His Other One

Par starlily1

Follow Taylor as she maneuvers in a new world where vampires inhabit, secret roams and danger is never far be... Plus

edit notice, check for cast update
Prologue
1|Blue Eyes And a vist
2| The Blue Pact And A Scare
3|Silent forest And The Encounters
4|Emese And A Revelation
5|Rites And A vision
6|The Fake Queen And A Maid
7|The Portraits And A History
8|Two Seasons And A Kill
9|Lupines And Black Horses
10|Fae Magic And A Dying King
11|A Sad love Story And A Cabal
12|The Blossom Key And A Grand Ball
13|The Dead Assasin And A Banquet
14|A Peculiar Memory And A Cause for Alarm
15| Nine days And All Kinds Of Hunger
16|The Charge and A Good Laugh
17|A Hunting and A Prize
18|A clash of answers
19| Olanda And Her Faerie
update
20|The Request And An Interrogation
21| The Outburst and A Garden
23| An Exchange And A Consumation

22|Olivia's Plea And The Dungeon

1.2K 97 19
Par starlily1

The journey back to the castle was a quiet one.
Taylor kept replaying anghel words in her mind, pondering it over. She didn't know what to feel, and she kep wondering;
What was going on in Anghel's head?!

Anghel felt anything but calm. He knew he was doing the right thing, he knew distancing himself from this woman was the best for both of them, yet why did he feel so dejected?
He felt the itching in his blood for fortification. The hunger for warm delicious bloodlife his kind craved sharpened when he was in distress. Dhampirs craved less for blood than true bloods but the pangs always intensified during emotional stress.

He looked down at Taylor and knew he would do everything to protect her, wasn't he damned the moment he found out her deceit?
He could neither touch her nor turn away.
She might think him cold-blooded now, but it was better she lived to hate him than get destroyed trying to nurture his seed.
For the umpteenth time since his wedding, he cursed all heaven for putting him in the shoes of his father, someone he had sworn never to become. But he was not his father, he would make better decisions.
All he had to do was uphold till after the coronation, there was no greater protection for the woman he was in love with than making her queen.
He would produce an heir for the throne without jeopardizing her
life, then he would be free to love her the way he had always wanted.
The pangs gripped him till he groaned.
He sped up the horse and dropped her at the stables and without a word galloped to the Marigold field.

Taylor was still standing and looking towards the direction of raised dust Anghel had roused when a small voice startled her
"My lady"

It was olivia.

Her brown dress was exchanged for soiled black dress. Her eyes were red and swollen like someone who had been crying

"Olivia!" Taylor exclaimed in shocked surprise at her sudden appearance and shabby look.
She made a move to hug her but the girl hurriedly stepped back, her eyes darting around nervously.

Taylor looked around, their only companion were horses.
She held the girl's hand and promptly led her to an empty stall and closed the wooden gate. It was not much, smelly and wet but it afforded them enough privacy from prying eyes

"Why didn't you tell me you were a fae olivia?" Taylor went straight to the point.

Olivia hung her head and fiddled with the end of her apron.
"It's not something that should be spoken aloud around here"

"Olivia, you are my friend and..."

"Don't you get it mistress? your friendship can't save me. I have survived here on sheer determination and hope of protecting the ones I love when the time comes but you have put all that in jeopardy. You have brought my sister from the safety of her land to a death trap."

It was Taylor's turn to feel uncomfortable
"The moment Olanda found out you were alive, there was no stopping her!"

Olivia choked on her tears and fell on her knees

"Please my lady, save my sister. Don't let her get killed, I beg of you"

"Stop it, stand up!"
Taylor pulled the sobbing girl on her feet, she flicked away her tears and smiled at her.

"I have the king and my husband on my side....I promise you no harm will come to your sister as long as I breathe"

Olivia looked up at taylor with wonder

"How do you plan on executing that?"

"I have a plan, and I'll be needing all the help I can get. First, go clean up, you will be summoned soon"

Taylor went straight to her chamber, her maids were waiting for her in an orderly file. She nodded at them and went straight to the bedside table

She picked a pen and wrote neatly on a piece of paper

I need your help and advice on something close to my heart. Please find me at the queen's Garden an hour from now
Lady S.

She took the note and handed it to Kai
"Find Lord Marius and give this to him"
The girl nodded, took the note, hid it in her bosom and took off.

With Kai out of the way, she faced the rest of her maids.
"What are your names? "

They each stepped out to give a name. Rachel, Anice, Rae and Maurine.
Taylor immediately recognized the demure look of the last girl, she had also attended to her on her wedding day. The quiet, sad one.

"Rachel, Rae and Anice, please go prepare me a decent meal, nothing fancy, something light but can feed two people"

"Yes my lady" they chorused with a courtsey. As soon as they departed she faced Maurine. Out of all her maids, she looked like one who could keep a secret better, for she hadly opened her mouth.

"I believe you know the way to the dungeons Maurine?"
Maurine's only show of suprise was a blink. She continued to stare at Taylor with eyes devoid of light

"Yes my lady" her voice was raspy and low.

"Get bread and water. We are visiting the dungeon now"

After a slight hesitation the girl courtsied and hurried away to do her bidding.

Five minutes later, maurine led Taylor down shadowy corridors in a shortcut that led to the underground holding also known as dungeon.
Maurine carried carefully a small oval copper tray that contained a loaf of buttered bread and a cup of water while Taylor followed quietly behind her.

They reached the end of a stone staircase that was barricaded with steel gates. Behind the gate stood a figure in all black.

When he saw them he straigtned, he looked displeased as he eyed both maid and mistress.

"What brings you to this dreary place my lady?" His gruff voice was hard and unwelcoming. He held no weapon and looked like he didn't need it

"I request to see my prize" Taylor elaborated carefully and regally. She had been practicing in her head.

"The fae is off limits till the council decides on her"

"I am her owner and have been granted the rights to see her by the king" Taylor lied through her teeth. At the skeptical look on the guards face she continued

"What? Would you like to go confirm from his chambers? I am sure he won't mind you doubting the words of the future Queen over such a trival matter. Go on"

The guard contemplated his option and grudgingly opened the well oiled gates.
When he eyed the tray containing food,

"I do not plan to poison my prize" she said stiffly, deliberately misunderstanding him.

He watched her closely as she and maurine stepped into the low celling enclosure. Taylor wondered if he was trying to see her lies written on her face as he continued to stare and follow them. He obviously wasn't going to give her the chance to jeopardize his watch by leaving her to her devices.

The dungeon didn't fulfill her imagination of prison cells, concrete slabs and torturing equipments. The dungeon was a maze of closed doors that revealed nothing behind them.

He led them through a quiet passage lighted with flame torches and abruptly stopped at an iron door. The walls were stained black with fire scars, the air was frigid and heavy. Obviously, the cell was the worst they had.

He unlocked the chained door and pushed it open to reveal a bare room of concrete floor and walls.
Olanda was sitting at the far end with her arms over her legs. Startled at the sudden disruption, she flew to her feet and gaped at her visitors.
She had been crying.

Taylor nodded to maurine who promptly set the tray before the frightened fae.

Mildrey, there is a note in the bread. Tell olanda to be strong

Taylor didn't know if her effort paid off, if the faerie she couldn't see could pick up the thoughts she tried to pass across but she did try.

Taylor didn't move from her position by the door

"No harm comes to her till her fate is decided. If so much as a scratch is found on her, you will have the king and the crown prince's wrath to face"

"I won't touch that vermin with a foot long pole" the guard spat, eyeing the trembling fae with disgust.

"Good. Now that I see the charge over my prize is being followed, I'll leave you to your guard"

The guard was happy to lead them back to where they came from, their feet were hardly out of the gates before he slammed them shut.
He stood at attention at his post, his thoughts damning foolish mortal women and their whims.

Behind the cell door, Olanda pulled out a thin note soiled with butter from between the bread.

I'll get you out of there soon, be of good cheer, your sister can't wait to see you

The ball of light pulsated beside her
"Of course I never doubted her. If she is whom you say she is mildrey, this is only just the begining"

Olanda whispered to her faerie then tore hungrily into the still warm bread.

A/N

Three chapters in a night as a token of my appreciation to you. And also a bribe, I hate keeping my readers in limbo but life has been playing pranks on Me lately. I still plan on finishing this story before the year runs out....so help me God!

Thanks a lot for sticking to this book, you'll hear from Ardelean soon

Don't forget to coment, vote and share!!! That way I'll feel more appreciated as a writer.
Xoxo
Starlily1

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.9K 127 61
#Dark #Forbidden #Vampire His eyes darkened. Voice rough with desire, he warned, "Don't tempt me, mortal." Before, his angered state would've serve...
33.1K 2K 45
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...
185K 4.1K 23
Legend says a beast like no other was sent from the depths of the underworld to conquer and destroy all life on earth... stories of the evil and mons...
81.3K 7K 33
Ariella doesn't want to love a human, they have ruined her world, tried to steal from her, taken those she loved away from her and made her life diff...