The Nanny

By naia22

"You are fired," he said, as my heart broke into tiny pieces. "No please sir, don't separate me from Imad. I... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
ON HOLD
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter FortyEight
Epilogue
"The Nanny : Part 2"
PART 2 : Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Forty Four

32.7K 2.5K 74
By naia22

"Imad eat your food before it gets cold," I said, as I looked at him.

"I am not hungry any more," He spoke in a low tone, pouting as he his eyes slowly gazed downwards to his hands.

"Buddy you barely touched your food," Ahmed said, and placed his fork and knife on the plate. Ahmed and I shared a brief stare showing each other's concern.

"Imad what's bothering you? Do you not want to travel with your aunt and cousin?" I spoke, heedful to his mood. He looks up to me, and shakes his head indicating a 'no'.

"I am scared. What if Aunt Sarah doesn't talk to me and I get bored." I smiled at him, and held up his chin.

"Of course Aunt Sarah will talk to you," Ahmed said.

"Aunt Sarah loves you so very much, I am sure if she's not tired she'll talk to you. If Aunt Sarah won't talk to you, I am sure Rayna won't mind playing with you," His gaze still fixed on his hands. "But if you don't want to travel with them, you don't have too." He looks up to me and a wide smile plasters on his face.

"But Layla I promised Rayna to sit next to her in the airplane," He said.

"Well we can explain to her..."

"Imad!" My attention averted to Rayna's excited scream. Imad got up and walked towards her. She hugged him, and held his hand. Sarah walked in the restaurant wearing a pair of shades, wearing black from head to toe. I stood up from my seat to greet her.

"I am sorry I won't be able to join you. I am here for my nephew. So the couple can enjoy the rest of thier honeymoon," She spoke. I smiled at her. Imad walks towards the table still holding hands with Rayna.

"Imad do you still want to travel with Aunt Sarah?" I asked him.

"Habibi don't tell me you want to cancel our fun trip last minute," Sarah spoke before he could. "Now who's going to show me around California?"

"Okay I'll travel with aunt Sarah," He replied. "I'll show you everything," He said, his tone laced with excitement. I glanced at Ahmed who sat in silence on his phone, distracted.

"How many days?" I asked him.

"Only five days," He replied with a grin.

"Five days and I'll be back home with you. Please take care, don't trouble your aunt," I told him, and kissed him on the forehead.

"Imad is a good boy I am sure he won't," Sarah said. I pulled him in for a hug.

"I am going to miss you so much. If you want to talk to me just tell your aunt, and then she'll phone me. Okay?"

"Okay," He nodded.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," He replied. I released him from the hug and kissed him again on the forehead. I started reminding him about duas. Sarah interrupted by announcing they would be miss their flight.

"Come here sweetie," I said while looking at Rayna, my arms wide open for me to hug her. After our goodbyes, and Imad hugging his uncle, they left the restaurant. Ahmed was still on his phone texting someone.

"Excuse me," Ahmed said as he got up. "I am going to the men's room." Before he left, he kissed on the cheek. I continued to eat my food, even though I had no appetite. I miss Imad already. I hope that he'll be okay.

My phone started ringing, it's a private number. Who could it be? I thought to myself and answered the call.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi. It's Adil," He spoke in a gruff tone.

"Oh, um how are you?" I shifted my sitting my position, already feeling uncomfortable by the conversation.

"I have had better days. I have missed you, I just wanted to hear your voice. You've always been able to make me feel lighter," He said in a husky tone.

"So how's your fiancé?" I asked, changing the topic. My palms already sweaty from the nervousness.

"She's well."  There was silence, and it was no good for me. It made me feel more agitated and somehow nauseous. I couldn't understand why... "How's your husband?"

"Yeah Ahmed is good alhamdulilah..."

"Why shouldn't he be? Two hearts beat for him."

"What?" I jumped to my response.

"Aisha is in love with your husband," he said in a flat tone.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"You deserve to know."

"My love," I felt Ahmed's hand on my shoulder. I quickly hang up the call and nervously smiled. "Sorry I took so long. I got an a important call," He said and sat on his seat.

"That's okay," I said and cleared my throat. Aisha being in love with Ahmed didn't seem to bother me, I didn't feel completely jealous neither did I feel like it was a big deal. Did Ahmed know Aisha is in love with her? If he does know, why hasn't he mentioned it to me.

"Layla, Layla..." Ahmed placed his hand on mine. I looked at him. "What's wrong? You've been quiet since Imad left."

"I just miss him," I said and smiled.

"Five more days, then we will all be together," Ahmed said trying to make me feel better.

"In sha allah," I said. From the beginning this marriage started as a lie, I just don't want that to continue. I don't want lies to exist in this relationship we have.

"Have you talked to Adil recently?" I almost chocked on the food I had swallowed, I started coughing. I reached for the glass of water and took a sip. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine. Actually I did talk to him," I spoke.

"Is he okay? I am worried about him Layla. His mom called me recently and said he hadn't visited her for the past week and he always does."

"Over the phone he seemed okay," I told him.

"What did he tell you?"

"He says he misses me," I told him. I looked at him and stopped eating.

"I don't think you should be picking up his phone calls," His mood suddenly changed.

"It was a private number, I didn't know it was him."

"Why are you picking up private numbers in the first place?" He asked, sounding frustrated.

"I am sorry. My curiosity got the best of me," I said and got up from my seat.

"I don't think you should be talking to him. Aisha tells me he still likes you and it's hard for him to move on..." His tone changed, to a more gentle and low tone.

"I understand," I responded. "Did you know that Aisha still has feelings for you?" He looked at the table and then answered:

"Yes."

"I'll wait by the entrance," I told him, and walked away.

...

"I am sorry," Ahmed apologized as he approached me.

"Don't be," I said, trying to not look at him. He kneeled down next to me.

"My wife, my beautiful lovely kind wife. I love you, I love no one but you."

"What happened to no secrets between us?"

"There is nothing I am hiding from you. Somethings I don't find important that's why I don't tell you, my love please trust me. I don't have a bone in body that intends to hurt you," He spoke in a genuine manner.

"Okay..."

"Aisha is pregnant," he said and my eyes widen and I gasp.

"Who's the father? Is it Adil?" I asked. He nodded. "But Adil wouldn't do that..."

"That's what I thought as well," He said. I look at Ahmed and notice how puzzled he looks.

"I love you," I tell my truth. He smiles.

"I know." He smirks.

"Hmmm." I take one of the throw pillows on the sofa and start hitting him. He quickly gets up and got a hold of the pillow. Ahmed grabbed the pillow and threw it one the floor, and then he started tickling me. I started laughing hysterically.

"Stop! Stop!" I tried to yell through my laughter.

"Say you love me very much,"

"I haha love you very much, haha."

"And that you want to have ten children," He said.

"Haha," I laughed even louder. "In your dreams, haha."

"Stop... please," I tried saying while gasping for air

"Okay fine." He let go of me. Ahmed stood up and sat next to me on the Sofa and laid his head on my shoulder. I held his hand.

"Ten children?"

"What? We would have our own soccer team," He said.

"Two is enough for me," I told him.

"You might change your mind," He said.

"Hmm we'll see. So what are we going tomorrow?" I asked him.

"I am teaching you how to swim. In sha allah," He answered.

"But..." I breathed in heavily. "Fine."

"And then we can make lunch together," Ahmed suggested.

"You mean eat most of the food before it's served."

"Hah nooo," He said and looked at me.

"Yah yah."

"I am worried about Adil," Ahmed said in a low tone.

"To be honest so am I," I admitted. "He didn't sound like his usual self when he called me."

"I'll go check up on him later tomorrow."

"I can come with you," I said.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He got up.

"Yah... It's probably not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 26.9K 63
Genre: Romance, Suspence, and Spritiual ranking#1 IN MODEL She is his boss and He is her PS. She is a model and He is Worker. She is B...
827K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
433K 29.6K 34
NOOR SHEIKH "He always loved her and he still love her, I was never his priority" MUHAMMAD DAIYAN MALIK "You are nothing but a replacement of my firs...
636K 27.4K 33
"Just go away, you know that I don't like your touch. Then why are you here? You think you're his mumma? No, he will for sure forgot you when he will...