𝐊 𝕺 | k.th

By tastyggukie

✧ When a man-whore of a Prince falls for his subject. ✧ "Suck my dick," he provokes with his feet up on a cha... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
One in a Million
A Genuine Apology
Mendacious Pathway
An Effort and a Struggle
Memories of the Past
A Tender Wound
False Flag
Lost My Way
Fool me Once
Shame on You
Innocent and Ignorant
Fickle Matters
Second and First
Flushed with Lust
New Customs
Fool me Twice
Shame on Me
Distance
A Weak Threat
Without Care
Always You
To be His Queen
Faulty Promises
A Fleeting Feeling?
Ups and Downs
Dam
Peace
Broken
Trickling Down
Lying Truth
Partly Yours
Love Games
Your Best
Tower of Secrets
Past to Onward
Clarity
In the Case of Death or Displacement
Eye of the Storm
Caged Fire
Persistence is Key
Heartless Heart
Unpraising Daisy
Case
Indecisive Victory
[Notice] Thank You For 100K Reads!

Royal Harvest

25.1K 860 656
By tastyggukie

Personally, I never wanted to enter the Royal Harvest. My mother put me in, without my knowledge, the day of my fourteenth birthday.

I suppose she could sense my hatred for the princes or maybe, my faces of disgust whenever their names are mentioned gave it away. Either way, I have been a part of the Harvest for two years now, my pick being Prince Taehyung because he is the First Prince, and my mother wanted to be a royal as soon as possible.

Of course, I'm the one that's going to become royalty, not her.

Since there are so many girls waiting in line to win the Prince's heart, our actual feast with him can happen anywhere from the next week to years after signing up. Fortunately for me, I was called on years after my initial entering.

Last week, I had my first dinner with Prince Taehyung and...unfortunately, I was picked as the only girl from the group to continue on to the next week. I think I failed to show I have basic manners that day, so I can't imagine why he'd want to see me again but...

Arrogant bastard... He's probably just trying to get into my pants like all those other girls.

To be fair, I can imagine it being stressful and difficult for the Prince to choose a wife with pretty much the entire country offered to him, but...I still wish both of them would disappear off the face of the planet.

Just saying.

"Oh honey... You look so beautiful. What man wouldn't fall for you like this?" my mom admires while tightening the ribbons on the back of my dress. She immediately notices my posture and scolds me. "And straighten up, young lady! What did they teach you in the etiquette classes if you can't even maintain proper posture for more than five minutes?!"

How to get into the prince's bed...?

"Mother! I hate those classes so much! It's like paying money to sit in a room with a stick up your ass all day!" I whine while fixing my dress in the mirror, slyly loosening the ribbons to allow myself breathing room.

She exaggeratedly gasps. "Han Sooyun! Don't curse in my house. I still have rights over you." She parts my hair in three sections, getting ready to braid it. "If you curse in front of Prince Taehyung, you'll get an automatic disqualification!"

I let my shoulders relax again. "Who cares? I'll just enter Jungkook's in a few years. He's more attractive anyway."

"Sooyun... what am I going to do with you?" She sighs. "You just referred to a Prince by his first name and no title. And even worse, you're saying positive things about Prince Jungkook? You could get killed for that, love... You know I just want you to be safe."

She's right. If you fall for or show any signs of being in love with another man while being a part of the Harvest, you get publicly executed. Until now, I guess I never really thought about how awful this whole thing is... The process is unforgiving.

"And more importantly," I elongate my words. "You want to be a second class royal?"

"Your safety and happiness is more important."

"Whatever." I finish making myself presentable for a man I despise and knock on Nayun's door. I wait for a minute, and she finally steps out in a dress that's...prettier than mine. I laugh. "I think you're taking this too seriously, Nayun."

She looks up, and I notice the eyeshadow she has applied. "Do I look okay?"

"You look beautiful. Now let's go before I get kicked out for being late."

...

I step out of the car with Nayun right behind me and a million cameras flashing from all sides.

"And live, from the Royal Palace, our last lady has arrived!" a reporter says amidst all the flashes.

I turn back to Nayun, and she has a scared look on her face. Well, I may not want to marry Taehyung but I should still try to get on the peoples' good side, right?

I reach my hand out to her, and she holds it while still looking at me with puppy-dog eyes.

"And who's this? Our sources are saying this beautiful young lady is Lady Sooyun's younger sister, still not entered into the Royal Harvest!"

I smile at her and pull her toward me, so we're waking side-by-side, and I wave at all the photographers while elegantly making way toward the palace doors. They'll totally eat this all up, I think, unexpectedly giddy from the thought of the whole country bowing down to me.

I enter, and the guards close the doors behind me. I drop the smile and turn to Nayun. "Are you alright?"

She smiles and nods. "Yeah. I'm fine now. All the cameras just freaked me out a little."

I nod while trying to remember where the dining hall is, feeling a little dizzy from the flashing lights.

They've pretty much made the entire Harvest into a reality TV show, recording nearly ever second of our time in the palace and giving the people a peak into their future queen's life.

Because, of course, the people's choice matters too. Even when the Prince himself makes his decision, there are two people who can stop him: his father, and the people. So...now that I think about it, is it really his choice at all?

Nayun's voice brings me out of my thoughts. "Where do I go while you're kissing up to Prince Taehyung?"

I look around for signs. "Good question. I have no idea."

Just then, a maid walks by and spots us. "Oh! Lady Sooyun, please come this way. Forgive me for my lateness." She looks at Nayun. "Young lady, are you here as a guest?"

"Yes," I respond for her.

"Alright! Would you please have a seat by the entrance while I call another maid to help you?" And I leave Nayun by herself, following the maid to the dining hall.

"So what's your name? How are you?" I ask.

"M-Me? Oh..." she stutters as if caught off guard. "I am Hani. I am the Harvest maid this week. I'm given the privilege and honor ofㅡ" She suddenly stops. "Forgive me, Lady Sooyun. I was speaking out of my place."

I laugh and shake my head. "No, no! Don't apologize! I'm not royalty or anything."

Her eyes widen. "My lady, you could be my next Queen!"

"Nah. Don't worry about it. Now what were you saying?" I say casually, completely letting go of all the training I had to make my voice feminine and perfect and to only use the biggest, fanciest of words. "You like working here?"

"Of course! It is an honor to be working and living in the same place that the King and Queen reside."

"Oh, you live here too?"

"Yes, miss. All the maids live in a special quarter in the palace. For easy access."

I hum in response. Can't say I knew that.

"My lady." She smiles. "I must say...you are incredibly unique. I have escorted all 29 other girls to the dining hall today, and not a single one spoke a word to me, other than you... May the odds ever be in your favor for being kind with such a servant as I am."

I stay quiet. All I did was ask her name?

We stop in front of two, big, closed doors. "We're here," she says with a smile. Hani pulls both doors open and stands back, gesturing for me to enter.

I take a step forward and look at her. "Aren't you going to come with me? I'm nervous."

She continues looking down and answers, "No, my lady. I will be back with the food in some minutes. Please enjoy yourself." So I walk in cautiously, hoping all the cameras don't suddenly turn to me.

Shoot.

I feel the gazes of the other girls and all the cameramen on me. I make my way toward the one open seat on the end of the long table. I let my eyes roam free, looking pretty much everywhere except into one persons' eyes.

Directly across the table from me, with what seems like a thousand seats in between us, he speaks in a cheerful tone. "Lady Sooyun. I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it. I'm glad you're here."

"F-Forgive me, your highness. I won't disappoint you again," I say, far too quietly for anyone to hear. I look up timidly, suddenly feeling out of breathe, and I lock eyes with him.

He smirks. "I'm sure you won't."

To be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 1.5K 107
Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, but makes an exception for fallen, and naΓ―...
133K 6.9K 37
"Come on, Jeon. Shoot me." "Why should I?" "Because you want it." ~~~~~~ New Vkook fanfic This story contains smut, violence and strong language. Yo...
3.3K 302 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
13.8K 411 25
[ kth β€’ wife ] {imagine} {one-shot} {hot fluff} ||| He gets out of the car first. In the blinding chaos, you focus only on the hand he extends to you...