The Eastern Empire

By VilouMakeup

Summary: Harry Potter is a little wizard like the others, even if his dark magic seems powerful, until the da... More

Chapter1: Discovery
Chapter2: Alexander Black
Chapter3: An eventful day
Chapter4: The Black Family
Chapter5: The Guardian
Chapter6: Childhood
Chapter7: Preparations
Chapter9: First Shenanigans
Chapter10: A Painful Morning
Chapter11: New Friendships
Chapter12: The art of getting noticed at the beginning of the school year
Chapter13: Squibs
Chapter14: The Trap
Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye
Chapter16: Samain
Chapter17: A Wind of Revolt
Chapter18: The Malfoy Heir and the Black Heir Invite You...
Following of The Eastern Empire
instagram

Chapter8: Hogwarts

8.4K 231 37
By VilouMakeup

The landscape paraded. The English countryside had no time to expose themselves to the sight of the two children, because of the high speed of the train. This view, blurred, was conducive to reflection. Silence reigned in the compartment, Draco and Alexander had not been disturbed by other students, as if fate itself wanted to give them a little more time. The sadness of the separation was still present in their hearts, but neither of them wished to express it. This was the case for all the little wizards, all suddenly found ripped out of their family on the occasion of entry to the school of witchcraft. What good is it to complain or regret? They had to go beyond that.

A good half hour had passed since the departure and yet, no word had been exchanged. Draco and Alexander were facing each other but their eyes were fixed on the window and they contemplated the parade of the English landscape.

They could have stayed that way for the whole trip had the door of their compartment opened, leaving room for a little girl with bushy, bushy hair in muggle outfit.

She watched them for a few moments, astonished at the calm that reigned here compared to the other compartments, then at the inquiring gaze of the brown-haired and disdainful blonde, she spoke.

- Hello, my name is Hermione Granger, I help a boy named Neville to find his toad. You would not have seen one by chance?

Alexander did not answer right away, detailing the girl. Given her outfit, she was definitely a muggleborn. When she showed up, she had not indicated her house, sign that she must be in first grade, just like them. Neville, that name took him back years, one of Henry's friends, the Potter's son of friends, was named after him. But if it was him, why did he ask a stranger to find his animal? He had to make sure of the identity of the boy before going further in his reasoning.

- Nice to meet you, I'm Alexander Black and this is Draco Malfoy. This Neville, it's Neville Longbottom?

She seemed taken aback but recovered quickly.

- Yes, I met him in the hallway and he asked me to help him and his friends to find his toad.

The mention of "friends" threw a cold into the compartment. Alexander's face closed and Hermione knew right away that there was a problem. Draco, who had hitherto totally ignored him after openly snubbed him, cast a worried glance at his companion before staring at her wickedly.

- We do not want to have anything to do with them, if we find the toad, we will make porridge or we throw it out the window so thank you not to impose longer your presence.

Draco's voice was cold and aggressive. His face was closed. Hermione took a step back from so much aggression. She did not expect that. She knew almost nothing of the witch mores, apart from what she had read in the books, had she made a mistake? Tears came to his eyes. She was running away, hiding her last, when Alexander intervened.

- That's good Draco, do not start. Why are you helping them? You know them ? He asked him.

Hesitating, she answered all the same.

- No, but I had nothing else to do, I do not know anybody anyway.

So that was it. Pressed to make friends, she jumped at the chance and agreed to help these boys, who were sure to have fun with his credulity. Alexander felt lenient and decided to offer advice to this little naïve.

- You do not know this world yet, but here, it is better to think of you first. The others will not give you gifts. You're Muggle-born and for them you'll be a muggleborn, or mudblood if they're less polite. They will never forget that you have not always belonged to their world. If you start serving them now, you'll never get away. To put them down, you'll have to climb higher than them.

She really did not expect that. Who did he take it for? She suspected all that. She was just trying to be nice to make friends.

- I'll tell you that I've read all the books on the program, the Hogwarts story and many more to prepare for that. I am not a little idiot who hopes to be accepted. I will do everything to prove to all and to myself that I have my place here.

This manifestation of a fiery character astonished the boys.

- Pff it is not keeping your nose in your books that you will integrate anyway. Draco retorted.

But Alexander intervened again, giving a very different opinion.

- Knowledge and knowledge are two of the keys to power. You are smart and you know it. Do not take it high, Draco, this girl is more malignant than she shows.

Under the compliment, Hermione began to blush. But who were these two boys who made her go from anger to pride? Deciding that she would have plenty of time to watch them later, she apologized and went back to look for Neville's toad, warning Alexander still in the lead.

In the compartment, Draco sulked.

Of the two boys, he had always been the least mature, he proved it again, adopting an attitude of the most infantile, arms folded, an unhappy pout on his mouth, he glared at his friend.

- You blame me for mudblood now. We will have seen it all.

Alexander rolled his eyes. He hated the term and belief, which Draco continued to relate to, although he was slowly moving away from it. Could he not understand that it was better to attract promising wizards to their side? They would have enough enemies at Hogwarts, no need to create new ones by behaving like dirty little racists. His father had taught him that word, of Muggle origin. His mother had explained the implications. In all times, wizards or not, men liked to rank, decide that some were worth less than them. The wizards used the beliefs of blood as muggles liked to belittle people belonging to different cultures or having other skin colors. The Romanovs believed in one thing only: power, magical power, empowered to conduct duels or knowledge were their criteria. If anyone was powerful enough to join or even surpass them, they accepted him among them, as an equal, whatever his origin.

- I remind you that I am, according to your criteria, a mixed blood Draco.

The blond is white. He forgot, just like his parents or Bellatrix, very often this detail, that the Romanovs reminded them at the slightest incarceration.

- You know exactly what I meant. He concluded.

- When you behave like an idiot, yes, I'll let you know.

The rest of the trip went on in sulky silence. Alexander no longer spoke to his friend, giving him time to calm down. He took the opportunity to think.

At Hogwarts, he would be surrounded by enemies, people responsible for his kidnapping or defenders of their alleged light. His parents had been very clear: he was not to get into trouble and especially not to accept any interviews with Dumbledore without the presence of one of his parents, a right of all the students of the school but who was only rarely applied because unknown. Bellatrix had given her other advice. Thanks to their connection, she could join him if he was in great danger, which had little risk of arriving, but it would be risky and could bring trouble to Sirius. Hosting a Death Eater was frowned upon and illegal, even though she had left the camp for years. She had therefore submitted to him the idea of ??surrounding himself with other wizards of his age, to create a network, a group of people who would be faithful to him.

It would be difficult. He knew he could count on Draco, but he refused to consider him a "faithful". He was his friend, his little brother with immature behavior, although he is older than him by a few days. But to convince others would take time.

Lost in his reflections, he did not see the time pass and soon he had to put himself in uniform: the castle of Hogwarts approached.

- Alexander. You are ignoring me ?

Draco did not even look at him as they changed, but the tone of his voice revealed his anxiety. A tender smile on his face, the Black son answered him:

- No, I'm just pissed and stressed, like you.

- We forget ?

- Of course.

So they left the train side by side, reconciled but still anxious.

Once again, they were seized by the crowd around them. They did not appreciate the jostling, shouting, great gestures to greet who were turning into blows for the neighbors. Draco could feel Alexander's nervousness growing and worried. If he ever unleashed his magic, which he was doing only in case of great anger, their arrival at Hogwarts would be noticed ...

At last they heard a loud voice shouting:

- The first years, here, come with me.

When they drew near, following the direction of the call, they could observe a very tall and stout man, with a long beard mingling with his hair. Draco blanched at the state of his outfit and whispered to his friend:

- Please do not tell me that this bitch is a teacher.

An amused laugh, as much for Draco's fear as for the situation and the quickdraw of the man, answered him. The giant because he deserved this nickname Alexander, waited a few minutes while gradually the first years arrived.

Alexander recognized Hermione, a little apart from others, his help to find the toad had not allowed him to join the group. He scanned the faces, the outfits, not knowing what he was looking for. Then he understood. When his eyes met Henry Potter's, he knew he had found what he wanted. The Potter's son looked like his father, brown, glasses, a tanned complexion. He looked at everyone from above, sure of his superiority. After all, he was the son of James and Lily Potter, two of the country's most famous aurors. At his side, Alexander recognized Ron Weasley, that fool more noisy than a dragon, still red, looking bewildered. He also noticed Neville, plump, eyes sparkling with mischief. He could have pity on the boy whose two parents had been tortured to the point of madness by his aunt, but to see his attitude so similar to Henry's, he just wanted to follow the family tradition that Bellatrix had instituted : the torture of Longbottom.

- Draco.

It was just a whisper, but that's enough to get his friend's attention on the band. Immediately, he sent him some information, reported by his father. The latter had advised him to help his cousin. Indeed, Alexander did not know the English wizarding world, he was not aware of relations, rivalries or alliances between families.

- Longbottom was picked up by the Potters after the small crisis of his parents. Her grandmother wanted her guard, but they claimed she was too old. She files an appeal every year to recover it, but it is always refused. She has never even been able to see him since he lives with them.

Brown discreetly thanked his friend. He knew everything about Weasley or Potter, Sirius had thought it necessary, but he did not know that.

He watched, discontented, his former brother who laughed with his friends while pointing at him, a clear sign that no one had been able to instil in this child the rules of politeness. He decided to intervene. He could not leave such behavior without punishment when the giant spoke again.

- All right, everyone is here I think. I am Hagrid, guardian of Hogwarts keys. I will drive you to school by another way. Follow me.

The children then took a small narrow path, lined with trees that gave them the false impression that they were rushing into a forest. They spoke very little. The darkness surrounded them and the freshness of the night made them, when they were not accustomed to the Russian climate, shudder. Finally, they arrived on the banks of a lake and a collective exclamation sounded.

- Ohhhhhhhh!

Alexander did not lower himself to say "Oh," but his breath was cut off by this sight. Hogwarts stood at their sight, separated from them by a wide lake, whose waters reflected the light of the stars of that night of the first of September. The castle was impressive, majestic yet secure. Its high towers pierced the sky and the windows of the building, illuminated certainly by candles, illuminated it subtly. Certainly accustomed to the reaction, Hagrid took them out of their contemplation.

- In the boats, no more than four in each, let's go.

Draco and Alexander headed for a free boat, they were leaving when two boys approached.

- Hello, I'm Blaise Zabini and here is Theodore Nott. Can we ride with you?

Alexander was going to pick them up in their own way (who was this?) But his cousin's elbow stopped him.

- Delighted, I am Draco Malfoy, son of Lord Lucius Malfoy and here is Alexander Black, my cousin, son of Lord Sirius Black. We will welcome you willingly.

The "son of Lord Sirius Black" just shrugged and stepped into their boat. The two newcomers noticed each other uncomfortably, but took their place behind Draco, who had joined his friend. The beginning of the crossing was silent, until Blaise spoke again.

- I beg you to excuse me for my manners. I did not know who you were. I hope you will not make false ideas about me.

Alexander turned around and Blaise realized he was gauging them.

Blaise was an ebony-skinned boy, tall, as tall as a third year. His eyes lit up his face, even though his eyes were glowing with discomfort. His outfit showed that he belonged to at least one big family. It was quite ordinary, but he had noticed his mistake and had the courage to apologize, which was not so common. Theodore was smaller, about the size of Draco, so taller than Alexander, like just about every child of his age he had met. Brown, with hazel eyes, he watched silently, the sound of his voice was still unknown to them. Alexander loved this kind of person, who does not speak to say nothing and who takes the time to know his environment before speaking. The two boys could be interesting, better to forgive.

- It's forgotten.

At that moment, they realized that contrary to their first impression, it was not Draco Malfoy that needed to be impressed, but his cousin, Alexander Black, a stranger to all English families. All the witch elite had noted the withdrawal of the Malfoys in recent years. Little by little, they had moved away from the mundane world for no apparent reason. Some had made the connection with the kidnapping of Harry Potter who was in fact a Black, but to imagine a reconciliation between Sirius Black and Lucius Malfoy was delusional. Yet, to see the way of acting of the two cousins, there was no doubt that their links were strong.

The atmosphere relaxed and the boys began to chat. Their main concern was of course the distribution. They were in a hurry to finally know their future home, their home in Hogwarts. Theodore and Alexander spoke little, leaving their companions to lead the debate.

Soon they were able to get off boats and were guided in a huge hall, while passing through a small corridor. The children watched, impressed, this castle which was going to be their main home for seven years. A large staircase stood in front of them, the walls were filled with paintings which, to the astonishment of Muggle-born children, were fiercely discussing the supposed value of the new students. Medieval armor completed the decoration, as well as dozens of torches, illuminating the sides of the room. The first fifty years lodged easily in this hall, without feeling as tight as an owl in his cage. Alexander and Draco were still in the company of Blaise and Theodore. Black's son, however, no longer listened to the conversation, his eyes scanning the room, watching his comrades. Draco glanced at him, watching his reactions. Thus he stopped his sentence when he saw his friend frown and the features of the latter hardened violently. He was talking with Blaise about Quidditch teams, a subject that Alexander never addressed because he was not interested in the sport, but immediately turned away from his interlocutor.

Henry Potter and his two acolytes, Neville and Ron were approaching. Without thinking, Draco grabbed his cousin's arm, as if afraid to see him suddenly grab his wand. Their two companions were surprised at this attitude, they recognized without difficulty the three boys who approached, curious, they waited to follow the exchange, not asking any questions.

"I do not know who you are, but I do not advise you to follow such a breed. He is a Death Eater's son. Henry pointed hard at Alexander, pointing to Draco's chin.

So, he did not know who he was. After all, he had never known him in his true appearance. But did he have any capacity for reflection? Alexander glanced at Draco, who could not contain a laugh at the expression.

- Thank you for your advice, but I do not need your help.

Alexander knew how to be polite, but if the words were, his eyes pierced Henry and it was not difficult to read all the hate that inhabited him. What made an absurdity say to him:

"Unless you're a death eater too. Who are your parents? My dad would be happy to know a new friend to Lucius Malfoy.

- The least of it would have been to ask me to introduce myself and do it yourself. Your father would be better off teaching you politeness, rather than interested in the friendships of others.

The tone was cold this time. Henry frowned. It reminded him of something. But the nervousness prevented him from reasoning.

- I forbid you to criticize my father. You do not know him, you do not know who he is.

The argument began to heat up and stopped only thanks to the appearance of a woman with a strict air. Alexander nevertheless had time to retort:

- On the contrary, on the contrary.

It was almost a whisper, yet all the boys heard it. Draco shuddered. Over the years, he had begun to feel the changes that were taking place before a manifestation of his friend's magic. At that moment, he felt the air getting colder and the hairs in his arm were rising, but most of all, his friend was metamorphosing. His face closed, his azure eyes darkened and his eyes fixed, as if lost in another world. Panicking at the thought of such an eventful entrance, he grabbed his cousin's shoulder and forced him to turn to him.

- NO. Remember, you are no longer a child!

These words were enough to bring him back and he offered a sorry smile to the blond.

Despite their questions or anger, no one could question them. The woman began to speak. Alexander still caught a thoughtful look from the girl on the train, Hermione, on him.

- Welcome to Hogwarts, I'm Professor McGonagall, the banquet at the beginning of the year will start soon in the big hall, but before this one, you'll be divided between four houses. Throughout your years of study at Hogwarts, your home and the students who are part of it will be like a second family. You will go to class together, eat at the same table and sleep in the same dormitories. Their names are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each one of them has its own strengths, its weaknesses, its traits of common characters. During your year, every time you get good results, points will be added to your home, on the contrary, for all offenses, points will be withdrawn. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the Four Houses Cup. Do not hesitate to ask more information to your prefects, they are there for that. The distribution ceremony will start, line up and follow me.

Alexander stood next to Draco. He seemed relaxed, curious, and was watching his comrades again, but his cousin knew it was only an appearance, deep inside him he must be close to being carried away by anger. They finally entered the Great Hall, borrowing an impressive double wooden door.

She deserved her name easily. The room was huge, strange and beautiful. Alexander felt like magic was coming through the pores of his skin. Four rows of tables surrounded by benches, certainly one by each house, faced them. In the end, one last table sat, that of the professors. The other students were already seated, watching them with a disinterested eye, the eyes of the regulars. But it was the ceiling that impressed the children the most. Velvet black, the latter was illuminated with stars that dimly lit the room. Candles floated in the air, helping them in their task. Alexander rubbed shoulders with the splendor and refinement of the aristocracy, he faced here another beauty, that of magic, of his freest expression. Everything here was shrouded by it and he had never felt so good.

The teacher had them line up in front of the other students, silencing them. Some, like Hermione seemed embarrassed to be so in the center of attention, Alexander often looked without the eye, intrigued by this muggle born. Others exulted with joy, smiling proudly or straightening their shoulders, like Henry Potter or, to the utmost exasperation of Black's son, Draco. He faced him with an air of habit, not showing the slightest emotion. He had learned to hide what he felt, to contain himself in public, even if he cracked a few times, it was not children who would destabilize him.

McGonagall then installed a stool in front of the line of new students. On the latter, she put an old witch's hat, it was dirty, spoiled and patched. Calmly, Alexander was waiting for the rest. Soon a tear near the edge facing them opened, and the hat began to sing, to the astonishment of the new students.

My role for many years

Is to classify all new kids,

In the house that can help them.

Put me on your head, I'll know what you're worth.

If you go to Gryffindor,

It's that you're brave,

He welcomes the fiery and the strong,

But above all he seeks the brave.

If you go to Hufflepuff,

It is that you are just and loyal,

She welcomes patients who amaze her,

But above all, search the faithful.

If you go to Ravenclaw,

It is that you are intelligent,

She welcomes eagle eyes,

But especially those looking despite the winds.

Finally if you go to Slytherin,

Is that you are ambitious,

He welcomes the leaders of later.

But above all, look for the malicious ones.

The song finished, applause broke out in the room, a traditional gesture supposed Alexander. The hat thanked, bowing slightly, and then waited to fulfill its role.

- When I call your name, you put the hat on your head and you sit on the stool. I'm starting: Abbot, Hannah! McGonagall ordered.

A blonde girl wearing two braids approached the stool shyly and followed the instructions. The hat was falling ridiculously before his eyes.

- HUFFLEPUF, exclaimed the hat.

Cheers and applause were heard at one of the four tables, certainly that of this house. The little girl walked with a smile towards her, she sat on the edge, where empty places seemed reserved for the first years and the older ones welcomed her gently. She seemed suddenly much more relaxed. Alexander realized suddenly that they were surely called in alphabetical order and that if it was the case it would happen. His heart began to beat faster, a ball was born in his stomach, it was a long time since he had felt so uncomfortable.

- Black Alexander!

Silence came in the great hall, as if an icy wind had arisen. Black's son felt Draco squeeze his arm, as if to wish him good luck. Alexander then advanced, raising his head, using his most aristocratic and dignified approach. Nothing showed his discomfort. He felt the hateful look of Potter's son who was not going to enjoy being on a boat, he noticed Dumbledore's curious, calculating gaze and McGonagall's stunned look. Finally, he reached the stool and put the hat on his head.

- A Black! But you're not a Black, are you?

The child shuddered, fearing that this idiotic bewitched object would reveal his secret.

- Do not worry, only you hear me and I do not have the habit of discussing the secrets of the students with the directors.

It only half reassured the child.

- I remember your father, a real scribbler. Oh, I know you think he cheated on me, but you're wrong. Sirius Black had his place in this house. Was he not loyal and courageous enough to sacrifice everything, to hide everything for love?

Alexander frowned. He had always believed that the object had been manipulated. So his father was really a griffondor. Interesting.

- As for you, you could follow in his footsteps, or go to Ravenclaw because of your taste for knowledge, or even to Hufflepuff: you are extremely loyal to those around you.

He did not answer, suspecting that the object was teasing him. The Hufflepuffs were right, he made fun of this kind of notion.

- But you will only bloom in one house is not it? So be it.

- SLYTHERIN

No house applauded him, no noise was heard. He identified his new home by noting the green insignia and headed for her. His father had warned him. He was considered a traitor by the scribblers since he had turned his back on Dumbledore, but also by the Slytherins since he had never been part of the Death Eaters, moreover, the treason of Bellatrix did not help. The reception could be icy.

That's why he decided to sit at the end of the table, away. It was better to avoid the Slytherin explanations being made in the Great Hall. As he sat down, he felt an inquisitive look on him, raising his head, he surprised Dumbledore who was watching him, his silver eyes seeming to read in him, careful, he turned his head, breaking and preventing any contact.

- Bones Susan!

The breakdown was resumed, she sat down and the hat took a few moments before deciding.

- HUFFLEPUF, exclaimed the hat again.

She smiled widely and ran almost to the table of what would be her home. Immediately Hannah greeted her with great gestures, certainly happy to find a friend so quickly.

- Boot Terry.

A brown boy approached the hat, the latter seemed to hesitate a little before declaring:

- SERPENTARD.

And the distribution continued. Alexander lost interest in her, preferring to look around. He felt a few aggressive looks from his comrades who did not seem happy to receive the son of a traitor between their walls. Draco was throwing a few worried glances at him, fearing that he would end up irritated by this attitude. He hoped his friend would join him, everything would be so simple if everyone understood Malfoy's relationship with Black at once. At the teachers' table, a man with dirty brown hair was watching him. Exasperated at feeling all those glances at him, Alexander let out a cynical smile in his direction. Could not they all leave him alone? He was not sure anymore, suddenly that Hogwarts was such a good idea. Lost in his thoughts and observations, he completely forgot the distribution and let himself go. Soon, everyone would swallow their mocking smiles, their condescending airs. He would bend them to his will. He did not realize it, but little by little the little boy of twelve was scary.

At the time of his distribution, all had noted his manners, his approach, but there remained only a first year, small, brown and son of a traitor, however their opinion would quickly evolve.

Some Slytherins quickly noticed the closed and aggressive expression of this new student, but what made them shudder was his gaze. There was black, powerful hatred that no child should have felt. Gradually his azure eyes darkened, seeming to drown in the darkness.

- Marcus, look! Whispered Adrian Pucey to his Quidditch captain.

The child attracted attention, a dark aura began to appear around him, and even outside the Slytherin table, the pupils and teachers left the distribution of the gaze, when suddenly ...

- So cousin, we're in the same house! Draco Malfoy happily exclaimed, new admitted to Slytherin giving a friendly pat on the back of the head to Alexander.

The effect was immediate. Elder Black relaxed suddenly, even offering a tender smile to his cousin.

- I did not doubt it, no other house could welcome you.

His voice was soft, in a tone he usually only used to address Sophia. It was his way of thanking him. He knew what had happened and he was grateful for avoiding it. A complicit glance is enough to communicate all this.

- Malfoy, you can come sit here. Invited Marcus Flint who had received strict orders from his father on how to treat the son of one of the Dark Lord's most popular Death Eaters.

The blond boy stared at him for a moment, his gray eyes hard, a bad smile on his pretty face. At that moment, the relationship between the two children was blatant.

- No thanks, I prefer to stay with the young Lord Black, my cousin.

With that, he sat down opposite him, as if to prevent him from getting lost in the observation of the great hall. The two boys carelessly followed the rest of the distribution. Draco told him innocently that Hermione Granger had been distributed to Gryffindor and Neville Longbottom. They witnessed Henry Potter's exultation when he joined them, and then Ron Weasley's exultation.

Theodore Nott was sent to Slytherin and sat down, after a few seconds of hesitation, beside Alexander. Blaise sat next to Draco when he was sent with them.

The four boys began to talk, especially Blaise and Draco. Alexander was grateful to them for not mentioning the almost incidental release of his magic. He noticed with ironic delight that the other Slytherins were still watching them, as if wondering if their future head of their house was not among them.

When he closed the ceremony, Albus Dumbledore listed some forbidden places in the castle, including a corridor on a certain floor, but they did not listen, too much amused by a joke of Blaise.

This corridor would soon become an obsession ...

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 7.1K 32
What if James did not forget his wand? What if they knew that Voldemort knew their location? What if Harry grew up with family around him? In thi...
3K 165 9
Horcruxe hunting with the Junior Hallows..... or how harry, Draco and Neville changed their lives AND futures AND brought down a dark lord at the sam...
3.7K 128 30
Remus Lupin- a confused teenage boy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Remus has secrets, two big secrets. One of which the rest of his f...
110K 2.9K 20
Harry is reborn as the eldest son of the Black family and Sirius's older brother while Ginny is reborn as a muggleborn witch. Harry makes it his miss...