Cultist

By BubblyBarry

Highest ranking: #1 in Danvid && #12 in CampCamp ! During Daniel's entire life, he had one purpose; help peop... More

Chapter 1, Beginning
Chapter 2, A Kid Named Max
Chapter 3, Static
Chapter 4, David
Chapter 5, And It All Just Stopped
Chapter 6, Change
Chapter 7, Slumber Party
Chapter 8, Accident
Chapter 9, Too Drunk
Chapter 10, Hangover
Chapter 11, First
Chapter 12, Strike The Match
Chapter 13, Secret
Chapter 14, Lies
Chapter 15, Swipe Screen To Unlock
Not an updated but..
Chapter 16, Sneaky
Chapter 17, Heaven
Chapter 18, Boyfriend
Chapter 19, Thinking
Chapter 21, Sometimes
Chapter 22, Wrong
Chapter 23, The End
Chapter 24, So This Is What It Feels Like
New book(s)

Chapter 20, Pain

1.7K 57 156
By BubblyBarry

(Daniel’s POV)

There shouldn't be a person in your life with so much power that they make you feel physically ill without touching you. Once there is someone like this in your life you have to do everything you can to make sure they are happy and stay with you because you have given them to power to kill you without even going near you. A person shouldn't have this much authority on your life, and yet I let him.

David could kill me with the flick of his fingers without him even knowing he had done so, and when Max handed him my phone, and he stood there flipping through my ascension log, I couldn't do anything but stand in front of him and slowly die as the ring pop I was holding fell out of my hand and onto the grass below my feet.

I wasn't good with making out emotions, but the look on David’s face was indescribable. It was rage, it was sorrow, it was fear, confusion, disbelief, distrust, every negative emotion all at once. His hand started the shake, the light of the phone screen moving side to side as he slowly looked up at me. His lips parted, and his breath came out heavy and shaky.

“You… you monster.” David stammered out, I tried to think of a lie, any lie, anything I could say to get out of this situation, but all my lies were used up and there was nothing I could do but stand there and try to hold back tears even though I wasn't managing to.

“You killed all these people - kids too? All of them dead in some sick fashion… and for what? For who? Simon? ‘Zeemuug’?” David said, stopping at the end and crying, clenching the phone in his hands. I didn't know what to do. All the information about my cult, about Simon, Cameron, all the people I killed the ways I did it it was all sitting on that phone because I had to document it all for Simon. I tried to speak but David screamed back at me in return.

“Tell me it's not fucking true! Please! Tell me Max set you up! Anything!” he shouted, this is when I broke and I started crying too. I wanted to tell him a lie, but put a bandage on the whole thing to stop it from bleeding, but I knew that I had already empty my job of bandages and never let this wound heal leaving me with a bleeding, infected mess that I had to clean up. I just shook my head at him, allowing my tears to flow from my eyes and wherever they please.

“Tell me anything…” David whimpered, he took a breath in, snot pouring out of his nose. I tried to make words but all that came out was sharp breaths.

“I- I- I did it. All of it.” I finally managed, David cried louder and pulled at his hair in frustration. He grit his teeth and pointed at me.

“You sick bastard! Max was right this whole time! Here I was, defending you to the kids when in fact you are a ruthless cultist murderer! You were going to kill all of these kids - all of my kids weren't you? With your poisonous Kool aid! And they would have ended up dead just like all these other people you have written here in your twisted documents!” David roared at me, each syllable a knife in my head. David took another deep but shaky breath.

“And what about us?! I trusted you! I told you everything! I did things with you I would never dream of doing with anyone else! I pictured us getting married before! I pictured us with a family! I pictured us living together until we grew old! I pictured it all! But your a fucking sociopathic killer!” David screamed, his voice straining because of how loud his sentences were coming out. He started to laugh, trying to wipe his tears but there were too many coming down too fast.

“Do you even love me? Or was this all a set up to make me turn my back while you kill my kids? You seduced all these people in here for someone named Cameron, is that what you did to me too? I'm just one of your helpless sluts who you will kill by slitting my throat or shooting me in the mouth?” David asked, this is when I retaliated.

“No David, that's not true-” I began.

“How can I fucking trust you! Everything you say is a fucking lie! Go to fucking hell Daniel! Go to fucking hell and take your shitty fake words with you!” David stomped his feet as he exploded with anger. I growled back at him and stepped closer to him, my hands turning to fists.

“You know what David! Distracting you to kill the camp kids might have been the plan but guess what?! I didn't fucking do it, did I?! I stopped my plan as soon as I saw you. I didn't kill any kids, and I could have. I've been just barely dodging my cult leaders - including that Cameron guy -about the subject which could in fact get me killed all because of you. I don't know what it is but instead of feeding you and these kids poisoned Kool aid like I did everyone else on that list I dumped it out and decided to let you live. Something inside of me was missing and when I saw you, you put it back, and I don't have a god damn clue as to why and how only you did that but I have a fucking hypothesis that maybe it means I love you!” my sentence got louder as I neared the end, David was crying harder now and so was I. David sniffled and tossed my phone at me, I just barely caught it, the screen wet with sweat and tears.

“Max was right this whole time… I should have trusted him…” David said, he took a deep breath and stomped his food on the dirt.

“Get out.” he said it in a low tone, much quieter than he had been talking this whole time. I stepped forward and let out some ‘but’s yet David wasn't having any of it. He stomped his foot again and raised his voice.

“Get out of here! I should be calling the police right now but I'm going to give you a 2 minute head start because dammit Daniel, I actually thought you were the one…” he cried again.

“Now get the fuck out of here. I never want to see you again.” He said. I wanted to argue back, I wanted to fight with him because he was worth fighting for. But this situation, it wasn't a rough patch, it wasn't like I lied to him about getting fired or I lied to him about some person I flirted with, no. I was a murderer. I killed many people and it wouldn't be far for David to hold that with him, it wouldn't be far for David to love someone as horrible as I was considering how pure and perfect he was. There was no working this out between us, the only solution was this.

I slowly turned around and walked. I walked to my car, I kept the keys in my pocket with my wallet and I got inside. I left my bag in the cabin but I wasn't going back to retrieve it. I started my car, and I backed out of the parking lot, driving away slowly. Slowly looking in my rear view window, seeing Camp Campbell, the place that changed my life for the better, fade away in the starry night sky along with
David, the love of my life. Every time I pushed on the gas pedal, I felt him become further and further away from me. It was hard to drive when I knew that I was driving away for good, there was no chance of me going back to that camp. There was no chance I was going to see David again.

I just kept driving, I had nowhere to go. I couldn’t go back to Simon, I couldn’t go to Cameron, I had no friends, no family. Nothing. I was completely and utterly alone and there was nothing I could do about it but just drive away. Drive away without knowing where I was going. I started crying again as the camp completely left my eyesight and was replaced by the darkness of the night.

(David’s POV)

I couldn’t believe it, it was true. Everything Max told me way back when I was on vacation was true. Daniel was a monster, and I fell for his trap. I was so angry, so sad, confused, I was everything. This wasn’t how I wanted my first real relationship to go. This was not ok, I was not ok. When Daniel walked off and left Max tried to talk to me and I ignored him, I ran off to the counselors cabin and through myself on the floor, crying deeply into the bottom of my blanket. I had never felt this kind of pain before.

Then a wave of rage came over me, I stood up and screamed. I kicked his suit case and then held my sore foot. I cursed and I cried and eventually fell over, laying on the ground sobbing. I was glad Gwen wasn't here to see my melt down, I was now more embarrassed then any of my other emotions. I couldn't believe it. Daniel killed all those poor people, all for some sick cult. And then he lied to me, many many times, and he took advantage of me. I though he was the one, the yes I was going to give him about marriage was hanging on my lip right when Max called for me. I wonder what would have happened if I had said yes? Would he have married me and killed me in my sleep? Or was the ring pop poisoned with his toxic Kool aid? I felt sick all over, my head, my stomach, my heart… I didn't think I could move. I needed to call the police didn't I? Daniel was a murderer… instead of doing anything I just lay there motionless.

Suddenly I heard a knock at the door. I assumed it was Gwen because she wasn't in here and she usually was at this time. I tried to collect myself but I didn't know how well I had. I figured, it was Gwen, we were best friends, I could tell her anything anyways. I took a breath and opened the door slowly.

The person standing there was not someone I ever met, they had pale skin, neatly combed blonde hair and green eyes. They were wearing a white shirt with a black tie sitting on their chest. They looked at me, confused, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Oh. I see. So, Daniel was lying to me.” the guy said, he had a stern voice, it was intimidating.

“Who are you?” I asked, the words coming out nervously, the man laughed and stepped into the cabin.

“This is so funny. I knew Daniel must have been distracted from his goals by something because of the tone in his voice, but I didn't think this something was a someone.” he stepped closer to me, further into the cabin. I tried to push the he door closed but he was too strong. He scratched his chin and then started rummaging in his back pocket, pulling out a cloth.

“I see Daniel isn't here so, you will have to do. You kind of look like him too ahah…” the man approached me so swiftly that I didn't have time to react. The cloth was already pushed against my face, and I breathed in the substance. Everything went cloudy then, and my vision faded until it was gone. The last thing I remember was seeing those intimidating eyes peering into my soul and then the man saying one more thing.

“Don't you want to feel safe too?”

A/N …

Y’all must think I'm Satan or something.

Anyways yes shit just went down next few chapters will be suspense filled and action packed so get ready for that!

Also this is a very brief side not here regarding one of the OC type characters in this book - if ‘Cameron’ is ever mentioned as a pimp cultist then this is my OC Cameron and no Cameron Campbell.  I realized he similarities probably last week and just wanted to confirm incase someone was confused.

THANKS GUY LOVE UUU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 1 8
You're the newest recruit at Camp Campbell! This is your journey through the last few weeks of camp. Hanging around with Gwen and David, your time is...
53.4K 1.1K 34
She/her pronouns! This is y/n (you,readers) adventures with all the campers and adults at Camp Cambell. Y/n's a bored 23 year old with a work at ho...
36.6K 1K 17
Things just didn't add up. The over the top happiness. The endless energy. The strange loyalty to Camp Campbell. The complete blindness to the truth...
97.8K 2.1K 35
(Please keep in mind I wrote this when I was 10-11 years old. It will not be good! Please do not expect something amazing out of this as I had no pla...