Luna Audrey

By nicolevf14

-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - To Serve
Chapter 2 - Emotions
Chapter 3 - Weakness
Chapter 4 - Hana
Chapter 5 - Confidence
Chapter 6 - Foreign Comfort
Chapter 7 - Preparation
Chapter 8 - Silver Chains
Chapter 9 - Unwanted Visitor
Chapter 10 - Kiss
Chapter 11 - Insults
Chapter 12 - Punishment
Chapter 13 - Broken
Chapter 14 - Try
Chapter 15 - Two-Hundred-Fifty
Chapter 16 - Secret Room
Chapter 17 - Hidden Scars
Chapter 18 - Don't Leave
Chapter 19 - Facing The Past
Chapter 20 - Blissfully Loved
Chapter 21 - Suspicions
Chapter 22 - Bloodlines
Chapter 23 - Unknown Circumstances
Chapter 25 - Terrified
Chapter 26 - Tomorrow's Adventure
Chapter 27 - Tropic Sun
Chapter 28 - Glass of Bourbon
Chapter 29 - Traditions
Chapter 30 - Lunar Sea
Chapter 31 - Handshake
Chapter 32 - Troubles Await
Chapter 33 - Owen
Chapter 34 - Future Alpha
Chapter 35 - Answered Prayers
Chapter 36 - Burn
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - Heightened Senses

115K 3.4K 668
By nicolevf14

After what must have been hours of helping Dean with pack paperwork, I truly grew to appreciate all this man did for our pack. I knew he was a good Alpha, although fairly stern, but I'd never even imagined how much tedious paperwork he had to go through every single day. Being an Alpha was so much more than meeting with other Alphas and keeping your pack members in line.

We finally made it to a stopping point, and Dean had Helen prepare and bring us some lunch, despite me assuring him that I could cook us a simple lunch myself. Today, he insisted that I not worry myself with such tasks. Although I was grateful, it was a bit odd being served food by someone else in our own personal quarters.

We sat together at the table and ate our freshly made sandwiches, stacked high with meat and cheese between two halves of a croissant. I was amazed at how Helen could make such a basic meal look so gourmet.

After we finished, I noticed Dean began to look a bit troubled. I gathered our dishes and carried them to the sink, while he simply stared out the window in deep thought.

"What is it?" I asked from across the room.

Dean waited much too long to respond, causing my anxiety to flare back up in full force.

"I've been informed that Silas and Trey have made it onto pack territory," he told me simply, his voice lacking any emotions.

I gasped, standing there with my mouth wide open for a moment, stumped about how I should even react, "How did they make it here so quickly?"

"They must have left as soon as they got the news and likely travelled straight through the night, nonstop," Dean added, finally turning around to face me.

Although he was a master at hiding his emotions beneath his stone hard face, I could feel his worry slipping through. He didn't know what to expect from Silas and Trey's arrival, and that deeply concerned him.

"I'm having my best men meet them at the border. For your sake, they will be welcomed as confidential guests, but if they do not cooperate I can't guarantee their safety," Dean warned.

I swallowed hard but nodded. Although my curiosity to know my father and his side of the family was strong, I knew that when it came to pack relations, these men were my enemies. I had always been a member of the Dark Root pack, regardless of who my mate was.

Dean paused for a moment, likely receiving another mind-link from a guard, and then looked back in my direction, "They're almost back to the pack house. I've instructed for them to be brought in through the back doors and up to the meeting room."

I took in and processed Dean's words slowly. This was it. I was going to meet my biological father and brother – two men who I didn't even know I had any relation to until a day ago. It all seemed to surreal, and although I was nervous, I also craved answers. Would they know why my mother kept this a secret from me? Obviously, they didn't know of my existence until now, or they likely would have come for me as a child.

"You're going to be okay," Dean assured me before picking up some of the files and paperwork that we'd gone through and reorganizing them into their proper folders.

I was glad to know my mate had such faith in me, but personally, I felt like I was edging closer and closer to a nervous breakdown.

"Come on, let's get to the meeting room before they arrive," Dean added as he gathered up the files in his arms and headed for the door. I quickly followed behind, stealing a glance at myself in the hallway mirror as we exited.

Although I wasn't even sure if I'd like these men or not, I wanted to make a good first impression. I didn't want to look like the weak, fragile girl that I once was when Dean first found me. I was a Luna now, and not only that, but I was apparently the daughter of an Alpha.

I wanted to be strong, and knowing Dean thought that I could be, was incredibly empowering. I wanted to be confident in myself, but that nagging feeling at the back of my mind, constantly reminding me that I wasn't strong or beautiful or worth anything...the things that my so called "father" had constantly hammered into my subconscious, remained. I felt as though I would never fully escape it.

I walked with Dean down the hallway towards his office and meeting room. I'd actually never been in his meeting room, since there hadn't been any important meetings since I'd officially taken the title as Luna. Dean's office was familiar, of course, but the meeting room was completely separate and a little further down the hallway.

When we entered the room, I was instantly taken aback by its size. I'd expected to walk into a simple conference room of average size, mostly taken up by an extra long table with chairs. But this room was huge and extravagant – the ceilings were high with chandeliers hanging from them. The walls were lines with floor-to-ceiling windows, bookcases, couches, and even a mini-bar. The only thing that had been accurate in my mind was the large meeting table at the center of the room.

"Good, we've made it here first," Dean said lowly before flipping on the lights, completely obliviously to my amazement.

Dean walked towards the head of the table and had a seat, motioning for me to have the seat to his right, and then dropping his stack of files and paperwork in the chair to his left. Just as I got settled in the large, leather rolling chair, a loud knock sounded from the door.

"Enter," Dean instantly called out, and on command, the door swung open.

Two vaguely familiar guards entered first, followed by two men who I'd never seen before, both with tanned skin and dark hair. One of them was clearly much older, as his hair was darker, but had streaks of silver running through it, revealing his age despite his still fairly muscular build.

I knew that had to be him. That was Silas – my father.

The younger male had slightly lighter brown hair but shared the same tan complexion. He radiated the power of a true Alpha – his large muscles evident even concealed beneath clothing. He was also incredibly tall – even a bit taller than his father.

I knew this to be my newly discovered brother – Alpha Trey.

I stared at the two men as they walked into the room and took seats at the other end of the table. My entire body felt numb. I didn't know what to do, what to say. All I could do was stare at them both and take in their every feature.

Including the extremely bright, violet colored eyes that they both shared.

"Welcome to Dark Root, Trey...Silas," Dean finally spoke, sounding a bit like he'd just tasted something bitter.

I didn't miss the fact that he didn't address Trey by his title – Alpha.

"I do hope you both are aware that your visit is to be kept extremely private. No one besides the people present in this room are to know of your presence in my pack. Is that understood?" Dean asked, his voice seeming to grow deeper by the second. I could tell he was tense and overall just unhappy about our current situation.

"Understood," Trey quickly responded with a nod, sounding a lot less bothered than Dean.

"This is my mate and my Luna, Audrey," Dean spoke again, motioning towards me. "You two may now know her as sister...and daughter."

A small smile cracked on Trey's face, "It's wonderful to finally meet you, Audrey. I must admit that I'd always wanted a little sister growing up. The world works in mysterious ways, it seems."

I was shocked at how pleasant Alpha Trey was being. From Dean's clear distaste for them and their pack, I'd expected them to be at least a bit rude or stuck-up. This only made it harder for me react. I'd hadn't been prepared for such kindness.

Silas, however, remained quiet. He stared me down, seeming to analyze every detail of my face, before scratching his head, looking troubled.

"I just don't understand," he mumbled lowly, shaking his head. "Why would Amelia keep this from me? I could have given you both a wonderful life in my pack. The life you deserved."

Silas's words completely caught me off guard – especially at his mention of my mother's name.

I continued to stare at the two of them in complete shock. This was really happening. Silas saying my mother's name just made it all so much more real. It was all true. What did I say? How do you respond to something like that?

"You're a beautiful young lady, Audrey. Such a tiny little thing too...so much like your mother. I can feel your potential from across the room. There's no denying that you're my daughter, and you belong at home with us, in Tropic Sun," Silas added, causing my heart to drop.

Dean instantly stood from his seat and slammed his hands down on the table, releasing a loud, snarling growl before speaking, "Absolutely not! You were not allowed here today to try and steal my mate out from under me!"

I instinctively grabbed Dean's arm, hoping to calm him despite his flaming rage. I was trembling lightly, from both his reaction and the overall stress of the situation, but I hoped he wouldn't notice.

"I'm not going anywhere. It's okay," I told Dean softly, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

"This is outrageous! Tropic Sun as so much more to offer you, Audrey. You could finally be a part of a family, and I could find you a much more suitable mate than this dangerous hot-head!" Silas rebutted, his voice rising by the second as a touch of anger entered his violet eyes.

"Enough!" Trey finally intervened, yelling at his father in his Alpha-tone. Silas instantly shut down, but didn't seem pleased about it. Although Trey had seemed calm and friendly before, he now appear very obviously irritated and perhaps even embarrassed by his father's behavior.

"Audrey will not be going anywhere she doesn't want to go. We've only just met her – we can't bust into her life and demand acceptance or propose outrageous ideas. Her culture is not ours – she has a mate who she's already claimed, as well as the title of Luna and numerous other responsibilities," Trey lectured his father sternly.

Satisfied with Trey's words, Dean finally sat back down in his seat, but kept a protective hand on my thigh.

"Watch your words carefully Silas, because I will not hesitate to throw you out of my territory," Dean warned.

Trey nodded to Dean, still clearly determined to be the mediator.

"As I said, I can sense you have a lot on your plate already, little sister. Becoming a mother is no easy task – especially on top of being a new Luna. I do apologize for our father's behavior, and wish you a sincere congratulations," Trey told us with a small smile.

I stared back at Trey, processing his words through my mind several times before speaking, "Excuse me?"

Trey stared back, seeming confused as to why I was questioning him. But before I could ask any further questions, Dean spoke up.

"Don't you dare come in here joking about things that aren't true!" Dean growled at Trey, becoming angry all over again.

Trey frowned, his entire demeanor changing, "I apologize Dean. I assumed the two of you already knew. It must be extremely early on – you must remember that some of the elixirs I take as the Alpha of Tropic Sun provide me with much more heightened senses than the average Alpha or wolf in general."

"What is going on?" I finally spoke up frantically, feeling warm tears begin to fill my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of these two powerful men with who I shared blood, but complete panic was taking over. Why had Alpha Trey just referred to me as a mother?

"Son, don't you dare tell me that my daughter is already infected with his offspring!" Silas spoke up again.

Dean jumped out of his chair again and practically flew across the conference room, aiming for Silas's throat. Trey quickly jumped up, prepared to block Dean's attack on his father.

Just as Dean got within a few inches of both Trey and Silas, he stopped, simply staring them in the eyes with a look of pure hatred.

"I want both of you out. NOW!" he yelled. Silas looked prepared to fight back, but Trey only appeared disappointed.

"Escort them off the territory and make sure they are gone!" Dean commanded the guards before coming back across the room to return to my side.

The guards immediately obeyed and grabbed both Trey and Silas by their arms, leading them to the door. Much to my surprise, they both complied, likely knowing there was no way for them to fight back in another Alpha's territory.

"I'm so terrible sorry, Audrey," Trey called out as they reached the door. "No she-wolf should have to find out about her pregnancy in such a way, but I promise you I meant no harm."

And with that, my newly found father and brother were taken out of the room and soon enough, would be out of our territory.

While I was left, sitting there, pondering one word over and over. Running it through my head so many times that it sounded foreign.

Pregnant.

WOW!!! Did any of you see that coming? This is something I haven't really done with any of my other stories, so I'm really excited with this twist! Let me know what you all think - I'm honestly dying to know. What do you think of Trey and Silas? Do you think Audrey will encounter them again? And what do you think of the...news...they brought? How will Dean react? There's so much going on now!

Please continue to read, vote, comment, and check out my other stories Luna Hana, Luna Lena, and Luna Zahra if you haven't already! Fun fact: Alpha Trey makes an appearance in Luna Lena as well!

xoxo -V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

782K 20.9K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
1.7M 53.7K 70
"You're mine. It doesn't matter where you come from." His hand grips my wrist, stopping me. "You know it matters." I turn away, hiding the moisture i...
6M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...
6K 362 13
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...