Jawbreakers and Glasses

By Arisa_Nightingale

[Rev!Edd x Reader] Being brand new to a new city and a new neighborhood was already enough for you to handle... More

The first day of school
The Wolf's Play Thing
Picture Perfect
Meet the Kanker Sisters
Barbie and Ken
Tire Swing
Stargazing
Prank Gone Wrong
Cul-De-Sac Carwash
Nightmare
Valentines Day
In the Rain
Conspiracy
Natatorium Boy
Truth or Dare
Alpha Vs. Alpha
Old Flame
Prince Charming with a leather jacket
Saturday Morning Out
The Truth
Summer Tradition
Study Date
Bet
Aesthetics, the future, and aesthetics again
Bonnie & Clyde (A Mafia AU)
My Champion
His Madness, his sanity
Q & A
October Fest
Don't F*ck with me
Tis the Season
Stressed Out
Sudden Inspiration
Eddy's House
Meet my family

Date Due

1.5K 40 5
By Arisa_Nightingale

It was a regular Friday for the students of Peach Creek High as the students packed their things and made their way home for a weekend filled with fun, homework, laziness and procrastination. For Edd, along with the other athletes in the school, had just finished their regular practice and training and were making their way home. However, to Edd's dismay, swimming practice had taken longer than expected, which meant he couldn't walk you nor his friend's home. As he packed his bags, neatly organizing his wet clothes, a conversation barely made its way into his ears. "Hey Grant! I heard you're taking someone out!" someone called out.
"Oh! Haha, yeah." Grant grinned bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. "We're going to the local restaurant for the first date."

Edd stopped his movement as Grant said those last two words. First date. Had he taken you on the first date? He should have, it's the first rule in dating. The first date is always important! Well, there was that Saturday morning outing, however that was more like a mixture of a date and some chores that he needed to do. Then there were those mini events that happened here and there, but he couldn't consider those as dates for the sake that he simply invited you or you were part of the process of making those events. Edd internally cursed, he really hadn't taken you on a formal date that consisted of shy movement and awkward silence.
"Hello! Is anyone in there in that big brain of yours?!" Stephan called. Edd blinked out of his thoughts, only to his quirky teammate looking him straight in the face.
"What?" Edd asked, raising an eyebrow, a stoic face plastered on his face.

"Well firstly, I've been calling you for the past five minutes so either you're doing your math homework in your head, or something's bothering you." Stephan asked, shrugging as he sat on the bleacher looking at the team's wonder boy.
"Whatever." Edd mumbled, swinging his bag over his shoulder and made his way out of the natatorium.
"H-hey!" Stephen yelped as he quickly dashed off after him. "Now I definitely know something's wrong. What is it? You couldn't walk your girlfriend home?" Stephan asked cheekily.
"Sure. Whatever floats your boat." Edd said bluntly, ignoring his bubbly friend.
"Come on Edd! You can tell me!" Stephan whined, standing in front of him and crossing his arms. Edd sighed, knowing the guy was going to be persistent.
"Fine. I overheard Grant saying he was taking someone out on a first date and it made me remember that I forgot to take my girl on the first date." Edd sighed, letting all his worries out and open.

Stephan stood silently as he listened before opening his mouth. "How in the world did you manage to keep a girlfriend this long?" Stephan asked in a comical yet blunt manner.
"I swear I'm going to punch you right in the face." Edd shouted before sighing.
"Well, why not do it today?" Stephan suggested.
"What?"
"The date? Why not do it today? It's better late than never."
"How?"
"Well ask her. I mean come on, it's not like you have anything better to do." Stephan shrugged.
"Well, I do have that research on the side...then there's the one the school asked me to do..."
"Wow I really wonder what she saw in you." Stephan commented bluntly.
"I'm going to kill you." Edd growled. "Alright, I'll take that advice. It better work." Edd grumbled, pulling out his phone as he sent you a quick message.
"I know it's going to work! Ladies love me!" Stephan grinned childishly.
"Yeah, you're lucky you have a pretty face, cause that's all you got." Edd smirked as he walked home.
"You're a jerk!" Stephan whined with a playful pout.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was just after school as you relaxed in your room, freshly showered and in your pajamas, sprawled out on your bed with snacks and watching whatever it was on your computer. It wasn't the best week, but it wasn't the worst. All you knew was you needed to unwind and forget what the teachers piled on you. As you munched on your snack, laying in the most awkward position known to man, you watched whatever Youtube provided you. Suddenly, your phone went off, causing you peek over in its direction. You were in the most comfortable position, and you honestly did not want to move. An idea suddenly popped in your head as you looked back at your phone and reached out to grab it, with your sock covered foot. With a tongue stuck out, you focused with all your might as you stretched your leg to grab it. Suddenly your foot slipped, causing you to tumble down with a yelp. You groaned, as you sat up, rubbing your head as you looked at your side table and glared at the innocent phone that sat there charging.

"Technology is stupid..." you mumbled as you picked it up and stared at it. A text message was sent from Edd, asking if you were free today. Shrugging, you replied that you were free. Oh, you knew that you had an essay due, along with a rough draft, a powerpoint and a review, but as much as they will haunt you, you could do it Saturday. There wasn't anything important tomorrow anyways. Immediately, Edd replied back to your message, stating for you to get ready in something semi-formal along with him being at your front door at seven. You looked at your clock, seeing that it was five. "Well...I can get ready now...or I can watch this video and get ready later." You said to yourself. Weighing your options, you went with number two and plopped back on your bed, setting a timer so that you could get ready

Six came by sooner than you realized and the next thing you knew it was seven. Your computer played a song of your choice as you sat in front of the mirror, wearing your dress as you applied your make-up. You were lost in your own world as you lip synced to the current song. Suddenly you heard someone knock at the door, snapping you out of your little world of music. "What time is it?" you asked yourself as you looked at the time. A sharp gasp escaped your lips as you shot up to your feet. It was already seven. Quickly, you shot up to your feet, grabbing your shoes, along with a cute little clutch that matched your attire and your phone and rushed downstairs to answer the door.

You swung the door open, only to see Edd's eyes slightly widened with one hand in his pocket and the other one holding his phone and keys. "U-Um, h-hi." You bashfully said, tucking your hair behind your ear as you looked at him shyly. Everyone knew that Edd was one handsome fellow, however looking at him now, you swore he stepped right out of those tumblr pictures that girls drool over. Wearing a simple yet form fitting pair of black jeans, he matched it with a casual button up shirt paired with a semi-formal suit coat on top and his signature beanie on top. "Bunny?" He asked, waving a hand in your face.
"H-Huh?" You squeaked out as you looked up at him.
"I think you're forgetting to put your shoes on." He pointed out with a cocky smirk. You blinked before you looked down and saw that you have yet to put your shoes on.
"O-Oh...yeah..." you mumbled as you put your shoes down and slipped your feet in. After making sure your shoes were in secure, you looked back at Edd as he looked at you with amusement.
"Let's get going." He said, holding out a hand for you take. You blushed as you gently placed your smaller ones in his as he guided you to his car that sat right outside. As he opened the passenger's door, you were about to slip in until Edd stopped you. "You look cute." He said in a low voice, causing you to blush.
"T-Thank you." You said softly as you looked over at him with a small smile before slipping inside. With the door being closed behind you, Edd made his way around to the driver's seat. As soon as he sat in, he started the car and the both of you were off. The car trip was filled with idle conversation along with giggles here and there, along with the sudden reminder of homework.

When the both of you arrived to the destination, you awed at the beautiful restaurant that glowed from the golden lights. "Oh my gosh...!" you awed. The restaurant was absolutely beautiful. With the vines growing up the walls and accenting the building, it was almost as if you were about to walk into the different world. As a matter of fact, it almost did feel like you were walking into a different world as soon as the both of you stepped through the front door. The interior was welcoming and elegant. The light rumble of chatter and conversation filled the dimly lit room. People of all ages were scattered through the restaurant and the back seemed like a real party was happening. As the both of you took a seat, the waiter handed you the menus before going off and serving another customer. "Wow, Edd, this is- this is absolutely beautiful!" you awed, looking around as people enjoyed the company of one another.
"Yeah? The Midnight Lagoon has been a crowd favorite ever since it opened a couple of years back. The boys and I would always chill out in the outdoor lounge after a home game." Edd said casually flipping through the menu.

"The variety of food they have is amazing! I-Is that a basket of wings?" you asked, a giggle bubbling from your lips.
"You'd be surprised how good it is." Edd shrugged as he continued to skim through the menu. After the both of you ordered and the waiter set the drinks of your choosing, the both of you relaxed into some simple conversation. Laughs were shared between you two, along with subtle gestures of affection to one another. "Yeah so Edd thought it would be the greatest idea to show off his older brother was coming? That back fired so terribly." Edd chuckled, causing you to shake your head.
"Eddy is one interesting character isn't he." You smiled. "But he means well, I can tell."
"Sure, I guess you could say that. Don't tell him I agree to it though. He's going to use it against my will for his stupid ass cons." Edd grumbled.

You laughed as Edd rolled his eyes the both of you settled in a comfortable silence. "Oh Edd, I've been meaning to ask you this." You began, fiddling with your hands that laid in your lap. "Why the sudden outing? I-I mean, don't get me wrong, it's absolutely beautiful a-and I love that I get to spend time with you, I was simply curious."
Edd looked at you before sighing, leaning back against the chair. "I just..." He began, before going into silence. You waited patiently, wondering if everything's alright. Edd let out a sigh before sitting back up again. "When I was leaving practice, I overheard one of the guys saying they were going out on a first date. And it reminded me that, we never really went on a first date before." He sighed, toying with the utensils. "Stupid right?" A smile graced your soft lips as you reached over and placed a hand over his, catching Edd's attention.

"I don't think it's stupid at all." You said softly. "In all honesty, I think it's rather sweet of you." you smiled as you watched the slight pink tint in his cheeks as he looked away.
"Where the fuck is our food..." he mumbled, trying to divert his attention to anything else but his racing heart. You giggled as dinner was finally served and the both of you went back into the tempo that was originally there. The food was fantastic, mouthwatering even! It's usually difficult for you to finish food in such a serving, but this? Oh my gosh you swore you cleaned the plate. After the meal, the both of you decided to walk to the open back area of the restaurant where a lot of people around your age, and even some of the older students that were in college were relaxing in the lounge chairs.

"It's just as beautiful out here as it is outside." You awed as you awed, carrying a glass of your favorite drink while walking with Edd. "I can see why a lot of people come here." You said, looking around as many shared the enjoyment of one another.
"Glad you liked it." Edd hummed as the both of you stood underneath the wooden pavilion, intertwined with grape vines and fairy lights.
"Edd thank you for taking me here." You said with a blush. "This has to be the best thing ever." You giggled as you looked up at him.
"Yeah? Well, there is one thing that needs to happen before we call it a night." Edd smirked, placing his drink on the thick wooden railing.
"And what would that be?" You asked curiously, biting your supple lips to hide the grin.
"Oh I think you know." Edd replied coyly as he leaned down and pressed his lips against yours. Immediately you responded back, your eyes fluttering close as you put your drink by his before placing your hand on his chest.

The moment was simply blissful and it matched the kiss the both of you were sharing. It was a change from his usual hungry and possessive kiss, however, none of the less it was still something that made you feel like you were on cloud nine. After the both of you separated, a smile graced your lips before hearing a crowd burst into cheers and applause. When you both turned towards the direction, you saw a girl squealing and hopping around, along with a male on his knees, holding a velvet box. The both of you smiled as they broke out into another cheer as the girl said yes, causing everyone to give a round of applause.

Soon after the eventful night, the both of you began your journey back to the parking lot. "Who would've thought we'd see a proposal." You said casually.
"Yeah, but I'm still laughing at the guy that tripped over the champagne bottle. Now that is comedy." Edd chuckled. As he opened the passenger door for you, Edd's eyes then caught on to something, or someone who seemed all too familiar. "I-Is that Grant?" Edd asked, raising an eyebrow. Curiously you looked over to see a guy that looked about your age speaking to another guy who seemed to be a couple years older than him. Though the both of you didn't hear anything, the both of you were taken aback when all of a sudden, they began to aggressively kiss before the older one opened the back seat of the car and shoved him in, soon following after.
"O-Oh my." You blushed, watching the intimate scene between.
"Well...the more you know." Edd said with a nod and shrugged as the both of you got into the car and drove back home. Yes, it was a night well spent, filled with memories, laughter and delicious food. And it was for sure, that you were going to come back to Midnight Lagoon sooner than you thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 273 12
You are a hunter in a bar drinking after a bad hunt drinking your problems away.Then two very attractive men walk in.You meet eyes with one and start...
14K 429 19
It's done so deal with it. jk ily - - Just a note: I wrote the first two chapters when I was a "beginner" writer and now I'm just too lazy to fix it...
533K 19.4K 43
"but when she looked at him, he was like an ocean and she went back to the girl who couldn't swim." surfer!luke au #281 in fanfiction 12/6/15
76.9K 2.5K 18
↳ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 *ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ 「𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒊 𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓」 ❝ i really didn't like you at first. like, at all. you were...