The Eastern Empire

By VilouMakeup

Summary: Harry Potter is a little wizard like the others, even if his dark magic seems powerful, until the da... More

Chapter1: Discovery
Chapter2: Alexander Black
Chapter3: An eventful day
Chapter4: The Black Family
Chapter5: The Guardian
Chapter6: Childhood
Chapter8: Hogwarts
Chapter9: First Shenanigans
Chapter10: A Painful Morning
Chapter11: New Friendships
Chapter12: The art of getting noticed at the beginning of the school year
Chapter13: Squibs
Chapter14: The Trap
Chapter15: Curse and Third Eye
Chapter16: Samain
Chapter17: A Wind of Revolt
Chapter18: The Malfoy Heir and the Black Heir Invite You...
Following of The Eastern Empire
instagram

Chapter7: Preparations

8.4K 223 14
By VilouMakeup

A dilemma faced the Black-Romanov couple. Their eldest, Alexander was about eleven, the age that sealed entry to the school of witchcraft. Remained to know to which. Two choices were possible. On the one hand, they could send their son to the Hogwarts school run by Albus Dumbledore, the same one who had kidnapped them in the first years of his life. They could also prefer Dumstrang, a less prestigious school but accustomed to forming black mages. The problem was that his students were known to the Russian ministry and that Katrina suspected the presence of Letzoski's spies. In both cases, their son should be very careful and be surrounded by opponents and enemies. At Hogwarts, he would certainly find Henry Potter who would revive all the bad memories of his childhood, but also Draco Malfoy whose child did not want to be separated.

Sirius preferred Hogwarts, he knew the school and its rules, any pupil received between the walls of the school was under his protection, unless he transgressed his ancestral laws: do not kill or torture another pupil, do not attack a teacher and not introduce enemies from the place of knowing. This protection did not depend on the director, it dated from the foundation of the school and even he could not override it or he would lose any possibility of directing it. But Dumbledore was known for his manipulations and nothing would protect Alexander from them.

Katrina hesitated. She herself had been a pupil at Dumstrang, she knew this school and knew that her son would flourish, maybe too much. He might not be as careful as he would be at Hogwarts. Some older students or teachers might recognize, if he unveiled his magic, the mark of the Romanovs and Letzoski would know then that she had an heir and he an additional enemy. But she did not like the idea of ??confiding Alexander to Dumbledore at all.

Finally, they decided to leave the choice to the heir. One evening, all three of them were alone in the parlor and presented to the ten-year-old boy the choice that was open to him. He did not hesitate. It does not matter to him the presence of Dumbledore or Henry. He wanted to stay with Draco. It would be Hogwarts.

Shortly after Alexander's eleven years, the two boys, in the middle of a Russian lesson: they read about Muggle's War and Peace, and received their letters of admission to Hogwarts. They exulted with joy, Sophia began to cry at the thought of the separation and Katrina had to give up for this day.

- The mirror with two directions. We will be able to talk to each other every day, you will even meet our comrades. And we will share our progress on creating a basilisk.

Sophia put her index finger on her lower lip, a sign of great reflection. Tense, both boys were waiting for his reaction.

- It's nice to have a solution to talk to me every day Draco. I knew you did not want to be separated from me.

As usual, the little blond blushed, cursing internally the strength that always pushed him to comfort this ungrateful. At least, at Hogwarts, he would be quiet.

"That's a good idea, Draco," Alexander said.

"Yes, I could watch you like that," she added.

It was at this moment that Draco Malfoy realized that no, Hogwarts did not mean peace. The child had fixed his eyes on these words, indicating that this surveillance was intended for him. What could have passed through his head to give his enemy the weapons to weaken him?

It was decided that Sirius would take Alexander that afternoon to buy his wand from Gregorovitch, the most famous manufacturer in Eastern Europe. Sophia asked to accompany him, but it was futile. Sirius explained that the acquisition of his wand was a solemn moment for a sorcerer, almost sacred. Having spectators was not desirable.

- In a few years, you too will have your wand. I will accompany you to Gregorovitch's house and you will find this piece of wood that will become an extension of you.

The child frowned.

- I'm getting tired of always hearing that I'm too young! I know how the future will be, I just want it to start now. I do not want to wait anymore.

Sirius thoughtfully looked at his daughter. Several times already she had spoken of this knowledge of the future. Katrina and he were intrigued by these speeches.

- Little sister, you have to be patient. You are too weak to face these days. You must learn, grow. Listen to Aunt Bella's advice, work with mom, master the etiquette with grandmother, prepare yourself so that the future you are waiting for is as beautiful as possible.

Alexander was always sweet with his younger sister. He yielded to her a lot, listened to her thoughts on her future marriage, she never even specified who would be the lucky one, but he also knew how to play the role of big brother to perfection. When he spoke to her like this, the child always recorded the advice, absorbed it, and fed on it. All knew that despite her small manipulations, she admired her elder. Alexander was his hero and his word was more precious than that of a god.

She nodded, almost ashamed now of her impatience. Yes, she would work hard and be up to it when the day comes.

Thus Sirius and Alexander apparated to the Magiya district. Gregorovitch held his baguette shop there, a few steps from the Sureau café, on the main street. It took place in buildings of four floors, probably dating from the nineteenth century. All the little Russians went to this shop to receive their wands. A trade war was raging between Ollivanders, the English manufacturer and Gregorovitch. He murmured that if the chopsticks of the English were, for the most part, more powerful than those of Russian, the latter had the capacity to produce some exceptional chopsticks, for future great wizards. Thus, we went home with the hope of being endowed with one of these chopsticks and it came out most often disappointed. Unlike Ollivanders, who used only three hearts for his creations: the unicorn hair, the phoenix feather and the dragon ventricle, the Russian liked experimenting with various ingredients. The problem remained that most of his creations never found wizard to their measure.

Sirius pushed open the massive door of the shop. They entered a bright room, embellished with two massive armchairs and a large desk. The space was quite small, most of the space in the room was reserved for the owner and his chopsticks. The walls were lined with large bookcases, on which were arranged long chopsticks boxes, meticulously classified according to their heart, their wood and their size. Everything breathed here order and calm: Gregorovitch was famous for his manic character. For a wizard like Sirius, who got his wand at Ollivanders, the contrast was crystal clear. The English shop breathed creation, imagination and madness, that of the Russian method, organization and scientific know-how.

An old, long-haired wizard raised the head of his studio, located at the far right of the room and sheltered curious eyes by large libraries full of rods.

- Hello, a little wizard looking for his wand?

He approached, already studying the child to find the one that would suit him best.

Alexander was not big for his eleven years. He stood upright and princely beside his father, staring at the wizard with a look that made him uncomfortable. He seemed to study the world, to observe in order to detect the weaknesses of his interlocutors. He had inherited from his mother that famous look, which without necessarily attacking the interlocutor, pushed him greatly to serve and obey. His skin was pale, of a delicate whiteness and contrasted with his raven hair. The latter was cut to the square and a few strands fell regularly, becoming the eyes.

Gregorovitch frowned. He did not recognize the father of the child, a hint less to find the perfect wand.

- You are ?

The man who must have been between thirty and forty years old answered.

- Sirius Black and this is my son, Alexander Black. We come to get him his wand for his eleven years. I had mine in England, we lived there at the time but regrettable events made us emigrate.

The old wizards nodded, of course he had heard of a kidnapping story a few years ago. He turned to the child.

- I'm going to ask you a few questions. Answer it honestly, it will help me find your wand.

Alexander questioned his father. Should he be sincere? The latter reassured him, meaning with a smile that everything that would be said here would not come out.

- What is the sorcerer you admire the most?

The children often answered the same names: Merlin, Voldemort, Letzoski, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Slytherin, Gryffindor, Vulchanova (1), ... But Alexander seemed to think longer than most.

- I will say my mother, she is powerful and intelligent. Yes, my mother.

Sirius smiled while cursing his son. It was going to lead to questions, they would have to play it fine or reveal everything.

The manufacturer was surprised. Few children of this age had gone beyond the boundless admiration of their parents, and the child was not to be very walled.

- And apart from your mom?

Alexander frowned. Why did he suddenly talk to him like an idiot? He thinks all the same. There were two characters he admired, but he hesitated to reveal them. After all, his father had told him to be honest ...

- Grigori Rasputin then, or Herpo the infamous.

Gregorovitch shuddered. Who was this child? First he replied that the one he admired the most in the world was his mother, and then he quoted two wizards famous for their attachment to black magic.

- Herpo the infamous Alexander? Sirius asked, whining at the mention of the name.

- Yes, he created the first basilisk in the world, I admire him for this feat.

Sirius panicked. How did he know this snake? This sorcerer? He remembered all the questions about snakes, the killer look of some creatures, the size of the cellar ... He remembered the strange request of a boy on his seventh birthday: a toad, Draco had asked for an egg of hen a few months later. Did they try to create nothing less than a basilisk? And the drawings of Sophia where they all rode a big snake ...

- Alexander! Did you do what I think?

The child lowered his head, ashamed of being caught. Sirius felt the fear surrounding his heart. If they had succeeded, they would certainly be dead all three, killed at a glance by their creation. It was no time for remonstrances, but he swore to watch them more closely, hoping they had not waited for spells to begin and had simply abandoned the project.

- Why Rasputin? Gregorovitch asked.

No child ever mentioned this almost taboo name in Russia. Alexander looked at his father and smiled like a hungry snake.

- Because he is my great great grandfather, that he saved my grandmother Anastasia, and that my mother always says that he is the most powerful wizard known to our lineage, until today 'hui.

Gregorovitch's eyes widened. Could this child be ... ?

- What is your real name?

Sirius sighed, allowing his son to reveal it, after all he'd said, it would not make anything worse.

- Alexander Nicholas Romanovich.

Gregorovitch sat down to regain his composure. He knew the name, very well, but he did not know the existence of an heir.

- I did not know that Lady Romanov had an heir, I've been using it for years, as my father and my grandfather did with his family. My family has always been at your service, even at the darkest moments of your history. She never talked about you. If even our older, loyal followers do not know your existence, you should be more careful. This is not the kind of thing you should reveal.

- Katrina explicitly told me that she trusted you when we left. Alexander knows there are things he must not reveal. He is used to it. But for once he could claim his ancestry, he did not deprive himself of it.

The old man nodded, again watching the little boy, the heir of the one he had served for so many years. Now that he knew, the resemblance was obvious to him. This look, he knew it, the same color, the same expression.

- I even sold his wand to your mother. I remember this little girl, so exceptional already. You look a lot like him.

He finally recovered from the shock and began his reflections. The child was a Romanov and a Black. He would certainly have a strong affinity with black magic, which was already refining his research. He got up suddenly and rushed to a box that he tore out of his pile and he pulled out a wand.

- yew wood, dragon ventricle, 25 centimeters, perfect for spells.

Alexander reached out and grabbed it.

- Give a little help, shake.

The child obeyed and a wave of magic made a whole shelf shine, scattering the chopsticks. He put it down immediately, embarrassed by the disorder caused.

- No, definitely not.

The man thought for a moment and rushed this time to a library on the right and took out a new wand.

- Elm wood, dragon ventricle, 23 centimeters, powerful and made for a duelist.

Alexander grabbed it, dubiously and turned his wrist. An explosion sounded in front of him and a new shelf collapsed.

- Not yet. The ventricle does not go, the reaction is violent.

Gregorovitch sat back, while not letting Alexander eyes.

- I'm going to ask you a few more questions, be honest.

And the interrogation, Alexander lived this way, began. The old man asked him a thousand questions: from his favorite color, to his favorite season to his favorite ice cream scent. A few times he stood up and handed a new wand to the child who was usually blowing up a new shelf under Sirius' amused eyes. But the child began to worry: "And if he did not find a wand, how would he do it? "

- I do not understand, nothing suits you, I tried all the most classic hearts and you reject them all. I'm missing something. I miss an information. Tell me about you boy, introduce yourself.

He rolled his eyes, all that was beginning to tire him.

- My name is Alexander Nicholas Romanovich, I am eleven years old, my parents are Sirius Black and Katrina Romanov. I have a six-year-old sister named Sophia. My best friend is Draco Malfoy. My aunt Bellatrix Black put me under the keeper's spell, I had a dark instinctive magic, I'm parseltongue ...

It was cut by the reaction, the most noisy and animated manufacturer.

- What! You're parseltongue and you only tell me now! By Merlin! This explains your rejection of the dragon ventricle! Snakes and dragons are rivals, you could not accept it!

The man rushed, despite his old age, to one of the few libraries left behind Alexander. He pulled out an old box, buried under the others.

- Elder wood, heart in ventricle of basil, 21 centimeters. One of my rarest creations. I'll let you grab it. It reacts very badly when it is seized.

The little boy took the wand and felt his magic shudder with satisfaction. Subjugated by the sensation, he closed his eyes and forgot to move his wrist.

- My boy, a little blow, please.

He complied and a thin dark trail coming out of his wand.

- Perfect ! A prince's wand. Be very careful, she reacts violently when someone other than her master holds it, you will have to tell your loved ones. She sent to the hospital the last one to whom I proposed it.

This last sentence earned him a glare from Sirius who did not like the wizard's offering his son a dangerous wand without warning them of danger. But to see the obvious joy and well-being of the latter, he forgot his anger. Without removing him from his second state, he left the shop, having tried to settle the wand, which Gregorovitch had refused, arguing that there was no question that his prince was paying, that the honor of providing it it was enough for him.

The rest of the week went more serenely. Alexander did not let go of his wand, Draco was jealous, he would not get his on Saturday, when they would all go to Diagon Alley. The expedition announced, for the three children, exceptional. Sirius, Lucius and Narcissa would accompany the children for the day. They would start by buying the famous uniforms, then go to eat in a restaurant chosen by the Malfoys, most of Sirius' favorite establishments had, for the most part, closed. The afternoon will be devoted to school supplies and the purchase of books.

On Saturday morning it was three Blacks in a dangerous state of excitement that struck Malfoy Manor half an hour before the agreed time. If one could easily understand the condition of the two children, by their age and the joy of discovery, Narcissa and Lucius did not forgive Sirius. A man of this age could not behave so! Indeed, the father was not much better than the children. He had risen alone, fully awake, which was a feat when you knew him. He had then spent more than an hour choosing his outfit: he wanted to impose it, to show everyone that he must now be treated as the Lord Black and not as the exuberant young man that some had known. Since then, he was no longer in place, pacing the halls of the palace with impatience, accompanied by his two children. Katrina ended up chasing them, giving the Malfoys the chance to endure them earlier than she expected, and she was worried about some of the vicious glimpses that Bellatrix threw at her cousin. She had certainly not enjoyed this awakening with fanfare. For their safety, both physical and mental, they had to leave this palace.

So the three Blacks accompanied Malfoy's breakfast, staring impatiently at the clock's clock and sighing at Draco's slowness not awake.

The splendor of Malfoy Manor was not even noticed by the children who discovered the house. It was not usual to see them in such a state: these little ones rarely behaved like those of their age. The adults, especially Lucius and Narcissa since Sirius seemed to behave like them, did not know how to handle them.

Finally, the breakfast was shipped and a quarter of an hour later, everyone apparated in the direction of Traverse Road. Lucius and Narcissa were praying for the return of calm.

They were answered, in part. Alexander was disappointed. It was just a busy shopping street crowded with passersby. The storefronts tried to catch the eye, exposing their colorful windows to the onlookers. We were far from the grandeur of the Magiya neighborhood. This street looked more like a shambles than a centuries-old neighborhood. He did not, however, share his disappointment, contenting himself with following his family in silence, but this sudden change affected his sister, who soon calmed down.

They chained the shops: purchases of uniforms, school supplies, books. Sophia did not let go of his brother's hand, observing his surroundings from the corner of his eye. Like Alexander, she was disappointed with this visit, but most of all, all the excitement made her very uncomfortable. She did not like the noise, the jostling. She had always lived in peace, with few people and this confrontation with the crowd was quite violent.

The morning passed thus. Narcissa and Lucius had quickly sighed with relief that they would not have to deal with two excited kids anymore. Sirius continued to gloat at him. It brought him back to his past and his childhood. He loved the disorder and chaos that reigned on this street, but he restrained himself, he must now behave like Lord. He no longer had the excuse of his blanket to give free rein to his crazy young dog temperament.

They could finally enjoy a little calm for lunch. The Malfoys also did not like the hustle and bustle and the restaurant they chose to sweat the calm. Very chic, the bright room, with beige wall and blue wings, appeased the spirits. The room was large and spacious, furnished with various round tables with white tablecloths. The guests seemed to belong to the witch aristocracy, or at least they behaved as such. They were placed at the request of Lucius in a corner, where they could observe without being seen immediately by the newcomers. The three children stood side by side, Sophia in the middle as often. Sirius stood on the left of his son and Draco's parents to the right of theirs.

- Alexander, since you are doing so, you will help your sister if she needs it. Whispered Sirius.

The child nodded. Soon the waiter approached and gave them the cards. They ordered and began to relax and converse calmly.

- So which house do you think are boys? Asked Sirius.

- Slytherin of course! Draco exclaimed under the amused gaze of his parents.

- I think I'm closer to Slytherin, but Ravenclaw would go too, I suppose. Alexander added.

- No, you're too sadistic to go to Ravenclaw, my brother. You will both go to Slytherin. Concludes Sophia.

The meal passed thus, as during his last days, the two boys imagined themselves already at Hogwarts under the veiled glance of Sophia's sadness. Seeing Alexander so happy about his future departure with Draco, Sirius did not regret leaving his son a choice. Maybe placing him near Dumbledore was not safe, but at least he would stay close to his only friend.

The afternoon was only a series of shops that quickly tired Alexander. They noticed a few astonished and disapproving looks directed at Sirius: the majority of the wizards seemed to have gone with Dumbledore's version, that he had removed the child to protect him from the evil Black influence, but no one Dared to make them the slightest remark. It would have been crazy to want it. Their small group impressed: the Malfoys, faithful to themselves surrounded, princely, the Black, dissuading, by their reputation, whoever came to approach them. The latter by their demarches and their outfits represented the most powerful aristocracy and nobody used to come to lure such wizards.

This day was brightened for the two Black children when they stopped at the pet shop to buy an owl or owl from Alexander, while Draco and his parents went to buy his wand. As usual, Alexander rushed against the birds and approached the snakes, followed closely by his little sister.

- Look at this one, he is too beautiful, he looks naughty and more. I would love to get him out of here and have him by my side! Exclaimed the girl, pointing to a cobra.

- I prefer this one, it is bigger. Alexander indicated showing a boa.

- And look at this little viper, she is cute!

And they stayed like that, much to the dismay of their father who was trying to bring his son back to the owls. Whatever he did, it was always so. His children were obsessed with snakes. The day before, he had discussed with Katrina to offer an animal to Sophia, to console her for the departure of her brother. But a snake was unthinkable: Alexander would not appreciate that his sister was entitled to what she had been denied during her childhood, but she would not want any other animal. He decided to play fair.

- Sophia, come here.

The little girl finally looked away from the "cute" little viper and obeyed. Sirius went up to him.

- Your mother and I decided that you could have an animal so that you feel less lonely after your brother's departure.

A big smile lit up the little girl's face.

- But I think it would be unfair for you to choose a snake.

The smile disappeared.

- Your brother has always wanted one, and even now he can not have one. They are not accepted at Hogwarts.

The child's gaze became thoughtful and the father gave his daughter time to decide.

- Okay. I understand. So I want a cat.

Did she do it on purpose? He hated those dirty guys. But faced with the sacrifice of his daughter, he could not refuse his choice again.

It was thus that Sophia acquired a black kitten with black eyes which she named Pythonisse. Alexander ended by choosing a scared owl that he simply called Lady.

They then found the Malfoys and Draco immediately showed his hawthorn wand containing unicorn hair. The children were tired, the packs and animals were cluttering them, so the parents decided to go home and the visit ended.

The summer was happy but borrowed from a certain melancholy. For all, the departure of the boys marked the end of an era, the end of childhood in a certain way. Sophia was crying that his two landmarks would be gone soon, Sirius was preparing to stop seeing his son every day, Bellatrix was choking Alexander on various boards, Walburga was spending his time telling his grandson about his experience at Hogwarts, and Anastasia was reviewing the whole protocol. of the Court with him. Katrina was not very present, too taken in her homework and plans of taking power. She told them one evening that the hour of the coup was approaching, as if she had waited for the departure of her heir for Hogwarts in order to implement it.

The days and weeks passed and one morning it was time for departure.

Sirius and Sophia accompanied Alexander to King Cross. Arrived at the station, they noticed some wizards among the muggles, the wagons crumbling under the old trunks made them easily recognizable, as well as the cages where the owls roamed. The children followed their father to Pier 9 and 10, curiously observing the few Muggles they met. Arrived near a wall, Sirius whispered to Alexander.

- Advance without thinking, you will pass.

The child trusted his father, he was not the type to have fun throwing him into a wall and he entered the platform 9 ¾.

A multitude of children and adolescents were there, accompanied by their parents. Goodbye fired, tips and warnings were issued as children ran to schoolmates. A keen eye could easily discern first-year students and others, their behavior differed. The younger ones shyly stood by their parents, waiting anxiously for the departure time. Unconsciously, Alexander moved closer to his father, who laid a comforting hand on his shoulder. Sophia took hold of her brother's hand and squeezed it with all her strength. They stayed away, enjoying this last moment with the family before the Christmas holidays. They did not speak, they were waiting for the time of separation. The mythical locomotive of the Hogwarts Express sat, attracting the curious eyes of the children. Alexander admired the mix of muggle technology and magic represented by this craft.

After a few minutes, they saw the three Malfoys waiting, too, away from the crowd. Narcissa looked at her son, tears in her eyes, and Lucius, like Sirius, clung to the boy's shoulder. His face lit up when he noticed his friend. They approached them, avoiding somehow this badly raised mass that jostled without apology.

- Well, the hour of the big departure rang. Sirius spoke in a voice from which his tension was palpable.

These words triggered Sophia's tears.

- No, do not leave.

She took refuge against her brother, sobbing. The latter tried somehow to keep his composure, but at this moment, all the excitement of departure and the joy of the discovery of Hogwarts had disappeared. If he had been given the choice, he would have stayed with his sister, at home, with all his family.

- Boys, it's time, if you wait until the last moment, you will not find a free compartment.

They kissed their parents one last time and Sophia and without looking back they headed for the train. The stress of separation was very strong and both were happy to find the comforting presence of their best friend. They found an empty compartment and rushed in, looking for their family through the window.

Their eyes finally crossed and they could exchange some last signs before the departure. Sophia had taken her place in her father's arms and her eyes, red with tears, squeezed the hearts of the two boys.

Soon, a deafening noise meant the departure of the Hogwarts Express, the train set off and the wharf and their families moved away.

Alexander turned to Draco and announced:

- Here we go, for Hogwarts.

The words promised the adventure, but a sad smile adorned his face.

To be continued

1: Nerida Vulchanova is the founder of Dumstrang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 587 21
Draco Malfoy. Everyone knows him as the cold, cruel, heartless, cowardly, pure-blood Slytherin king. Well, they’re wrong. Draco’s in Gryffindor. Harr...
36.1K 781 28
Hadrian Tobias Evans-Snape. A clever, cunning boy, with a lot of smarts and bravery. He is very kind, and he loves his family dearly. His mother, Lil...
286K 7.1K 32
What if James did not forget his wand? What if they knew that Voldemort knew their location? What if Harry grew up with family around him? In thi...
131K 3K 113
Rigel Sirius Black was the son of Sirius Black. Raised in an orphanage unloved and uncared for, he was surprised he had received a letter of admissio...