I like the popular boy [INCOM...

By bookpandalove

Reece, a bad boy, but can be a nerd. Loves going to parties, studying at the library and hanging out with his... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5:

9 0 0
By bookpandalove

Rose's P.O.V

"You are ready to be discharged. Oh and one more thing, do you remember how it happened?" The doctor asked. The nurses removed my bandages circling my head. I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding. I shrugged before thanked the doctor. "Ah. I see. You might forget some things, once in a while, and will get headaches. But I will give you pills so when you get headaches, it wouldn't feel so bad. No problem, it's an honour to help a beautiful young lady." He replied winking at me. At the door, Reece looked like he was ready to murder him. I giggled as the doctor coughed seeing that Reece was at the door. "Thanks doc. Come on Rose, let's go." Reece said coolly. The doctor cleared his throat and left the room. I smiled and ran to him. I hugged him and he lifted me up.

He put me down and slapped my butt, lightly. "Hey!"I told him and blushed. "What?" He said, playing innocent. Oh yeah? Is that all he could do? I turned around and place both of my palms on his chest. His breath hitches. God, I love the effect my touch have on him. I leaned closer to him and he leaned in too. Our lips were inches away before I shifted to kiss the corner of his lips instead. He groaned knowing I tricked him.

"You don't play fair." He said. "Sure."I said winking at him. Before turning around and running towards the lift. "Hey!" I heard him call behind me. I went into the lift but boy he was fast. Before I knew it, he got me pinned against the wall, with his lips inches away from mine. He leaned in and kissed me passionately. If only I had the courage to tell him how much I loved him. We pulled away and smiled before walking out hand in hand. He frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked. He wrapped his arm around my waist and said, "You're dad doesn't approve of our relationship." "You told my parents?!" I said leaving a little space between us. Surprise flickered in his eyes but then disappeared. He gave me a smirk. "Then, you wanted to keep it in? Until we graduate from high school?" He said.

"Of course not. But..I wanted to tell him myself. Where are they? Are they at home?" I replied, getting into his car. "Yes and he wants to talk about at your house." He finished. Getting to the driver's seat. I sighed before running my fingers through his hair. I pulled him closer and our noses touched. "Just know, that I would fight for our relationship cause I—" I trailed off. I nearly dropped the L-bomb. "You what?" He pressed on. "Never mind."I mumbled and looked away. "What is it? Just tell me."He said gently.

I released a sharp breath and said, "Nothing." He didn't seem convinced and said, "Why can't you tell me? You know you can trust me." "I do, I do but I-I can't say it." I replied. "Well, we're not leaving until I hear it. We gotta learn to talk to each other comfortably and I wanna know what your thinking, how you're doing...." He ranted. I just realised something. He was testing me. I knew it. He wanted me to say it out loud. I could tell.

But how? How did he know? Wait, I remembered I thought about saying how much I loved him a loud. Did I accidentally say it? I couldn't hold it any longer and said, "I would fight my dad for our relationship cause I love you so much! And I don't know what I can do without you because I love you and I would be broke if you left." There I said it. Twice. I kept my head down not wanting to look at his reaction yet. Without even realising it, he ended up opening my side of the door.

"Hey, Hey, Rose, look at me princess." He said, putting his hand under my chin, lifting my head up. I let him lift my head up but kept my gaze downwards. He rubbed my lower lip and I couldn't help but look up at him. I put my hands on his chest and exhaled. "Don't worry princess. Even if your dad says no, you should know I would fight for our relationship cause I love you too." He said searching my face. I put my hands on his cheeks and pulled his head closer. He placed his hands on my waist, which sent tingles to my thighs. "You do?" I asked, not really believing him. "Yes. I love you more than you think," He replied. Giving me a heart-warming grin. "You want me to show you?" He continued. I nodded. He kissed me deeply as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We pulled away, catching our breath before we drove off.

While driving, I quickly texted Rhea what happened to me and about Reece. We were supposed to discuss about the preparations with the other three girls. Sigh. I had a long explanation to give her....

Reece's P.O.V

"Rose, I'm so glad you're okay!" Her Mom, Cheryl said. They got into a family hug and I stood at the side, smiling. Cheryl led me to the living room as she and Rose's dad, Sam, sat on the couch. Sam gave me a hard glare. I pretend to not notice. "Okay, straight to the point, Rose, I've told you before, I don't like the idea of you getting into a relationship in high school. But if you really love him, I'll let go." Sam said. "Yes, I know dad. But-but I really love him and trust me dad, I'm big enough to be in a relationship."Rose replied, chewing on her bottom lip. It took everything for me to not turn to her and kiss her senseless.

Her dad stood up and said, "Very well then. You better make sure you don't break her heart or you'll be dealing with me." Directing the last part at me before marching off, with Cheryl right behind him. Boy he was mad that Rose was on my side. But what can I say, my girl is on my side. We looked at each other before I asked, "Can I see your room?" Her eyes widened before she smiled. "Why May I ask?" She replied batting her eyelashes innocently. I groaned and shrugged. She laughed and took my hand. "Let's go then." She said, dragging me to the hallway. In her room, I jumped for her bed.

I breathed in deeply and the smell of roses filled my nose. She really liked roses. Her pillowcase were rose-patterned, but her bedsheet had a big picture of a red coloured-rose in the middle. Her walls were painted white, blue and pink. She sat on a chair and turned to look at me. I studied her face for a moment for any looks of discomfort but there was none. She walked over to me and sat on the edge of the bed. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her down.

She let out a squeal and I laughed, enjoying her reaction. I put her down beside me as we locked eyes. She immediately reached out to touch my face with her hands. She seemed to like doing that to me. I closed my eyes and relaxed under her touch. She smiled as she traced my jaw, cheeks before resting then on my chest. She leaned in closer and kissed me. I kissed her back deeply.

We pulled away and I said, "Wanna grab dinner?" "Sure." She said. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, stood up and flexed my arms. She giggled behind me. "You like the view?" I asked, before turning around. She blushed and looked away. But I couldn't miss the smile in her face. "Come on Rose, let's go." I said, taking her hand in mine. I pulled her up. "Burgers?" She asked. "Okay. It's on me."I said. Before she could protest, I kissed her.

"It's on me princess."I said firmly. She sighed and opened the door. But before we left, I smelled her bedsheets again. Sorry. It smelled good. Like her. "Reece!" Her angelic voice called. I breathed in deeply and went out. I waved goodbye at Cheryl and Sam. Sam growled at me but Cheryl told him to relax. I smirked and joined Rose in my car. "What happened?" She said, frowning. "Nothing." I replied, caressing her cheeks with my thumbs. Her frown disappeared and she smiled.

We intertwined our hands as we drove to "Shake, Shack burgers" Her favourite fast food restaurant. We went in. It was a little crowded, but we managed to find a seat. Suddenly, Rose held her head in her hands and she groaned. "Argh!" She said. "Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, concerned. "Head. Hurts. Need. Pills." She replied, slumping onto the seat. Holy damn! I forgot to bring them! How stupid! "I'm sorry babe. I forgot to bring them." I said, feeling guilty. She groaned again and said, "Its okay." She replied shakily.

I sat next to her and held her close to my chest. I ran my fingers through her long hair. "It's gonna be okay princess. It'll be okay." I assured her, massaging her temples slowly. She relaxed under my touch and closed her eyes. I waved my hand for a waiter. A middle-aged man walked over to us. "May I have your order?" He asked politely. "Umm...just water for now please. Make it warm please." I said. He nodded understandingly and walked away. Others gave us weird glances but I waved them off.

A minute later, the waiter came back with the water and some aspirin. "Thank you so much!" I said, relieved. He nodded before helping others. "Rose, princess. Drink this." She opened her eyes and ate the aspirin before drinking half of the water in one gulp. After few minutes of resting, she sighed before saying, "Thanks Reece. I'm better now. I think I can eat." "No problem babe, I'll do anything to make you feel better." I replied. "Aww....thanks." She said. I waved at the waiter. Rose rested her head on the table as I said our order, "Two classic beef burgers, with two fries and two cokes." He took down our order and left.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked. "Yeah...just a little embarrassed." Rose replied. "Why?" I replied questioningly racking my brain for any reason why she would be embarrassed. She blushed a little before saying, "I mean, I'm embarrassed you had to help me with the pills and water." I chuckled and rubbed her back with my palms. "I told you already Rose. I'll do anything for you to get better." I said. She blushed again. I loved making her blush. She buried her face on my chest. I chuckled again. At that moment, the waiter came back with our food. He put the bill next to our food. Wow. Fast service.

We dug in hungrily. After 10 minutes, we finished. But the food was really good! The meat was cooked to perfection. I wondered why I've never heard from this place before. I should bring the guys here sometime. She let out a satisfied sigh and patted her stomach. She took the bill. When she looked at the bill, she blushed furiously. Huh? Did that waiter write her a note or something? I was getting annoyed. I ripped the bill out of her hands and looked at the receipt. Our total was $15 but it was cut down to $12. Below, there was a note. "Discount for being such a cute couple! I'm a huge fan of romance." It was weird coming from a guy but hey, there's a first for everyone. I laughed as Rose buried he face on the crook of my neck.

"I see." I said. She looked up and blushed again. I kissed her cheek put a $20 bill on the bill. I took a pen from my bag and wrote, "Take the change bud. Thanks for the comment. :)" Rose saw it and slapped my chest. "What?" I asked. "Nothing." She mumbled. The waiter picked up our bill. When he saw the note, tears prickled at his eyes. He wiped them away before thanking me. Rose gave him a thumbs up. He smiled gratefully and walked away. "Full?" I asked. "Yes. I need sleep." She mumbled. "Yes mam." I replied. I stood up and took her hand. We walked towards my car.

When we arrived at her house, she kissed me. "If you need anything, call me." I told her before she walked off. I drove home thinking about her. "Reece. Malen." My dad said firmly. "Yes dad?" I replied, walking towards the Mansion's living room. The light shone brightly, too much for my liking, so I walked towards the light switch and turned the knob that controls the brightness of the room. "Where have you been Son?" Dad continued. My dad, George Malen, a full-time businessman sells every high-tech stuff. From Powered Jets, Computers, Laptops, Phones, Ski Jets, Electric Surf boards etc. We are pretty rich, no kidding, he's recently got 10 clients and is very tired.

He came back from a meeting and is pretty tired. "Where have you been? We were supposed to have dinner with Grandma. I call you but you didn't pick up. That girl, what's her name again? Oh yeah, Rose. Is she your girlfriend? And if hanging out with her avoids you from joining family dinners, I'm keeping you away from her Reece." Dad continued in a strict voice. I was shocked for a second. How did he know?!, I thought. Chuckling at my silence, he said, "Did you forget? We installed your car with a high-quality camera which footage is clear even at night. But, yeah I see how you're attracted to her, she's a beauty." Holy shit. I totally forgot about the camera.

"Dad!" I said, sitting down on our comfy couch. "C'mon Son. I need an explanation." Dad said taking a swig of his water. "W-we'll, She had and injury Dad, she injured her head.........and then here I am." I explained. He nodded understandingly and asked, "Do you love her Reece?" I hesitated for a seconds before saying, "Yes Dad. I love her with all my heart." Dad smiled in approval. "You should invite her for dinner on Saturday Reece." My mom's voice said, out of nowhere. She walked down the stairs and sat with my dad. "You were listening?" I asked, shocked. She sighed, pointing to the intercom. "Oh." I said.

She laughed and walked over to me. "I saw the footage too. She's seems like a really sweet girl. She really has a charm on you." My mom teased. Dad wriggled his eyebrows at me. "I'm glad you got a girlfriend that wasn't one of those sluts." Dad said. "Honey, watch your language." Mom said, frowning. "Sorry hon. But those girls smell like bad news." Dad replied, standing up, bringing his empty glass to the kitchen. I nodded in agreement. Suddenly, realisation dawned on me. It was those girls who made Rose injure her head. I don't know how, but I'm sure.

It couldn't be Leah, Ivy or Lily, they weren't at the mall. It must be Jenna and Vanessa. I remembered how Vanessa scowled at Rose when I held her hand. They must've heard that Rose was going to the toilet. Anger courses through my veins as I dialed Vanessa's number. She's a bitch!  "Hello Reece!" Her shrill voice interrupted my thoughts. "Vanessa, don't play with me, you're the one who injured her." I said angrily. "Who are you talking about?" She replied innocently. I totally knew she was lying. "Rose. My. Girlfriend. You have nothing to hide Vanessa. I'm sure Rose remembers." I lied. "I would never do such things Reece, you know that. I would never hurt any one you love." She replied icily, dragging on the word love.

I gritted my teeth, knowing there's no use, in arguing with Vanessa. She's so hard-headed. Then I realised. She was jealous of Rose. Jealous that my attention was on Rose. Vanessa likes me. I know that. But she putting her jealousy on someone else. Rose. That was not cool. Not on Rose. I hung up. Suddenly, I got the urge to go to Rose and protect her from anything that comes in her way. "I'm staying with her." I said aloud. "What did you say Son?" Dad asked. " I'm going to her house. Rose's house." "Son, it's late. She would be sleeping already." Mom said, walking up the stairs. "I'm going." I said firmly, walking out the front door, going to a whole new world.

Rose's P.O.V

I missed his voice, presence, touch, jokes, everything about him. I just want to be cocooned in his embrace my tiny frame fitting against his large frame. I sat up checking the time on my phone. 10.30pm. How I wish he was here. I thought. As I was about to drift off, a sound was heard. "Plack!" What was that sound, I thought. Rubbing my eyes, I headed to the windows and opened it slightly. A cold gust of wind entered the room, I shivered but opened it further to see where the sound was coming from.

I looked down, and squinted. There he was, even in the dim moonlight, he looked handsome, in a black jacket and pants. My eyes widened in surprise. I told him to go to the front door. He smiled and ran off. I walked slowly and quietly, making sure I was not too noisy to wake my parents up. I walked down the stairs and opened the door. I smiled and we stared at each other for a few seconds before he crashed his lips on mine. He kissed me deeply before lifting me up bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me up the stairs into my bedroom.

"What brings you here?" I asked curiously. "I came here to see you and tell you who I think injured you." He replied, placing me on my bed. We laid comfortably, running my fingers through his thick brown hair as he explained...

—————————————————————

Hey Guys, Rose is fully healed buuuuut will Vanessa tell the truth or will she keep denying it?

Like and comment!

Thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 10.5K 34
True love never dies, it all induces when Kathy has a little crush on her neighbour Ryan who is goofy, and a very enchanting boy, but it turns out. T...
158 21 7
Young Harper has a pretty normal life in Jacksonville, Florida. She enjoys reading, staying inside, and been playing piano since her younger years. S...
12K 391 21
*Previously called 'Player Falling For A Nerd.' (: * Having a twin sister is something amazing. But that's the total opposite for Skylar. In fact, Sk...
1.7M 59.5K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...