Little Things

By caitlinneil7

A life on tour is something Marley has dreamed of since she was younger. A life on tour with Camila and their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 5

123 4 2
By caitlinneil7

Three weeks later

"What's wrong?" Camila asks softly, rubbing Marley's back when the younger girl curls into her.

"I still don't feel right." Marley mumbled.

Frowning, Camila feels her head. "You're not warm anymore.. Why don't we get you to the doctor?"

Marley nodded. "Okay."

Two hours later

Camila sits beside Marley, holding her hand as they wait for the doctor to come back with the results of her blood test.

Marley tapped her foot nervously as she looked around the room.

"Relax," Camila whispers in her ear, gently squeezing her hand.

Marley snapped her head towards Camila. "Relax?"

Nodding, Camila kisses her cheek. "You're tense."

"I hate the doctors." Marley responded quietly. "They smell funny and bring back memories."

Kissing her gently, Camila leans their foreheads together. "Don't think like that baby girl."

"I can't." Marley mumbled. "Every time I walk in a place like this, I'm reminded of what I did to myself. And problem is... is that sometimes I still feel that way."

Holding her close, Camila kisses her forehead. "I'm sorry."

Marley sighed.

The door opens and the doctor walks in. "Hey, I've got some news." She says with a soft smile.

Marley shifted uncomfortably in the seat, rubbing her face with her hands.

"It appears that you're three weeks pregnant." The doctor says softly.

Marley froze, paling.

Camila's eyes widen and she looks toward Marley. "Are you okay?"

Marley didn't respond.

Cupping her cheek, Camila turns Marley's head toward her. "Mar, talk to me."

Marley bit her lower lip.

"Please," the older girl breathes out, leaning their foreheads together.

Marley closed her eyes. She didn't know what to say or do or even think. She was scared. Her hands began to tremble.

"Can we have a few minutes?" Camila asks softly, glancing toward the doctor.

The doctor nodded. "Sure." She stood up and left the room.

Caressing Marley's cheek, Camila leans in and kisses her gently. Trying to break her out of her shocked state.

Marley didn't respond.

Pulling away, Camila sighs softly. "Mar, baby talk to me."

Marley forced her eyes open. "I can't do it."

Swallowing thickly, Camila looks into her eyes. "Are you wanting to have an abortion?" She asks weakly.

Marley shrugged.

"Hey, we'll do whatever you want." The older girl says softly, kissing Marley's forehead.

Marley could only nod. She was exhausted.

"Do you want to go to the bus and lay down?" Camila asks softly, running her fingers through Marley's hair.

Marley nodded. "Yeah."

"I'll get the doctor." She says softly, moving to leave the room only for Marley to grab her hand.

"Don't leave me alone." Marley breathed

"I'm just calling for the doctor." Camila tells her softly.

Marley sniffed before nodding.

Squeezing her hand gently, Camila releases it and moves toward the door.

Marley swallowed, biting her lower lip.

Stepping out of the room, Camila calls for the doctor.

The doctor came down the hall and stopped in front of Camila.

"Is it okay if I take her home?" Camila asks softly, looking at her.

"Yeah. As long as she's okay." The doctor nodded.

Nodding her head, Camila sends the doctor a smile. "Thanks." She says before heading back into the room.

"No problem." The doctor said following Camila into the room.

"We can head home." Camila tells Marley softly, grabbing her hand.

"Hmm?" Marley shook herself out of her thoughts and looked up at Camila. "Huh?"

"We can head home." Camila tells her softly.

"Okay." Marley said, standing up.

"Thank you." Camila says to the doctor before leading Marley out of the room.

Marley wrapped her arms around herself and swallowed.

"I've got you." Camila says softly, wrapping an arm around Marley.

Marley closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Leading her to the private car, Camila opens the back door and helps her in.

Marley kept her head down, knowing at any moment she could she surrounded by a swarm of paparazzi.

"Relax," Camila whispers in her ear as they get in the car.

Marley nodded and forced herself to relax.

Shutting the door, Camila kisses her forehead. "I've got you."

"Can we go home now?" Marley mumbles.

"We are." Camila promises softly, holding her close.

Marley nodded in response.

****

"Are you okay?" Camila asks softly, running her hand through Marley's hair as they lay in bed.

Marley nodded, flicking through her messages on her phone.

Placing her hand on her stomach, Camila gently rubs it. "What's on your mind."

Marley shook her head. "Nothing." She whispered.

Sitting up, Camila caresses Marley's cheek and pulls her into a slow and passionate kiss.

Marley's eyes fluttered closed.

Their kiss grew heated but Camila didn't try to go further than kissing.

Marley dropped her phone on her lap.

Shifting them, Camila slightly hovers over Marley, running her tongue along the younger girl's bottom lip.

Marley pulled away for air.

Smiling softly, Camila tries to catch her breath.

Marley swallowed and ran her fingers through her hair. Her phone beeped and she flinched.

Cupping her cheek, Camila kisses her once more, pulling her close.

Marley wrapped her arms around Camila's neck.

Deepening the kiss, Camila runs her tongue along Marley's bottom lip.

Marley tilted her head to the side.

Their kiss was once again growing heated as their tongues tangled together.

After a few minutes, Marley pulled away again, resting her forehead against Camila's.

"I love you." Camila says softly, looking into Marley's eyes.

"I love you too." Marley whispered.

They just laid there staring into each other's eyes for a few minutes. Camila not able to hide her smile.

Marley's phone buzzed beside them and the younger girl tore her eyes away from Camila to look.

"Who is it?" Camila asks softly, trying not to get jealous.

"I don't know. It's a blocked number." Marley responded quietly.

Reaching for the phone, Camila opens the message.

Marley flopped back against the bed.

Camila frowns as she reads the message. "Who would send this?"

Marley shrugged. "I have no idea."

Deleting the number, Camila cups Marley's cheek. "Just ignore them." She whispers, leaning in and kissing her once more.

Marley closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Rubbing her thumb against Marley's cheek bone, Camila slowly deepens the kiss.

Marley hummed against Camila's lips before pulling away.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" Camila asks softly, kissing her forehead.

"I can't." Marley shook her head. "I have a show."

"Take an hour nap, your show isn't until 8 tonight." Camila responds softly.

Marley nodded. "Okay."

Holding Marley close, Camila kisses her forehead. "Sleep." She says softly.

Marley rolled onto her side, facing away from Camila and curled up.

Curling around her, Camila kisses Marley's shoulder.

Marley drifted off to sleep, gripping the sheets in her fist.

****

"Hey buddy." Camila says softly, smiling at Mason, her and Marley were facetiming with the kids.

"Hi." Mason waved.

"Are you being good for Lucy and Lauren?" Camila asks softly, squeezing Marley's hand.

Nodding his head, Mason frowns. "Mama when can I come?"

"Um..." Camila thought for a moment. "Soon."

"I miss you mama and mommy." The little boy says softly.

"We miss you too." Camila said softly.

The three year old looks up at Lucy before looking back at the phone. "I'm sleepy."

"Okay, buddy. You can go to bed if you want." Camila said softly.

"Love you." Mason mumbles before curling up on Lucy and closing his eyes.

"Good night, buddy." Camila said with a soft smile.

"I'm going to let you both go and get him to sleep." Lucy says softly, sending them a small smile.

Camila smiled back. "Before you go, how are the twins?"

"They're both good, but I don't think Grace will be sleeping on her own anytime soon." The older girl responds softly.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked, furrowing her brows.

Running a hand through her hair, Lucy takes a deep breath. "She's gotten extremely close with Lauren and will scream the house down unless she's in Lauren's arms."

Camila felt a pang of jealousy within her chest. "Lauren has to distance herself." She said.

"I've told her that, but I think she misses having a baby." The older girl says softly.

"She misses having a baby?" Camila asked in disbelief. "She works with kids for a living."

"It's not the same thing Mila." Lucy responds before looking at Mason. "I should get him in his bed."

Camila ran her fingers through her hair. "Whatever. Bye." She ended the call.

"What was that about?" Marley asks softly, running a hand through her hair.

"Our kids no longer feel like ours." Camila responded.

Biting her lip, Marley looks down. "I'm sorry, it's my fault." She whispers, feeling terrible.

"Your fault?" Camila repeated. "It's not your fault. You had a tour to go on. You needed me. A tour life is no life for a child, you were right, I see that now."

Swallowing thickly, Marley looks down. "But they're forgetting us."

"But if they had been with us, here, you'd probably still be in hospital and they'd be confused and stressed out." Camila responded. "I'd rather they were happy then upset."

Shaking her head, the younger girl fought back tears. "Maybe we should bring them out."

"Marley, no." Camila shook her head. "They need normality. A life on tour is not normal."

"They need us." Marley responds softly.

"What's with the change in opinion?" Camila asked, confused.

Biting her lip, the younger girl takes a deep breath. "I've been feeling like this for a while."

"How long is a while?" Camila asked.

"Two months." Marley says softly. "Maybe I can pause the tour for a month or two and go back home to spend time with the kids."

"I don't know how Annie would feel about that." Camila said.

The younger girl looks into Camila's eyes. "I don't really care, family comes first."

Camila seemed slightly taken aback.

"I'll even talk to her myself mama." Marley says softly.

"If that's what you want." Camila said.

"It is." The younger girl says softly.

"Okay. We'll let Annie know." Camila says softly.

Marley can't help but smile as she leans in to kiss Camila gently.

Camila closed her eyes and kissed Marley back.

After a few minutes, the younger girl pulls away. "I love you."

"I love you too." Camila pressed her lips to Marley's forehead.

Shifting, Marley curls into Camila's side and buries her face in her neck.

Camila wrapped her arms around Marley.

Relaxing, the younger girl takes a deep breath. "I miss being able to just lay in bed."

Camila kissed Marley's forehead. "We'll talk to Annie."

Nodding her head, the younger closes her eyes. "I have a show tonight."

"After tonight." Camila said softly.

"Okay." Marley mumbles tiredly.

****

Grace was crying in her crib, her cries waking everyone in the house up.

Mason climbed out of his bed and ran into Lauren and Lucy's room. "Make her stop." He begged.

Sighing, Lucy runs a hand through her hair. "Get her," she mumbles to Lauren before picking Mason up and carrying him back to his room.

Grace was laying in her crib, kicking her feet roughly as she cried, Jaden began to softly fuss having been woken up.

Lauren sighed heavily. She sat up. 'She was doing really well.' She thought to herself before getting out of the bed.

The baby girl continued to cry, even when Lauren picked her up. Her skin was burning up and her tiny body lightly shaking in Lauren's arms.

Lauren frowned. She carried the little girl to Lucy. "She's sick."

"What?" Lucy asks, reaching out to feel Grace's forehead. "I need to check her over."

Grace continued to cry, kicking her feet gently, only relaxing when the coolness from Lauren's body touches her.

Lauren nodded. "She was fine when I put her down."

Gently, Lucy takes Grace and moves to their bed.  "Can you get my medical bag?"

Lauren nodded. She left the room to find the bad. She ran around the whole house before discovering the bag on the hallway, sitting beside the front door.

By the time she got back to their room, Grace was sound asleep on Lucy's chest, the older girl only wearing her bra while the baby was in nothing but a diaper.

Lauren stopped in the doorway, looking confused.

"She was starting to shake, I had to cool her down but I didn't want to make her too cold. Skin on skin contact works wonders at work with the sick newborns." Lucy explains softly.

Lauren still looked confused but she nodded in response and moved into the room. She put the bag on the bed beside Lucy.

Shifting, Lucy gently lays Grace on the bed and opens her bag, beginning to gently check the baby over.

Lauren sat on the edge of the bed and watched Lucy.

"I think she might just be teething and have a cold." The older girl says softly, looking up at Lauren.

Grace begins to softly cry as she wakes up again.

"Teething? But isn't she too young for that?" Lauren frowned.

Shaking her head, Lucy gently lifts Grace back up and leans back on her pillows. "She's seven months but is just really tiny for her age."

"Why?" Lauren asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Sometimes things like this just happen." Lucy responds, rubbing Grace's back as she slowly calms down.

Grace nuzzles Lucy's chest, her mouth dropping open.

"It's got something to do with the fact that Marley wouldn't eat when she was pregnant with them." Lauren muttered to herself.

"She's hungry," Lucy says, holding the baby out toward Lauren.

"I'll go heat up her bottle." Lauren told Lucy.

"Just nurse her Laur, she won't wait for a bottle." Lucy responds softly.

"It'll take five minutes." Lauren said, standing up and leaving the room before Lucy can argue with her.

Grace begins to softly cry, kicking her feet.

"Shh." Lucy said softly, rocking the little girl.

Slowly, Grace relaxes and her eyes flutter closed, the little girl gently kicking her feet.

Lauren brought the bottle into the room. "Here." She held it out to Lucy.

Taking the bottle, Lucy gently holds it to Grace's lips.

Slowly, Grace begins to suck on the bottle, her eyes falling closed.

Lauren sat down on the edge of the bed and lay back.

It wasn't long before Grace was sound asleep on Lucy's chest.

Lauren had drifted off to sleep.

****

Grace was curled up in Lauren's arms, her head on Lauren's chest while the older girl grades papers.

Lauren pushed her glasses up her nose and sighed.

The baby was being clingy, her tiny body shaking from the heat.

Lauren dropped the pen on the page. "He just doesn't get this at all." She whispered to herself.

Whining softly, Grace nuzzles Lauren's chest before starting to try and nurse through her shirt.

Lauren ran her fingers through her hair. "Seriously? You do pick your moments, don't you? You have the worst timing."

Grace whines once more, kicking her feet.

Lauren got up and carried the little girl into the kitchen to heat up a bottle.

As soon as the bottle was done and touched her lips, Grace released a soft cry and turned her head away.

Lauren rolled her eyes. She sat down on a chair beside the kitchen table, pulling her shirt down and allowing Grace to latch on to her nipple.

Relaxing, Grace slowly sucks as her eyes flutter closed.

"I take it she didn't want the bottle." Lucy says softly, walking into the kitchen, she had just gotten home from work and was hungry.

Lauren looked up at Lucy. "Your guess is correct." She nodded.

Kissing Lauren gently, Lucy moves to make herself something to eat. "How's the grading papers going?"

"I got three done and then Grace got hungry and fussy." Lauren said.

Grace released a soft hum from where she was nursing on Lauren's nipple.

Lauren shifted uncomfortably in the seat.

"You okay?" Lucy asks softly, moving over to her and kissing her forehead.

Grace shifts in Lauren's arms, her eyes fluttering as she grew tired.

"I'm fine." Lauren responded, looking up at Lucy.

Frowning, Lucy looks into Lauren's eyes. "Are you sure? You seem upset and uncomfortable."

Grace slowly falls asleep, curling into Lauren, her lips still wrapped around Lauren's nipple.

"She's just being rough." Lauren mumbled, looking down at Grace. "It hurts."

"I'm sorry, is she still feeding?" Lucy asks softly, looking at Lauren.

Lauren nodded.

"She looks like she's asleep." Lucy says softly.

"She is... but she's still feeding." Lauren mumbled.

Grace shifts in Lauren's arms and releases a soft whine around her nipple, her eyes fluttering open.

Lauren ran her fingers through her hair and let out a long breath.

"Maybe if you switch your nipple and put a pacifier in her mouth." Lucy says softly, sending Lauren a soft smile and holding out a pacifier.

"Thanks." Lauren took the pacifier from Lucy. She switched her nipple with the pacifier.

Grace immediately relaxed and closed her eyes, gripping onto Lauren's shirt.

Lauren pulled her shirt back up and leaned back in her chair. "I'm sorry for being moody. I'm just tired."

"It's okay baby," Lucy says softly, kissing her forehead. "How many papers are left?"

"Twenty seven..." Lauren said, a little unsure of her answer. She had left all of her marking really late and had piles and piles of jotters to mark.

Nodding her head, Lucy sits down at the table. "Let me finish my dinner and then we can work on them."

"You really want to help me with that boring stuff?" Lauren asked softly.

"Why not?" Lucy responds with a shrug.

"Because it's boring and you've probably got loads of other more interesting things to do." Lauren said.

Smiling softly, Lucy cups Lauren's cheek and leans in to kiss her.

Lauren closed her eyes as their lips connected.

"I'd do anything for you." Lucy breathes out against her lips.

"Why?" Lauren whispered back.

"Because I love you." The older girl responds, sending Lauren a soft smile.

Grace shifts in Lauren's arms and releases a soft cry, her skin was still warm even after Lauren had given her baby Tylenol.

"She's still warm." Lauren looked down at the baby in her arms. "She's had medicine."

Frowning, Lucy looks at the baby. "She might just be overheating, try taking her sleeper off." She says softly.

Lauren nodded. She moved the little girl onto the table and took off her sleeper.

Slowly, Grace relaxes against the table, her eyes fluttering occasionally as she fought to stay awake.

Lauren looked up at Lucy. "Thank you."

Lucy just sends Lauren a smile and kisses her cheek. "Of course, now let's get those papers done."

Lauren nodded. "Okay." She smiled slightly.

"Why don't you grab them and I'll lay her in her crib." Lucy says softly.

Lauren nodded. "Okay."

Getting up, Lucy gently lifts Grace into her arms. "I'll be right back."

Lauren nodded. She ran her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath. She stood up and went into the living room to collect her papers.

It wasn't long before they were both at the kitchen table, grading papers.

Lauren tapped her pen on the table while she read the paper in front of her.

"Oh Noah," Lucy mumbles, shaking her head as she grades his paper.

Noah was one of Lauren's favorite students but it seemed like recently his grades were slipping.

"What?" Lauren looked up. "Did he do well?" She asked hopefully.

Sighing, Lucy looks up at Lauren. "He got a three on this test Laur, he failed."

Lauren sighed and pressed her hand to her forehead. "What am I going to do with him? I try so hard with him, he just doesn't listen. It's like he's stopped wanting to learn."

"Maybe something's going on at home, didn't you say his mom has been sick?" Lucy asks softly.

"He told me she was fine now." Lauren said. "He told me his dad was taking care of it."

Sighing, Lucy runs a hand through her hair. "He might've lied Laur."

"He lied to me..." Lauren frowned. "What do I do?"

Cupping her cheek, Lucy looks into Lauren's eyes. "Just try and be understanding when you talk to him."

"I'm always understanding." Lauren mumbled.

"I know, let's finish these papers." Lucy says softly, kissing Lauren's cheek.

Lauren took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair. "My whole class's marks have dropped since the start of the year and it's my fault. I've been too distracted."

"It's not your fault Laur, I think they might've just stopped paying attention themselves." The older girl says softly.

"Because of me. I didn't make the lessons fun." Lauren mumbled.

Shaking her head, Lucy looks into Lauren's eyes. "It's not your fault."

"It is. The whole point of me teaching them is for them to learn but they aren't and it looks bad on me." Lauren responded.

"Hey, I promise it's not you. Maybe just try teaching them through music like you did our kids." Lucy says softly.

Lauren closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'll try."

Kissing her forehead, Lucy sighs softly. "We're done, do you want to take a shower with me?"

Lauren opened her eyes and nodded.

Standing up, the older girl holds her hand out for Lauren.

Lauren stood up and took Lucy's hand.

"You're so beautiful." Lucy says softly, kissing her hand and leading them to their room.

Lauren blushed and stared at the floor.

Smiling softly, Lucy leads Lauren into their bathroom.

Lauren looked up and gently tugged on Lucy's hand once they were in the bathroom. She pulled the older girl closer and pressed their lips together.

Smiling into the kiss, Lucy wraps her arms around Lauren's waist.

Lauren wrapped her arms around Lucy's neck and deepened the kiss.

Pulling Lauren closer, the older girl tilts her head to the side as they kiss.

Lauren hummed against Lucy's lips, tangling her fingers in Lucy's hair.

Their kiss was growing heated and Lucy gently backed Lauren into the wall beside the shower.

Lauren gasped as her back hit the wall.

Pulling away, Lucy slides her hands up Lauren's sides and pulls her shirt over her head.

Lauren raised her arms above her head to make it easier for Lucy to get her shirt off.

Leaning down, Lucy begins kissing along Lauren's chest.

Lauren breathed deeply, leaning back against the wall and closing her eyes. She let her arms fall limply by her sides.

Shifting, Lucy kisses her passionately once more.

Lauren wrapped her arms around Lucy's neck and tangled her fingers in Lucy's hair.

It wasn't long before they were both naked and Lucy was leading Lauren into the shower.

Lauren squeezed Lucy's hand and smiled at her.

Turning on the warm water, Lucy leans Lauren back against the shower wall and kisses her again.

"I love you." Lauren breathed against Lucy's lips.

"I love you too." Lucy responds before deepening the kiss.

Lauren tilted her head to the side.

Their kiss once again grew heated as Lucy ran her tongue along Lauren's bottom lip.

Lauren opened her mouth and Lucy slipped her tongue in to explore the younger girl's mouth.

After a few minutes, Lucy pulls away for air and starts kissing along Lauren's neck. Slipping her right hand between their bodies and beginning to gently rub Lauren's clit.

Lauren's breath caught in her throat and she moaned quietly into Lucy's ear.

Stopping to suck on Lauren's pulse, Lucy begins to rub the younger girl's clit faster.

Lauren's breath caught in her throat again and she gripped Lucy's hair tighter.

Moaning against Lauren's throat, Lucy slowly slips a finger inside Lauren.

Lauren moaned again.

Starting a slow and gentle pace, Lucy leans in and kisses Lauren.

Lauren moaned into Lucy's mouth, breathing heavily.

Adding another finger, Lucy begins thrusting slightly faster.

It wasn't long before Lauren crashed over the edge.

Removing her fingers, Lucy washes her hands under the shower water and sends Lauren a soft smile.

Lauren slumped back against the wall, her eyes closed, as she tried to catch her breath.

Kissing her gently, Lucy can't hold back her smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." Lauren breathed, her eyes still closed.

"Let's finish our shower and go to bed." Lucy says softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 15.7K 50
ATTENTION: THIS BOOK WILL NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AND IT WILL BE VERY CONFUSING IF YOU HAVENT READ THE FIRST BOOK. THE FIRST BOOK IS CALLED 'THE CALL THAT...
639 1 11
Book 3 of 4 in the Bad Things Series. A life on tour is something Marley has dreamed of since she was younger. A life on tour with Camila and their k...
225K 4.8K 33
Camila Cabello is busy touring on her first headlining tour as a solo artist when she receives a special visit from a complete stranger, Lauren Jaure...
55K 1.6K 27
Tour life is never easy but it most definitely isn't easy when you've left your girlfriend and daughter at home. [This is a sequel to Stop The World...