Apple Pies Tell No Lies (Ryuk...

Door kissing_kasanoda

"Tell me, Ryuk, what were you before you became a shinigami?" Five months after the death of Light Yagami. Ry... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
**~Christmas special~**
Part 2???
***UPDATE***
Oneshot Book and Apologies

Chapter 8

10.1K 385 690
Door kissing_kasanoda

Hey guys! Even though only three of you lovely readers messaged me to keep going, I decided to finish it (cause not finishing things is just wrong) So there will be two or three more chapters left and then we'll be done! Commenting really helps me to continue writing! Thanks again for reading! Now on with the story, Ryuk!!

**************************************************************************************************

"God join'd my heart and Romeo's, thou our hands;

And ere this hand, by thee to Romeo seal'd,

Shall be the label to another deed,

Or my true heart with treacherous revolt

Turn to another, this shall slay them both:

Therefore, out of thy long-experienced time,

Give me some present counsel, or, behold,

'Twixt my extremes and me this bloody knife

Shall play the umpire, arbitrating that

Which the commission of thy years and art

Could to no issue of true honour bring.

Be not so long to speak; I long to die,

If what thou speak'st speak not of remedy."

Three days remained of (Y/n)'s life.

Ryuk couldn't bear to tell her.

It was over.

(Y/n) threw her script down on the bed, frustrated.

"Ryuk? What's really going on? You've been looking glum for the past few weeks. Why?"

He cleared his throat.

"I'm just proud to see how you're coming along with the play. Those singing lessons really helped with your range. You are an excellent Juliet."

(Y/n) blushed and glanced down at the bedroom floor with a frown.

"You don't have to lie to me, Ryuk. I know that's not what is wrong."

His face fell. She could see right through him. No one had ever understood him more than she could....

And no one ever will.

Suddenly an idea popped into his head, making him feel like a total fool for not thinking of it before.

"(Y/n)? If I were to do something...would you trust me? Completely?"

Her eyes widened as she snapped her view to his face.

"Yes," she said breathy, blood pumping through her veins quickly.

She is definitely reading the situation wrong.

Ryuk lowered down to her level. (Y/n)'s breaths became short in anticipation.

"Close your eyes," he instructed.

Her eyelids closed, and she felt arms wrap around her body. She gasped. He was hugging her!? "Now hold on tight." Her confusion turned to mild horror as she realized her feet weren't touching the floor. "Ryuk!? What the--!?" Wind hit her face fiercely, moving her hair out of her face, shocking her with the air resistance. She shrieked, not understanding what was happening.

"Open your eyes, but not too quickly," Ryuk instructed, never once letting go of his firm grip on her waist.

His ever present smile grew wider than ever as she gapped at the sight before her.

"We're...flying."

The morning sky was laced with pinks and oranges from the sun on the hazy horizon. (Y/n) had never seen the sky like this before. Flying, really flying, was something man had longed to do; and now she truly did.

She turned her head to face the shinigami.

"Thank you, Ryuk."

His face heated. He had just wanted her to have something to look back to after she died...

What did you do before you died, Ryuk? Do you remember?

Before I...died?

His grip on the girl slipped as the shock of his thoughts overtook him. (Y/n) screamed as she plummeted towards the earth below. Ryuk cursed and dropped to catch her. What the heck was he thinking? His bracelet chinked as he swooped and grabbed (Y/n)'s waist. He lightly placed them in a near forest, away from other human eyes. (Y/n) sobbed into his shoulder as he sat them against a sturdy, shady tree.

"I apologize, (Y/n). I didn't mean for that to happen. I..." Ryuk trailed off, thinking once more of his sudden thoughts.

But, really, what did you mean 'before I died'?

Well, you had to come from somewhere, didn't you?

Yes, but how...?

Footsteps could be heard trailing into the woods. Ryuk's face paled even more than it already was to begin with. If (Y/n) was to be discovered leaning on an invisible object... He peeled her off of him and set her in his place against the tree. She sniffled an objection but he softly shushed her. A boy about her age jogged into view, looking surprised at the sight of the girl crying.

"(Y/n)?" he asked concerned, running towards her crumpled frame.

Wait, he knows her?

The girl, shocked, snapped her head up to see the boy.

"Brandon? What are you doing here?"

Brandon crouched down next to her, sitting right in front of Ryuk.

"I went for a jog in the forest today. It was just an urge, I guess. I saw you alone and...dear lord what's wrong?"

(Y/n) sniffled a little and glanced at Ryuk. He really did feel bad for what happened. It wasn't like he dropped her on purpose. I need to get a hold of myself more. I may not be human, but these thoughts seem strangely humane. "I really am sorry, kid," he apologized. Brandon put a hand on her knee. "Hey, you can talk to me, you know? We actors have to sick together. Plus it's kinda convenient that Romeo would find Juliet crying alone in a forest." Romeo? She smiled at his comment and wiped her tears off her cheeks. "It's nothing, Brandon. I just fell and...well this whole situation is getting me down a little." He seemed to understand what she was talking about as he elaborated, "Yeah, I know how you feel. This director's getting on my nerves. What he wants us to do...I mean, hey, I like you and all, I really do, but if you have a boyfriend, I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. If he would just let the stage kiss be enough...oh! You are uncomfortable--I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

Boyfriend? She has a boyfriend?! Why didn't she tell me?!

"I understand it's a romantic tragedy, but what are they making you do?" Ryuk asked calmly, despite his internal conflicts on the subject.

The girl squirmed where she sat, uneasy with the two conversations pointed at her. She sighed and brushed a lock of hair out of her face and behind her ear. "It's not your fault, Brandon. Chikan Sensei is just a...passionate man who wants to get the audience engaged in the show. It won't be too bad," she said gazing up at him, "we are actors after all."

Brandon seemed relieved at her answer and slowly got up from his spot. Stretching his arms above him, his shirt rode up, showing his tan skin and toned stomach. (Y/n)'s eyes followed his movements. Ryuk's eye twitched, annoyed with her reaction to the human. "I'm worn out from my morning routine. Do you wanna go to the café on 5th street? I'm buying." (Y/n)'s face broke out in a huge grin. "Of course! I haven't been there in ages!" The boy offered an arm to help her up and she accepted.

"We can practice lines while we are there. Should we review Act 2 Scene 2?" Brandon suggested.

"Of course," (Y/n) replied as they started to walk down the path Brandon came from.

Over her shoulder, the girl mouthed to the shinigami 'don't-follow-me'.

If he had a heart, it would have broke...

***The conditions of death will not be realized unless they are physically possible for that human or could be reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human.***

"I told you, Ryuk, for the last time, Brandon was cast as Romeo and, no, I am not interested in him!"

(Y/n) forcefully squirted an enormous amount of shampoo in her hand and ferociously scrubbed her hair. Ever since she got back from the café, Ryuk had been pestering her with questions about the boy. She thought if she took a shower he would relent. Alas, here they were in the cramped shower...again. The shinigami loved the steady flow of warm rain too much for his own good. This had become almost a routine for the two. (Y/n) should've known he would follow her here.

"You don't have to take out your frustration on your hair. It'll ruin it," Ryuk commented as the bubbles from the shampoo covered the mangled mess on the girl's head.

She scoffed, "And now you're a hair expert?"

"I have to keep one part of my body nice. I was made fun of in the shinigami realm for it. That and my love of apples."

She rolled her eyes. "Speaking of apples, eat the whole thing 'cause I'm not cleaning seeds off the shower floor again."

Ryuk popped the rest of the red fruit in his mouth, savoring the juices as he crunched on the core. "Getting back to the subject," he said, swallowing the remains of the apple, "he said you had a boyfriend. How have I not known about this?"

She gave up on the soapy hair and settled for rinsing it out. "I don't have one. I just told the director that so I wouldn't have to actually kiss Brandon. It didn't work, though. I still have to kiss him."

Relief coursed through Ryuk and he let out a breath he did not know he was holding.

"Why? Were you worried?" (Y/n) asked teasingly.

The shinigami coughed. "Of course not. You can handle yourself just fine."

She nodded her agreement and started soaping her upper body.

"Besides," she added, "there's only one person I want to impress, and they're not human."

A light blush covered Ryuk's pale face at her words and actions.

You are hopelessly in love with her.

I know...but it's too late.

It's not too late. Think about when she dies. You'll see her again.

I will?

Duh, what do you think you were before you became a shinigami?

"Uh, Ryuk? You ok? You fazed out on me again."

He blinked out of his thoughts and rested his gaze on (Y/n) messaging soap into her legs. The warm water quickly melted the foam and revealed glistening, clean skin. How amusing humans were! Covering themselves in scents and harmful substances just to be "clean". Ryuk smirked. This was how a shinigami was supposed to think. He forgot about how fun it was to make fun of humans. But you love this one, his little voice reminded him. His face fell again, emotions unfelt rising up within him. What was wrong with him? Why couldn't he make his mind up?

The girl sighed and stood in front of Ryuk's sitting form. Determination crossed her features as she slowly sat on his lap. Ryuk gasped. He wasn't paying attention until then. "Um, (Y/n)? What are you doing?" he sheepishly asked, face turning crimson at the surprise of her actions. "You weren't paying attention to me, so I did something to make you pay attention." He gulped. She had never been this close to him before, not even when they were flying. That's because she's naked, his voice commented, every time you come in here you lose it. But, hey, it's not like you can do anything with her. She is pretty to look at though.

Ryuk shut his eyes tightly in frustration.

"Ryuk?" (Y/n) asked.

He inhaled slowly and softly sang a song he heard the girl listening to while studying.

"I'm never what I like

I'm double-sided

And I just can't hide

I kinda like it

When I make you cry

'Cause I'm twisted up, I'm twisted up, inside my mind"

He chose that song because he could relate to it well. It was intriguing.

(Y/n) relaxed all of a sudden, seemingly turning to jelly at the sound of Ryuk's voice. Her reaction confused him greatly. Was this good?

A small smile shone on her face. She leant toward the pale shinigami and kissed his flushed cheek.

"I love you," she softly whispered as she got up and left the shower that held a most surprised yet pleased shinigami.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

161K 5K 81
⚠️I suggest reading in black. It starts off slow but It gets to the point in chapter 3 I follow the plot of the anime but I add my own little twist i...
383K 13.4K 81
[Yandere Various Death Note x Reader] At a very young age (Y/n) could see things other people couldn't. What happens when she begins to see creepier...
7.6K 174 21
𝘈𝘴 𝘡𝘩𝘦π˜ͺ𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘀𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦π˜₯, 𝘨𝘒𝘴𝘱π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘒π˜ͺ𝘳 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜ͺ𝘡𝘴 𝘸𝘒𝘺 π˜ͺ𝘯𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘩...
501K 15.5K 40
Kira finally became God of the New World. | | The famous detective L had hidden himself away, trying to think of comebacks to bring real justice back...