Evil-Natured Husband, Don't T...

holibelle által

"Is this man not going to divorce me? Why does he still ask me to warm the bed every night?" A certain man sa... Több

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31 - 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
51 - 55
56 - 60
61 - 65
66 - 70
71 - 75
76 - 80
81 - 85
86 - 90
91 - 95
96 - 100
101 - 105
106 - 110
111 - 115
116 - 120
121 - 125
126 - 130
131 - 135
136 - 140
141 - 145
146 - 150
151 - 155
156 - 160
161 - 165
166 - 170
171 - 175
176 - 180
181 - 185
186 - 190
191 -195
196 - 200
201 - 205
206 - 210
211 - 215
216 - 220
221 - 225
226 - 230
231 - 235
236 - 240
241 - 245
246 - 250
251 - 255
256 - 260
261 - 265
266 - 270
271 - 275
276 - 280
281 - 285
286 - 290
296 - 300
301 - 305
306 - 310
311 - 315
316 - 320
321 - 325
326 - 330
331 - 335

291 - 295

17.7K 301 83
holibelle által

Chapter 291: She Won, Won His Heart

Back at the villa, Gu Yanhao went straight to his room.

"Young Master Gu, are you not eating dinner?" Hearing noises outside, Sister Song hurried out from her room.

"What time is it now? Still eating?" Gu Yanhao snapped, smelling of gunpowder[1].

Sister Song was stunned. Aiyah, weren't you the one that said no matter how late it is, you'll eat dinner at home? Telling her to prepare all meals accordingly...

Sister Song pursed her lips. These two days when Mrs. Gu was not around, this Young Master Gu's temper was exceptionally bad, coming home with a face black as a pan's bottom.

Inside his bedroom, Gu Yanhao threw himself onto the big bed, pulling at his tie in an irritated manner. His other hand held his mobile, familiarly punching Song Wuyou's number. The ringing tone sounded immediately.

However, Song Wuyou was in the shower, leaving the mobile ringing for a long time on the bed until it automatically disconnected.

Gu Yanhao's gloomy eyes darkened further. What was that woman doing? Actually not picking up his call? Gu Yanhao felt a strong impulse to swear, flinging his mobile on the bed. That woman, doesn't she know how much he's missed her these two days? He missed her very much. Without her by his side, he couldn't sleep well. Then again, he was asking for it. Obviously he misses her, yet he refuses to be the first one to call her. Hence, he has been waiting, wondering why she wasn't calling. Finally, two days passed and he could no longer stand it, but who knew that when he called, she was not picking up!

Truly maddening to the point his neck veins were bulging up! He refused to believe she would be able to ignore all his call. What could she be so busy doing on the ranch?

Unresigned, he made another call.

And just like the call earlier, no one picked up.

"SONG WUYOU!" Gu Yanhao gritted his teeth, cursing. "You damn woman! Fine, you win!"

Yes, she won. Won his heart, was she satisfied now?

Song Wuyou who had just walked out of the bathroom sneezed. The flickering screen on the bed caught her attention. She walked over to the bed while drying her hair with one hand, and picking up the mobile with the other.

"Hello, I just came out of the shower," she said.

Lying on the bed, Gu Yanhao's mood was at its worst, but when he heard the other end say she had just come out of the shower, his mood inexplicably lightened.

His nice voice sounded, "When are you coming back? I miss you so much that I'm about to go crazy."

Song Wuyou's heart tightened, answering: "Tomorrow. I'm returning tomorrow."

Gu Yanhao went from lying on the bed to sitting up straight in less than a second. Joy spread to every fiber in his chest: "I'll come pick you up."

"No need. You're busy, there's Ah De."

"Okay, come back first thing in the morning."

"En."

"I really miss you."

Song Wuyou's heart raced like there was a deer bumping against her heart. A soft red blush colored her cheeks, "Since when have you become such a sweet talker?"

Gu Yanhao answered very seriously, "I don't know. Anyway, I miss you. Do you miss me?"

Song Wuyou blinked her eyes a couple of times. Did she miss him? She doesn't know how she should answer this question. Her mood has been extremely heavy for the past two days. The subject that weighed on her mind the most wasn't Gu Yanhao, nor was it herself. It was Dongfang Xuan.

Therefore, she didn't think that it could be considered as missing him.

Failing to get an answer from her side after a long pause, Gu Yanhao's chest felt stuffy and uncomfortable. He already knew that she didn't miss him like he missed her.

"Rest early." His voice was low and heavy.

"En, I'll see you." She disconnected the line, her hair was still wet.

Gu Yanhao sneered mockingly at himself; she hung up just like that? He brought the mobile right to his face, staring at the bright screen showing the disconnected call.

Song Wuyou, what should I do so that you'll treat me with the same passion you used to?

________________________________
Note:
[1] Smelling of gunpowder - in a bad mood; lashing out in anger.

Chapter 292: Dream

Barely drying her hair, Song Wuyou fell asleep on the bed. With all the messy thoughts occupying her mind the last two days, everything was in chaos. Even her sleep was not peaceful, dreaming of nonsensical things.

Tonight, she dreamed again.

Once again, she was back in her and Dongfang Xuan's hometown.

Her tomb was looked after with great care, cleaned and tidy, not a speck of dust. Colored papers, offerings, fresh flowers, everything was changed daily.

She stood in front of her own grave for a very long time. Who was it that cleaned her tomb every day?

She saw some villagers passing by, so she approached them to ask but not one villager was able to see her, no matter how loud or anxious she was. Not one living person could see or hear her.

She could only wait, from when the sun was still in the sky until it set on the horizon. From moonrise until night gave way to daylight once more.

Finally, at the Mao hour (6 in the morning), through a veil of misty morning fog, she saw on the path leading out from the nearby village a gray silhouette appear. As the silhouette grew closer, she felt a sense of familiarity.

The fog was too thick, preventing her from seeing the person's face clearly, but, from the silhouette, it seemed to be Dongfang Xuan!

Song Wuyou was shocked by her own guess. How could it be him?

Closer!

Her view was clear at this range; it was really him! Wasn't he the Emperor? Why was he wearing coarse commoner's clothes, appearing at this place?

He was much thinner but more mature, and tougher.

"Dongfang Xuan!" Song Wuyou walked up, grabbing his shoulder but no matter how she tried to touch Dongfang Xuan's shoulder, her hand just slipped right past, grabbing at empty air.

Song Wuyou became more anxious.

She spun around, standing in front of him, waving both her hands before his eyes. However, his deep sad eyes saw right through her, his gaze falling on the tomb behind her. His expression spoke of sorrow and melancholy.

Dongfang Xuan's expression made Song Wuyou feel a tinge of pain as she stood there dazedly looking at him.

There were tears in his eyes? Why? Why would he come to clean her tomb everyday? Why would he be standing in front of her tomb, crying?

Suddenly loud screams rang in the air, coming from all around.

Song Wuyou was alarmed by the sudden screams. Her head jerked up, surveying her surroundings to see that soldiers swinging long swords were rushing out from all directions.

These soldiers all showed savage and ferocious expressions, emitting a strong killing intent.

Song Wuyou's face turned ashen. Not good!

She turned to Dongfang Xuan, noticing that he was still staring at her tomb, his eyes never leaving her tombstone.

"Dongfang Xuan, quickly run ah! They're here to kill you!" Her eyes were red with the force of screaming at Dongfang Xuan!

She watched as those savage soldiers were about to reach Dongfang Xuan, one of them even leaping into the air, slashing the big sword in his hand at Dongfang Xuan's back.

Song Wuyou was wide-eyed petrified, able to do nothing but watch that big sword swing down. She wanted to scream out loud, but her voice wouldn't come.

"Miss? Miss! Miss, wake up, it's already 8 in the morning."

Song Wuyou's eyes snapped open, staring at Xu Jing with a frightened look in her eyes.

Xu Jing was startled by the fear in Song Wuyou's eyes, she called out hesitantly, "Miss?"

"Xu Jing?" Song Wuyou stared at Xu Jing: "What did you do?" Why did you wake me up? She won't know if that big sword actually struck Dongfang Xuan or not? Did Dongfang Xuan die?

This Xu Jing, why does she have to wake her up at this moment?

Xu Jing was baffled by Song Wuyou's annoyed stare. She looked at Song Wuyou innocently, "Didn't you say we'll be going back to M City at 7:30 am? It's already 8 now."

Chapter 293: Were You Dreaming That You And Young Master Gu Were Wink Wink You Know...

Song Wuyou pulled at her hair irritatedly, "We're already late, couldn't you have waited a few more minutes before waking me up? You interrupted my dream! Arrggh!"

After she finished screaming, Song Wuyou kicked off the blanket, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

Xu Jing felt wronged. Who knows that you're dreaming, Miss.

"Go wait for me outside, I'll be down after washing up," Song Wuyou was half-snapping at Xu Jing.

Xu Jing quickly nodded.

After Xu Jing left the room, Song Wuyou did not immediately get up to wash up, but sat dazedly on the bed.

Was there a usurpation after she died? Those people wouldn't let him go even after he was reduced to a commoner? Recalling the sorrow in his eyes looking at her tomb, pain spread in her heart.

During the journey back, Song Wuyou was silent sitting on the back seat, looking dazed and lost, gazing out the window. Until now, she had yet to retract herself from the dream.

That dream must be fake!

It wasn't easy for Dongfang Xuan to conquer all those lands, so how could he have allowed others to encroach his territory? His pride and arrogance, and those loyal soldiers that fought with him, who'd rebel? Although she spent the last of her years within the walls of the Cold Palace, she still knew that ever since Dongfang Xuan became the Emperor, the country was peaceful and the people lived well. Corrupt officials, thieves and bandits were rare.

The people sang his praises, his wisdom, and his love for the people. Except for her.

That's right, he only didn't care for her. He elected someone else as his Empress and bestowed her with three feet white silk, so how could someone like that be taking care of her tomb? Would he give up his throne for a dead woman like her, returning to their remote hometown? And why didn't he retaliate when facing those rebelling soldiers? That wasn't like him at all.

False. The dream wasn't true at all.

Every time she thought of him, her chest would feel heavy.

"Miss, would you like some water?" Xu Jing, who was sitting beside her in the car, passed her a bottle of mineral water.

Song Wuyou turned over, looking at Xu Jing. That look, it was obvious she still blames Xu Jing for interrupting her dream this morning. She really wanted to know the continuation of the dream. She wanted to see if that Dongfang Xuan would suddenly break out from his superhuman powers, killing off all those rebelling soldiers.

Xu Jing's heart shuddered at Song Wuyou's sharp gaze, asking cautiously, "Miss, are you still blaming me?"

Song Wuyou had an 'If something happened to him, I'll definitely not spare you' expression on her face as she stared at Xu Jing.

Xu Jing truly felt she was wronged, "Miss, how would I know that you were dreaming ah?" On the other hand, she was really curious about what kind of dream Miss had. As if not afraid of death, Xu Jing asked, "Miss, did you dream you and Young Master Gu... wink wink you know..."

Song Wuyou raised an eyebrow, "What is wink wink you know?"

Xu Jing's face blushed red, "Rolling between the sheets ah."

"Roll your head." Song Wuyou took the bottle of water from her, "I just dreamed of my enemy."

Xu Jing was confused, "Who ah?"

Song Wuyou rolled her eyes at Xu Jing, "Why should I tell you? Whatever good that dream was, it was broken by you."

Was that considered a good dream? Xu Jing secretly pursed her lips, "Fine, I won't ever give you a wake up call in the future." Xu Jing even had a pitiful expression on her face.

Sigh, for a mere dream, she was bothered until now. Was it worth it?

Carrying the final draft contract, Secretary Zhang walked into the President's office to meet with Gu Yanhao for his review.

After placing the contract on the table, Secretary Zhang was about to leave when Gu Yanhao suddenly looked up from a pile of documents asking, "Zhang Qian, do you have a boyfriend?"

Chapter 294: One Must Use Various Ways To Coax A Woman

Being asked this kind of question by the company President, Secretary Zhang was unable to react for a moment. A few seconds later, she nodded and answered: "Yes."

"How are things between you two?" Gu Yanhao asked as he fiddled with the pen in his hand.

Secretary Zhang answered, "Very good. We plan to marry at the end of the year."

"Do you argue occasionally?"

"Sometimes." President, why are you asking these questions?

"When he upsets you, what would he do to coax you?"

This question made Secretary Zhang blush, "He's a little aggressive . "

Hearing this, Gu Yanhao's expression darkened, "He's violent towards you?"

Secretary Zhang's face turned even redder, "No." She braced herself, asking, "President, why are asking these questions? Did you argue with Mrs President?"

Gu Yanhao's face became sullen. "En, lately she's been very lukewarm towards me. "

Secretary Zhang made a couple of dry coughs to clear her throat before saying, "When I'm angry, my boyfriend would send me flowers, bring me out to dinner and watch a movie. Using all kinds of methods to coax me. President, if all these fails you can try making various moves on Mrs President..."

Confusion flickered in Gu Yanhao's usually intelligent eyes, "What do you mean by 'various moves'?"

The corner of Secretary Zhang's lips twitched. President, don't tell me you don't even know what "various moves" means?

"Bed move, wall move, sofa move, kitchen move, car move..."

Gu Yanhao'e eyebrow raised upon hearing these words, musing about their meaning.

Seeing the pensive expression on his face, Secretary Zhang looked deeply at him, "President, do you understand now?"

"Use force?"

At his words, Secretary Zhang nearly spat a mouthful of blood. Forcing out a smile, she corrected: "Between husband and wife, there's no such thing as forcing. "

Gu Yanhao looked solemn, "I understand."

"Then I shall return to my work."

Secretary Zhang had just taken two steps before she was halted by Gu Yanhao's call. She turned around, looking puzzled: President, is there anything else you want to ask?

Gu Yanhao's eyes narrowed, looking at her for a good couple of seconds before asking, "What do you need?"

"Ah?" A cloud of questions marks appeared in Secretary Zhang's mind.

"Between a house and a car, choose one. This is the boss' wedding gift to the employee," Gu Yanhao said coolly.

Secretary Zhang's eyes widened, looking at Gu Yanhao with disbelief, "President, are you for real?"

His face darkened slightly, seemingly unhappy being doubted, "Would I joke with you?"

She shook her head, "No, no, no!" Then, she smiled shyly, "Can I choose a house? We're currently troubled by this..."

"En." Gu Yanhao grunted a reply.

Secretary Zhang was a diligent person, moreover, she's also his Chief Secretary. She has been with him ever since the Gu Group was established. As her employer, gifting her with a house when she's getting married was a given.

"En." Gu Yanhao grunted a reply.

Getting a positive reply, Secretary Zhang skipped happily back to her work, vowing to herself that she'd work even harder to repay the President's care towards her.

After finishing with his work, Gu Yanhao left early. When he drove past a flower shop on his way back, he stopped to get a bouquet of ninety-nine red roses.

When he reached the villa, Sister Song was attending to four middle-aged men. Noticing Gu Yanhao had returned, all four men rose from the sofa.

"Sit, be at ease," Gu Yanhao said as he carried in the large bouquet of red roses.

Four adult men felt the corners of their eyes twitch as they looked at Gu Yanhao carrying in a rose 'tree'. Wasn't this Young Master Gu being to loving to his wife?

"Young Master Gu, I have thought it over. I'll transfer the deed of the house and land according to the price you offered," one of the four men spoke. As soon as he spoke, the other three men also nodded their heads in agreement.

Gu Yanhao smiled faintly, "Good, I'll add another five hundred thousand on top of the agreed price.

Chapter 295: Nervous Like A Youth In Love

When the four men heard Gu Yanhao's words, their faces revealed an expression of pleasant surprise.

"I already had the contracts prepared; we can proceed with the sale and purchase agreement immediately."

Gu Yanhao was in a good mood, "Bring the contracts to Gu Group office later in the afternoon, my lawyers will attend to you. After the signing is completed, the payment will be transferred into your accounts immediately."

"Good!"

"Excellent!"

Gu Yanhao waved his hand at them, "Since everyone is on the same page, then go back. Quick as you can, pack your things and move to the South Garden Villa."

The four men were slightly dazed when they heard that. One of them asked, "Why move to the South Garden Villa?"

"I went ahead and bought several houses for each of you so that when you move out, at least you will have a place to settle down."

The four men looked at each other in silence.

Gu Yanhao then added, "Just show your identity card to the sales department. They will handle the deeds and certification for you all. No need to pay."

"Young Master Gu is too kind!"

"Young Master Gu really works fast! No wonder so many companies wreck their brains thinking of ways to cooperate with the Gu Group."

"To be able to cooperate with Young Master Gu is our blessed fortune ah."

"That it is, that it is."

The four men heaped endless flatteries on Gu Yanhao."

"Enough, enough. Return to your homes quickly, my wife is about to arrive. I haven't seen my wife for three days already." Gu Yanhao waved them out as he carried the large bouquet of red roses upstairs.

Hearing this, all four men smiled ambiguously, "Yes, we'll leave now."

"Old people used to say, only men who listen to their wives will get rich."

"Men with money treat their wives like the center of their universe. From the looks of things, we should learn from Young Master Gu, go home and love our wives better."

"Don't say 'no money' any more. After going back, one must treat that tiger-wife better[1]."

"How about we go and buy a vase of roses?" The four men left Gu Yanhao's villa while talking amongst themselves. Each of these four men was Go Yanhao's neighbors. These villa owners bought land and built their homes from the ground up, therefore, these people have the right to sell to their houses and land without seeking approval from anyone else.

Gu Yanhao offered a very lucrative price to buy these four men's villas and land. He even specifically readied high-end houses for them.

Such a good thing, they literally step on dog shit luck ah.

When Gu Yanhao stepped into the bedroom, he placed the bouquet of roses on the bed then walked out to the balcony, looking out to the villa's main entrance.

Ah De said they would be arriving soon.

Why was he like this?

Merely three days of not seeing her and now thinking that she was about to appear through the doors at any time, why does the thought make his heart beat so fast?

Gu Yanhao leaned against the balcony rails, his posture devilishly lazy.

He took out a cigar, nipped the end off and lit it, slowly drawing the smoke in.

Curling smoke wafted out from his thin lips, rising to the air, veiling a portion of his face behind the hazy smoke that added a touch of mystery. The anxiousness in his eyes belied his calm appearance as they fixed on the large gates in the distance. Just like a nervous youth in love for the first time, even his heart was beating at an irregular pace.

Ah De subsequently opened the villa gates, driving in. Gu Yanhao's heart tightened seeing this, and he quickly straightened his body.

She's back!

A trace of nervousness can be seen in the depth of his dark obsidian eyes.

He snubbed the embers on his cigar, turned around and hurried down. Just as he had one foot out of the room, Gu Yanhao stopped, retreating back into the room. Standing in front of the vanity table, he ran his fingers through his hair, slightly tidying his appearance. When he felt he was sufficiently good looking, his lips turned up in a charming smile and went out. Then, as if remembering something, he returned to the room once more, grabbing the bouquet from the bed.

When he reached the living room, Gu Yanhao hid the roses behind his back while waiting for the person to enter. Standing there, he was nervous yet excited while waiting for that woman.

He could her faint footsteps. Moments later, she entered his line of sight.

________________________________
Note:
[1] fierce, authoritative wife
________________________________
Translator: XiXi Editor: Ocelot

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

451K 10.9K 97
He is a legendary business powerhouse, a King with a business empire. She is just an ordinary female student. A deal, - a paper marriage, a marriage...
173K 3.5K 87
Fu Mingyu, the president of Hengshi Airlines, took a first-class flight in his own plane. A flight attendant arbitrarily offered him coffee three tim...
381K 11.7K 200
Continue from chapter 198 The iron blooded Master Mu had three specialities: great marksmanship, great skills and masterful ways to spoil his wife! E...
39.2K 992 77
Naruto has finished elementary school and is now in high school. But he does not know that someone else is hiding behind his shy classmate Hinata...