Gemstone Academy

By marisalynn394

My eyes finally adjusted and I got a good look at the guy. Holy shit, he was HOT. He rivaled Lazarus, and t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 18

454 29 0
By marisalynn394

I woke up at noon on Friday to find Zoey sitting on her bed. What was she still doing here? I know that she has to have been up for a while. I was the only one who slept until the afternoon. Although, I noticed that her and Blair refused to leave me alone since I was targeted by the witches. They seemed to think they'd target me again if I were ever by myself. Which is why I didn't tell Lazarus what happened, because I knew he wouldn't let me out of his sight either. Also, he would probably say "I told you so," because he didn't want me sneaking out at night in the first place. And I would do anything to get away from hearing the phrase "I told you so."

"Where's Blair?" I asked sitting up and stretching.

"Probably at lunch," Zoey said. "Speaking of lunch, do you wanna eat? Because I'm starving."

Did she seriously skip breakfast to watch me? Probably.

"Sure. Let me change quick."

I threw on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt before following Zoey downstairs. Since it was Friday and we don't have any classes, a lot of students just spent their time wandering around the halls socializing.

Blair and Chris were already sitting in the dining room. On the tables were different kinds of sandwiches and fruits. I sat down and picked up a turkey sandwich. It wasn't my favorite, but the peanut butter here was gross.

"How are you today?" Blair asked me.

"Good, you?" I asked taking a bite out of my sandwich. Bleh. Now I really wished they had good peanut butter here.

"I'm alright," Blair answered.

A loud clatter came from across the dining room and then there was shouting. Everyone looked up to see what happened. One guy had a hold of another guy by his shirt, and that guy was trying to get the other guy off of him.

"Fight!" Someone yelled.

Everyone at my table got up to get a better look. While they were distracted, I snuck out of the dining room. I wasn't interested in some silly fight between two guys. It was probably over something stupid like the one guy kissed the other guy's girlfriend, and was pissed at him even though it was probably the girls fault because she was a slut or something. Anyway, I wasn't interested. The good thing about the fight was it gave me a great opportunity to sneak away from my friends and be free for a while.

I headed for the library deciding I wanted a new book to read. When I got to the doorway I shoved the rest of my not-so-good turkey sandwich into my mouth because I wasn't allowed to take food into the library. There were only two other students in here, and they were huddled together over a large text book. Nerds.

I headed over to the bookshelves when Dario snuck up behind me. "Hey!" He yelled in my ear making me jump about 50 feet into the air.

"What the hell!? Where did you come from and why the fuck did you scare me?" I asked.

"The door, and because it was funny."

"Well, I didn't hear you, and I didn't think it was funny at all."

"Of course not. I'm a vampire, and you have no sense of humor."

"Yeah I know. What are you doing out during the day anyway?" I asked scanning the book shelves.

"I wanted to see you, Eliza."

"Really?" I asked turning to him. "And don't call me that. My name's Elizabeth."

"Yeah, it's been awhile. What are you doing in the library during the day?"

I couldn't help but be happy that he wanted to see me. I walked into another aisle and Dario followed me. "I was getting away from my friends. They won't leave me alone because they're afraid I'll be targeted again. And I wanted a book to read."

"Oh," Dario said pulling out a book. He examined it and put it back. "So, you want me to go away so you can have your alone time?"

"No, you don't annoy me like they do. And I have a question for you."

"Well, I'm flattered that I'm not annoying. I'd be upset if you thought I was annoying. What's your question?"

"Why am I awake? Why didn't the witches spell affect me? I know you know. You even said you know."

"I do know," Dario said not looking at me. "But I can't tell you."

"Why?" I asked irritated.

"Because I'm not allowed to."

"Aren't you like royalty? Can't you make your own rules?"

Dario looked at me sharply. "Who told you I was royalty?"

"Victoria did. She told me you were royalty and everyone always listens to you. That's why she asked you if she could come see me."

"Yeah, but I'm not in charge. I have people I need to listen to. And you're not one of those people."

"Okay, then I lied. You're annoying too," I said turning down another aisle. Dario was at my heels.

"I'm sorry, but it's not my place to tell you."

I sighed and crossed my arms. "Fine." I didn't feel like arguing anymore. It was obvious that he wasn't going to tell me no matter what I did. "What were you doing in the library that night I met you?"

"I told you, I was bored."

"Yeah but, don't you have a library on your side of the school?"

"Of course, but that one's boring. And maybe I was hoping to see a cute thing like you here."

I looked up at him and raised my eyebrows. "Are you flirting with me?"

"No. What makes you think that?" Dario asked flashing me a million-dollar smile that would make anyone melt.

I turned away from him so he wouldn't see me blush. I picked up a book and opened it. "Ow!" I yelled. I got a paper cut on my index finger. Blood trickled from the wound and I went to wipe it on my jeans when Dario grabbed my wrist.

"Hungry, Dario?" I whispered.

"Don't waste that," He said raising my hand to his mouth. I watched him lick the blood off of my finger, which made me weak at the knees, and it couldn't have been from that small amount of blood.

"Dario!" Lazarus yelled striding into the library.

Dario quickly dropped my hand and turned to Lazarus smiling. "What's up, Lazarus?" He asked innocently.

"The sun is out, so shouldn't you be cowering somewhere?" Lazarus said. Then his eyes landed on me and his whole demeanor turned to anger. "What the hell are you doing with my fiancé?"

"Entertaining her, something you should be doing if you really are engaged," Dario said smirking.

"Get out," Lazarus said through clenched teeth.

"Careful, Lar, you may be the prince, but everyone knows I have more influence." Dario turned to me. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," I said as Dario left. Then I turned to Lazarus. "He has more influence? What does that mean?"

"He thinks he has more influence than me in my country just because it's about 50% vampire."

"Oh," I said putting the book that gave me a paper cut back.

"So, Blair was talking to me-"

"Woah, woah, woah. You were talking, to Blair?" I asked interrupting him. "And why on Earth would you be talking to Blair?"

"She came to me worried about you. She said she didn't know where you went and didn't want you by yourself. Because apparently you passed out the other night, which is funny, because I don't remember hearing anything about that."

Oh shit. "Yeah so?" I said playing innocent.

"Seriously? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you'd freak out. And I'm fine, so I didn't want you to worry about me. I don't think the witches will come for me again."

"Shhh," Lazarus said grabbing my wrist and pulling me to the back of the library. This is the second time a boy has grabbed that wrist today, except this was for a completely different reason. "Well I am worried. And I think Blair's right, you shouldn't be left alone, and you really shouldn't go out at night anymore, for any reason. Because yes, those witches will probably target you again."

"Wait, do you know what's going on?" I asked.

"Not really. I know about the witches attacking people because Dario told me two days ago. He didn't say anything about you though."

"Why do you think they'd go after me again?"

Lazarus fidgeted and looked away from me. "I don't know. It's just a feeling. But I think they will."

"No, you do know!" I said a little too loud for a library. "Damn it, Lazarus! Don't lie to me! Tell me why the witches are after me!"

"I can't tell you why. Just don't go anywhere by yourself, and definitely don't go out at night."

"Why can't I go out at night? If I'm with Dario, then I won't be by myself and I'll be completely safe."

"No! It's not safe, I don't care if you are with Dario! He may be a vampire, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to protect you from multiple witches!"

"There you are!" Zoey said coming into the library. "Why'd you leave us without saying anything?"

Obviously because I didn't want them to know where I was going. Duh.

"Sorry, I said. "I'm coming. Bye, Lazarus."

I went to meet up with Zoey and didn't look back at Lazarus. I wonder why I even bothered to talk to Lazarus or Dario. The damn boys won't tell me what I desperately want to know. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 84 40
WARNING: SEQUEL TO Blinding Darkness!!!!! By: Momentz_Night (ME!) I now know why my mother would sacrifice herself for me all those years ag...
7.7M 352K 65
For years angel academy has taught students of all races and ability's, angels, werewolves, vampires, dragon riders, you name it. The school was cre...
1.3M 37.8K 49
Katarina Night has been alive since the Salem Witch Trials in 1692. Surprise Surprise, she's a witch. Since her mother was caught and burnt alive for...
10.9K 639 29
*Note* Read the First Book before this one: Gemstone Academy. My jaw dropped. What was this? What did it mean? There, written on the wall in sp...