Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 6- New Home

178 4 0
By heartofthesouth

Logan pulled his mobile phone away from his ear, as the call ended.

"Were getting the train from here to the station closest to the school. Then they'll pick us up." I nodded, and pulled my hood further over my head, as Logan wandered out onto Main Street, leaving me with the unconscious body of Remy Lebeau. I sighed and hug myself as I stood there waiting for him. It was quiet here. I could still here the buzz of mental thoughts belonging to the citizens of New York, but it was much quieter. Suddenly a horn blasted welcoming the sight of a yellow taxi cab. Logan stepped out of it and walked over to me.

"I'll get Remy, you get in the cab." I nodded quickly and slipped into the back seat. The taxi driver looked over his seat as Logan shoved Remy into the leather seat beside me.

"Is he ok?" I looked at Remy and saw him slightly snoring.

"He's got narcolepsy he'll be awake soon." Logan slammed his taxi door behind him. As me and the unconscious in the back seat,

"Where to?" Logan pulled out another cocktail stick and slipped it between his teeth.

"Grand Central station bub." The man nodded and began to drive. I sighed and looked down at my feet, as we all sat there in a comfortable silence.

Gambit was still out cold. Nobody asked questions why he was unconscious, probably because no one cared. We were traveling towards The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. I sat there with my hood up shadowing my face. I shoved my hand into my pocket and conjured my headphones and phone. I pushed them into my ears and pressed play. Logan was chewing on another cocktail stick as he sat there with his hat brim low and wearing his thick leather jacket. I turned up the volume, as more people poured onto the stationary train.

Their heads were filed with idle nonsense which was going to make my nose bleed. I leaned my head back as I felt the amounting pressure on my nose, then it happened. I felt the warm blood run from my nose and over my lips; I could still hear their thoughts over my music. I turned it up again as I wiped away the steadily flowing blood. This is why I lived in the Lake District for a few years, to avoid placed like this, where there was always mental chatter even when there was verbal silence. Logan lifted up the brim of his hat and without a word and moved from the opposite side of the table, and next to me. It was much harder to get into his head making him much quieter, mentally. His Adamantium skull blocked his thoughts and others as he gridlocked them away from me. I would call it blissful, but it was as close as it would get. I smiled up at him, causing him to give a polite smirk back flashing his pointed canines. I sighed and kept my sleeve pressed up against my nose.

Soon I pulled it away to see a large black mark on it, I pattered my top lip to feel if there wasn't any blood still flowing, only to feel dry flakes underneath my fingertips. I wiped them away and sighed, as soon the last of the passengers clambered into the cabin. The speaker gave a muffed sentence and then the train began to move. I looked down at my phone and skipped to the next song, "Stand my ground by within temptation." I closed my eyes and relaxed as Gambit twitched in his unconscious sleep opposite me and Logan.

The silence between us was mutual. I knew about what he knew about his history, through that single glimpse into him mind, and he hadn't bothered to ask about my past, which I was glad about. Soon the song changed, "radioactive by Imagine Dragons ft. Kendrick Lamar." I smiled and leaned back in my seat. Logan had his arms tightly folded as he kept his head low. Soon gambit began to stir, his mental mumblings began to peak, as he began to ask questions. All in French.

"Où suis-je?" Where am I?

"Comment ai-je ici?" how did I get here? I sighed as Gambit shook his head and scowled at me. I pulled out my earphone and waited for him to speak,

"What did you do to me sorcière?" I rolled my eyes. He was so creative in calling me at witch.

"I knocked you unconscious." Logan chuckled and lifted up the brim of his hat.

"You got knocked on your ass." Gambit scowled at Logan this time. His Cajun pride was hurt. I might as well tell him the good part.

"I did kiss you though." Gambit raised a single eye brown and then smirked.

"Couldn't keep your hands off me cher?" Both I and Logan scoffed. I chuckled as Gambit's expression went from suggestive to confuse.

"She only did it to save you the broken bones." Gambit looked at me with an even more confused expression.

"What does he mean?" I sighed and finally pulled my hold down.

"By the time you were knocked out, you had broken teeth, a fractured jaw and broken ribs. I healed you, though kissing you." Remy then smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well cher, I am very grateful for your abilities." I scoffed and placed my earphones back in my ears. I looked at Logan who just slowly shook his head at Gambit, who just shrugged with a smug smirk on his lips. I pressed play on my phone and pulled my hood back up, avoiding Gambit's burning gaze. I flicked my eyes to the side to see Logan pulling down the brim of his hat. I pressed next on the phone screen, "Juke box hero by Foreigner." began to play loudly through my earphones. I sighed and closed my eyes.

Next thing I knew, I was being roughly awaken. I opened one eye to see Logan looking at me with his dark blue eyes.

"We're here kid." I groaned in annoyance and slowly opened the other eye. I slowly stood up and pulled my earphones harshly from my ears. I yawned and stretched out causing my joints to click painfully. I gave a quiet hiss as I stepped out from my seat. To see that the train was completely deserted expect for me Gambit and Logan. I gave a small sigh and bundled my phone and earphones into my pocket. I stepped off the metal step and onto the concrete platform. I looked around me and saw ornate iron and glass fixtures covering the station. I pulled down my hood and followed Gambit and Logan out to the exit to see, two people leaning against a black car.

"Welcome Miss Davis." The man who spoke had almost black sunglasses on. I felt Logan's animosity towards him.

"You must be Scott Summers." I stated matter-o-factly. I knew this was him as Logan unconsciously mumbled curses at him mentally. I looked to Scott's left to see the Beast; His name was Doctor Hank McCoy.

"It's wonderful to meet you liberty I heard that Bruce banner preformed some experiments with you, how would you feel about replicating them?" Scott looked at hank and raised an eye brow. I gave a small smile and stuck my hand out.

"That would be fine Doctor McCoy." Hank smiled at me and shook my hand hard. Finally we dropped our hands and both looked at the awaiting Scott Summers. He opened the car door and gestured for me to get in. I nodded and with a grace I did not naturally possess I slipped into the black leather interior car. Logan followed next, the gambit who sat of a seat opposite us.

The drive was verbally silent, but all of them were mentally babbling. I felt the building pressure; I threw up my mental wall, and sat there in a pained silence as their loud thoughts and questions pushed against my mental barriers. At this point I wish I was back in a train full of people, because at least they weren't talking about me. I looked out of the tinted window to see the black plaque reading, "Xavier Institute for Higher Learning." I gave a quickly sigh as the car pulled into the drive way. Scott got out of the driver's seat and opened my door. I stepped out and saw multiple students. Their eyes latched onto me, forcing me to pull my hood further over my face. I didn't like people staring, especially because I knew what they were thinking of me.

"Who is she?"

"Why is she here?"

"Why won't she show her face?" I blocked the thoughts quickly as the pressure increased. The student to pressed themselves up against the corridor walls as we passed them. Their thoughts were screaming at me, as I hurried past. Stopping the release of pressure causing my head to ache as I tried to catch up to Logan. Soon I felt relaxed as I concentrated on his quiet and protected mind. I stood close to him, as we continued through the halls.

"Too loud for you kid?" his mental voice was a whisper, so quiet but loud enough for me to hear. I looked up at him with pained grey and emerald eyes. He nodded and allowed me to stay close to him. Finally we reached an office with a large wooden door reading "Professor Xavier." Hank pushed it open for me. I walked in to deafly silence.

"You can leave Logan." I looked at Logan over my shoulder as he just stepped over the threshold.

"Hello Liberty, I'm professor Xavier." I nodded and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room.

"I know who you are, Charles Xavier." He nodded and looked at me with intelligent eyes, filled with knowledge beyond my own

"I understand that you believe that the lengths we have gone to, to find you are unorthodox but, we all believe that we need you." I nodded, from what I had seen from Ruth's description of upcoming events, they needed anyone they could get.

"I can see why you went to the lengths you did, the only thing I don't agree with is Remy Lebeau and Eric Lehnsherr hostile actions towards Tony Stark and the rest of the avengers." Charles looked guilty, as his eyes quickly dropped to the floor. He nodded slowly to himself, and moved himself around his desk and finally looked back up at me.

"I am sorry for Mr. Lebeau's actions and Mr. Lehnsherr's actions, but you must understand, we became rather desperate when it came to finding you." I nodded, as I could hear the loud laughing of teenagers outside the stain glass windows looking out onto the school grounds.

"I know, from what I've heard and seen between Remy and Logan, this event which will happen, is not just between the X-men and the enemy, but also the Avengers." Charles nodded and looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

"Now the matter of discussion, is are you willing to help us Liberty?" I looked at the stained glass window behind him, to still hear the joyful laughs of his students; I sighed and looked down at my high heel boot covered feet.

"Why did you think I came willingly in the first place?" Charles Xavier smiled, and looked past me.

"Logan you can come in now." The sturdy door swung open slamming against a book case to reveal a smirking Wolverine.

"So are you here to stay kid?" He said slightly muffled as he chewed harshly on a toothpick, almost as if he was anxious. I nodded and gave Logan a small smile.

"Yeah." He smirked causing his long canine to snap the toothpick in his mouth.

"I guess I'll give you the tour then kid." I nodded and looked over my shoulder, to see Charles Xavier now staring outside through the stain glass window panels. I looked back to Logan as he began to show me my new home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2.8K 60
AGE OF DARKNESS Book Two Sequel To Age of Glory · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · Tony Stark sighs. "You're not going with me on this, are you, Cap?" Steve Rogers si...
1.1K 47 28
~Book Two in the Ms. America Series~ Rose had been lost. Since coming off the ice, her mind became a confusing place to be. With the help of her frie...
121K 3.1K 30
Pietro's death is still haunting Wanda. She can't seem to find a reason to be happy again. That is until she meets James Buchanan Barnes. Steve Roger...
22.9K 1.4K 44
Potter Morgan needed a way out. Only in high school, boarding school was the only way. But this school is harboring a secret that can be fatal. Can P...