Smoke and the Wolf

By thewolf12345

What can you do when the love of your life is a man? You feel the pull when you look deep in his eyes but wha... More

Dedication Page
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 19.1
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 16

10 1 0
By thewolf12345

"Remmy, I think now is a good time. Vlad can wait. If anything happens to Azee, she will at least know her niece is taken care of." Erik was practically shoving him in there. "Mercy won't let anything happen to you, and Azee will hold Thierry back, hopefully."

Azee comforted Mercy, "I'll try my very best to fight this. And if I go, know that I haven't left you. I'll be in your heart. If my child survives, I want you to take care of your little cousin as if it were your sibling. Promise me that." She said. A different doctor came in with a face cloth to wipe the sweat out of Azee's eyes. He quickly left, not wanting Thierry to attack him. Azee took an even breath, before turning to speak to Thierry. "Thierry, I have a suggestion, but I would guess it be as equally risky. How does being turned into a werewolf work?"

"You know I will take care of my baby cousin. I will treat them with respect and teach them how to have fun. That I can promise you."

Thierry thought for a moment, and spoke to Azee, and Mercy through mind link, "There is a way to turn you." He said. He had only heard of it done a few times, but he knew what to do as he saw it happen.

"There's a way to save her?" Mercy perked up. "Do you think it'll work?" Mercy's imagination was going a thousand miles a minute. "How Uncle T? Can I help?!"

"Get me some clothes so I can shift back." He said to Mercy.

Mercy went to the counter that had some clothes that Vlad brought in a while ago. She handed them to Thierry and walked to the door and left, shutting it so he could change.

Thierry shifted back and put on the clothes, he gave Azee and quick kiss and sat down in a chair, holding Azee's hand. "Okay, you can come back in." He said.

Mercy walked slowly back in. "Now, before we do anything else. I don't want Azee not knowing this. Remmy is." She stuck her head out the door and motioned Remmy in to help her explain.

Remmy came in and stood next to Mercy, he glanced nervously at Thierry, "I'm her mate." He said grabbing her hand.

Thierry looked at Remmy and Mercy "Take good care of her. You hurt her, I hurt you." He said.

"You know, I thought you would try to kill him. I mean I still haven't told dad." Mercy said sheepishly. "Besides I think that's an empty threat. He won't hurt me." She tried to kiss him on the cheek but ended up on his chin.

Vlad came by the room where everyone was gathered. "What did I miss? Is everything okay?"

Thierry said without thinking "Remmy and Mercy are mates. My own mate and child might die. And the only way to save her is to turn her into a werewolf." He said quickly.

Vlad was silent. All he heard was that his baby was mated. Quicker than a flash, he grabbed Remmy by the neck. His eyes black. "I don't think so buddy."

Thierry growled loudly. "Vlad, so help me god, if you fight in this room I will kill you. So, either calm the fuck down or help me." He said, his eyes had shifted, he was still a raging alpha. Remmy's eyes had shifted to their gold color when Vlad slammed him against the wall, he knew this would happen, so he didn't fight back.

Even though Azee was tired, she was more fed up with all of the alpha male attitudes going about her. Sitting up right, she snapped at her Prince and Mate. "You two knock it off! Vlad Remmy hasn't claimed her yet, but he is Mercy's mate. I know you want to protect your little girl, but she's a bit of a big girl now. I'm actually glad that someone will be looking after Mercy. As for you Mr. calm down before you make me slap you silly."

"Vlad, she is with the only other one like her. I think they deserve each other." "Erik you better not be suggesting they stay together." "YES! They are perfect. And Azee has a point. So, as your better half." Erik pulled him off and slapped him for Azee.

Thierry calmed down slightly when he heard Azee, "I'm sorry love." He said grabbing her hand. "But yes, there is a way I can turn you into you werewolf...but there's a lot of stuff I need, and we need a strong witch." He said.

Mercy spoke up. "How about 2 witches? You have Remmy and I? We can do it!" She looked up at Remmy and back at Thierry.

Azee hmphed, she winced at the sharp pain of a kick, and fell back on the medical bed. She breathed in and out of her nose, deeply to get through the pain. "Just do what you must, but if I don't make it be a good father to our child. " she spoke, voice in pain.

"That's fine, I need Witch hazel, Wolfsbane, and the blood of her mate...which is me. So, if we can find that we will be good." He said before turning his attention to Azee, he ran his hand over her belly hoping to calm the child.

"I think I have some Witch Hazel! I was messing around with a spell. Didn't work out, but I have at least 5 stems left." Mercy ran up to her room but stopped at her father to kiss him, letting him know she's alright. Erik also left, but he was having trouble dragging Vladimir who was just eye locked with Remmy Still. "Thierry, does the Wolfbane have to be fresh? I'll check with the kitchen. Might have some dried."

"Any kind of wolfsbane will work, it has the same affect." He said still rubbing his hand on Azee's belly.

Mercy used her super speed and came back as her fathers were leaving. "Here's the Hazel. What else do you need? A Bowl?!"

"Bowl and a knife." He said, he glanced to Remmy, Erik and Vlad, worry all over his face.

Erik finally got Vlad out the door and had a long talk with him. They brought back the bowl and Bane. "Here you go Thierry."

"Can you crush the wolfsbane up some more? I don't feel like getting burned." Thierry said to Erik, he grabbed the bowl and worked on crushing up the Witch Hazel.

Erik grounded up the Wolfsbane and was watching Vlad who was watching Remmy. "Here Thierry."

Periodically Vlad would let out some low growls directed at Remmy but would stop when Mercy looked at her father with pissed off eyes. "What are the words. I don't think I've read about it, so I'm lost at this point." Mercy directed her eyes back to Thierry.

Thierry grabbed a paper and wrote down the words, surprised he still remembered them. "Here." He said. He went back mixing up the stuff.

Mercy held Remmy's hand and she started practicing the words. "με αυτά τα λόγια σε κάνω ένα λύκο. με αυτά τα λόγια σε κάνω ένα λύκο." She was starting to mess up some of the words, but she didn't give up. "Ready when you two are and I hope it works." She said the last part to herself.

Remmy grabbed Mercy's hand and helped her with the spell, he had seen something similar. Once the spell was started, Thierry took the knife and cut his palm, blood flowed out and dropped into the bowl. The blood and the other stuff started to spin and mix together.

Mercy squeezed Remmy's hand. "Please let this work." She voiced to Remmy. Erik was now standing by the door. Vlad saw his daughter hold that things hand and was trying to get in but to no avail. "Just stop Vlad. Please. You'll destroy what you have with her. Let her be happy." Erik whispered as not to distract Mercy or anyone else.

Once the spinning stopped, "Its done. Now all Azee has to do is drink it." He said looking at Azee.

Thierry's rubbing to her belly soothed her some and even the baby. When the mixture was finished, Azee nodded to Thierry that she was ready.

Thierry handed Azee the bowl, "It's not going to taste the best, but drink slowly." He said.

Azee nodded, taking the bowl, and slowly drinking the contents.

Thierry watched closely, "Since you are with child, you won't shift. But the next full moon you will shift." He said.

The Princes watched intently. Mercy was sweating. Her nerves on high.

Azee finished the mixture, coughing a little, but nothing to fret over. "When will the next full moon be?" She asked, tiredly.

"Next month. And if you are still with child it will be the month after." Thierry said, he had taken the empty bowl from Azee and sat it next to him on the stand.

"Will she have the temperament of a wolf? Even if she hasn't changed yet?" Erik asked Thierry. "Her eyes won't change, will they?"

"Her eyes will change; the temperament part will start to show closer to the next full moon." Thierry said.

"Well, I'm glad my eyes don't change when I'm mad. It's easier to hide my feelings." Mercy stuck out her tongue, Joy starting to fill up again inside. "Aunt Azee! Wait till you go on your first run. It's amazing!" Mercy was starting to get ahead of herself, but she was just happy she wasn't losing anyone she loved.

"We won't fully know if it took until 24 hours have past, but with the times I have seen it does, it has worked." Thierry said, he smiled softly at what Mercy said.

"Remmy." Vlad had directed his attention over. "What are your plans with my daughter. I want to know before we go any further."

Remmy glanced up, "We haven't really talked about. She only found out when she shifted." Remmy said looking at Vlad.

"Come Remmy. Let's head to my office. We'll discuss this further."

"Dad! Leave him alone!" "Mercy, I won't hurt him. He'll be fine." His eyes told otherwise. But so did Mercy's. "Don't think about putting a hand on him."

Fear was all over Remmy's face, he knew this was going to happen. He glanced over to Mercy and then back at Vlad, Vlad never really did like him much.

Vlad walked out of the room. "Come Remmy. I won't hurt you." Much

"See, it's that much part that freaks me out." Remmy said following Vlad, but at a safe distance.

Vlad changed his emotions. He let out a big sigh. "Don't hurt my baby girl. I know that you'll be wanting children, but not for a while. All I ask is that."

"She's too young for kids anyway, and plus...hybrids can't have children." Remmy was shocked at Vlad's change of demeanor towards him.

That shocked Vlad. He never thought about that. "Oh. Well. Um. Just treat her like a princess." Vlad was going to regret this. "You have my blessing to be her mate."

"Thank you, Vlad. I won't hurt her.... But I also don't think Mercy knows we can't have kids." He said.

Vlad let out another big sigh. "I know she wanted them. I wish you luck telling her that."

"It's just not physically possible for our kind to have kids, even though we have a human side of us."

"Well she'll find a way. Never takes No for an answer that one." Vlad was thinking about what she would do.

"There is no way, I've been around a long time...nothing has worked, either the mother or child dies in the end."

"Well than I really wish you luck. This also doesn't mean I like you completely. But I can tolerate you."

Azee closed her eyes, she was tired, and in need of rest. Her breathing began to become slow, and deep with sleep.

Mercy was dreading her mate and father alone in a room together. "Uncle. What does being a mate entitle? What do you have to do?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 804 54
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ -Unorganized -Poorly written -Cliche I was 14 when I wrote this and I discourage reading it 😬 ------- All art is mine. Completed 07...
2.3M 62.9K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
55 0 10
❝ I've seen the future. Your mate is none other than a shifter. A werewolf but she is also the daughter of the werewolf king❞ the vampire king let ou...
899 20 18
A girl was several abused and neglected by her mother and only her childhood friend/playmate cares for her making her to run away age thirteen and li...