The Glowing Candles

By Adityathebest14

Short Romantic stories... CAUTION: Every love story doesn't ends with a happy ending... More

Perfume
Autumn

Let It Go...

46 11 55
By Adityathebest14

"Hey, sorry to keep u waiting!" said Alex. A sturdy looking boy with Hazzle eyes & curly brown hairs. Tan-colored skin with a nearly 6 feet tall height with an enigmatic smile, square-jawed face with an irresistible attraction & most prominent feature: Green mesmerising eyes.

"U always do!" said Maria. A normal height girl. Fair skin with an unexplainable beauty. Proportionate body with long straited velvety blonde hair. Deep blue eyes with deep gliding brows & deep red lips.

"Hey u know how much I Hv to work to keep up with my finance. From the Starbucks' waiter to KFC's head office's receptionist &..."

"I don't wanna listen all that again. Just tell me why Hv u called me?"

"Ok... Umm.. Do u wanna.... Actually.... Shit man... This is tough...." Alex went on his knees as he blushed "...do u wanna b called as Mrs. Alex Woods?"

Maria stood there surprised. Yeah she knew that one day or other this would happen but she didn't thought it would b today. She never wanted this day to come. She dreaded this day...

"Oh Alex.... I'm sorry I can't. .."

"Did I heard that wrong or are u joking???" Alex's face became serious with a hint of despair.

"It's not like that Alex I'm serious."

"No u rnt... U can't b... U..." Alex began to move near Maria but was stopped as she kept one of her hands on his chest.

"Look Alex... If we marry then also... How could u earn for both of us.... If it's hard for u to earn money for urself only."

"We would manage. I just need u. I know u love me. & I love u more.... I'll.. I'll work extra....Beside u can also work...Maria. plz."

"I'm sorry Alex. I love u..." Maria kept her left hand on Alex's face "... But money's also necessary."

"I'm telling u I'll earn it... Just give me some time. Once I become a doctor I'll get u everything u want..."

"Alex..."

"I'll buy u all the expensive jwellery & all the expensive rings... Anything u want &..."

"Alex..."

"....U wanted to buy that scarlet-coloured party gown right?...I'll buy that for u..." Alex took out his purse "...look I'm having only 600 dollars but I'll buy it for u just give me some time &...."

"ALEX.... STOP THIS... IT'S DONE... WE'RE DONE... We're done."

"So what was all this which we continued till today?"

"Alex.. Plz understand.... I... " she went to hug him but he pushed her away.

"TELL ME... WHAT WAS.. ALL THIS?" shouted Alex, tears rolling down his face.

Maria stood there. Still. Her face looking down.

"Alex... Don't shout at me... U don't own me"

"Maria... There's a heaven & hell difference between belong & owning."

"Sorry Alex. We should stop this. It's enough."

Alex stood there, as a round shiny thing fell from his hand. An engagement ring.
The ring remain fallen. Maria looking towards the ring & Alex looking at her. Both of them still. Maria turned & began move towards the other way when Alex called out one last time. His voice almost broken.

"Maria.... Plz...."

"Sorry Alex... I'm sorry..." said Maria.

Alex turned & went away. Strucked & shocked. He lingered while walking as he still thought that everything which had happened was just a dream. A dream which was giving him unbearable pain.
But one thing he didn't notice.

He wasn't the only one whose eye's were moist & heart was fragmented that day.

10 years later

"I'll be back by 7 today & then we will work on the planning of his B-Day alright?" said Alex, giving a quick kiss on Alicia. & went towards the car when suddenly Alicia called out.

"Don't u think u r forgetting something?"

Alex stood there thinking what did he forget & then said, still standing at the entrance of his house "Oh yeah remembered!!!..." & called out "Jason-bear, come on & give dadda a big lucky kissyy."

& as soon as Alex said this, a little kid, maybe of 6 or 7 years came out of the hallway. Jet-black hair, a cute "Can-make-u-diabetic" smile with dimples along with fair skin & sharp hooky nose. The boy's facial features resembled His mother except one thing. The green mesmerising eyes.

"Cmon give dadda a big lucky kiss."

Jason quickly gave big kiss to Alex, making his cheek drench with his saliva.

"Okay now who's the best dadda???" asked Jason in almost a musical rhythm.

"My dadda, my dadda..." was Jason's answer.

"Who's the best babyyyy???" again came a rhythm.

"aMe, Me ME."

"Good & who's the best momma?"

"Mamma Mamma."

"Excellent, now Bbye... Dadda will come at 7, till then keep ur momma disturbing all right?" & this earned Jason an elbow from Alicia.

"Don't make him like urself. Disturbing others... Especially me."

"Oh... Really???...I love..." Alex went near Alicia's ear & whispered "...to disturb u" & smirked a bit when Alicia retorted in a whisper, "...me too."

"All right...bye.."

While driving his car to the hospital Alex thought about his past life. 10 long years he has been a doctor now. A pretty famous surgeon. Well hard work surely earns u the thing u r working for. If only Maria had understood this. He met Alicia after 1 year after becoming a surgeon.

"Amazing girl" murmured Alex as he took a turn to the main street. Yeah 'Amazing girl' was Alex's first reaction to Alicia. & she became more A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for him after he found how caring she was as a mother. Caring, loving, warm, understanding, hope, light, everything... She was everything for Alex & the same was Alex for her. Jason born 2-3 years after their marriage, completing their family. They all were very happy.

"Thnx Lord" whispered Alex as he got out of his car & entered the hospital.

Raines Private Hospital. The city's most famous & best hospital. It's services were gr8 & it's doctors & surgeons were considered the best coz they had the lowest failure percentage in the whole city. & Alex Woods was one of their Gem. A real doctor. Coz he not only the disease but also the patient & freed him/her from his dis-ease.

"Good morning Mr. Woods." said John the security guard as he opened the door for him.

"Good morning John."

As soon as Alex entered, a look of seriousness & sincerity prevailed over his face. One of his speciality was he could understood the feelings of his patients. He used to talk to the kids calling them "Buddy" & the oldies as "Young man"

"MR. Woods...the parents of the kid wants to see u"

"Lara Cmon... I'm not a super-intelligent AI who would understand which kid u r talking bout... I meet several of patients everyday." said Alex as he approached his chamber.

"OH sorry... I meant patient at ward 105.. The 14 year old Jacob Smith... Appendix removal?"

"Ohhh... Yeah bring his parents here... No wait... Where r they?..I'll meet them."

"They are sitting outside the operation theatre."

"okay &...u Hv shifted the boy to the OT?"

"yes."

"Good."

"R u two Jacob's parents." asked Alex to a worried looking couple sitting outside the OT.

"Yes yes..." replied The man who looked he was in his fifties ".... He would b all right?"

"Of course... Don't worry it's just an appendix removal. We just had to cut the epidermis of the appendix from...." Alex stopped as he understood that he forgot the parents weren't any doctor.

"OH Im sorry... I just meant that he would come out hale & hearty after the operation.. Just a matter of 2 hrs." said Alex as he assured the parents & went inside the OT.

During the operation...

Alex decided to use anesthesia only in the lower part of the boy's body to made him easy that it's just as easy as eating popcorn from a open packet.

"So What r ur hobbies Jacob?" asked Alex, the face cover making his voice sound suppressed.

"Umm...music.. Dance...reading & yeah... Chatting with my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend huh!!! U Hv one?"

"She's the second one.... I broke up with the first one."

"Oh sorry."

"Nah doc... Don't b... She didn't UNDERSTOOD me..... But Emma... My present girlfriend does."

"So u were hurt after ur first break up." said Alex as he directed his assistants, who were engrossed by the duo's conversation, to move their hands off as he was about to complete the operation.

"Yeah, a bit... But now I'm okay.."

"So u stopped talking with ur ex?"

"No... Why would I?"

"Why not?... She left u..."

"Well doc... Frankly.. We both were just friends... We misunderstood the rest..."

Alex became still for a moment before saying... "Operation successful."

After 2 hours

The boy was happy to be discharged & so was his parents. Alex came with Jacob to meet his parents.

"Thnx doctor.. Thank u very much."

"Oh it's okay... Just thank god..."

The couple with their son was about to move when Alex called out.

"Hey Jacob... Good luck with Emma buddy"

"Thnx Alex" said Jacob as he smiled.

After checking his other patient for the rest 4-5 hours, it was time for Alex to get home. But it looked like luck wasn't favouring him at all with this "Early return" thing as it started raining heavily all of a sudden.

"Damn, this was the least thing which I thought. But I should b going, this rain's not gonna stop early but is gonna increase gradually." thought Alex as he went to his car & started the engine.

He was halfway done when the rainwater began to clog the drains & gutters & wasn't far off from making vehicle movements impossible.

"God... Just half-a-mile... Help me..."

After about starting his car's engine 6-7 times between this "half-a-mile" & his home with two times getting off the car to check the engine & thus getting himself completely drenched, Alex reached home, weared out. He pressed the bell.

"Who's there?" shouted Alicia.

"The best husband ever, dear." retorted Alex.

The door opened & Alicia gave a kiss to Alex & said, "OMG Alex, Cmon CMon get in!! ....God.. U r completely drenched."

"Hmm... & the worst part is that my car broke down & the RJ Was saying this rain could stop every work for 3 days." said Alex as he went for a shower.

"Well it's good... U would b able to spend more time with us" Alicia said as she served the white pasta with sardines.

"Mommy I hate sardines"

"Cmon Jason... Look at me..." said Alex as he unbuttoned his shirt & took one of his arm out ".... U know why dadda got these?" Alex flexed his biceps "....coz dadda ate sardines....Now.. Will u eat sardines?"

"Yess" said Jason, his eyes gleamy with the thought of being strong like his dad.

"What?" asked Alex looking at Alicia who was trying hard to suppress Her laugh.

"Sardines gave u muscles?" asked Alicia in an "almost-burst-out-laughing" manner & said, "... Thank god I didn't made peas today... Otherwise... " & she started laughing hard, "...u would.... U would Hv said peas.... Peas gave u muscles."

"Hey Cmon... Sometimes... Silly things work good." said Alex pointing at Jason who was eating the sardines with utter delight.

They completed their dinner talking about various things from Alex's encounter with Jacob Smith to Alicia's failed experiment with making a homemade, Harry Potter inspired Butterbeer to Jason's saying "Excuse me" for the first time.

"Good night Leo." whispered Alex to Jason as he slipped into sleep. He & Alicia went to their own room, Alex completely weary after getting drenched due to the rain.

During half-past midnight...

The rain was stricking the glass like bullets where firing on a steel sheet making a kind of rhythm. The vicinity was silence as all of them were dreaming the things they all thrived for or the things they feared of. Suddenly a loud knock came on the doors of the Woods dwelling which made Alex & Alicia wake up with a jerk.

"Who could b there, now?" asked Alicia, her face showing deep worry at well as a bit of fear.

"IDK... Lemme check it out."

"Be careful."

"I'm a inter-school boxing champion Alicia." said Alex with a sense of pride as he went down-stairs followed by Alicia.

"Lemme come with u"

"No... Stay in the room."

"Just shut up Alex... I'm with u... Always"

Alex went near the door, the sound of knocking gradually increasing, making it appear as a cry for help.

"Who's there?" shouted Alex. A tearing groan came from the other side.

"I said who's there?"

"Plz open the door doct..." the voice sank As Alex understood that it was someone who need medical care. As soon as he opened the door, a feminine structure, completely drenched in rain fell over his body as she uttered, "Help..." & became unconscious. Alex holded the woman by her shoulder & pushed as to see what has happened to her when he noticed that she was bleeding profusely. There was a big, deep cut on her abdomen.

"ALICIA.... EMPTY THE GUEST'S ROOM'S BED.. QUICKLY" shouted Alex as he lifted the woman & took her inside the room & laid her on the bed.

"ALICIA... LISTEN.. GET ME THE SCISSOR, THE BANDAGES, THE SEWING KIT & THE ANTISEPTIC LIQUID...QUICK"

Alicia went to the upper floor & in just a minute got the things, handing them to Alex as Alex quickly cut her dress from her abdomen area & after using his skills ultimately succeed in temporarily closing her wound.

"Darling... Plz get some pain killers."

"Yup."

Alex didn't notice the women's face during the happenings & Now sat down beside her as he moved his head towards her to see her face, unknowingly encountering his life's biggest shock.

As soon as he noticed the woman's face, his heart skipped a beat. It felt like someone stole his soul... Like all the low-feelingness hugged him at once as his mouth opened very to utter, "Maria..."

"Alex I brought the pain killers."

"Alicia.... Can u just give her the painkillers along with some sleeping pills. She needs rest." said Alex, his voice almost shallow.

"Ok.... U go & sleep &...."

"She's Maria.... Alicia's it's Maria."

"What?" Alex stood still, looking lost.

"All right Alex.. U go.. Sleep.. I'll take care of her." & in an instant, like a small kid, Alex followed Alicia.

After 1 hour

"I gave her the painkillers & sleeping pills. She wake up for sometime, asking where she was. I told her she was safe & was in the house of a doctor." said Alicia as she entered the bedroom. Alex was lying on the bed eyes open wide looking towards the night lamp.

"Alex?"

"Huh... Oh.. Yeah... What happened?" asked Alex, suddenly getting up from the bed & approaching Alicia.

"U heard?"

"Yup"

"& listen u...." & before Alicia could utter, Alex hugged her suddenly.

"Alex?...What happened?"

"Thank you....Thank you very much" whispered Alex.

"For what?"

"Shhhhh!!!.... Just b Here....with me.... Always"

"I was... I am... & I'll always b"

After hugging her for a long time Alex let her go.

"Good night Alice"

"Good night" smiled Alicia.

Nxt day

"Wake up MR. Woods" taunted Alicia as she ran her fingers, raking his hair.

"Umm... What's the tiiimmee" yawned Alex as he turned around to hug Alicia.

"Whatever the time is, it doesn't matter... Due to heavy rain there will b a half for all schools & transportation will b for at halt for 3 days."

"3 days?!" asked Alex, pretty surprised. Alicia nodded. "Just wish there's no emergency for these 3 days"

"There won't b"

"So.... Since it's morning... Very early & I've got 3 days off so...." Alex began to move his hand from Alicia's temple to her lips & began to tantalize them.

"So....?" asked Alicia looking mischievously at Alex.

"Don't u know?" asked Alex as he pulled her near him & began showering kisses on her throat.

"Alex.... Jason's awake.....umm.... He's gonna see us."

"Let him 's...." & before Alex could complete, the door swung open & Jason came shouting, "Daddaaaaa.... Gdmrng"

"Why?...just why?" asked Alex frowning, looking towards Jason, Alicia laughing.

"Gdmrng champ" said Alex, his face still slouchy.

"I'll go put the breakfast till then Alex, get the shower & get down." Alicia went downstairs, leaving Alex & Jason on the bed.

"Dad... Who's that aunty sleeping in our guest room?" asked Jason, making Alex a bit dim, as he remembers the last night's incidents.

"She was wounded & so..." Alex took Jason on his arms "... Me & mommy helped her b okay."

"oo" said Jason as they moved downstairs.

Alex put Jason on his chair & went to Alice who was preparing the breakfast. He stood beside her resting his back on the kitchen slab, looking towards the store as he said, "

"Alice... Did u gave her the breakfast?"

"Yeah I gave her the soup & the protein shake along with some tablets so that she could feel better. & her name's Maria, & u know her. Treat her like that only not like just any patient."

"I'll try" said Alex with a weary look.

"Is she awake?"

"She woke up before me.. It was..."

"It was 5:30 am?"

"Yeah... U know that?"

"She..... Nah just guessing. So.. She still wakes up early...."

"Alex I knew what u were going to say. U can't pretend in front of me."

"Excuse me?" came a shrill & sleepy voice from the guest room which made Alex's heart skip a beat.

"Alex... I'm busy with this... Plz look what she needs. It's good if u see her Alex... She'll feel relieved."

Alex heartbeat throbbed as he approached the door of the guest room his pulses grew faster & he had an odd feeling as he turned to knob of the door & entered the room.

"Alex... Everything's okay"

"Actually I was wanting t...." & as soon as Maria's eyes fell on Alex's, her heartbeat stopped.

"Wait... What?.... It can't b... It just can't.... Alex.... How could?.... God don't play with me.... I'm in Alex's home & that women... She... She was his wife!!"

"Hi!" said Maria as his conscience jerked him as he was lost reminiscing.

"Hello....how r u?"

"Presently not good"

"I know"

"Not only physically Alex.."

"So....Thnx for saving me..."

"What actually happened?.... God I shouldn't have asked... She would think I care for her"

"A snatcher came & took my purse... When resisted, took out a knife & ...."

"Hmm... U lost a lot of blood... God I'm so stupid... She was stabbed.. Obviously she would have lost a lot of blood"

They stared at each other for sometime.

"So.... U became a doctor... A surgeon."

"I'm the Best...."

"U sounded arrogant."

"It's pride not arrogance."

"Don't start that comparing same things with playing words."

"Arrogance & pride r two different thing." Alex raised his voice.

"Ohhhoo plz... What's the difference?" said Maria sarcastically.

"When two people like each other.. It's their arrogance but Pride is when two people LOV..." Alicia entered the room.

"Well Alex... Maria needs some rest & I Hv to do her dressing.... So..."

Alex rushed out of the room to upstairs leaving Maria & Alicia in the room.

"When did u got married?" asked Maria as Alice removes the old bandage.

"8 years ago... When he had started his career" Alice replied with a smile.

"Oh... I see... Obviously... What do u thought Maria... Would he wait for u"

"Did u liked the breakfast?" asked Alicia, breaking the silence, & also trying to divert Maria's mind as she was about to take off the last layer of bandage from her wound.

"Yeah & I... Oucch ..." shrieked Maria and Alice took the old bandage out.

"Sorry... Did I hurt u?"

"No u didn't.. Yes u did"

"I'm sorry... Initially it hurts..but after some time it would b okay."

"No it won't." Maria nodded

"R u married? .... Judging by the ring u had" Alicia asked.

Maria at once looked in her pocket but the ring wasn't there. She began to worry when Alice said, "Don't worry... We got it last night...it's there..." Alice pointed to the drawer near the bed "... I guess it is from someone very special..... U were holding it tightly even when u were unconscious"

"It is...."

"Well...." Alice was about to say when a shout came from the upper floor.

"Alice... DEAR hv u done the dressing?..... Then plz come up once... DARLING" shouted Alex, making Maria's blood boil.

"OKAY... ILL B THERE" said Alice getting towards the door.

"Alice... I think u should go... I can wrap the bandage myself."

"Of couresely not." said Alice firmly. "It would b something petty for which he's calling... For now, my first priority is u"

"Thank u sister... Mind if I call u that?"

"No... U can call me that."

"So... Umm... When I'm not gonna b a hectic for u guys?... I mean when I'm gonna b okay?"

"U r never a hectic... U r a gr8 person Maria. & judging by the wound, u r gonna b okay in 2-3 days only."

"ALICE?.. PLZ COME UP" shouted Alex.

"OK... Maria... Mind if I..."

"Of couresely not... Told u... I'm gonna b at the table at lunch.. Meet u there."

"Yup.." said Alicia cheerfully, as she closed the guest's room's door & went upstairs.

"GOD REALLY?!... HE CALLS HER DARLING & DEAR... I'M GONNA SKIN HIM ALIVE" thought Alicia as she clenched her fist & looked towards the ring before feeling drowsy & falling asleep.

"What took u so long hun?" asked Alex playing ludo King with Jason on his mobile.

"Oh she was talking with me..."

"May I know about what... If u rnt bothered?"

"Oh she was just asking when did we got married.... That she liked the breakfast & all that..."

"OK..."

"Well wanna go for lunch... I Hv prepared it already."

"Oh honey how can I miss ur dish... U know I love ur..." Alex rubbed Alice's lips with his thumb "... Ur dishes." He gave her a quick kiss, forgetting Jason was staring at them.

"MOMMMMAA!!! ...." Jason began to shower cute punches on Alex's thighs "... Dad is doing ew-ew to u"

"No Jason..." said Alex taking Jason on his arms "...momma was having something on his lips & that's why I was helping it remove it."

Alicia ran down the stairs laughing, as Alex took Jason & followed Alice.

"Hey.. Plz take some more loafs" Alicia insisted to Maria. As she signed not to give more than two bread loafs. It was a six-seater table & across the table sat Alex & Maria on both side while Jason sat beside Alicia & Alicia near Maria. The silence was building up & so was the tension. Alice, broke the silence. She couldn't take it anymore.

"Actually it's kinda odd we have bought a six-seater u see, we don't have any frequent relatives, actually we don't have any. My parents divorced when I was 8 & Alex's parents..."

"I know.." interrupted Maria "... Don't hurt him anymore by saying he's parents were dead....& I know him better than u"

"I am an orphan. Mom & dad died when I was 3" said Alex firmly, chewing the meat piece, making it appear that he was directly going against what Maria wanted, even if she wanted that he doesn't get hurt. The heavy silence again prevailed.

"Momma.... Can I get the drumstick plz."

"Yeah of course" said Alice & stood up to get the bowl of drumsticks from the other side but Jason, being an-overactive child threw himself on the table to get the drumstick on his own but ended up stricking the bowl of hot soup, but in just a moment Maria pushed Jason towards the other side & ended up drowning Her hand in the hot soup with some of it on Jason's hand & like a chalk-screrching sound, Jason let out a shriek as Alice & Alex rushed to THEIR aid.

"Momm~mmaa~" Jason's voice went to the top notch, losing its sound for sometime due to shouting.

Maria went to the kitchen basin as Alex & Alicia went towards Jason.

"Alex, u go, check Maria's alright" Alice ordered.

"I can't, Jason needs some...."

"Alex.. She saved Jason, go check her.... Jason's skin got saved due to his sleeves.... Go" Alice said raising her voice as she rushed to the bathroom to get some anti-burn lotion for Jason & Maria.

"U okay....God I'm feeling worried bout her as much as I'm worried bout Jason... Why?"

Maria nodded.

"No u rnt.. Lemme see it" said Alex as he grabbed her hand, from the flow of water as he noticed that her skin was burnt badly & was appearing red like she had touched embers of fire.

"Cmon with me... U need some lotion" said Alex & pulled her towards the chair making her sit down & rushed to the bedroom.

"Alice... Where's the lotion.?"

"It's There on the table..." said Alice laying Jason on the bed as he fall asleep after crying too much. "... Alex... Is she badly hurt?"

Alex nodded as he grabbed the lotion & as he rushed downstairs. Maria was sitting on the chair as Alex, knelt down, & applied the lotion.

"Alex... U Hv got a wonderful wife."

"I know" said Alex proudly.

"She.... Does she.. Knows...umm.."

"She knows everything"

"& she still... Believes.... Loves u?!"

"Yup."

He was about to cover the burnt area when a drop of tear fell on the back of his palm.

"I know it hurts too much, but believe me u will get alright."

"I'm not crying because it hurts Alex...." muttered Maria "...I'm crying coz I still know u love me"

Alex quickly withdrew his hand forcing his mind not to listen what he had heard.
He stood up & began placing the cap on the bottle of the lotion. "U will get okay after sometime." Alex was about to go when he was stopped as Maria holded the tip of his hands.

"Alex... U still love me"

"Don't live in fantasies, Maria."

Maria went to cling Her arms on Alex's shoulder but he removes Her hands.

"Alex.."

"It will b okay... Goodnight" said Alex as he was about to turn when Maria shouted

"THEN WHAT WAS ALL THAT BETWEEN US HUH?"

"IT ALL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE!!!" Alex shouted back.

"MISTAKE?! ...SO WHY DONT U TELL HER BOU'T OUR MISTAKES. LET HER ALSO KNOW WHAT A CARELESS GUY SHE HAD MARRIED."

"MARIA... LOWER UR VOICE."

"MISTAKE HUH?!.... DID SHE KNOW BOU'T THE NIGHT U MADE THAT MISTAKE...."

"Maria..."

"THE NIGHT WHEN U CAME TO MY HOUSE."

"MARIAAA...."

"THE NIGHT WHEN U WERE LIKE A WILD... JUST ALL OVER ME &..."

Suddenly they everything stopped by a loud sound of glass-breaking.

Both of them turned around to see Alice. She was clearing the dinning table when the two plates slipped from her hands. She was kneeling down, collecting the broken pieces of the plates, her face covered by her flocks of hair. Maria stormed to the guest room. Alex went to Alice To Help Her picking the pieces.

"U leave it.. I'll do" said Alex as he tried to remove her hand but he noticed that she resisted & with a broken voice said, "Nn.. No.. I.. I.... I will do it."

"Alice?" Alex moved his hands & removed her hairs to see what Alex considered his life's biggest failure & his fear; Alice was covered in tears, crying profusely.

"A~li~ce" Alex broke down as he hugged Alice, tears rolling down his face continuously.

"I'm so sorry Alice... I... I'm sorry... It's all my fault.... I made...."

"It's okay Alex, it's not ur fault, u r the best, & I love u..." said Alice as she hugged him more tightly.

"No.... I'm the worst person.... I hurted u... I.... If she wasn't there nothing would have happened... She made u cry & Now she will repay for this."

"Alex no..." but Alice's pleas were turned down by Alex as he kicked opened the guest room's door & yelled at Maria who was sitting on the bed, tears rolling down Her face.

"LISTEN U.... U R NOTHING FOR ME... U UNDERATOOD NOTHING.... SHE... THAT GIRL OUT THERE... SHE'S WAY MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN U... SHE LOVES ME & I LOVE HER & DONT U DARE MAKE HER CRY.... U HEARD THAT?... DONT U DARE..."

Alex was about to burst out more but was stopped by Alice as she forced him to go upstairs.

"DID U HEARD THAT?.....I LOVE ALICE & NOTHING COULD SEPARATE US.. NOT EVEN U." Alex shouted till his voice became non-audible.

"What's wrong with u Alex?... Why were u shouting at her?... It wasn't her fault."

"How dare she made u cry..... Just how.." Alex stopped as Alice rushed & hugged her.

"Nothing could separate us Alex.... I know u love me & I love u."

"I love u too" said Alex as a tear rolled down his face. He didn't notice that only he & Alice weren't the one who were crying that day. Someone else had cried that whole night. & the worst thing was that person didn't have someone whom she can hug & cry out herself.

Next Morning

The Sun shone brightly, the rain had stopped last night. It was a bright sunny day. Every load had been shedded last night. All the gloom drained & it was time for a fresh start now.

"Maria, I'm sorry for last night.." Alice entered in Maria's room "... Sorry for ... Alex's behavior & I..." but before Alice could utter, Maria got off the bed & hugged Alice tightly, tears rolling down her face,

"I'm so sorry Alice.... I'm so sorry sis.... I.. I... " Alice hugged her even more tightly "Shh.. U r my sister... There's no place for sorry & Thank u between sisters."

"Thnx sis" Maria grinned.

"Alright... Hmn" Alice regained herself ".. Alex & I are going out for buying the presents for Jason's B-Day... It's tomorrow....so till then.. Can u plz take care of Jason sis?... He's upstairs."

"OH yeah surely... U guys go."

"Thank u sister... Bye"

"Bye" Alice left the room & Maria sat on the bed. "Alex didn't came.... Knew it... I crossed my limits last night ... Alice's a happy soul... She forgives & forgets easily but Alex... Bloody grudge-holder."

Maria looked out of the window & noticed that Alex was about to enter the car when he gave a glance towards her room's window, making it appear as if he can see her & is staring at her. Maria looked towards his face & deep green eyes. "OH god those eyes... But why r they moist... Nah I'm just imagining... No I'm not.." thought Maria as she noticed that when Alice approached the car, Alex in a jerk wiped his eyes "...I'm sorry Alex."

***************************

"Alex... I know u r hurt but u should Hv met her." said Alice.

"I will,.... I'll apologize also.... But I need sometime... I would Hv broke down if I met her at morning.... Those last night's incidents were still fresh Alice."

"Umm.. But make sure once u return u say sorry to her" ordered Alice.

"I will... I'll have to.... I won't b able to carry this load of making her sad for long, & she's going to leave tomorrow coz her wound is now good..... Mostly."

****************************

Maria was sitting on her bed when she noticed that a pair of eyes was peeping through the door ~ the same pair of green mesmerising eyes.

"Jason right? .... Come in."

The green pairs of eyes nodded, & came in. Jason sat on the bed near Maria along with his teddies.

"Which school do u go?"

"Daffodils international school"

"OK... So... Who's ur bestie?"

"Her name was Mia."

"Was?.... What happened?... She left school?"

"Yes" said Jason, looking a bit sad.

"Okayyyy... So what r ur teddies name?" asked Maria, trying to uplift Jason's mood.

"These two r Fred & George..." said Jason pointing towards two identical looking brown teddies. "Twins?" asked Maria.
"Yup" said Jason. "& this is kats" pointed Jason towards a cat-looking teddy. "& This is bunny, my favorite" Jason pointed towards a brown bunny.

"& this is?" asked Maria pointing towards a grey-coloured bunny lying away from the rest.

"Oh that's Mike. He was bunny's BEST friend."

"isn't he a friend now?"

"No" said Jason swaying his head to both sides.

"Why?"

"They had fight."

"So just for only one fight they won't b friends?" Maria started forgetting that she was talking bout the toys of a kid. She started relating it to her own life.

"I asked this question to mum?"

"What did she replied?" Maria became completely oblivious to everything else, just focussing on what I would b Jason's answer.

"I didn't understand it tho I learned it by heart coz everyone asks this question to me bout bunny & Mike."

"Tell me plz" Maria pleaded.

"She said when a relationship has more problem & fights than love & warmness then the relationship has to b stopped. Relationships rnt perfect coz perfect relations r fake. Matches rnt made in heaven. They r woven in earth. She said that if, even after u had left someone but can't erase that person from ur mind and soul then it's better to keep in touch with the person but never to try to make the relationship work again. Coz it would mean burning several matchstick to burn the reflection of a candle falling on water. Every relation can b made when there is understanding compromising & real affection towards each other. & that's why they say that love doesn't mean to die for each other. Love means to live with each other without even letting it in ur mind that someday will come when I have to leave the person I'm with."

Maria was strucked. She asked Jason, "How could u learn those things?!"

"I made mom write it & whenever someone asked I read it out. & when I ended reading, everyone would hug & kiss me & that's why I memorized it" Jason grinned.

"What's ur name?" asked Jason.

"Maria." said she, still unable to b okay after what she had heard. There

"Jason, dear can u get me a pen and paper?" said Maria, wiping her eyes to hide her tears.

"Yes but why r u crying?"

"I'm not crying dear, something went into my eyes. Amyways just get me the pen & paper." Jason went upstairs & came back with a writing pad & pen & handed it to Maria as she sat on the study-table & started writing something, tears flowing out of her eyes like water flowing out from the brim of a container.

***************************

Alex stopped his car & got off helping Alice with lifting the presents.

"Alice, u go knock the Door & I..." Alex stopped along with Maria as Jason ran up-to them from their neighbour's courtyard.

"Where were u lil devil?" smirked Alice.

"Mom, Maria aunty left..." said Jason with a hint of sadness. Maria & Alex stood there looking lost. Alex finding it difficult to lift the presents tho earlier it was nothing for him.

"Wh. What.... Why?" Alice stammered.

"Idk... She said that her wound was now healed & Now it's time for her to go. She said thanks & sorry to both of u & told me to hand this letter to u Dad"

"Gimme ME the letter." said Alice but Jason, in a blink of an eye pulled his hand & said shouting, "No... No... I promised that I'll give this letter to dad only..... Maria said this to hand it to dad."

"Okay kiddo.... Alex u.."

"Yeah u open the door, I see.. I'll see that letter." Alex said, his voice shallow.

Alice entered the house & took the presents from Alex as she said, "Cmon kiddo.. Hand the letter to dad & let's go upstairs. I Hv brought it favourite cookies."

Jason gave a shriek out of joy as he handed the letter to Alex & rushed upstairs, following Alice. Alex sat on the dining table as he opened the letter. God knows why he felt sad. He knew Maria would go today but Her sudden departure had made him a bit.... Sad... Maybe coz he was unable to say sorry to her. But nope, it was something else....

Alex tore the envelope & started reading the letter:

Dear Alex,

I don't know if I should b writing this or not but... I had to. I just wanna say many things but for now I think.. Sorry.. Sorry to u & ur wife... Sorry for last night...... Last night.. The things which happened... I know I crossed my limits. & I'm sorry for that also. U don't need to say sorry I know but... Frankly... I was expecting u to come & at least meet me today.... Last night... The things u shouted to me were true ALICE'S URS ONLY & NO-ONE CAN SEPARATE U TWO. But I didn't want to hurt her neither do I wanted to snatch her away from her. 10 years ago... I broke ur heart.... Sorry for that also... But plz Alex... Idk anything better than plz... So plz Alex... Forgive me & let it go....

U Hv got the best family, the best wife & an amazing kiddo... I love Jason... Especially his eyes... He got them from u... Those eyes which made me fall for u. But I'm sorry coz I made those eye's moist & that's why my eye's also got moist while writing this...

I know I can Never b yours Alex. & neither can u b mine but.... Coz a very A-M-A-Z-I-N-G person told me that trying to make a broken relationship happen again is like burning several matchstick trying light the reflection of a candle on water.....

I couldn't give Jason anything on his B-Day as I won't b there, but I think I can give him a small present. The ring.

Alex took the ring out of the envelope, tears rolling down his cheek, as he broke down completely. It appeared like his heart was crushed, broken, & churned but the pain..... After holding it for 10 long years... He at last let it flow out & God.... It felt terrible..... Very much pain... Like his heart was getting thawed by several knife-cuts... Like his soul was getting numb like it was kept inside the ice-sheets. He continued staring at the ring... He knew the ring. He read the last line's of the letter as he completely broken down... Crying inconsolably.

U remembered this ring... Yeah the same ring u had bought for me ...Gift it to Jason on my behalf... This ring ... U let it go 10 years ago but ... When u'll gift it to Jason, tell him that Maria said, "NEVER LET IT GO...."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 4.6K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...
1.2M 109K 41
โœซ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐’๐š๐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
166K 3.7K 25
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
791K 23.3K 63
"Real lifeแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€…แ€€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€…แ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ แ€•แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€ปแ€ฌแ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ฒแ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฒแ€Šแ€ญแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธ Bae แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€„แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€„แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€›แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€‘แ€ญ แ€„แ€ซแ€แ€ป...