The Demon Commander's Runaway...

By chanini101

Heng Ming was just your average salary man from the 21st century who unfortunately died from falling down the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 24

48.2K 2K 518
By chanini101

Inhaling the freshly brewed tea that was just served a moment ago, Ming took a little sip before sighing in content.

His soul felt at ease enjoying the warm liquid that glided down his throat into his belly, leaving behind its sweet, comforting taste lingering on his tastebuds.

He carefully made sure Jun was snuggled up in one arm tucked in carefully, taking sips of his tea with extra care to avoid any spills landing on his precious baby and himself.

"I want to thank this benevolent young master once again for saving us back there. We mother and daughter pair would be in a much grave situation if it weren't for your intervention."

Old Lady Li expresses her gratitude once more, she was about to kowtowed on the floor until Ming carefully set his tea down, hands waving frantically as he hurriedly try to dissuade her from continuing her actions.

To be honest her action startled him, making him want to spit the tasty liquid back out.

"Please, no need to kowtow! It was my own decision to step in the first place. I'm just really glad to help you both on time..."

Suddenly a realisation hit him in which made him scold himself inwardly, "Oh my where's my manners I haven't introduce myself to you both! My name is Heng Ming but you could call me Ming instead, skip the formalities."

"It's nice to meet you Ming. My name is Li Daiyu but locals around here call me Old Lady Li instead. And the young lady beside me here is my daughter Li Fen."

"Thats me." Li Fen chirped happily, a cheeky smile graced her lips.

"Hehe nice to meet you both and if you don't mind can I call you aunty Li instead? Ah I'm quite new around here— ha-ha."

Ming scratched his cheeks shyly, gaze full of unsure and anticipation as he waits for an answer.

"I don't mind dear." Aunty Li replied, a gentle smile graced her lips that was filled with warmth.

"So what's the little one name?" Li Fen questioned curiously, shifting her seat close beside Ming's own.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe I didn't introduce my precious baby!" Ming smacks his head, how could he forget to introduce his lil bean right in his arms.

Shifting closely to Li Fen, he shuffled his arms a bit to let her have a better look at his baby boy.

"Well, this cutie right here is my son, Heng Jun!"

He proudly showed off Jun to Li Fen who giggle at his, well what she would call a 'Proud mama' moment.

Before long both individuals found themselves talking with one another, conversing about whatever topic comes to mind.

They click so well together, like they were long-time best friend's with the way how close they look and how comfortable they are with each other presence, one definitely will think that's the case.

While both of them converse with each other, Aunty Li on the other hand kept silent. She gaze around the restaurant that was given to her after her parents passing.

She engrained the place deep into her heart and mind, reminiscing the past that flash by like a movie.

From childhood to where she was at now. This place used to be a popular establishment back when her parents was still alive until throughout years customers were slowly declining. Before long it was only a few that visited or those that they knew personally.

Maybe it was time... To sell this place off.

Her daughter and herself can't keep with the revenue with this place any longer and it barely provided enough income to keep them stable as days passes. Especially with today events where she was close to losing Fen it really got her thinking deeply about the matter entirely.

If it wasn't for Ming intervention she wouldn't dare to imagine what god knows will happen. What she would do after or how to live anymore but blame her incapability for losing and failing her one and only child.

Her daughter, Li Fen was the most important person in her life and she can't bear to watch her happiness cut short if this were to happen again.

So with that, she decided... It's time to say goodbye old friend.

"Fen'er, mother came to a decision."

"Yes, mother?"

Li Fen face her mother with a look of pure confusion from her sudden call. She watch on as her mother gaze around their establishment like she was embedding everything into mind while also remembering of the happy moments like it was the last time.

It only left her in a more confuse state on why her mother was acting this way out of the blue, somehow she had a bad premonition.

"Mother is going to sell this place."

Once those words left Aunty Li mouth did her gaze finally settled straight at her daughter, only too see the once confuse eyes immediately morph into an expression of disbelief and denial.

"No! Mother why would you sell grandpa and grandma last remembrance?!" Li Fen bursted, abruptly knock the chair back as she stood straight up.

"Fen—"

"No I can't let you do this mother! I know you blame yourself for today's event but it wasn't your fault! If only we–"

"Fen'er enough!" Lady Li shouted, instantly stopping Fen from her blabbering while on the other hand Ming jolted from the sudden outburst which cause poor Jun to follow along, stirring from his sleep.

Seeing this Ming instant went to caressed the bun whispering soothing words that slowly lullaby the little one back to his deep slumber.

Aiya maybe this was a bad idea, that he shouldn't accept the invitation in the first place if he knew he would experience this heated family talk.

He was always awkward when it comes to these moments.

Aunty Li sent an apologising gaze to Ming for her actions only to get a nod in reply that it was okay.

Aunty Li walked up to her daughter wiping the tears that stream silently down her face.

"Fen'er it's okay... sometimes in life, we have to let things go just for the best even if it was something that was dear to your heart. Don't worry we will get through this, trust me."

Both mother and daughter embrace each other deeply, comforting and supporting each other as they both were brought to tears from this saddening decision.

Li Fen wanted to so badly to protest her mother choice yet deep down she knew her mother reasoning.

They couldn't do much after all and Lady Li thought this was the best option since they were getting nowhere far with their business anymore.

There were many new establishments popping up throughout the years gone by, bringing in new dishes and entertainment that brought in more revenue thus leaving the old to find many ways to get their customers back or to some other to slowly wither away and diminish as the days passes.

Ming look at both the mother and daughter pair with sadness in his eyes. It's always the good people that always face some type of trouble while the bad live a life filled with fortune and grace.

As Ming pondered in his thoughts a sudden idea struck him, causing his eyes to bulge open while lips parted widely due to the realisation.

"That's it! I got it!"

He abruptly jolted up from his chair, startling both mother and daughter who still had tears streaking down their cheeks while Jun on the other hand yawned, instantly wide awake from his mother actions.

Before Ming could adore his little one adorable act, he immediately shook his head from the thought and triss to stay focus on the situations currently at hand.

"Why don't we be business partners?"

Lady Li and Li Fen was taken by surprise from Ming sudden proposal. They only just decided to part way with this establishment a moment and never did they expected to immediately get a proposal thrown at them within seconds.

They wondered why he bothered to help so much and that wasn't all, they wondered why Ming bothered to offer a partnership with a diminish establishment such as theirs.

Both Aunty Li and Li Fen knew that Ming could find a better place to start a business in, one that's better furnish and well facilitated.

Though their building was situated in a good location, it didn't really stand out in the look department especially with the surrounding bright buildings around them, it only made their shop seem almost nonexistent.

Sigh it really wasn't as appealing like it use to be, so why would the ger be interested in it anyway...

But one thing for sure that one can will discover along the way is Ming impulsive nature and ability to rashly act without putting much thoughts...

Which is the current situation at hand...

"I admit there are a few things that need to be work on but that could be easily accomplish. I love where the restaurant is located and I especially love the decent size it is. It would really mean a lot to me if you accept my proposal!"

"B-but..."

"Please I insist!" Ming pleaded.

In all honesty he was going to use the money he had left to open a shop and start putting his skills to work so he will build a stable income and also the possibility of gaining quite the fame for his original world dishes.

But he decided to do all this when he finally settled in, but hey who knew that the perfect opportunity will land right on his feet at this very moment!

"A-Are you sure...?" Aunty Li asked with hesitation, she didn't know how to take everything in and feeling her daughter tight squeeze on her hand. It just shows that Li Fen too is quite taken back by such an offer.

"Positive!"

"If you don't mind can you please give me a few days to think about it. Everything at the moment is too abrupt for this old lady to take in." Aunty Li sighed as she rubbed her temples. Such a long turmoil day that she, herself didn't know how to properly process these recent events as of currently.

Her emotional and mental state wasn't in the right frame of mind at the moment, with how she nearly lost many of the precious treasures in her life she hold dear. All she honestly wants to do right now is to just have a rest and think it properly through.

Alright with her reply, Ming stayed for a bit, to finish his tea before bidding his farewell. He made sure to give the mother and daughter pair his address whenever they come to a decision they should visit him.

Knowing that it's currently mid-afternoon with the sun looking to set soon, did Ming finally took off back home. Li Fen made sure to send him out halfway, knowing that he was someone new in the area before returning back home to discuss with her mother the recent events that happen and the important offer that they got offered.

She gave one last glance to Ming disappearing figure with a complicated gaze before she set foot back to her home.

---------

While Ming munch on the food Chun prepared, the lass himself took the duty of looking after the two babies who blew raspberries at him one after another.

Zhenli was already fed to the brim the the beast milk they bought at the markets while Jun on the other hand was fed beforehand once Ming got back home.

Ming contemplated whether his action was quite impulsive or not, but than again he always act without thinking or whatever his gut was feeling within the moment.

"Arghh curse me!" He groaned to himself, stuffing his face full of the noodles that needs a bit of working on.

Honestly, he didn't mind Aunty Li reply, in fact, he wasn't bum down and was quite expecting it, after all his outburst did came out the blue. Either way, embarrass or not about his actions he, in a way, totally understands where Aunty Li is coming from.

After all, he was a complete stranger in the first place and out of nowhere he was willing to help and go as far to spend a lot of coins to help someone he just met.

Anyone would definitely be suspicious of his motive and intentions. He do hope though that Aunty Li will see his good intentions and that there wasn't any malicious intent or agenda at all.

So much happen in just one day and it definitely took a toll on her, he wouldn't be surprised if her blood sugar is so high up from all the events that happen, he too was sure his one will definitely be if some roach was about to nap his daughter!

Though Ming really need to stop this impulsive personality of his... Even though in all honestly this was the type of personality he has, the one he was born with.

One thing about him was that he would always help those in need without much thought. Even though it was bad for him to continue on acting like this in this world a world that was different to his very own but Ming already berated himself hardly for his rash actions as soon he got back.

He should've put to mind that he had a baby on him and who knows what could've happen, even if he was new to this world that's no excuse for his previous action.

Yeah, he has spiritual powers that could protect him and Jun thanks to Zhenli but what happens if he never did? He definitely just jeopardize his and Jun safety and with that, he definitely can't live with himself if anything were to happen to Jun over his impulsive action.

Not only that but Chun and Xinyi would be worried if anything were to happen to Jun and himself, or even worse what happen if he also drag them along to sticky situations that maybe has no way to get out of.

*Sighs* "I need to grow up."

Ming shook his head, losing his appetite after pondering for a while. He excuses himself to the garden leaving a worried Chun who watch after his master figure disappear slowly from his sight.

Chun could already tell something must be troubling his master since he could see that the noodles on the table was barely eaten and the mood somehow felt quite tense, well damp to be more precise.

Though very worried Chun just continued on with his current duties of caring for these little munchkins, knowing it was best to leave Ming to think on his own.

As Ming sat under the garden looking up to to the night sky he felt a bit of his soul slightly feeling at ease. Seeing one flower still in its bud Ming lightly glided his hand on top of it, releasing a soft hue of light.

The flower bud that was once closed, bloom slowly in the night, feeling the warmth and glow of its very castor.

Ming softly smiled as he caresses each petal gently, he went back to look on at the clear night sky filled with many stars and thought back of recent events.

It was like a wake up call to him, a call that's saying he can't be acting how he was in his old world, especially since his taking on this life in this new world which differs a lot from the modern society he grew so used to.

I mean he was very lucky that nothing unfortunate happen as of late beside the useless banter between that ugly lord and himself.

A gentle breeze suddenly made its way through, gently swaying the leaves as flower petals descended slowly to the ground, like a small dance nature was having with its life form.

Ming hair flowed within the wind, the moonlight shining on his very being. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, his fingers gently rubbing the flower petal that descended just a second ago infront of him.

He vowed to himself that he would be careful with his actions from now on, and that he will take this life he was blessed with, more seriously.

But the most important vow of all was keeping those close to himself safe and that he will give his utmost ability to protect them forever till the end of this life.

This wasn't a night to dwell on his mistake but a night where he will mature and take as a lesson.

Opening his eyes he eventually let the flower petal go as it flew with the breeze that took it away to its final destination. Just like a shooting star it felt like a wish that was replace with a promise he vow to make come true, no it will come true.

A new beginning to is come.

        ________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 451 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy 💕 don't be s...
197K 24.4K 15
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
805K 38.6K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
965K 61.6K 32
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...