Unforgettable Love

Por Percypeetaluver

Lyric Wright is a strong Christian teenager,. Strengthened by many trials in her life, God is her everything... Más

Unforgettable Love
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Epilogue

Chapter 2

409 20 1
Por Percypeetaluver

Chapter 2

Everyone was quiet at first then a multitude of noises were made. Lyric heard a plate dropping, spoons clattering to the wood floor, and lots of shocked words. Lyric looked at her Dad, His face was really pale but after a few seconds she saw him come back to life.

“Really?” he asked.

Ella nodded and smiled “Really.” she said crying tears of joy. Everyone got up to go give her a hug and a word of congratulations. Lyric made eye contact with her Dad and smiled. A new baby in the house. It was such an odd thought especially since the youngest was Sarah and she was thirteen. Lyric was very excited and thanked God for providing them with an amazing blessing such as a baby.

They spent the rest of the weekend celebrating by playing games, and eating lots of food. On Monday morning Drew and Ella went to the doctor to check on the baby.

 “The baby is healthy.” The doctor said with a smile

 Ella looked at Drew with an excited smile and Drew laughed.  His wife was like an eager child though he couldn’t blame her he was probably just as excited as she was. A baby was just what the family needed. He hoped that God would use this baby to bring the family together it be so good for everyone to be like a real family.

     Lyric walked next to her best friend, Jason, and laughed at his surprised face.

“Wait?” He said “You are telling me Ella is pregnant?”

“For the tenth time, YES!” Lyric yelled laughing.

“Man is that even possible?” He asked now laughing as well.

  “Oh Jason!” Lyric exclaimed.

      Jason had been her best friend since first grade they had been through everything together. When her mother had died he was right there, When he was made fun of for being such and awkward middle-schooler Lyric had been there patting him on the back encouraging him to ignore them.  Even though they were now juniors in High school nothing had changed they were still best friends and they still stood up for each other. The one thing that Lyric felt was different was the way she felt when she was around him. She couldn’t help notice how nice looking he was. His brown hair brushed over to the side, his green eyes sparkling in the sunlight, He was tall with broad shoulders and a big charming smile. It used to be just a normal exciting feeling when she was around him but now it was like there was a whole zoo in her stomach, her heat beat rapidly and her face flushed when he said her name. What was this feeling? Why is she feeling it now?

“Lyric? Were you even listening to me?” Jason asked laughing.

“Oh I am sorry! What did you say?”

“Well I was asking how Joshua was but never mind now! Hey I’ll race you to the library.”

It was a tradition for Lyric and Jason to go to the library on Mondays and study. It was also a tradition for Mr. Cooper, their English teacher to load them down with homework. Lyric didn’t mind though it was an excuse to get to stay later and hang out with Jason. The two ran to the library, which was only about two blocks away. When they got there they sat at their usual spot and studied for about an hour then Jason spotted something.

“Hey Lyric, Is that Kate?” He asked pointing to one of the tables in front of them.

Lyric looked to where he pointed and squinted. “That does look like Kate!” she thought looking at the girl in front of them. She had short brown hair and a grey t-shirt on. Lyric wished that she actually had paid attention to what Kate was wearing that day.

“Why don’t you go see her and ask what she’s up to?” Jason said

“No way!” Lyric answered “I don’t want to use my only time away from her to talk to her! Besides that may not be her.”

“But what if it is? Don’t you want to know why she is here? I mean is it really like Kate to come to the library?”

Lyric thought for a moment “Jason has got a point, if it is Kate why in the world would she be here at the library of all places?” “Fine” Lyric said standing up “I will go see if it is her.” Jason smiled at her and Lyric felt her heart jump “My Goodness! Why I am feeling like this?”She thought as she headed off to the table in front of them. She walked in front of the table first pretending to be looking at one of the books in her hands “Oh my gosh! That is Kate!” she said to herself. She looked over at Jason who was looking at her with questioning eyes she nodded at him. She decided to see why Kate was here and walked over to the table.

“Hey Kate! What in the world are you doing here?”

“Oh! Lyric...I …um didn’t see you here.” Kate looked up and slammed the book she was reading closed.

“Yeah Jason and I are here studying.” Lyric tried to get a glance of what Kate was reading but couldn’t make out the words on the book. “So why are you here?”

Kate squinted her eyes as if she were trying to decide whether to say or not. Then she finally spoke up “ I am studying up on how to take care of a baby.”

Lyric tried not to laugh out loud “Oh! I see.”  Lyric said with a hint of laughter in her voice. “I guess this baby thing is new to all of us, but you don’t have to worry about it I am sure Ella can teach us a few things.”

Kate looked up her eyes filling with tears “No, Lyric you don’t get it.” Suddenly she started crying.

“Kate what is it?” Lyric asked walking over to sit next to her.

“Oh Lyric! I’m Pregnant.” Kate then started sobbing, her shoulder shaking as she tried to breath.

Lyric felt her heart drop “Oh God please give me the words to say.”  She prayed. Lyric looked back to see if Jason had heard, if he had he was showing no sign of it.  Finally God answered her prayers. “Kate, I know this is hard and I am not going to sit here and baby you because you did make the wrong choice. But I do want you to know that I am here for you and there is someone else who is always there for you, Jesus.”

Kate calmed down some and responded “Oh Lyric!  You don’t even know! I have done so many bad things in my life there is no way Jesus can still be there for me.”

“You know that is the great thing about Christ he forgives you and cleanses you no matter what you have done. All you have to do is confess your sins and believe that Jesus is Lord. Do you want to pray with me now?” Lyric felt her heart jump. “This is the moment I have been praying for ever since I met Kate!”she thought

“Yes please.”  Lyric and Kate bowed heads and prayed together. In that moment Kate accepted Christ into her heart.

“Lyric, I am so sorry for everything I have ever done to you. I don’t know how you have been so loving toward me when I have been a monster to you.”

“Trust me I didn’t handle it the most Christ like way possible but it did help knowing that God loved me and forgave me when I sinned so I knew that I was supposed to forgive you.”

“Lyric what am I supposed to tell my mom and Drew now?”

“You tell them the truth.” Lyric moved and put her arm around Kate’s shoulders “I know that it will be hard for you but remember God is here for you. You know when I was around twelve my mom spoke some pretty encouraging words to me…” Lyric and Kate talked for awhile and even Jason soon joined in. The three prayed and talked for a long time and only stopped when the clock struck seven.

“Well I guess it is time for me to go talk to Mom and Drew.” Kate stood up and grabbed her bag.

“Do you want me to come?” Lyric asked also standing up.

“No thanks I think I need to do this on my own. Bye Jason! See you at home Lyric.” Kate walked out of the library. Lyric and Jason followed soon after.

“Man this is so exciting, Lyric! I mean this is what you and I have been praying about for the last two years. God truly does work in miraculous ways.”

“I know I don’t even know what to say this is just so amazing.” Lyric suddenly felt tears going down her cheeks and felt embarrassed for crying around Jason.

Jason didn’t care though “I feel the same way.” He simply said putting his arm around her shoulder. Lyric felt a surge of warmth pass through her body normally she would have pulled away but this was just like a brotherly hug and she didn’t even think twice about it. The two walked in silence for the rest of the way just thinking about the afternoon they just had. When they got to the house Jason said “Good-bye “and Lyric walked in. She had no idea what to expect so she tip toed through the house not wanting to disturb any moments.

“Finally home?” Joshua asked standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

“Has Kate arrived yet?” Lyric asked trying to hide her curiosity.

“Yes, and she had revealed everything including her salvation.” Joshua’s face broke into a wide grin “Man I didn’t know whether to be excited or mad! I think Dad was in the same boat.”

Lyric smiled “What about Ella?” she asked

“In there praying. Lyric I think we now have two new members of the family.”

Lyric ran into Joshua’s arms “Joshua this is wonderful!! But were they mad about the baby?”

“Well of course they were mad and I think Dad said he would go beat Kaden’s butt next time he sees him but I think that as long as Kate knows the consequences and takes responsibility for her actions they can accept it.” At that moment Drew, Ella and Kate walked into the room.

“Lyric.” Drew said smiling at his daughter “You never cease to amaze me.”

“It wasn’t me Dad it was God.” Lyric hugged her Dad and then moved on to Kate and Ella. “Welcome to the family!” She said hugging each. The family talked well into the night then each one by one turned into their beds.

Kate and Lyric walked up the stairs to their rooms together. “I feel just like a new person.” Kate said.

“Isn’t it an amazing feeling?” Lyric asked

“Yes!” The girls hugged each other and went into their beds. As she was drifting off to sleep Lyric prayed “Thank you God for this amazing miracle! I am so amazed at what you use to bring you glory.”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23.5K 2.1K 99
ALEX The name is enough to shiver down anyone. He is the defination of cruelty and known for his torture. The king of Mafia. He is cold, cruel, domin...
12.9K 786 15
كاتبة مبتدئة أول رواية لي واتمّنى ان تنّال إلى اعجابكم كُتِبت بقلم الكاتبة:جنى الفيصل✍🏻
93K 9.2K 85
In the face of the powerful, young and roguishly handsome landlord Choudhary Shah-Nawaz Qureshi, only Mehar-Bano was the one to oppose his patriarcha...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...