Double Down (a double standar...

Af nikkihershell

I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year ol... Mere

Recap
Happy Birthday
Making Amends
The End Of A Beginning
Alternate Ending
Numb Empire
How Many Sugars Would You Like?
In Remembrance
Vixen In Red
Chasing The Unchaseable
Alice In No Land
First Break
This Feeling
Boy Toy
It's Not Gonna Happen
Impenetrable
Touching Base
I Ain't Scared
Prickly Pear
Let's chat
Hiding The Truth
Well This Is New
My Own Fuckery
Big Shocker
Secret Training
Steam And Matches
Parentals
Trouble Has A New Name
Tonight 's Menu: Drama
What's Considered Normal Anyways
Allow Me To Introduce Myself
Fight For Freedom
Welcome To My World Fucker
Surrender
Uncaptivate
No Turning Back Now
Appreciation
Angels And Demons
Anchors Away
Ch-Ching
Unleashed
Yes Means No, No Means Yes
Hearts Entangled
Standing My Ground
To The Grave
Little Temptress
Finally Gave In
Murder On The Brain
Bonjour
The Truth Hurts
Damsel Or Not
Needle In A Haystack
Bottoms Up
Double TAKE
Queen Recognized
He's Got Me
At A End
Alert!!!
Reversed Proposal

Under The Weather

3.2K 269 41
Af nikkihershell

Hey guy's!

I hope everyone is doing well and will enjoy the weekend! I know my updates have been slacking off for the past week and I'm sorry. School has started back for my kiddos so I've been a very busy mommy. Between working, cleaning chores, helping my kid's with homework, cooking dinner and preparing them as well as myself for the next morning I'm tired y'all!!

By the time I get a moment for myself I'll sit down and begin to write and find myself dozing off 😔
However once I adjust to the new schedule and kick the summer lazies I'll resume updating as usual! Please just hang tight!

While I have your attention I'd like to announce that I will be continuing Trailer Trash very soon. I feel as if I've neglected it too long. As soon as I have more free time I will be starting on London and Laneys new adventure! Also I'm going to take my first jab at writing a werewolf book! I hope I have some wolf fans out there!

As always thanks for your support and everything! Love ya!

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

It's been three day's since I left CJ's apartment in a tizzy and he followed my wishes by not contacting me. I know our spat might seem trivial on the grand scale of thing's but his word's made me feel unimportant. Was I not good enough to meet his family? Was he ashamed of me and my past?

Sometimes your very own mind can be your worse enemy. I continuously tell myself that CJ didn't mean it in a bad way. He was caught off guard by his parent's and put on the spot. He said the first thing that came to mind. Then there's that nagging little voice that sets camp up in the root of my mind saying... He really isn't into you. Don't be a fool. He hid you from his parent's for a reason.

If only I could shut those negative thoughts off and don't take everything so personal. I blame my anxiety on my uncle and Derick but I've got to overcome it if I truly want a healthy relationship with CJ. One day at a time is all I can ask for. This isn't something anyone could get over overnight. It takes time, failed attempts and controlling my thoughts.

That's why I've held out on calling CJ. I'm ashamed of my behavior and I don't blame him if he's done with my crazy ass. Besides judging by his mom's reaction to me she didn't seem too enthused. I'm almost certain her little meeting with him the following day was to convince him to drop me or maybe I'm over thinking yet again.

In the mean time, since our weekend get away was a busy I returned to work. Another day, another dollar right? No need to waste my weekend when I could earn some cash. However by Sunday evening I had came down with a terrible cold and left for home early. Since then I've been curled up in my bed with multiple blankets tossed over my frigid body and surrounding with many rumpled, snotty tissues. My eye's are puffy and as of this morning my throat is scratchy. It takes all I have to get up to use the bathroom or get a glass of water. My achy body screams with every move. In fact I was so out of it I never heard my apartment door open.

"Alice can we talk? I haven't heard from you in day's and I miss you" . CJ's voice penetrated my little bubble of germs.

At first I was startled by the intrusion but I quickly recovered when I realized how hedious I must look. I hadn't bathed since early Sunday morning and I stank. My hair hadn't seen a brush since then either so I'm sure it was a knotty mess. Yanking the covers over my head I muffled out. "Go home CJ".

Obviously he assumed I was still upset. "Angel, I'm sorry. Please talk to me. This silent treatment shit is torture" .

I remained silent. Suddenly my blankets were jerked from my body. "No". I wailed in my scratchy voice as I scrambled to retrieve them.

" Baby ,are you okay? You look bad? " CJ asked with concern.

Propping myself up on my pillow I sighed. "I'm sick with a cruddy cold or something" .

He sat beside me and placed his hand to my forehead. "You're burning up Angel. How long have you been like this and why didn't you call me?"

My only reply was to shrug and I was grateful he didn't press the issue. "Lay back and relax. I'm going to run out for a few item's. I promise I'll only be gone thirty minutes top".

He leaned down and placed his lips to my cheek. As he started to retreat a thought occurred to me. "My door was locked. How did you get in?"

" superintendent ". He replied quickly.

Even though I don't think my superintendent would let him in without notifying me first I let it go. I had enough of fighting and wasn't up for it anyways. True to his word he was back within the time frame he gave. His arm's were full with many bags. After putting them away he removed several medicine's. "I got a little of everything because I'm not sure what you prefer. There's cough syrup, fever reducer, headache and body ache, cold medicine that covers all the bases".

I nodded and chose what medicine to take. As I was finishing the glass of OJ he brought me he busied himself drawing a bath for me. The warm water was so inviting and eased my achy muscles. Toweling myself dry, I wrapped up in my fuzzy tone and felt a smidgen better. I entered my room to find fresh, clean liens on my bed. Crawling into my clean bed never felt better. I could hear CJ banging around in the kitchen but still was too weak to investigate, instead I resumed channel surfing. Within the hour he appeared carrying a tray of food. Carefully he laid it across my lap. "I made you homemade chicken noodle soup and a bowl of fresh fruit".

Never had anyone taken care of me since my parent's died. Picking up the single yellow rose that was placed on my tray, I brought it to my nose and my eye's teared. A lost memory hit me and I found myself spilling my thoughts to him. "As a child when I got sick my mom made me this exact same meal."

CJ grasped my hand and in an attempt to lighten my mood he said. "I imagine hers was better".

I gave a half smile and brought the spoon to my lips.

Two more day's slipped by and CJ stayed right by my side tending to my needs. I was so happy when I woke symptom free and feeling human again. I did return to work but later that evening I was snuggled up on the couch with CJ, our little tiff long forgotten. Curious as to what his mother wanted to see him about I asked. "So, how did thing's go with your mom?"

" She was in a much better mood by then. I apologize for her behavior that day. Normally she's a very nice person but she's been having a tough time with the passing of my grandparents ".

Nodding I spoke. "I can understand, after all I lost my parent's at the same time but I imagine them being murdered only adds to her pain. May I ask what happened?"

A pained look crossed his face and I knew this was a sensitive subject for him. "I'm sorry. Let's change the topic".

" No, it's okay. They went out for the evening and someone hijacked them for their car. They killed them in the process".

"I'm so sorry. I hope the culprit is caught and justice served".

" you would have loved them Alice, especially my grandmother. She was amazing and Pop Pop".

We grew silent again until CJ spoke. "By the way, my mom wants us to join them for dinner this weekend. She'd like to properly meet you and I'm sure the entire clan will be there".

I don't know why that made me so nervous but I nodded my head in agreement. Several more minutes passed and I changed the topic to something that had been bothering me. "I've noticed something strange the past few week's. When I leave my home or I'm at work I keep catching glimpses of these men in black suits. At first I thought I was overreacting but I'm certain it's the same men each time. I'm worried Derrick is up to something. Have you noticed them"?

CJ seemed to really think on it. "No. Nothing at all but I keep my eye's peeled".

Before I could say more his phone interrupted us and he looked relieved. Answering,he stood and walked into the next room for privacy but then I heard him exclaim. "No way. I can't believe Duel has returned. This isn't going to be good. Yes, I'll be home soon".

He walked back in. "Sorry Angel but I've got to go, family emergency. I promise I'll be back tonight".

After a quick kiss he left in a hurry and I was left to wonder who this Duel person could be and why the urgency. Going to my window I watched As CJ sped from the curb into the busy traffic. Just as I was about to turn away one of those  men in black caught my eye. Peering at him to gather details he saw me and quickly darted from my sight. Yes, something is definitely up. I snapped my curtains  closed and double checked the locks on my door which reminded me that I needed to speak to my superintendent and ask why he'd allow someone into my place without my permission. I didn't mind that it had been CJ but still, could've been anyone.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

246K 8.9K 34
In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I didn't think I'd regret anything until I...
630 28 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
2.3M 82.7K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
1M 20.5K 42
When a young women named Cordelia, find's herself in the new club downtown, she encounters deep family secrets after she parties hard and bumps into...