Look into my eyes (Daniel Rad...

By Midnightdreamer999

Evelyn Chamberlin was a simple girl. She has lived in Leeds with her family since she was born. She is now tw... More

The Encounter (Chapter One)
Let's go for Lunch (Chapter Two)
Work and Dinner (Chapter Three)
Evelyn's Response (Chapter five)
Car Crash (chapter six)

The Question (Chapter four)

631 17 0
By Midnightdreamer999

     Evelyn finished up her Chinese food that she was eating with Dan at her apartment. Addi and Kayla went out for drinks and karaoke, leaving the apartment to Evelyn. The girls thought that she was going to be staying home alone, but Evelyn took the chance that she had to invite Dan over for dinner. She stood and throwed her empty box away in the bin, followed by Dan. She stretched and returned to the dance where the two of them were watching a game show. 

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" She asked him as he sat down next to her

He stretched and drew his attention from the show and focused it on Evelyn. "I'm going to lunch with Tom, Emma, Rupert and Matt at 12, at 3 I have an interview, and at 5 I'm taking my dogs on a walk"

Evelyn smiled, "wow, you really are organized huh?"

"Well what are you doing?" He asked her

"Uh.. well..", Evelyn tried to say it the same way that Dan did, "At 8 I'll wake up and get ready and eat and stuff, at 12 I'll be at work, at 4 I get off work and go to the shop to get necessities, and at 5 I'll go home, unpack groceries, clean the rooms and eat and watch tv.." She bit her lip "And that's about it.. your life is a lot more interesting than mine."

He shrugged, "Your life sounds pretty nice to me. I'd love a nice calm day for once, Hopefully I'll be getting one soon. Maybe we could spend it together?"

Evelyn nodded, "That'd be nice! Maybe we could go to the beach or something?"

"It's a date!" He grinned

Evelyn's heart raced a little when he said A date. "Oh don't think of it like that.",  She thought, "You know what he meant. You guys are just friends. Face it."  

"Yep!" She smiled and then turned her attention back to the TV show. 

"I should be going" Dan said when the show finally ended. 

"Awh", she pouted, "Okay.."

Dan stood and stretched, "I'll talk to you tomorrow yeah? I'll call you at about 4:45?"

"Okie dokie!!" Evelyn smiled.

She stood and gave Dan a hug, he hugged her back. "Talk tomorrow then, Dan!" She pulled away

Dan opened his mouth a little as if he was going to say something, or maybe ask her a question.

Evelyn tilted her head and waited for him to say whatever it was that he needed to say.

Dan closed his mouth, opened it, and then closed it once more, bringing a hand up and running it through his black locks. 

"I'll see you later Ev." He said, quickly leaving before she could question him.

"That was weird..."  Evelyn thought as she shut her door behind him, "He definitely wanted to say something.. did I do something wrong to make him not want to say it?..."  She frowned. "I'll ask him tomorrow when he calls"  She thought, placing herself back on the couch and switching the channel to a talk show.

She stood and walked to the kitchen, unloading the dishwasher and then starting to wash the dishes that had piled up in the sink over the last few days. 

Once she had finished cleaning dishes, showered and changed into pajamas she sat on the couch as a slightly tipsy Addi walked in, holding up Kayla who was looking half asleep. 

"Hey. Have fun?" 

Addi nodded, letting Evelyn stand and help her set Kayla down on the couch where she instantly passed out completely. 

"I think that Kayla drank a little too much though." Addi said, pushing her shoulder length blonde hair out of her face. 

Evelyn cracked a smile, "Yeah, I can tell. I think you both need to sleep."

Addi nodded, yawning "I'm going to shower quick then head to sleep. It's getting late"

Evelyn looked at the clock that read 10:13 pm and nodded. "Yeah, I think I'm going to head to bed as well. I'm sleepy and I have work later tomorrow." She stretched, "Night Addi"

"Night Evelyn."

Evelyn set off to her room, pulling the curtains closed and climbing into bed, pulling her blankets close to her. She brushed her long brown hair behind her ears, rested her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, falling asleep to the sound of water hitting the shower walls.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 4:30 the next day, Evelyn was leaving the Starbucks drive through, her groceries in her back seat. She set her Pumpkin Spice Latte in her cup holder, flipped on her turn signal and drove down the road back to her apartment. 

 Once she got home, parked and managed to carry all of her things into the house she started unpacking her groceries. Putting milk and eggs in the fridge, bread in the bread bin, orange juice in the fridge, ramen in the cupboards, all the while sipping her Pumpkin Spice Latte. She smiled when she saw her phone light up on the counter with a goofy picture of Dan. She snatched her phone up off the counter and answered his call.

"Helllooooo?" She answered

"Hey there." She heard Dan's voice say "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm putting groceries away, drinking my drink, thinking of what to make for dinner. You?"

"Meh", he said, she heard the sound of a door click closed on his end of the line, "Nothing much. I'm going to take Binka and Nugget to the park in a moment, other than that, that's about it. I just finished an interview about an hour ago, just got home and changed out of my suit. Not much."

She closed a cupboard gently, "Ah, still cooler than my day"

"You may think so" He said, you could hear the smile in his voice. "So, I was wondering... I uh.. I have a question to ask you. I don't have a lot of time, I need to help my parents clean out their basement in an hour. So can you meet me at the park in 15 minutes?"

"Yeah. Sounds good! See you there"

"Bye Ev"

"Bye for now Dan"

She left to grab her shoes once she hung up. She slipped her boots on along with her hoodie, grabbed her drink which was still half full, and walked out to her car. She buckled and sent a text to Addi before turning the key and driving off. 

Hey, I'm not going to be home when you get there. I'll be home in like 45 minutes to an hour. Dan wanted to meet me at the park and ask me something. See you later. 

She drove to the park that her and Dan always went to together, parked and trekked across the grassy field to a bench that Dan was seated on. 

"Hey Dan" She said, sitting and petting Binka.

"Hey" He smiled. His smile wasn't normal though, it was almost nervous looking. 

"So what did you want to ask me?" She asked, tilting her head slightly

He seemed more nervous than normal, especially around her. "Oh..yeah...well..I-Um....." He was silent for a while but Evelyn didn't interrupt and ask what was keeping him because she could tell that he was deep in thought, reviewing how to voice his question. Evelyn waited patiently. 

"Ok. Well, it's just.." He took a deep breath and continued, looking deep into her eyes, "Since I met you, you've made my life better. You bring in a lot of light, you make me laugh, you calm me down when I need it and you always help me and give me advice and input. I didn't realize it until I met you, but I needed someone like you, you. I needed you in my life and now that I have you it's so much better than I ever could have imagined. I guess what I'm saying is that you really make me happy, in such a short time you have become one of my best friends. And I think that, after a lot of thought, I want to maybe take it to the next level.."

Evelyn was frozen, is this going where she thought it was?.. 

He took another deep breath, "Evelyn, would you like to be my girlfriend?.. 

((Cliffhanger!! What do you think Evelyn will say? What would you say? I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I'm going to start chapter five right now! I'm not sure if it'll be posted tonight, hopefully it will but if not It will be posted in the morning! Please vote!! Love you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.9K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
579K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
6.1M 98.8K 104
>「𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘰 𝘌𝘳𝘢 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 」 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐄𝐑. Demon Slayer belongs to Koyoh...
102K 9.1K 110
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...