Room 307: Chicago / Book 1 [H...

By gabriel307

When Kiara and Callum lay eyes on each other in Room 307, the world stops turning. Complete strangers and tot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

4.7K 407 319
By gabriel307

Callum violently kicked the wall next to my dorm door. I was literally shaking with fear. Who the hell was this guy? 

"OI, MATE." Liam growled at him. I had never heard Liam speak so loudly. Yet he looked as ice-cold as a statue. Keeping his cool as always: "Don't you talk to Kiara that way." 

___

The tension could be cut with a knife as the two boys stared each other down. 

To be honest, it was exciting to be the object of their aggression. 

And boy had Liam grown up. 

To make it clear, aside from Liam, and I guess now Callum, I had never kissed anybody else.

I told myself I was "saving" my v-cards (read: never had a boy want to take them before). To be honest, it's because I'd just never been interested in the dating-partying life. My 'sexy lingerie' was really just underwear with a row of lace on the top. As for being 'soaked down there' - that had never happened before.

I had good grades, a nice family and just loved reading books. I came to college so that I could study literature. Like I said, I was the uncoordinated one, it's Kate that has always been the stunning one.

But now as I saw the defensive look in Liam's eyes, something felt... Powerful inside of me. In control. Wanted.

Or maybe it was my imagination.

Liam had been my first kiss. It was the most awkward experience of my life. When he lifted me up and sat me down on the kitchen counter I felt like I was floating on air. And then I smacked my head on an open cupboard door. (typical). It ended pretty quickly with an ice pack and a silent drive home...

"I'm Liam," Liam's hard voice sounded. He made the first move and extended his hand to Callum for a handshake. I noticed his forearm was muscled. 

I'd last seen him before he went off to Yale University, four years ago. He was incredibly intelligent, mature and always seemed in control. In this moment, with his hard, black eyes, black hair and ivory-white skin, he looked the polar opposite to Callum. Liam was wearing a full suit: black pants, sleek black shiny shoes, slicked hair, black tie, white shirt. Callum was wearing sweats and a hoodie. Liam was lean where Callum was solid. I imagine Callum swore a lot. From this kiss I knew he was the rough-around-the edges type. Liam on the other hand was suave and contained and he moved with purpose.

One would take you for a beer at the campus bar - the other would wine and dine you at the most luxurious places you could imagine. Some would call Liam stuffy and uptight. Right now he just looked pretty fine.

Oh my gosh, Kiara! In one day it seemed I had gone from zero interest in any guys to a passion for far too many!! 

Callum's gaze looked suspicious as he looked at Liam's hand. He shook it and I watched as their skin-tones contrasted. "I'm Callum," he sounded gruffer than usual. 

Liam looked over to me, "Haven't seen you in a while." He flashed one of his crooked smiles, head cocked at the perfect angle. 

I couldn't believe that I'd just been caught snogging some guy that I'd never even had a proper conversation with. And by Liam of all people!

I laughed, trying to ease the tension. "I know, it's really been a long time..." There was an awkward silence during which Liam just kept looking between Callum and I.

I took a small step away from him...  "So what are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I came to visit Kate!" Liam said. "And you of course." He flashed another smile. That last part made me happier than it should have. 

"Of course," I smiled back. Callum just stood there awkwardly.

"I just came past for some coffee," he said sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

Inwardly I laughed. "Are you two dating?" Liam asked. 

Maybe it was just me, but he sounded... especially curious. 

"No not at all!" I said, trying to brush the situation off.

"Not yet!" Callum said at the same time, puffing out his chest a little, almost as if trying to claim me before Liam got any ideas.

Callum and I looked to each other. We had barely said hey to each other, let alone talked about dating!

Liam's coal-like eyes betrayed his amusement. 

"So you're both single, then?" He asked.

This time Callum grabbed my wrist and gently stroked it. Trying to distract me no doubt. 

"For now," he laughed coolly.

It's not that I should mind a ridiculously good looking boy trying to tell someone I'm theirs. But this was Liam we were talking to. I wondered if he was genuinely interested in whether I was available...

I gently removed Callum's hand from my wrist.

"Are you single?" I asked Liam. 

Maybe it was because I broke our physical contact or maybe it was because I sounded far too interested in Liam's relationship status - I'll probably never know.

But Callum - LOST it.

"Screw THIS and SCREW YOU TWO." He was shouting. "I see what's going on here. You're both as stuck up as each other . Think you're both better than me. Fancy dress, fancy talk. Yale, your bag says. Oooh Yale. I'm sooo impressed. " He was being intentionally sarcastic. "You two deserve each other's misery," he spat and started storming off. 

I was in shock. This was coming from nowhere. Callum violently kicked the wall next to my dorm door. I was literally shaking with fear. Who the hell was this guy? 

"OI, MATE." Liam growled at him. I had never heard Liam speak so loudly. Yet he looked as ice-cold as a statue. Keeping his cool as always, he grabbed out at a fleeing Callum. "Don't you talk to Kiara that way." 

The way he said my name, his willingness to protect me. I would never forget his bravery. 

Callum didn't take it so well. He swung around and threw a punch, aimed at Liam's head. Liam swiftly dodged the punch, as professional as ever, grabbed Callum's other fist and pushed him up against the wall.

Callum was taller and definitely looked stronger. He was rugby-player bulky. But Liam's leanness was misleading. He was compact and muscular similar in stature to Harry Styles. 

The two boys' faces strained. They were evenly matched. It seemed as if they would explode just holding each other there. 

Then the dorm room flung open. "What the HELL is going on out here?" Kate yelled. She looked like she'd just come out of the shower, hair in a towel wrap.

Both boys swung to look at Kate. They must've been making a lot of noise. 

"Liam?" Kate realised what was going on... And then SHE lost it too. "Callum, get OFF my brother." She dived at them both, somehow getting between the two. 

This was Laqueesha all over again. The only thing she didn't do was pull out Callum's hair. In fact, it sounded like the TV was playing our reality show again... I had just as much drama out here.

"Callum, you need to leave." Kate seemed more outraged than everyone. "If you come past here again, I'll attack you myself. Kiara, come inside."

Callum gargled and spat right on the floor in front of Liam. Liam's eyes were burning with anger. But he just smiled and said, "see ya later Callum," with a sarcastic enthusiasm.

"You stop too," Kate said to her brother. Kate really was a force to be reckoned with.  

I found I couldn't move. What had even just happened. Minutes ago I'd been having the most passionate kiss of my life. Now, psycho Callum had nearly punched a hole through the wall. 

He's unstable. I reminded myself. 

"Come here, Kiara." Liam put his arm around my shoulders. We followed Kate.

Together, him holding me, we walked back into the dorm. 

____

 Are you # teamkiallum or # teamliara  ??? Comment below!

I hope you found some parts of this chapter funny and others crazy and that you feel like you want to read even more!!! 

Make sure to leave a comment AND a favourite... 

The more votes(!!!) the sooner the next chapter comes out!

# TEAMROOMIE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 3.8K 49
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
1.7M 33.9K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...
40.6K 1.1K 70
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
430K 40K 33
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...