Listen ~ One Piece x Reader

By piratequeend

We all need an escape from the real world, and games make it easy, but what happens when those games become a... More

Gold Fables
A Good day
Stalker
Enter World of D
Gamer Paradise
Cute
Full Release
Black Blade
Old Friends

Odd

1.4K 78 12
By piratequeend

        You yawn slightly, rubbing your cheek and smiling as you walk onto the campus. You couldn't stop thinking about the game, you wanted to play more already. "Hey ___," Bonnie pokes you, making you blink back from your daydream.

"Hm? What's up?" You ask, looking at her.

"I was about to ask you, you look tired, did you stay up gaming?" She asks.

"Yeah it was an early release... So cool." You admit, smiling more.

"... Im sure it was." She smiles. Of course she didn't understand your enthusiasm for it, but you were still happy.

On your way to class, you catch sight of Dogtooth and stop, spotting him sitting against a tree with his arms folded. Was he asleep? You approach him, stopping a few feet away. "Hey... Bell's gonna ring soon." You tell him. His eyes ease open and he looks at you.

"... Thanks." He stands up, popping his neck and rolling his shoulders. You swallow slightly, his muscles rippling beneath his uniform. "We have first class together correct? Shall we go there together?" He tilts his head, eyes regarding you rather gently.

"Oh... Yeah sure..." You avert your gaze, rubbing your neck. He hums and starts that way, walking rather carefully so you could keep up. You move beside him, glancing at the scarf that hid part of his face. "... So where did you live before coming here?" You decide to ask.

"Sweet Town... Have you lived here long?" He peers back down at you with reddish eyes.

"A few years...." You shrug slightly. "Not much to do here on your own." You murmur.

"I see..." He murmurs looking ahead. "Are you doing anything after school today?" He inquires. His question caught you off guard and you blink a few times.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" You look at him again.

"I caught you off guard." He hums, sounding amused. "I was asking if you had any plans after school. My family is having a gathering and I'd like to have some company." He adds, eyes gliding back to you.

"U-Uh..." You were surprised, he was a stranger to you, and this was random. But how could you say no when he was looking straight at you? "Sure, when and where?" You breathe, offering a smile. He chuckles quietly.

"I'll walk you home so you can change then we'll head there." He says.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." You nod.

You look over, shaking Kid lightly to wake him. "Kid," You whisper. He blinks awake, looking over at you. "The test." You glance his paper pointedly.

"Shit... Thanks.." He yawns, trying to focus on it. You relax, sitting back with your own quiet yawn. An airy chuckle makes you glance to Dogtooth, but his eyes were closed and his face was hidden behind his scarf.

"Are... You laughing in your sleep...?" You mutter. He peeks an eye open at you, though you couldn't see it, you knew he was smiling. You tilt your head when he doesn't respond. "Odd guy..." You murmur before looking down.

After class Kid touches your shoulder. "Hey, seriously thanks for waking me up." He whispers.

"No problem, you look like you stayed up all night." You offer a small smile.

"Yeah, there was an early release game so..." He pauses, scratching his cheek and looking to the side. "Nevermind..." He mutters. You blink and smile a bit.

"I get it." You pat his shoulder, before taking an energy drink from your backpack. "Here, you need it more than me." You hum. He blinks at you and takes it.

"... You're really awesome ya know." He murmurs turning away. He stops, looking back at you briefly. "Uh... You look cute today." He adds awkwardly before strolling away. You blink after him and start laughing quietly.

"What a weird guy." You rub your neck, sheepishly.

"He wasn't wrong." Dogtooth hums, making you freeze and look back as he walks away. Seriously, what was going on today?

"Must be a bad omen..." You mutter putting a knuckle to your chin, today was going too nicely...

However, your school day went smoothly. You yawn as you meet Dogtooth after your last class. "... Shall we get you some coffee?" He inquires.

"Nah, I'll be fine. I got more energy drinks at home." You assure, smiling at his offer.

"Alright.." He breathes and you start for your house with him at your side.

"So... Why me?" You finally ask, looking ahead.

"We'll get along." He replies easily. He sounded so certain that you didn't know how to respond.

"... Okay." You hum.

After a while you come to your house, hesitating for a moment. Mom wasnt home yet, so you decide to invite Dogtooth inside. He steps in, peering around curiously.

"I'll be right back." You tell him before going into your room and changing swiftly. You pause, looking at your game console. "Talk to you later Mochi." You murmur before going out. "You live far from here?" You ask.

"... Unfortunately." He admits, looking over photos.

"Oh, want a drink for the walk?" You ask him. He pauses, humming and touching his scarf.

"Can I have a straw with it?" He inquires. You tilt your head before nodding and going to get him a soda and a straw. You return to him, handing it over.

"Lead the way." You smile. He nods, heading out with you.

"We should be able to catch a bus over there." He says with a point.

"Alright." You nod, starting to get nervous. He did say he had a big family, how would they treat an outsider at their family gathering? You chew on your lip.

"You're worried..." His comment makes you pause and look at him to find him watching you quietly.

"... Nervous." You correct. "I just... Even at my own family gatherings..." You frown looking away. 'I'm always the odd one out...' You finish silently.

"Dont worry about what my family thinks, just stay by my side." He says rather firmly. You blink and look at him again. It felt weird to hear someone say that, but at the same time, it was nice.

"... Alright." You breathe.

You step off the bus after Dogtooth, looking around as he heads for a mansion barely hidden behind a large fence and numerous trees. You swallow as he leads you to the gate. The gate keepers straighten, greeting him in unison. You shift as their curious gazes prod you briefly. Dogtooth guides you through the gates as they open and the trees open up to show a large bustling yard.

"Wow..." You murmur in awe. If there were this many outside then the inside was probably bustling as well.

"Brother! You took so long to get home." Someone says walking up. You look at the the red eyed beauty, her milk chocolate hair pulled up into pigtails and her bangs covering her forehead.

"Pudding." He acknowledges her. "This is ___, she's my guest." He introduces, folding his arms and looking your way.

"Your guest." Pudding echoes, peering at you in surprise. "Hello, brother Dogtooth doesn't bring guests. It's nice to meet you." She offers a smile.

"Nice to meet you." You give an awkward bow.

"Stay with her for a bit, I'm going to change." Dogtooth says before heading off and leaving you alone with Pudding. You gap at his back.

'You said to stay by your side!' You wanted to burst. Pudding steps beside you.

"So what's your relationship with my brother?" She inquires. You look at her with a deadpan expression.

"I have no idea..." You respond bluntly. She blinks in surprise before giggling lightly.

"So you're just as surprised." She observes.

"Yeah, it was really sudden when he asked me to come, but... I couldn't say no when he was looking straight at me." You sigh rubbing your neck.

"So you didn't want to come?" She tilts her head as she watches you.

"... I did want to come. Normally if I don't I can talk myself out of it.... Guess I was curious since he seems so familiar with me." You murmur in thought. She hums stepping closer and peering at your face closely before lightly taking your arm.

"Come on! I'll introduce you to Mom!" She decides with a smile leading you to meet the family. Truly was a big family, you try to embed each face to the name they give you but after a while, most blur together.

'... It'll be a challenge if I have to name them afterwards.' You think with a frown.

"There you are." A large hand comes over your shoulder, making you look up to meet is red eyes. "You've certainly mingled in." He comments. You smile, glancing at the table you sat at as his siblings great him with smiles.

"I don't think I could've done that without Pudding." You admit to him since his eyes still locked on you. He nods before taking a seat beside you and addressing the others.

"It's not normal for you to bring guests brother." Cracker comments making you raise and eyebrows slightly as you carefully peek at him.

"___ is a friend. I simply wanted to have her company today." Dogtooth responds easily. It felt a bit embarrassing to hear him say that but you feel a smile come to your lips.

Soon after that, the food is brought out and everyone digs in. The food is delicious, you would definitely come back, just for the food. Then the desert came, a massive cake is carried to the tables. But one of the carriers trip suddenly and cake falls forward. You blink in shock just before the cake falls on you and Pudding. You stand up, pulling Pudding up from the mess of icing and cake.

"You... Imbeciles!" Pudding snaps at the carriers angrily while Big Mom loses her shit over it. You try to scrape off the cake as you start away from the table. You couldn't get mad, just really embarrassed from the situation you should've seen coming.

"___," Dogtooth catches you to your side, carefully touching your shoulder. You force a smile as you look up at him.

"Im a mess." You joke lightly.

"Yes, a sweet mess." He agrees, wiping some icing from your cheek and bringing the icing over his scarf to taste it. You blink and sample the icing yourself.

"Mm... such a shame I'm wearing it." You sigh, enjoying the soft, creamy, sweet flavor as it lasted.

"I can't allow you to go home like that, my sister's will lend you some clothes. I'll show you to the bathroom." He says turning for the mansion. You blink at his back, feeling yourself relax. It was weird how he took away your unease and stress so easily. Kind of like Mochi...

"___!" Pudding calls, making you look over as she joins your side with a pout. "Are you going to wash up here? I'll lend you some clothes." She says.

"Thanks Pudding." You smile as you both follow Dogtooth inside.

"I'll let Pudding show you the way then. Find me after youre done." He says once you reach a hall. He disappears into another room and Pudding leads you to hers. You notice her angry scowl as she goes through her closet.

"... The icing is good, I feel like a cake myself. Just not a fancy one." You comment awkwardly. She pauses, and looks over at you.

"No, I think you need some ribbons to be a fancy one." She smiles slightly.

"And those candies that look like pearls." You nod smiling a bit. She giggles lightly.

"Those are the sweetest." She agrees, pulling out an outfit. "Here you go! The guest bathroom is down the hall, third door on the right." She adds. You head out, following her directions swiftly and enter the bathroom. Locking yourself in, you turn to the bathroom finding it bigger than the one at home.

"... Everything is bigger here..." You mutter before undressing and getting in.

Once you're clean and dressed, you go out to search for Dogtooth. Soon you find yourself lost, stopping to look at a picture you had passed twice now, a family photo at a feast. You smile a bit, looking at Dogtooth thoughtfully. He looked like such a loner even amongst family.

"You got lost, didn't you?" He guesses behind you.

"Yep. So I stayed in spot and let you come find me." You hum, turning to him with a smile. He hums in amusement, eyes glinting over you briefly.

"Here, I'll have these washed for you, come along, I have an activity for us." He rumbles, taking your clothes before guiding you down the hall, stopping briefly to slide your clothes into a laundry shoot before continuing. He soon opens a door, letting you step in and peer around. You gap at the gaming set up, the tv was huge with two adjacent ones connected to it. A comfortable looking couch, a few gaming consoles and a computer desk in the corner.

"Whoa..." You murmur in awe. This was totally different from your cramped bedroom.

"I knew you'd appreciate it." He closes the door before going past to sit on the couch, grabbing two controllers. You blink in surprise at him. "Are you going to sit...?" He asks, prompting you to sit next to him, taking the controller he offered.

"So what are we playing?" You ask curiously.

"It's called Blood and Scales." He responds turning on the game. You blink, watching the screen as he sets it up. You heard of this game, but the description was vague.

'Wow, this looks pretty epic...' You think starting to smile as you look around the beach your characters wake up on.

"This is a survival game in the beginning, so start collecting." He advises as he starts to do so.

"Kay." You hum, starting to follow the shoreline as you collect stones. Soon an odd noise makes you look up a raptor leaps at you. A yelp of surprise escapes you and you jump slightly as your character is immediately killed. "... What the fuck..." You whisper freaked out while Dogtooth lets out an airychuckle.

"That's odd they don't normally roam near spawn." He hums, crafting a spear to defend himself. You respawn in time to see him kill the raptor before collecting it's meat and hide.

"...Warning would've been nice..." You grumble in embarrassment. He just gives an amused hum in response. Once you're equipped enough to fight, he leads you into a towering jungle. You become nervous, looking through the trees as herbivores pass, subconsciously moving closer to Dogtooth on the couch. You're the first to enter the clearing, moving across witha smile to where a cute lemur looking creature was playing in the grass.

A soft noise escapes you as you watch the cute little thing. "... You might want to get out of there." He speaks up, making you pause and look around, spotting an allosaurus as it bursts from the jungle and locks on you.

"Oh shit!" You gasp, running for the treeline. The ground starts to shake as it catches up easily. "Dogtooth!" You squeak out just before you die. He chuckles at you as you sigh heavily. "Thats terrifying..."

"Just stay close to me." He says as you respawn next to him.

"I'll try." You breathe.

You and him find a place to make a base and after you're done, you check the time. "Oh... It's already that late..." He mutters as you pale slightly.

"Ah... My mom's probably worried." You hum, taking out your phone.

"It's too late to go home alone. Tell her you're spending the night." He tells you. You pause at the thought.

"But... School tomorrow." You murmur looking down at yourself.

"You can borrow some more clothes." He shrugs slightly. "I know this must feel odd to you, but it's safer if you stay." He adds pointedly.

"Okay." You nod and call your mom.

'Hey sweetie, I'm sorry, I'm working still and won't get home until late, dont wait up for me.' Is what she says as soon as she answers the phone.

"Oh... Okay." You hum lightly. Guess she wasn't planning on coming home tonight either. You said your farewells to eachother before you look to Dogtooth. "So, where should I sleep?" You ask.

"This couch folds out and across the hall is the bathroom." He informs, getting up and moving to a closet.

"... I was really lost earlier..." You mutter.

"Yeah, but I should've been paying more attention." He admits as you pull the bed from the couch. He comes over helping you put numerous comforters on it. "There, this should be alright." He breathes, straightening up. "Would you like something to sleep in?"

"Ah... N-No I'll manage." You assure, not really wanting to bother him with it.

"I'll be back with something for you. I need to grab some pillows for you anyway." He decides before going out. You blink at the door. He was so assertive, and reliable. Really, why was someone like him wanting to hangout with someone like you? You frown slightly at that, looking around the room again. This was all so odd to you, but at the same time it was fun.

"Here you are." He comes back in with some pillows and a black shirt with a fanged skull on it. You take the pillows, putting them in place as you curiously peer at the shirt. "Unfortunately my most of my siblings are asleep so I'll lend you this." He adverts his gaze as he offers it to you.

"Thanks Dogtooth." You smile taking it. "Today was fun, even if a giant cake fell on me." You tiltyour head thoughtfully as he meets your gaze. His eyes soften a bit and he raises his brow slightly.

"Were you expecting worse?" He jokes lightly.

"I don't know what I was expecting, you keep surprising me." You shrug as you admit this.

"Good, I'm glad you had a good day. See you in the morning." He touches your upper arm briefly before starting for the door. You smile more, yeah you could already tell you were getting attached to him.

"Goodnight Dogtooth." You murmur. He looks back at you and gives a small nod.

"Goodnight ___." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 13.3K 36
The zombie apocalypse has begun, and unfortunately you have no idea how to even survive a week. And of course you were right when you get infected st...
268 2 16
While Playing FGO. Which isn't an important topic, I remind you. And suddenly I was in a forest in the middle of no where. But I noticed I wasn't alo...
657 29 19
I was a normal girl just living my life, work, work and more work. Then it all changed when I met Marcus and I was introduced to a whole different li...
363K 12.7K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...