Trust me, it's not ~ Adopted...

By everyonehatesCharlie

"There's alot about me that you don't know and you probably never will." * * * Tony Stark. Billionaire. Iron... More

Meeting the Avengers
Arguments
Training
Sparring
Logan
School
Korey
You're soft you know
Peter Parker
HYDRA sucks
Nightmare squad
Party (Part 1)
Party (Part 2)
Starks are curious beings
Ironstrange
The Avengers go to the Mall
Told you so
Hbd,P
Memories
Schwarma
Deya
This family's adorable
Pal
Recognised
Cassie and Pizza
Family
Anger is a dangerous emotion
Back to Wakanda
Wade's not dangerous
Dads
Alicia
Opening up
Authors Note-THANK YOU!
Attack
Coping, Sort Of
High tensions
The Questioning
Meltdowns
Reasoning
Wade's persuasion skills
Wade's Place.
Young and sweet, only seventeen
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Reporters suck.

1.8K 47 57
By everyonehatesCharlie

Have you ever had that feeling that something's just... off? Like you're not happy but you're not exactly sad either. It's that kind of feeling that you have a small amount of motivation to do something, yet you still can't seem to be able to do it.

That's how I was feeling right now.

I layed in bed, staring at the ceiling. I didn't want to get up. Well, I did, but I couldn't. I sighed, trying to find patterns in the dots of my ceiling. I used to do it to help me get to sleep, it gave me something to focus on other than the inevitability of death.

I sighed again. I needed to do something, even if I didn't leave my room. I looked over at my clock. It was 8:00, we would be having breakfast in 10 minutes. That meant that Dad would come into my room and try to drag me down to the kitchen to eat.

I got up and walked into my music room. Picking up my drumsticks, a sat at the drum. I shuffled about on the stool before deciding to play an AC/DC song. I settled on TNT.

I started playing the song and Dad walked in. He smiled at me and waited until I had finished before speaking. 

"Come on kid, time for breakfast." He said trying to get me to go downstairs with him. I shook my head. 

"I don't wanna," I whined. Dad narrowed his eyes at me. 

"Violet." He pushed firmly.

I simply shook my head again. Dad pouted. 

"Come on squirt." I sighed. 

"You know I can't say no to squirt." I moaned. Dad smiled. 

"You looove me." He said, dragging out the o to annoy me. 

"Yeah, I do."

I headed down to breakfast, feeding Korey then sitting down and taking my pills. I kept my head down, staring at my bowl of granola as I ate it. I swirled my spoon about in my bowl before pushing it away. I was doing so well, I was fully recovered and I was throwing it all down the drain.

I noticed Wanda glance over at me. Her hands glowed red slightly and using two fingers, she pushed the bowl back towards me. I sighed, picking up the spoon again and continuing to eat. I had to be strong.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"Okay, so what you're telling me is that you ship Lestrade and Mycroft? They've never even met! Moriarty and Sherlock, sure. LESTRADE AND MYCROFT IS TOO FAR!" I screamed at Deya. We were on a call and discussing Sherlock ships and otps. Thor ate his pop tarts and stared at me. I probably looked weird seemingly screaming at no one.

I opened a cupboard and took out a packet of oreo before continuing the conversation. Dad had finally let me eat snacks on rare occasions and I felt like that moment in time was a great occasion. 

"Personally, I think Mycroft is ace aro. And if I was going to ship Lestrade with anyone it would be either Donovan or Anderson." I said. Deya sighed from the other line. 

"We all have opinions. Who do you ship Moriarty with?" She asked. I smirked. "I can tell you're smirking, who is it?" I laughed.

"You know me too well. Eurus. I ship Moriarty with Eurus." I admitted, heading back up to my room. 

"I guess that's not too bad. I mean, it's basically canon." Deya pointed out. I flopped on my bed. Deya and I had been on call for an hour at this point and people were actually starting to get worried when I went into fits of laughter. They thought I was dying or something. At least I was feeling better than that morning.

I picked up an oreo and put it in my mouth. 

"Your Dad won't like you eating snacks," Rose told me, interrupting the call. 

"Shut up, he's stopped asking Vision and you to tell him when I eat snacks he doesn't care anymore. I'm recovered." I shot back. She didn't need to always be looking out for me. I'm 15 I can look after myself. She's not even human for god's sake.

"What the hell was that?" Deya questioned confused. I hadn't really told her much about Rose or anything to do with my high tech stuff, I didn't want to seem stuck up. 

"Sorry Deya, my Ai is getting stressy because I'm eating Oreos," I told her. She also didn't know about anything in my past.

"What's wrong with you eating Oreos?" She questioned. I debated telling her the truth but I didn't want ut to change her opinion of me. She was of my only friends. It was just her and Alicia. 

"Violet?" I realised I'd zoned out. 

"Sorry. It's not that I'm not allowed Oreos it's just that I have to stick to a diet and exercise plan. It helps with my training." I told Deya. I didn't exactly lie, everything I said was true, I just missed out certain parts.

"Fair enough."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

We were having a movie evening. All the couples were snuggled up with each other. I was in between the gays. Stephen and Dad on my right and Steve and Bucky on my left. (on your left!) I smiled at them. It was quite adorable. Vision and Wanda were behind me and everyone else was in front of me.

The film came up on the screen. It was Love, Simon. I loved that film. It was one of my favourites because it was such a great story with such great representation. It was secretly also Bucky's favourite film but he always said his favourite film was fight club to seem tough. He's never seen fight club.

When it talked about not just liking Panic! for the music, I murmured to myself. 

"Same." Bucky glanced at me and I just shrugged.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I stood in the backstage at the press conference. Nerves had taken over my body and I was shaking. I tried to calm my breathing and Korey walked over to me. I sat down and Korey layed on me. I stroked him gently and Peter sat down next to me.

"Hey, look at me, Violet. You'll be fine. I'll be with you and so will Dad and Korey." He reassured me. I gave him a small smile. He gave me a side hug and rubbed my shoulders. 

"They'll love you. It'll be fine."

Then we heard Dad's voice. 

"I would like to announce that a while ago I adopted two wonderful children. So Peter and Violet could you please come out." I gulped before standing up. 

"Korey heel," I told him.

We walked out into the press conference and the reporters erupted into a cacophony of questions. 

"One question at a time please," Dad spoke into the microphone. He pointed at a reporter and the stood up, holding out a recording device. 

"How old are you both?" He asked.

"I'm sixteen and my sister is fifteen," Peter answered for the both of us. Dad pointed at another person and they stood up. They asked a different question. 

"What has living with the Avengers been like?" This time I answered.

"It's been interesting. It's a very strange mix of people. It's definitely great though, I love them." I told the reporter. This Q&A type thing went on back and forth for a while until people started to get a bit too personal.

"Why is the dog here?"

"He's Korey, he's my service dog."

"Why do you have a service dog?"

"PTSD and social anxiety."

"Why do you have PTSD?"

"No comment."

"Do you get panic attacks?"

"Yes, but why do you need to know that?"

"Is it true that you lived on the streets?"

"No comment."

I could feel my heartbeat getting faster and my breaths getting more shallow and closer together. I started to shake and sweat and I felt faint. Korey alerted me. I stroked his head and tried to focus on my breathing. Noticing this, Dad spoke up.

"No further questions thank you." He informed the reporter before rushing me and Peter off the stage.

I got backstage and slumped down the wall onto the floor. I started to hyperventilate. Korey placed his head on my legs and I stroked him. Dad knelt down in front of me. 

"It's okay. Breathe now. You'll be okay."

I finally calmed down and Dad hugged me. 

"I'm so sorry about that. They were being nosey pricks. I won't let it happen again." He told me. I smiled at him.

"I love you so much, Dad."

"I love you too squirt."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.4K 72
My life has been anything but normal. HYDRA killed my father than took me captive. They tortured me for years before a group called the Avengers save...
351 1 26
In this beautiful love story... We have Peter Parker and Y/N. Peter Parker is Spiderman and he lives in the Avengers House (Building) and Tony Stark...
520K 15.5K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...
1.3K 15 10
!!! IT'S NOT STARKER !!! !!! IT'S COMPLETE AND REVIEWED !!! Tony Stark and Steve Rogers adopt the amazing and sweet Peter Parker, who has lost all hi...