlic and grilled tofu with Chimichurri sauce.”

“And what is chimichurri sauce?”

“It’s basically a really hot sauce made with oregano, parsley, hot red pepper flakes, white wine vinegar, olive oil and lots of garlic. If it gets too hot take a bite of your bread.” He began to go in the refrigerator to get us something to drink.

“And how did you learn to cook all of this?”

“My mom taught me. It’s all traditional South American cuisine.” He pulled out two wine glasses and started pouring me some homemade sangria. When he sat down I finally took my first bite of food. The rice was delicious, I happen to be a big fan of chickpeas. I was a little apprehensive about the tofu. I’d never actually had it before. I poked at it some with my fork. “Just take a bite,” encouraged Gabe, “It’s good I promise.”

I separated a small piece with my fork and popped it quickly in my mouth. I chewed it slowly. “Hmm…not bad,” I said. I took another bigger bite. Suddenly my mouth was on fire and my eyes felt like they wanted to water up. I took a bite of my bread as Gabe had directly and the burning started to die down. “Oh my god that is hot!”

He laughed, “Yeah I’m sorry I kind of immune to it so it doesn’t bother me as much.”

We continued to eat our meal, I made sure to only eat very small bites of the tofu. “You know I was going to thank you for the meal with a kiss after but there’s so much garlic in this food I don’t know if I could do it without killing the both of us,” I joked.

“Rachel Ray says that if you’re on a date and both people eat onions or garlic then they cancel each other out.” I burst into laughter. “What’s so funny? I think it makes sense.”

“No, no that you just quoted Rachel Ray.” He began to laugh too. “But seriously Gabe thank you so much for this dinner it was really nice and…romantic. When did you have time to do all of this?”

“I used my special powers to make it happen,” he said slyly, “Are you ready for dessert?”

“You made dessert too?”

“Well I didn’t make it. And it’s not latin but it’s your favorite.”

Out of the fridge he pulled a slice of Tiramisu and vegan Chocolate Cake for himself. I could barely wait for him to put it down in front of me before I dug in. “Mmmmmm, this is heavenly.”

He looked at me intently. “Ok you’re not allowed to moan like that anymore, especially if I’m not gonna get a thank you kiss.”

I raised my self in the bench slightly so that I could reach him over the table and kiss him. We finished our dessert in silence. I helped Gabe clean up the kitchen area and then went to put on my pajamas. When I exited the bathroom I felt a pang of guilt watching Gabe put his blanket and pillow on the couch. “Gabe, why don’t you come share the bunk. I mean it’s the least I can do after the dinner.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, as long as you keep your hands to yourself. We are not having sex tonight,” I said firmly.

“Yes ma’am,”

We climbed into the bunk. I was exhausted from the very long day.

“Gabe,” called Victoria, “Can I come out of my bunk now, I really have to pee?”

“Yes,” Gabe called back. Before we both dissolved into laughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
3.4K 311 32
Bailey Pierce has always been the nerd. She has always been the outcast, never asked out to anything or even had a boyfriend. Well, Bailey doesn't mi...
21.7K 667 32
Avery Summers was your ordinary popular girl. She wasn't bitchy and mean like some of her fellow cheerleaders. And like every cliche, she had a crush...
230K 7.2K 48
~He looked me in my eye. "Damn it Lauren, just tell me!" Pete said frustrated. "I-I can't." I stuttered. "Why?" "It's bad. I'm not supposed to like...