Rare Blood

By ShelbyAnne

If you were being hunted by Vampires, could you trust one to protect you? Twenty-year-old Faye Porter will... More

Chapter One: Fate
Chapter Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Three: Introductions
Chapter Four: Breakfast Bites
Chapter Five: One night in Satin
Chapter Six: Waiting
Chapter Seven: Blood Bank
Chapter Eight: Sweet Dreams
Chapter Nine: Company
Chapter Ten: Good Intentions
Chapter Eleven: Something Special
Chapter Twelve: It's no Myth
Chapter Thirteen: A Promise
Chapter Fourteen: Tinted Green
Chapter Fifteen: Revelations
Chapter Sixteen: Sour Grapes
Chapter Seventeen: FUBAR
Chapter Eighteen: Baby Steps
Chapter Nineteen: Medieval Craftsmanship
Chapter Twenty: All's fair in love and war
Chapter Twenty-One: A Little Past and Present
Chapter Twenty-Two: Soldiering On
Chapter Twenty-Three: Trading Up
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Cabin
Chapter Twenty-Five: Shattered
Chapter Twenty-Six: A Destiny Revealed
Chapter Twenty-Seven: In too Deep
Chapter Twenty-Eight: It's Not All Fun and Games
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Crescendo
Chapter Thirty: Needs
Chapter Thirty-One: Defined
Chapter Thirty-Two: Pancakes and Death Threats
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Calm Before A Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: Friends
Chapter Thirty-Five: No Mercy
Chapter Thirty-Six: Manila Hurts
Chapter Thirty-Seven: To Live or Die
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bonding
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Groundwork
Chapter Forty: Succeeding Sucks
Chapter Forty-One: Rattled
Chapter Forty-Two: Plans for a Monarchy
Chapter Forty-Three: It Can't End Like This
Chapter Forty-Five: Unholy Intentions
Chapter Forty-Six: Almost...
Chapter Forty-Seven: Battling Heartache
Chapter Forty-Eight: What Goes Up Must Come Down
Chapter Forty-Nine: Together Again
Chapter Fifty: Something Normal and Wilted
Chapter Fifty-One: A Prophecy Fulfilled
Chapter Fifty-Two: Veils of Calm
Chapter Fifty-Three: We're All Alright

Chapter Forty-Four: The New Authority

2.6K 160 10
By ShelbyAnne

Faye woke to the sound of a door closing. She opened her eyes and was horrified by her surroundings and the beast of a man holding a white bunch of fabric approaching her. The room had plain white walls and no windows. The only light was coming from a single silver scroll lamp with a white shade sitting on top of a nightstand next to the twin size bed she was lying on.

The man was older and shared a lot of similarities with Uncle Fester from the Adams Family. She scrambled off the bed prepared to fight though it didn't look promising for her.

"Who are you? Where am I," she questioned.

"Dress," was his reply and he laid the white fabric on top of the bed.

"No," She refused then noticed she was wearing the green dress from her Halloween costume and it was bloodstained. The last thing she remembered was going into the bathroom of that dirty little motel room to put the thing on... 

"Oh god," she said as the realization of what was happening slammed into her like an eighteen wheeler with no brakes.

The hole in her memory was the result of a  Vampire's blood. Cyrus told her their blood healed and erased memories.

"What happened? Why am I covered in blood and where is Elsie," she demanded.

"Dress," he repeated coldly.

"Who are you," she demanded again completely ignoring his command.

"Put the dress on-"

"No," she balked, but he kept talking, "Or I'll do it for you," with a deliberate smile, displaying his fangs.

Faye got the feeling he was hoping that's how it was gonna go down and she had a real oh shit moment. He was a Vampire and there was no way she could fight him off, but she wasn't built to simply back down. She had to try something and she decided to hit him with the lamp. She was a step away from the thing so all she had to do was lunge for it then crack him over the head and make her way out the door he had come through. It seemed like a great plan... until she took that first step. He had her pinned up against the wall before she even got her fingers on it.

The Vampire shifted her hands into one of his and started to lift the hemline of the green dress making her skin crawl.

"Ok, Ok, I'll do it," she yielded and to her relief, he eased off, but he didn't turn around. The bastard watched her shuck the green and slip into the white. The fabric was thin and the bodice was strapless and stretchy like a tube top. The bottom half was a gossamer material that touched the floor and left little to the imagination. There was no way she would have ever worn anything like it and she asked sarcastically, "Happy," but he said nothing. He simply reached out and slung her up and over his shoulder. She struggled as he carried her out of the room and down a flight of steps. He sat her down in front of a heavy wooden door and ordered, "Enter."

"Why? What's in there," she asked, but he ignored her and pushed the door open then shoved her into the room. She fell to a cold white and grey marble floor.

Faye lifted her head and the scene that she had been pushed into came together leaving her speechless.

The room was large and round with black walls and every ten feet or so there was a large grey and white marble column built into the wall. In between the columns were silver sconces with burning candles and hanging from the center of the room was a large crystal chandelier. Directly under it was a black oval table.  The chairs surrounding were all facing a platform where two silver chairs sat. They had molded gargoyles for legs and came to vicious looking points above the head rests.

On the wall behind the chairs hung two, three foot long swords with their blades crossing, she swallowed nervously. The gothic lair she had been tossed into was silent, but not empty, and all eyes were on her.

"Hello Ms. Porter," came a voice full of confidence and authority. She looked to the speaker who was a younger Vampire with dark hair and light eyes. He was sitting in one of the thrones and next to him was a girl she recognized from that day at the diner when she decided to leave with Cyrus. It was Roxanne LaValle, the cause of all her problems.

"Mmm... Listen to your heart fly," the Vampire said, sounding delighted, before questioning, "Are you afraid?"

"No," she lied.

He laughed, "Of course you're not. I am Dmitri and I believe you have already met Roxanne..."

"Hello again," The dark haired female said.

"Where's Elsie," Faye asked sounding a little breathy, but still managing to convey the anger boiling inside her.

"The wolf is fine no thanks to your antics inside the van, but you don't remember that do you?"

Faye shook her head no and asked again, "Where is she?"

"She'll be joining us later."

"Don't hurt her. She's not what you want."

"Oh, but I've always wanted a dog," he said then nodded, "Have a seat," and he gestured to her escort who grabbed her upper arm and pushed her down into a chair that had silently been placed behind her. He held her in place as he turned her palms up and strapped her arms down.

"What are you doing? Why are you doing this?"

"I think you know why, and the what is right around the corner. Tell me Ms. Porter, do needles make you squeamish?"

Faye started squirming and Roxanne laughed as Mr. Hands On, unzipped something behind her then tied a thin rubber tube around her upper arm. He held a large needle up for her to see then stuck it into the crook of her arm, into her vein. He wasn't delicate like a nurse would've been and she winced.

Her blood began to flow into a bag just like she was giving a donation. She felt weaker almost instantly. "Please," she said. "You can't do this to me. Please... stop."

"Oh don't worry. We're only going to harvest a pint... that way" he said as her mind began to feel heavy. Giving blood had never been something she could handle and this time was no exception. By the time the bag was full she was hanging on to a thin string of lucidity.

The big bastard removed the needle from her arm then asked, "May I," and as Dmitri nodded she knew he hadn't been asking if he could give her juice or cookies. Nope, no post blood donation sugar for her, he had been seeking permission to taste what was left over.

The Vampire put his dirty mouth on her arm to lick the remaining blood from the puncture wound and she actually gagged. Everyone laughed deflating her.

Roxy could hardly contain herself she was so pumped for what was coming. Faye was gagging from her keeper just licking her arm and that was nothing compared to what was going to happen. Roxy was quite literally on the edge of her seat as Dmitri nodded towards her, giving her permission to start the festivities. She rose from the black velvet cushion on her silver throne and ordered, "Bring the traitors."

This is it, she thought. She was finally going to get revenge for her maker, her mother, her Dominique.

The first two brought into the room were Council members that Roxy had never met, but if Dmitri said they were involved they were as good as dead. They were held in place by the giant from the dungeon as Dmitri said, "You abused the rights I bestowed on you as members of my council. You deceived me and now your time is up."

Their heads were severed with one sweep of a blade. The corpses fell to the floor and the Rare Blood started screaming as they began to blacken and flake.

Dmitri said, "Silence her," and she screeched until a piece of tape was fixed over her mouth as two more members were brought in.  The process repeated until the whole council had been decapitated. 

Dmitri turned towards Roxy and said, "I saved the best for last. Are you ready?"

"Yes," she answered unfaltering.

"Then you may have the honors, as promised," and he removed one of the diamond encrusted swords from the wall and handed it to her.

 Roxy let the weight of the blade settle in her grip then she glided forward in her black satin cocktail dress as Hector and Tatiana were brought in to stand in the piles of ash. She looked back at Dmitri who simply nodded and said, "This is your part of the show my dear, have at it." 

Roxy was ready and she didn't say anything as she stood in front of Tatiana.

"Roxanne please don't do this," Hector tried weakly to beg for his maker's life. Roxy laughed then raised the sword and said, "I hope you rot in hell," as she swung and cut a head off for the first time.

She was surprised by how easily the sword went through the bone. If she didn't know any better she could have been slicing through a Jell-O mold. Her thought was cut short as Hector sagged and cried out with the pain she knew all to well. His maker was dead and it felt good knowing that Hector got to experience that. She then lifted her arm to remove Hectors head, but she froze mid-swing. Why should his suffering end here, a voice inside her asked.

She spent years dealing with the loss of Dominique and she wasn't ok with setting Hector free so soon.

"Roxy," Dmitri said urging her on, but if she was going to be a Queen why couldn't she have a prisoner of her own? She lowered the sword and said, "Dmitri, I feel like ending his life so soon is a gift he doesn't deserve. I want him to rot. I want him tortured until he is nothing but a lump of decay. Then and only then, will I remove his head."

Dmitri looked at her with an obvious appreciation and said, "As you wish." 

Hector was then dragged from the room and Roxy looked up at Dmitri as he approached her and placed a kiss on her lips.  He took her hand and led her to stand next to the Rare Blood. A crystal cordial was sat in front of the Vampires seated around the table. The glasses were filled with a shot of the blood that had been collected from Faye.

When every glass was filled Dmitri began to speak, "Hear me now my children. Each and every one of you was chosen for your youth, your strength, your intelligence, and your ability to remain loyal. From this moment on you will address me as your King and Roxanne as your Queen. You are my inner circle, my new council. The new authority. You shall have everything you've ever wanted and together we will conquer the world. Now raise your glasses and toast to our future," he then turned towards Roxy with his fangs out as they both leaned in and sunk their teeth into Faye's neck opposite one another.

They drank until her heart slowed and they had to stop. Dmitri took his index finger and pierced the skin, he then put a drop of his blood into Faye's mouth to heal her so they could do it all over again. Roxy smiled feeling intoxicated by Faye's blood and went over to her throne at the head of the room.  She sank down closing her eyes to let the blood move through her. She heard Dmitri say, "Leave us," and when she opened her eyes they were alone aside from a sleeping Faye.

"How do you feel," he asked.

"Wonderful. I still don't understand why we can't kill Cyrus yet, but I guess it doesn't really matter now."

"We can't get rid of him until he tells us about his connection to the wolves. I know that's where he was hiding our little Rare Blood and I don't like that he has alliances we know little about. We can't pretend they aren't a threat, especially now that we took one of them."

"Why don't we just let her go? We have the Rare Blood, why do we need to keep the Shifter?"

"I was thinking maybe we might try and turn her... I really do want a dog."

Roxy laughed as Dmitri leaned down and kissed her with an unmistakable intent.

"My Queen," he said then lifted her out of the chair and laid her out on top of the table where they spent a few hours doing what they did best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

In White Robes By imkellyy

Mystery / Thriller

630 23 22
(COMPLETE - Book One in an Upcoming Trilogy) They're changing us. We're here for a reason." Kay, a 19-year old wolf, lives a life chained up at the h...
1.4K 50 7
In the final installment of THE KEEPERS OF LIGHT trilogy, Abby and Wesley have found themselves in the middle of a war. Friendships and loyalties wil...
195K 6.6K 73
Secrets. Secrets have a way of keeping people captive and driving them to fear. Two worlds, one family, and endless secrets. Kaitlyn lived on her ow...
406K 18.2K 62
❝Her eyes spoke more than her lips moved.❞ After her pack is brutally taken over, Leila is forced to reside in the untamed lands of the Lycan kingdom...